|By PR Newswire||
|April 3, 2014 01:00 PM EDT||
BURLINGTON, Mass., April 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group finds that the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services' (CMS) recent release on Medicare ACO results, which included specific measures, allows much more detailed analysis versus last summer's early Pioneer results. For businesses looking to partner with ACOs, such as pharmaceutical companies, the specificity allows insight into which ACOs may be successful—both in the long- and short-term. A new Executive Briefing—authored by a team of subject matter experts—discusses the known results, including a look at diabetes and cardiac measures, profiles of ACOs in the Boston and Orange County markets and key takeaways.
- Decision Resources Group's newest Executive Briefing, entitled "CMS Medicare ACOs: Mixed Results in Year One Mean Opportunity for Pharma," analyzes the CMS release in big picture terms and includes a detailed look at specific insights:
- Early ACO results were mixed, but not apocalyptic. These early peeks at performance could give pharma an "in."
- Winners were structurally different, proving that success can be achieved by IDNs, physicians and even by small, rural ACOs dependent on the Advanced Payment Model.
- Pioneer departures weren't dictated by results—it's clear that quality success doesn't guarantee cost savings or higher risk tolerance.
- Across all providers, Boston is a market to watch as healthcare reform unfolds.
- Granular scoring on diabetes and cardiac measures showcase the ACOs that are leading the pack early in population health management.
- The full Executive Briefing can be downloaded here.
- Laura Beerman, Director of Customer Segment Analysis for Decision Resources Group, said: "Now is an excellent time for pharma companies to think about 'adopting' an ACO. To be sure, full-on partnership isn't the right step for every company, especially if its therapeutic areas of concentration don't line up with conditions ACOs are likely to target. But with metric-specific results providing a glimpse into performance, some ACOs might be primed for a pitch on how they can improve—especially if they're hovering at or below the 30th percentile."
- John Bailey, Manager of Customer Segment Data for Decision Resources Group, adds: "The CMS Medicare ACO results offer clues about which ACOs need help meeting specific disease-state quality measures—as well as which structures are most conducive to ACO success. Thriving in the new value-based healthcare landscape will require strong leadership and innovation—and there is a clearly limited window to develop mutually beneficial partnerships in the evolving healthcare landscape. The key question for pharma is: What can your organization offer to an ACO that has maximized efficiencies in both cost and quality?"
- Follow Decision Resources Group's expert analysts as they Tweet on ACOs: #DRGKnowsACOs
- Links to further insights on ACOs, Exchanges and the broader implications of Healthcare Reform can be found here.
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Find out more at www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group
SYS-CON Events announced today TechTarget has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. TechTarget is the Web’s leading destination for serious technology buyers researching and making enterprise technology decisions. Its extensive global networ...
May. 24, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,963
May. 23, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,748
May. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,706
May. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,765
May. 23, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 340
May. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,593
May. 23, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 809
May. 23, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 735
May. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,795
May. 23, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,755
May. 23, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,646
May. 23, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 567
May. 23, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,677
May. 23, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,320
May. 23, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,037