|By Marketwired .||
|April 6, 2014 11:00 PM EDT||
SEATTLE, WA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/06/14 -- Intego, the leading provider of security products built exclusively for Mac users, today introduced its latest product line in Mac security and protection, VirusBarrier X8 and NetBarrier X8.
Offering a streamlined user experience, Intego's flagship applications have been updated to provide even stronger protection against the dangers of the Internet. For over 17 years Intego has made it its mission to protect Apple products, which means all its software is Apple-native and has been designed for Mac OS X specifically.
Intego's VirusBarrier X8 was recently rated #1 with a 99% detection rate by independent testing lab 'The Safe Mac'.
Alongside an all-new user interface, VirusBarrier X8 has a new low-priority scanning mode for enhanced performance while NetBarrier X8 has enhanced rule functionality for easier configuration and new firewall/application monitoring options.
Customers can choose from a range of bundles:
- Mac Internet Security X8 - VirusBarrier X8 and NetBarrier X8 -- worry-free protection against Mac / Windows malware and suspicious strangers / applications looking to access your Mac
- Mac Premium Bundle X8 - VirusBarrier X8, NetBarrier X8, Family Protector, Mac Washing Machine and Personal Backup -- protect against malware and intrusions, optimize your Mac's performance, backup your files and create a safe surfing environment for your family and children
- Mac Washing Machine Secure X8 - VirusBarrier X8, NetBarrier X8 and Mac Washing Machine X8 -- easily clean and protect your Mac with the perfect combination of anti-virus, network security and Mac cleaning utilities
- Family Protector Secure X8 - VirusBarrier X8, NetBarrier X8, and Family Protector -- customizable parental controls combined with the latest security technology to help keep your family's digital world safe, secure, and appropriate
"We designed our X8 product line to be incredibly effective, straightforward and unobtrusive -- exactly how our customers expect their Macs to operate," said Jeff Erwin, CEO of Intego.
Pricing & Availability
Intego's X8 bundles are available for purchase at www.intego.com now. Its applications are available in English, French, German, Spanish and Japanese.
Current users of Intego's Mac Internet Security can easily upgrade to the X8 product line for free by visiting www.intego.com.
For new customers, the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) is $49.99 USD for Mac Internet Security, $89.99 USD for Mac Premium Bundle, $64.99 USD for Mac Washing Machine Secure X8 and $79.99 USD for Family Protector Secure X8. Local regional pricing (GBP, EUR, JPY) is available in more depth at www.intego.com.
Customers can also get limited Free Trials of each product at http://www.intego.com/Intego-free-trial
- Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
- Mac computer with Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
- Internet connection for NetUpdate security updates
Intego: The Experts in Mac Security and Performance
Intego offers an award-winning line of products providing Mac security and enhancing Mac performance. Intego has been designing software to protect and optimize Apple products for 17 years. No other company has been focused on Mac security and performance as long as Intego -- as evidenced by the dozens of awards its products have received.
Intego creates products for a full range of Mac and iOS devices, such as iPhones and iPads. Its depth of experience allows the company to create software that not only works well, but is elegant and intuitive. Much like a Mac.
For more information on Intego, visit www.intego.com.
+44 207 702 6066
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,802
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT
Aug. 26, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,205
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,904
Aug. 26, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,021
Aug. 26, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,405
Aug. 26, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,947
Aug. 26, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,664
Aug. 26, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,015
Aug. 26, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,954
Aug. 26, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,263
Aug. 26, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,902
Aug. 25, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,287
Aug. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,876
Aug. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,718