|By Business Wire||
|April 3, 2014 04:33 PM EDT||
The European Medicines Agency is one of six recipients of the just announced 2013 SAFE-BioPharma DIGI Awards. EMA was selected for requiring use of digital signatures on certain regulatory submissions, as well as on all of its outgoing Internet correspondence.
The DIGI is presented annually to recognize the institutions and individuals contributing to broader use and understanding of the global SAFE-BioPharma® digital identity and digital signature standard, which is improving the efficiency and accuracy of life science business processes through more secure and private electronic transactions. Companies utilizing services and technologies supporting the SAFE-BioPharma standard are able to eliminate inefficient paper-based processes and replace multiple electronic identities with a single, secure digital identity, which can be used with all partners and is trusted by all U.S. government agencies. EMA and the FDA participated in developing the SAFE-BioPharma standard.
“The selected entities have made real advances in the use of the SAFE-BioPharma standard," said Mollie Shields-Uehling, president and CEO, SAFE-BioPharma Association.
Award recipients follow:
New advances in regulatory acceptance
- European Medicines Agency, which announced in 2013 that it requires use of EU-qualified digital signatures for certain submissions. This new policy is in line with EMA’s strategy for a “future electronic only workflow” between itself and the pharmaceutical industry by eliminating the need and cost associated with printing, sending and archiving paper documents. Digital signatures based on the SAFE-BioPharma standard meet all EU criteria. EMA also announced it “…will start to use digital signatures systematically in outgoing documents that currently require a legally binding signature.”
Innovative implementation of the SAFE-BioPharma standard
- Astellas Pharma, Inc. for its use of SAFE-BioPharma identity credentials for a variety of processes, including certifying documents associated with case processing in pharmacovigilance.
Innovative product compliance
- DocuSign, which created a comprehensive electronic and digital signature solution integrated with the global SAFE-BioPharma digital signature standard. The solution provides end-to-end paperless workflow capabilities that are easily customized to users’ needs. Healthcare and life science organizations can use the solution to become fully paperless, while complying with all regulatory and other compliance requirements.
- Arxspan, LLC, for integrating the SAFE-BioPharma standard into its cloud-based electronic laboratory notebook product, ArxLab, and using it successfully on behalf of a major U.S. pharmaceutical company to deploy and manage mobile-based digital identity credentials for scientists working in Chinese contract research organizations. The scientists there use the credentials to apply digital signatures to electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Cegedim Relationship Management, for its plans to issue SAFE-BioPharma identity credentials to healthcare professionals participating in Docnet, its secure online professionals' social network, allowing life science personnel to digitally engage in a variety of services, including co-pay assistance, surveys, pre-disclosure spend reporting and peer-to-peer networking. Docnet has 7 million+ healthcare professional profiles available and offers access on any device, allowing them to make connections and join private groups to share information in a secure setting anytime and anywhere.
- World Pharmaceutical Frontiers magazine, for featuring the SAFE-BioPharma standard in a series of feature articles, with titles including "The Birth of Cyber-Collaboration" and "Identity Trust in Cyberspace."
The global SAFE-BioPharma digital identity and digital signature standard is used throughout the biopharmaceutical and healthcare communities to meet specific security and confidentiality needs. It was created with participation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the European Medicines Agency. The standard and its ongoing development are managed by SAFE-BioPharma Association, a non-profit supported by its members. For more information visit http://www.safe-biopharma.org.
SAFE-BioPharma® is a trademark of SAFE-BioPharma Association. Any use of this trademark requires approval from SAFE-BioPharma Association.
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 30, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,579
Most companies are adopting or evaluating container technology - Docker in particular - to speed up application deployment, drive down cost, ease management and make application delivery more flexible overall. As with most new architectures, this dream takes a lot of work to become a reality. Even when you do get your application componentized enough and packaged properly, there are still challenges for DevOps teams to making the shift to continuous delivery and achieving that reduction in cost ...
Mar. 30, 2017 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 469
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Mar. 30, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,150
After more than five years of DevOps, definitions are evolving, boundaries are expanding, ‘unicorns’ are no longer rare, enterprises are on board, and pundits are moving on. Can we now look at an evolution of DevOps? Should we? Is the foundation of DevOps ‘done’, or is there still too much left to do? What is mature, and what is still missing? What does the next 5 years of DevOps look like? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by DevOps Summit Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists l...
Mar. 30, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 10,105
Virtualization over the past years has become a key strategy for IT to acquire multi-tenancy, increase utilization, develop elasticity and improve security. And virtual machines (VMs) are quickly becoming a main vehicle for developing and deploying applications. The introduction of containers seems to be bringing another and perhaps overlapped solution for achieving the same above-mentioned benefits. Are a container and a virtual machine fundamentally the same or different? And how? Is one techn...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,346
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,373
MongoDB Atlas leverages VPC peering for AWS, a service that allows multiple VPC networks to interact. This includes VPCs that belong to other AWS account holders. By performing cross account VPC peering, users ensure networks that host and communicate their data are secure. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jay Gordon, a Developer Advocate at MongoDB, will explain how to properly architect your VPC using existing AWS tools and then peer with your MongoDB Atlas cluster. He'll discuss the secur...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,013
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,279
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service.
Mar. 30, 2017 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,322
Niagara Networks exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Mar. 30, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,496
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Mar. 30, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,167
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 30, 2017 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,667
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 30, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,276
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
Mar. 30, 2017 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,371
In his session at Cloud Expo, Alan Winters, an entertainment executive/TV producer turned serial entrepreneur, will present a success story of an entrepreneur who has both suffered through and benefited from offshore development across multiple businesses: The smart choice, or how to select the right offshore development partner Warning signs, or how to minimize chances of making the wrong choice Collaboration, or how to establish the most effective work processes Budget control, or how to max...
Mar. 30, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 778