|By PR Newswire||
|April 3, 2014 12:00 PM EDT||
BURLINGTON, Mass., April 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group finds that following its launch, Cubist's second generation oxazolidinone Sivextro will be highly differentiated from other anti-MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) agents for the treatment of complicated skin and skin structure infections (cSSSIs) due to MRSA. In particular, Sivextro's once-daily dosing, shorter course of therapy, and its potential for lower treatment-related adverse events are notable improvements over Pfizer's Zyvox/Zyvoxid, the current market share leader for MRSA cSSSIs. Accordingly, in March 2014, the FDA's Anti-Infective Drugs Advisory Committee unanimously recommended Sivextro's approval for the treatment of cSSSIs.
Other key findings from the DecisionBase report entitled Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Complicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections: In The Crowded MRSA cSSSI Market, How Will Emerging Therapies Differentiate Themselves from Current Standard of Care?:
- Importance of early clinical response rates for MRSA cSSSIs: Less than 40 percent of surveyed European infectious disease (ID) specialists chose early clinical response rate among their top three most persuasive end points when evaluating new antibiotics for MRSA cSSSIs, compared with nearly 60 percent of surveyed U.S. ID specialists who ranked this end point accordingly. This finding highlights the impact of the FDA's recommendation for use of early response as the primary end point in clinical trials.
- Payer receptivity to new anti-MRSA agents with a shorter length of therapy: As U.S. hospitals aim to contain healthcare costs, hospital pharmacy directors will seek therapies that help reduce the cost of managing MRSA cSSSIs, including agents that promote earlier discharge. Nearly two-thirds of surveyed pharmacy directors support formulary inclusion of agents with a shorter course of therapy than Zyvox/Zyvoxid, and are priced similarly or at a premium to a seven-day course of Zyvox/Zyvoxid.
- Future impact of Dalvance and oritavancin on current therapies: Surveyed ID specialists indicate that Durata's Dalvance and The Medicines Company's oritavancin will gain uptake at the expense of vancomycin and Cubist's Cubicin. With long systemic half-lives allowing for convenient once-weekly or single dosing, respectively, we expect both agents will compete for MRSA cSSSI patients who require further antibiotic therapy at discharge or are candidates for outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy.
Comments from Decision Resources Group Analyst Maria Ascano Ph.D.:
- "Although ID specialists consider efficacy to be the most important drug attribute for treating MRSA cSSSIs, the availability of many highly effective therapies will make it difficult for new entrants to differentiate themselves on efficacy improvements alone. However, because this segment of the market is dominated by older less well-tolerated parenteral antibiotics, developers can highlight safety and delivery improvements to capitalize on market opportunities."
- "Therapies that can help promote early discharge or reduce hospital admissions will gain favorable uptake as healthcare providers aim to reduce hospital-associated costs. Therefore, agents providing convenient use in the outpatient setting, including availability in IV and oral formulations, shorter courses of therapy, or infrequent dosing, will be highly differentiated in this crowded market segment."
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Find out more at www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand, or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group
As the world moves towards more DevOps and microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Raghavan "Rags" Srinivas, an Architect/Developer Evangeli...
Oct. 13, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 289
As-a-service models offer huge opportunities, but also complicate security. It may seem that the easiest way to migrate to a new architectural model is to let others, experts in their field, do the work. This has given rise to many as-a-service models throughout the industry and across the entire technology stack, from software to infrastructure. While this has unlocked huge opportunities to accelerate the deployment of new capabilities or increase economic efficiencies within an organization, i...
Oct. 13, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 353
As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ability. Many are unable to effectively engage and inspire, creating forward momentum in the direction of desired change. Renowned for its approach to leadership and emphasis on their people, organizations increasingly look to our military for insight into these challenges.
Oct. 13, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 284
SYS-CON Events announced today that DataClear Inc. will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The DataClear ‘BlackBox’ is the only solution that moves your PC, browsing and data out of the United States and away from prying (and spying) eyes. Its solution automatically builds you a clean, on-demand, virus free, new virtual cloud based PC outside of the United States, and wipes it clean...
Oct. 13, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 656
SYS-CON Events announced today that Machkey International Company will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Machkey provides advanced connectivity solutions for just about everyone. Businesses or individuals, Machkey is dedicated to provide high-quality and cost-effective products to meet all your needs.
Oct. 13, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 456
The modern software development landscape consists of best practices and tools that allow teams to deliver software in a near-continuous manner. By adopting a culture of automation, measurement and sharing, the time to ship code has been greatly reduced, allowing for shorter release cycles and quicker feedback from customers and users. Still, with all of these tools and methods, how can teams stay on top of what is taking place across their infrastructure and codebase? Hopping between services a...
Oct. 13, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 555
As operational failure becomes more acceptable to discuss within the software industry, the necessity for holding constructive, actionable postmortems increases. But most of what we know about postmortems from "pop culture" isn't actually relevant for the software systems we work on and within. In his session at DevOps Summit, J. Paul Reed will look at postmortem pitfalls, techniques, and tools you'll be able to take back to your own environment so they will be able to lay the foundations for h...
Oct. 13, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 187
Containers are all the rage among developers and web companies, but they also represent two very substantial benefits to larger organizations. First, they have the potential to dramatically accelerate the application lifecycle from software builds and testing to deployment and upgrades. Second they represent the first truly hybrid-approach to consuming infrastructure, allowing organizations to run the same workloads on any cloud, virtual machine or physical server. Together, they represent a ver...
Oct. 13, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 213
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on...
Oct. 13, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 163
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Oct. 13, 2015 08:00 AM EDT
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 13, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,010
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data ...
Oct. 13, 2015 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 198
In today's digital world, change is the one constant. Disruptive innovations like cloud, mobility, social media, and the Internet of Things have reshaped the market and set new standards in customer expectations. To remain competitive, businesses must tap the potential of emerging technologies and markets through the rapid release of new products and services. However, the rigid and siloed structures of traditional IT platforms and processes are slowing them down – resulting in lengthy delivery ...
Oct. 13, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,093
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 13, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 681
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, will show how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants will get the download information, scripts, and complete en...
Oct. 13, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 406