|By PR Newswire||
|April 4, 2014 02:36 PM EDT||
- Winners Will Be Honored at Gala Event by the U.N. Correspondents Association and the U.N. Secretary-General on Tuesday, December 16th 2014 at Cipriani 42nd Street, New York.
NEW YORK, April 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The United Nations Correspondents Association (UNCA) invites media worldwide to submit entries for its 19th Annual UNCA Awards for the best print, broadcast (TV & Radio) and online, web-based media coverage of the United Nations, U.N. agencies and field operations.
The prizes amount to over $50,000 to be distributed among the prize categories and winners.
U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will present the prizes at the Awards event on Tuesday, December 16th, 2014.
Deadline for submissions is September 15, 2014
The awards are open to all journalists anywhere in the world. The Awards are:
1. The Elizabeth Neuffer Memorial Prize, sponsored by the Alexander Bodini Foundation, for written media (including online media). The prize is for print and online coverage of the U.N. and U.N. agencies, named in honor of Elizabeth Neuffer, The Boston Globe bureau chief at the U.N., who died while on an assignment in Baghdad in 2003.
2. The Ricardo Ortega Memorial Prize for broadcast (TV & Radio) media. The prize is for broadcast coverage of the U.N. and U.N. agencies, named in honor of Ricardo Ortega, formerly the New York correspondent for Antena 3 TV of Spain, who died while on an assignment in Haiti in 2004.
3. The Prince Albert II of Monaco and UNCA Global Prize for coverage of Climate Change. The prize is for print (including online media) and broadcast media (TV & Radio) for coverage of sustainable and equitable management of natural resources and the implementation of innovative and ethical solutions in three main categories: climate change, biodiversity, and water.
4. The United Nations Foundation Prize. The prize is for print (including online media) and broadcast media (TV & Radio) for coverage of humanitarian and development aspects of the U.N. and U.N. agencies.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
Coverage of the U.N. and U.N. agencies is specified in each category; the Committee welcomes coverage of all issues particularly on Millennium Developments Goals, peacekeeping operations, and nonproliferation, including the elimination of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons.
Work in print, broadcast (TV & Radio), and online coverage must be published between September 2013 and August 2014, and be related to the U.N. and U.N. agencies.
The judges will look for entries with impact, insight and originality, and will take into account the courage and investigative and reporting skills of the journalists. Entries from the developing world media are particularly welcome.
Entries can be submitted in any of the official U.N. languages (English, French, Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, and Russian).
For broadcast entries, hardcopies should be in DVD (preferably NTSC format), however electronic files and web links uploaded to the online Entry Form are preferred. A written transcript in English or French will facilitate the judging process.
For print media, each entry should have a maximum of four (4) of the articles for submission. Electronic files and web links uploaded to the online Entry Form are preferred.
Multiple or joint entries in different categories are accepted.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY:
Entries are submitted online by completing the UNCA Awards Entry Form.
You will complete your personal information and upload your photo, and then choose to:
- Submit your work electronically by including web links and/or uploading all files directly to the Entry Form
- Submit your work by postal mail to the address indicated on the form
** Electronic entries are preferred to expedite the judging process **
Your entry must be received online or postmarked by September 15, 2014
Questions regarding UNCA Awards & entries please contact:
The UNCA Office, +1-212-963-7137.
Or send an email to [email protected]
CLICK ON THE ENTRY FORM BELOW TO GET STARTED:
UNCA Awards Committee: Pamela S. Falk (UNCA President), Giampaolo Pioli (UNCA Awards Chairman), J.Tuyet Nguyen (Awards Selection Chairman), Bouchra Benyoussef (UNCA Treasurer). Kahraman Haliscelik, Sylviane Zehil, Seana Magee, Valeria Robecco.
Sep. 27, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,124
Sep. 27, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,901
Sep. 27, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,010
Sep. 27, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,356
Sep. 27, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,679
Sep. 27, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,555
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 986
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,752
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,932
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,796
Sep. 27, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,720
Sep. 27, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,037
Sep. 27, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,598
Sep. 27, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,726
Sep. 27, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,730