|By Business Wire||
|April 7, 2014 03:00 AM EDT||
American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS), the leading manufacturer and designer of open platform, operator interface panels and PC-based HMI systems announces their design for manufacturability services for product design, development and production services utilizing the new Atom™ processor E3845 (10 W Max TDP, 2M Cache, 1.91 GHz) from Intel. The 4th generation Intel® Atom™ processor, Bay Trail, provides high I/O connectivity, integrated memory controller, error correcting code (ECC), virtualization, and built-in security capabilities within a 10W thermal design power (TDP). The new E3845 system-on-chip (SoC) processor from Intel is designed for applications including highly efficient and dedicated image signal processing with secure content delivery, visually appealing HMI thin clients and mobile HMI devices. Other target scenarios will likely include in-vehicle HMI systems and industrial control and monitoring systems, such as AIS open, PC-based HMI systems.
HMI Operator Panels Powered by Intel Atom Processor, Bay Trail, and Windows Embedded 8 for IoT and M2M Communication (Photo: Business Wire)
AIS Open Embedded Computing Platforms Based On Intel® Atom™ Processor Provide Next Generation HMI Solutions for OEMs/ODMs and End-Users
Industry 4.0 technologies like the Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications via wireless network or over the internet will drive new business opportunities for open based platforms from the enterprise to the plant floor. OEMs, ODMs and end-users will develop new machinery equipped with innovative AIS HMI PC-based control and monitoring solutions to capitalize on these opportunities to improve efficiencies and profits.
AIS offers an integrated suite of turnkey engineering and product management services completely in-house to facilitate these objectives. OEMs and ODMs can now turn to AIS to help them develop, design and manufacture new visualization and control and monitoring solutions for their next generation machinery and equipment. AIS comprehensive design for manufacturability capabilities include: electrical, software, mechanical, systems, video and vision, environmental and functional safety design.
AIS Operator Interface Panels and Intelligent HMI Systems Utilizing Intel® Atom™ Processor E3845 (Bay Trail) Features and Benefits
The 4th Generation Intel® Atom™ Processor, Bay Trail, is ideal for intelligent HMI systems—context-aware, securely managed embedded devices that connect seamlessly to networks, clouds and each other. Key features and benefits include:
- Extended Life Cycle Product Support: Protects intelligent HMI system investment by enabling extended product availability for OEM/ODM customers.
- System-on-chip (SoC): Single die on a single package delivers the high levels of integrated functionality needed for intelligent HMI system designs. One-chip solution helps save on bill of materials (BOM) cost and allows for smaller form factor over previous two-chip offerings.
- Advancements in Visual Processing Capabilities: Enables faster media conversions, stereoscopic 3D, immersive web browsing, enhanced HD video transcoding with Gen 7 graphics, and highly efficient image processing.
- Outstanding Integration of I/O Interfaces: Supports display interfaces with graphics processing, audio with digital signal processing, multiple storage types, and legacy embedded I/O. Provides interface expansion capabilities through industry-standard high-bandwidth interfaces such as PCI Express Gen 2.0, and Hi-speed USB 3.0 connectivity.
- Integrated, Highly Efficient and Dedicated Image Signal Processing: Saves time-to-market and helps reduce BOM cost by reducing and/or eliminating the need to develop custom ASICs/FPGAs to perform imaging functions. Applicable usages include HMI thin clients and mobile HMI panels.
- Graphics Turbo Capability: Delivers graphical performance throughput for demanding applications such as complex supervisory control (SCADA) and industrial visualization.
- Intel® AES-NI3 and Secure Boot: Hardware-assisted capabilities help secure endpoints, protect content and allow only chosen HMI software to run on the device.
- Very Low Standby Power: Enables very low power consumption for embedded solutions that spend significant time in sleep states, such as HMI thin clients and operator interface terminals.
- Integrated 64-bit Memory Controller: Features either one or two channels of up to 8 GB DDR3L system memory and optional ECC memory.
- Error Correcting Code (ECC): Detects multiple-bit memory errors and locates/corrects single-bit errors to keep an HMI system up and running without requiring system reset. Helps to enhance performance, uptime and autonomous operation.
- Intel® Virtualization Technology: Hardware-based Intel® Virtualization Technology provides near-native performance of virtualized workloads for greater reliability, security, investment protection, and flexible resource management.
- Operating Systems: Supports Microsoft Windows Embedded 8, Windows Embedded Standard 7, Embedded Compact 7, Linux, Android or Wind River VxWorks.
AIS Design for Manufacturability Services Help OEMs and ODMs Produce New Equipment Solutions to Achieve OEE and Lowest TCO
AIS DMS allow OEMs, ODMs and end-users to develop new products faster, more efficiently and at the lowest possible development and manufacturing costs. Adhering to a four-stage process for in-house development, AIS has time proven methods and techniques that has helped create the most advanced, lowest cost control and monitoring solutions available with high reliability and availability. The design cycle is a model intended to be the central tool to help AIS create and evaluate products/solutions. The AIS design cycle consists of four major stages as they relate to the objectives of new product development, design and manufacturing. The four stages include:
1) Inquire & Analyze Stage: AIS identifies and analyzes the problems to be solved and objectives of the overall project and then summarizes findings with action plans.
2) Ideation Stage: In this creative process stage, product design ideas and concepts are generated. Once the appropriate design concept and strategy is selected, AIS plans the entire design through execution phase of product development.
3) Creation Stage: Demonstrating their technical skills, AIS uses state-of-the-art equipment, tools and techniques to produce the new solution and make any necessary design changes.
4) Assess Stage: AIS evaluates the final product/solution and testing methods. If necessary revisions or upgrades for further refinement are made then proceed to final production.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, USA, American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS) offers in-house electronic and mechanical design, software development, manufacturing, production and quality control services. Offering one of the widest ranges of industrial computing solutions, AIS solutions are available in a multitude of configurations for industrial, oil & gas, military and marine applications.
The company is fully committed to empowering, improving and delivering turnkey HMI, monitoring and display solutions for OEM, ODM and end-user customers. AIS is an ISO 9001:2008 certified supplier and manufacturer of rugged computers and displays, and received completion of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) registration from the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC). For more information, visit: www.aispro.com, email: [email protected] or contact: 1-888-485-6688.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and ...
May. 31, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,002
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
May. 31, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,896
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
May. 31, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,793
18th Cloud Expo, taking place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some...
May. 31, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,331
We’ve been doing it for years, decades for some. How many websites have you created accounts on? Your bank, your credit card companies, social media sites, hotels and travel sites, online shopping sites, and that’s just the start. We do it often without even thinking about it, quickly entering our personal information, our data, in a plethora of systems. Sometimes we’re not even aware of the information we are providing. It could be very personal information (think of the security questions you ...
May. 31, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,142
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City, and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world.
May. 31, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,237
The cloud era has reached the stage where it is no longer a question of whether a company should migrate, but when. Enterprises have embraced the outsourcing of where their various applications are stored and who manages them, saving significant investment along the way. Plus, the cloud has become a defining competitive edge. Companies that fail to successfully adapt risk failure. The media, of course, continues to extol the virtues of the cloud, including how easy it is to get there. Migrating...
May. 31, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 891
In today's enterprise, digital transformation represents organizational change even more so than technology change, as customer preferences and behavior drive end-to-end transformation across lines of business as well as IT. To capitalize on the ubiquitous disruption driving this transformation, companies must be able to innovate at an increasingly rapid pace. Traditional approaches for driving innovation are now woefully inadequate for keeping up with the breadth of disruption and change facin...
May. 31, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,783
As machines are increasingly connected to the internet, it’s becoming easier to discover the numerous ways Industrial IoT (IIoT) is helping to shape the business world. This is exactly why we have decided to take a closer look at this pervasive movement and to examine the desire to connect more things! Now if you need a refresher on IIoT and how it is changing the world, take a moment and listen to Greg Gorbach with ARC Advisory Group. Gorbach believes, "IIoT will significantly change the worl...
May. 31, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,148
"What we see what happens when you have a completely networked society and the potential to now drive the value creation and the collaboration and the ecosystems that are possible when you start to be able to connect people and industries together in ways that have never been possible before," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP of Marketing Enterprise & Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 31, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,901
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, will discuss the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to fo...
May. 31, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,660
How will your company move to the cloud while ensuring a solid security posture? Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is ...
May. 31, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 974
SYS-CON Events announced today that AppNeta, the leader in performance insight for business-critical web applications, will exhibit and present at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AppNeta is the only application performance monitoring (APM) company to provide solutions for all applications – applications you develop internally, business-critical SaaS applications you use and the networks that deli...
May. 31, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,730
SYS-CON Events announced today that Zerto will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform™, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clou...
May. 31, 2016 03:50 PM EDT Reads: 307
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
May. 31, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,180