|By PR Newswire||
|April 3, 2014 04:42 PM EDT||
VAN BUREN TOWNSHIP, Mich., April 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Visteon Corporation (NYSE: VC) will be strongly represented by its two core business units during activities associated with the SAE 2014 World Congress in Detroit from April 7-10. Experts from Visteon's Electronics business and Halla Visteon Climate Control Corp. (HVCC) will lead professional development seminars, participate on industry panels and present technical papers.
In conjunction with the SAE 2014 World Congress at Cobo Center, the Detroit Marriott Renaissance Center will host professional development seminars, two of which will be taught by technical fellows with Visteon's Electronics business. Michael Tschirhart, Ph.D., will educate participants about "Vehicle User Experience: Human Factors Principles and Techniques for Design, Research and Development," while John Kosinski will train professionals on "Developing In-Vehicle User Interfaces: Design Principles and Techniques." For more insight into Kosinski's session, read his blog at http://blog.visteon.com.
The SAE World Congress program includes Chat with the Expert panels. Visteon Six Sigma Master Black Belt Balaji Bharadwaj will offer recommendations during the panel titled, "Transactional Six Sigma Techniques for Developing High-Performance Teams in the Automotive Industry." Tschirhart is also participating in a panel discussion titled: "Human Factors of Connected Vehicles (plus are connected cars necessary for self-driving cars to succeed?)."
Along with Kathleen Ku, Tschirhart will present two Safety/Testing papers focused on topics related to human-machine interaction (HMI). One paper outlines the influence of font type on displays in an automotive environment, while the second reveals research findings related to driver perceptions about varying image depth and dimensions in instrument clusters.
HVCC will present papers in the Emissions/Environment/Sustainability sessions, including a joint paper with Hyundai that discusses the combined condensing air-conditioning system. Another technical paper will outline ways to determine vehicle dual air conditioning system charge level.
Visteon has four papers in the Electronics technical sessions – covering an array of topics including sample rate conversions, approaches to reduce development time, algorithms for signal processing, and an analysis of connected vehicle software.
Below in chronological order are the scheduled presentations by Visteon's Electronics business and Halla Visteon Climate Control at the SAE 2014 World Congress.
Monday, April 7
- "Developing In-Vehicle User Interfaces: Design Principles and Techniques," (seminar), John Kosinski, II, technical fellow, Visteon – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., I.D. #C1341, Detroit Marriott Renaissance Center.
Tuesday, April 8
- "Vehicle User Experience: Human Factors Principles and Techniques for Design, Research and Development," (seminar), Michael Tschirhart, Ph.D., human factors technical fellow, Visteon – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., I.D. #C1340, Detroit Marriott Renaissance Center.
- "Sample-Rate Conversion for Non-Clocked Audio Sources," Bill Whikehart, technical fellow, Visteon – 9:30 a.m., Room 332.
- "Technical Approach in Reducing GUI Development Cycle Time for Adopting the Connectivity Solutions in Automotive Infotainment Systems," Kasiraja Thangapandian, senior technical lead; Kumaran Bharatheedasan, technical business manager; and Binoy Melatt Vythakkatt, software engineer, Visteon – 9:50 a.m., Room 332.
- "Combined Condensing Air-Conditioning System," Jae Yeon Kim, Hyundai Motor Co.; Yong Nam Ahn, Halla Visteon Climate Control; Shim Rok, Su Whan Kim, Wan Je Cho , Hyundai Motors; and Jy Choi, Hyun Keun Shin, Sang Ok Lee, Halla Visteon Climate Control – 9:50 a.m., Room 110 A/B.
- "Multi-Notch Filter (MNF) Algorithm for Automotive Radio-Frequency (RF) Signal Processing and Applications," Yao Kuo, technical fellow, Visteon – 10:50 a.m., Room 332.
Wednesday, April 9
- "Ways to Determine Vehicle Dual Air Conditioning System Charge Level," Yinhua Zheng, refrigerant systems engineer, Halla Visteon Climate Control – 8:20 a.m., Room 110 A/B.
- "Chat with the Experts: Transactional Six Sigma Techniques for Developing High-Performance Teams in the Automotive Industry," Balaji Bharadwaj, Ph.D., Master Black Belt, Visteon – 4 p.m., Room 330 A/B.
Thursday, April 10
- "The Influence of Font Type on Task Performance in a Static and Driving Simulation Environment," Michael Tschirhart, Ph.D., human factors technical fellow; and Kathleen Ku, human factors specialist, Visteon – 8 a.m., Room 116 B.
- "Panel discussion: Human Factors of Connected Vehicles (plus are connected cars necessary for self-driving cars to succeed?)," panelist Michael Tschirhart, Ph.D., human factors technical fellow, Visteon – 9:40 a.m., Room 116 B.
- "Analysis of Software Update in Connected Vehicles," Robert Cadena, technical fellow, and Husein Dakroub, electrical design engineer, Visteon – 11 a.m., Room 338.
- "A Comparison of Three Different Approaches to Image Depth in Driver Information Clusters: 2-D Computer Graphics, 3-D Computer Graphics and 3-D Imaging," Michael Tschirhart, Ph.D., human factors technical fellow, and Kathleen Ku, human factors specialist, Visteon – 1 p.m., Room 116 B.
Visteon is a leading global automotive supplier delivering value for vehicle manufacturers and shareholders through businesses including Halla Visteon Climate Control Corp., Visteon Electronics and Visteon Interiors. Visteon designs, engineers and manufactures innovative components and systems for virtually every vehicle manufacturer worldwide. With corporate offices in Van Buren Township, Mich. (U.S.); Shanghai, China; and Chelmsford, UK; Visteon has facilities in 29 countries and employs about 24,000 people. Visteon had sales of $7.4 billion in 2013. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
SOURCE Visteon Corporation
Dec. 4, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 839
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 AM EST Reads: 3,779
Dec. 4, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,779
Dec. 3, 2016 11:00 PM EST Reads: 4,141
Dec. 3, 2016 11:00 PM EST Reads: 952
Dec. 3, 2016 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,601
Dec. 3, 2016 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,767
Dec. 3, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 3,956
Dec. 3, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,746
Dec. 3, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,515
Dec. 3, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 4,047
Dec. 3, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 2,139
Dec. 3, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 2,004
Dec. 3, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,477
Dec. 3, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 4,864