|By Business Wire||
|April 3, 2014 04:33 PM EDT||
The European Medicines Agency is one of six recipients of the just announced 2013 SAFE-BioPharma DIGI Awards. EMA was selected for requiring use of digital signatures on certain regulatory submissions, as well as on all of its outgoing Internet correspondence.
The DIGI is presented annually to recognize the institutions and individuals contributing to broader use and understanding of the global SAFE-BioPharma® digital identity and digital signature standard, which is improving the efficiency and accuracy of life science business processes through more secure and private electronic transactions. Companies utilizing services and technologies supporting the SAFE-BioPharma standard are able to eliminate inefficient paper-based processes and replace multiple electronic identities with a single, secure digital identity, which can be used with all partners and is trusted by all U.S. government agencies. EMA and the FDA participated in developing the SAFE-BioPharma standard.
“The selected entities have made real advances in the use of the SAFE-BioPharma standard," said Mollie Shields-Uehling, president and CEO, SAFE-BioPharma Association.
Award recipients follow:
New advances in regulatory acceptance
- European Medicines Agency, which announced in 2013 that it requires use of EU-qualified digital signatures for certain submissions. This new policy is in line with EMA’s strategy for a “future electronic only workflow” between itself and the pharmaceutical industry by eliminating the need and cost associated with printing, sending and archiving paper documents. Digital signatures based on the SAFE-BioPharma standard meet all EU criteria. EMA also announced it “…will start to use digital signatures systematically in outgoing documents that currently require a legally binding signature.”
Innovative implementation of the SAFE-BioPharma standard
- Astellas Pharma, Inc. for its use of SAFE-BioPharma identity credentials for a variety of processes, including certifying documents associated with case processing in pharmacovigilance.
Innovative product compliance
- DocuSign, which created a comprehensive electronic and digital signature solution integrated with the global SAFE-BioPharma digital signature standard. The solution provides end-to-end paperless workflow capabilities that are easily customized to users’ needs. Healthcare and life science organizations can use the solution to become fully paperless, while complying with all regulatory and other compliance requirements.
- Arxspan, LLC, for integrating the SAFE-BioPharma standard into its cloud-based electronic laboratory notebook product, ArxLab, and using it successfully on behalf of a major U.S. pharmaceutical company to deploy and manage mobile-based digital identity credentials for scientists working in Chinese contract research organizations. The scientists there use the credentials to apply digital signatures to electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Cegedim Relationship Management, for its plans to issue SAFE-BioPharma identity credentials to healthcare professionals participating in Docnet, its secure online professionals' social network, allowing life science personnel to digitally engage in a variety of services, including co-pay assistance, surveys, pre-disclosure spend reporting and peer-to-peer networking. Docnet has 7 million+ healthcare professional profiles available and offers access on any device, allowing them to make connections and join private groups to share information in a secure setting anytime and anywhere.
- World Pharmaceutical Frontiers magazine, for featuring the SAFE-BioPharma standard in a series of feature articles, with titles including "The Birth of Cyber-Collaboration" and "Identity Trust in Cyberspace."
The global SAFE-BioPharma digital identity and digital signature standard is used throughout the biopharmaceutical and healthcare communities to meet specific security and confidentiality needs. It was created with participation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the European Medicines Agency. The standard and its ongoing development are managed by SAFE-BioPharma Association, a non-profit supported by its members. For more information visit http://www.safe-biopharma.org.
SAFE-BioPharma® is a trademark of SAFE-BioPharma Association. Any use of this trademark requires approval from SAFE-BioPharma Association.
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:30 AM EST Reads: 7,030
We are always online. We access our data, our finances, work, and various services on the Internet. But we live in a congested world of information in which the roads were built two decades ago. The quest for better, faster Internet routing has been around for a decade, but nobody solved this problem. We’ve seen band-aid approaches like CDNs that attack a niche's slice of static content part of the Internet, but that’s it. It does not address the dynamic services-based Internet of today. It does...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:30 AM EST Reads: 959
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 AM EST Reads: 1,250
Dec. 5, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 973
Dec. 5, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,790
Dec. 5, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,591
Dec. 5, 2016 06:30 AM EST Reads: 692
Dec. 5, 2016 06:15 AM EST Reads: 859
Dec. 5, 2016 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,678
Dec. 5, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 5,214
Dec. 5, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,614
Dec. 5, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,406
Dec. 5, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,115
Dec. 5, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 4,701
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 03:30 AM EST Reads: 652