|By Business Wire||
|April 7, 2014 03:00 AM EDT||
American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS), the leading manufacturer and designer of open platform, operator interface panels and PC-based HMI systems announces their design for manufacturability services for product design, development and production services utilizing the new Atom™ processor E3845 (10 W Max TDP, 2M Cache, 1.91 GHz) from Intel. The 4th generation Intel® Atom™ processor, Bay Trail, provides high I/O connectivity, integrated memory controller, error correcting code (ECC), virtualization, and built-in security capabilities within a 10W thermal design power (TDP). The new E3845 system-on-chip (SoC) processor from Intel is designed for applications including highly efficient and dedicated image signal processing with secure content delivery, visually appealing HMI thin clients and mobile HMI devices. Other target scenarios will likely include in-vehicle HMI systems and industrial control and monitoring systems, such as AIS open, PC-based HMI systems.
HMI Operator Panels Powered by Intel Atom Processor, Bay Trail, and Windows Embedded 8 for IoT and M2M Communication (Photo: Business Wire)
AIS Open Embedded Computing Platforms Based On Intel® Atom™ Processor Provide Next Generation HMI Solutions for OEMs/ODMs and End-Users
Industry 4.0 technologies like the Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications via wireless network or over the internet will drive new business opportunities for open based platforms from the enterprise to the plant floor. OEMs, ODMs and end-users will develop new machinery equipped with innovative AIS HMI PC-based control and monitoring solutions to capitalize on these opportunities to improve efficiencies and profits.
AIS offers an integrated suite of turnkey engineering and product management services completely in-house to facilitate these objectives. OEMs and ODMs can now turn to AIS to help them develop, design and manufacture new visualization and control and monitoring solutions for their next generation machinery and equipment. AIS comprehensive design for manufacturability capabilities include: electrical, software, mechanical, systems, video and vision, environmental and functional safety design.
AIS Operator Interface Panels and Intelligent HMI Systems Utilizing Intel® Atom™ Processor E3845 (Bay Trail) Features and Benefits
The 4th Generation Intel® Atom™ Processor, Bay Trail, is ideal for intelligent HMI systems—context-aware, securely managed embedded devices that connect seamlessly to networks, clouds and each other. Key features and benefits include:
- Extended Life Cycle Product Support: Protects intelligent HMI system investment by enabling extended product availability for OEM/ODM customers.
- System-on-chip (SoC): Single die on a single package delivers the high levels of integrated functionality needed for intelligent HMI system designs. One-chip solution helps save on bill of materials (BOM) cost and allows for smaller form factor over previous two-chip offerings.
- Advancements in Visual Processing Capabilities: Enables faster media conversions, stereoscopic 3D, immersive web browsing, enhanced HD video transcoding with Gen 7 graphics, and highly efficient image processing.
- Outstanding Integration of I/O Interfaces: Supports display interfaces with graphics processing, audio with digital signal processing, multiple storage types, and legacy embedded I/O. Provides interface expansion capabilities through industry-standard high-bandwidth interfaces such as PCI Express Gen 2.0, and Hi-speed USB 3.0 connectivity.
- Integrated, Highly Efficient and Dedicated Image Signal Processing: Saves time-to-market and helps reduce BOM cost by reducing and/or eliminating the need to develop custom ASICs/FPGAs to perform imaging functions. Applicable usages include HMI thin clients and mobile HMI panels.
- Graphics Turbo Capability: Delivers graphical performance throughput for demanding applications such as complex supervisory control (SCADA) and industrial visualization.
- Intel® AES-NI3 and Secure Boot: Hardware-assisted capabilities help secure endpoints, protect content and allow only chosen HMI software to run on the device.
- Very Low Standby Power: Enables very low power consumption for embedded solutions that spend significant time in sleep states, such as HMI thin clients and operator interface terminals.
- Integrated 64-bit Memory Controller: Features either one or two channels of up to 8 GB DDR3L system memory and optional ECC memory.
- Error Correcting Code (ECC): Detects multiple-bit memory errors and locates/corrects single-bit errors to keep an HMI system up and running without requiring system reset. Helps to enhance performance, uptime and autonomous operation.
- Intel® Virtualization Technology: Hardware-based Intel® Virtualization Technology provides near-native performance of virtualized workloads for greater reliability, security, investment protection, and flexible resource management.
- Operating Systems: Supports Microsoft Windows Embedded 8, Windows Embedded Standard 7, Embedded Compact 7, Linux, Android or Wind River VxWorks.
AIS Design for Manufacturability Services Help OEMs and ODMs Produce New Equipment Solutions to Achieve OEE and Lowest TCO
AIS DMS allow OEMs, ODMs and end-users to develop new products faster, more efficiently and at the lowest possible development and manufacturing costs. Adhering to a four-stage process for in-house development, AIS has time proven methods and techniques that has helped create the most advanced, lowest cost control and monitoring solutions available with high reliability and availability. The design cycle is a model intended to be the central tool to help AIS create and evaluate products/solutions. The AIS design cycle consists of four major stages as they relate to the objectives of new product development, design and manufacturing. The four stages include:
1) Inquire & Analyze Stage: AIS identifies and analyzes the problems to be solved and objectives of the overall project and then summarizes findings with action plans.
2) Ideation Stage: In this creative process stage, product design ideas and concepts are generated. Once the appropriate design concept and strategy is selected, AIS plans the entire design through execution phase of product development.
3) Creation Stage: Demonstrating their technical skills, AIS uses state-of-the-art equipment, tools and techniques to produce the new solution and make any necessary design changes.
4) Assess Stage: AIS evaluates the final product/solution and testing methods. If necessary revisions or upgrades for further refinement are made then proceed to final production.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, USA, American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS) offers in-house electronic and mechanical design, software development, manufacturing, production and quality control services. Offering one of the widest ranges of industrial computing solutions, AIS solutions are available in a multitude of configurations for industrial, oil & gas, military and marine applications.
The company is fully committed to empowering, improving and delivering turnkey HMI, monitoring and display solutions for OEM, ODM and end-user customers. AIS is an ISO 9001:2008 certified supplier and manufacturer of rugged computers and displays, and received completion of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) registration from the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC). For more information, visit: www.aispro.com, email: [email protected] or contact: 1-888-485-6688.
Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing and analyzing streaming data is the Lambda Architecture, represent...
Mar. 27, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 6,290
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 27, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,182
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Mar. 27, 2017 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,575
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
Mar. 27, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 12,915
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle.
Mar. 27, 2017 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,999
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Mar. 27, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,411
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 27, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,960
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 27, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,953
Deep learning has been very successful in social sciences and specially areas where there is a lot of data. Trading is another field that can be viewed as social science with a lot of data. With the advent of Deep Learning and Big Data technologies for efficient computation, we are finally able to use the same methods in investment management as we would in face recognition or in making chat-bots. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Gaurav Chakravorty, co-founder and Head of Strategy Development ...
Mar. 27, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,681
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Mar. 27, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,029
Some people worry that OpenStack is more flash then substance; however, for many customers this could not be farther from the truth. No other technology equalizes the playing field between vendors while giving your internal teams better access than ever to infrastructure when they need it. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will talk through some real-world OpenStack deployments and look into the ways this can benefit customers of all sizes....
Mar. 27, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,331
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 27, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,067
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,214
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 748
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,485