|By Marketwired .||
|April 4, 2014 02:20 PM EDT||
TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/04/14 --
All amounts expressed in US dollars unless otherwise indicated.
Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE:ABX)(TSX:ABX) (Barrick or the "company") today announced it has completed the divestiture of its minority interest in the Marigold mine ("Marigold") in Nevada to Silver Standard Resources Inc. ("Silver Standard") for total cash consideration of $86 million, subject to certain closing adjustments.
Barrick had previously held a 33.3% interest in Marigold, with the remaining 66.7% interest owned by the operator, Goldcorp Inc. ("Goldcorp"). Barrick's share of proven and probable reserves at December 31, 2013 was 1.4 million ounces(1), and its share of measured and indicated resources and inferred resources was 0.2 million ounces(1) and 0.1 million ounces(1), respectively.
The transaction is a result of a single, coordinated divestiture process jointly executed with Goldcorp. Proceeds to Barrick have been adjusted to reflect Goldcorp's position as manager and majority owner of the joint venture.
The divestiture of Barrick's minority interest in Marigold is part of Barrick's ongoing portfolio optimization process to maximize free cash flow in line with the company's disciplined capital allocation framework.
As part of its portfolio optimization program, since mid-2013 Barrick has announced divestitures of high cost and non-core assets for total consideration of over $1 billion, strengthening the overall quality of the company's portfolio.
RBC Capital Markets is acting as financial advisor to Barrick with respect to the transaction.
(1) For a breakdown of reserves and resources by category and additional information relating to reserves and resources, see pages 27-37 of Barrick's Form 40-F.
Jul. 23, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,871
Jul. 23, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,235
Jul. 23, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 560
Jul. 23, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 591
Jul. 23, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,562
Jul. 23, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,324
Jul. 23, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,698
Jul. 23, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,141
Jul. 23, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,778
Jul. 23, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,473
Jul. 23, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,914
Jul. 23, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,385
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jul. 23, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,332
Most organizations prioritize data security only after their data has already been compromised. Proactive prevention is important, but how can you accomplish that on a small budget? Learn how the cloud, combined with a defense and in-depth approach, creates efficiencies by transferring and assigning risk. Security requires a multi-defense approach, and an in-house team may only be able to cherry pick from the essential components. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Vlad Friedman, CEO/Founder o...
Jul. 23, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,755
Organizations planning enterprise data center consolidation and modernization projects are faced with a challenging, costly reality. Requirements to deploy modern, cloud-native applications simultaneously with traditional client/server applications are almost impossible to achieve with hardware-centric enterprise infrastructure. Compute and network infrastructure are fast moving down a software-defined path, but storage has been a laggard. Until now.
Jul. 23, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,576