|By Business Wire||
|April 7, 2014 03:00 AM EDT||
American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS), the leading manufacturer and designer of open platform, operator interface panels and PC-based HMI systems announces their design for manufacturability services for product design, development and production services utilizing the new Atom™ processor E3845 (10 W Max TDP, 2M Cache, 1.91 GHz) from Intel. The 4th generation Intel® Atom™ processor, Bay Trail, provides high I/O connectivity, integrated memory controller, error correcting code (ECC), virtualization, and built-in security capabilities within a 10W thermal design power (TDP). The new E3845 system-on-chip (SoC) processor from Intel is designed for applications including highly efficient and dedicated image signal processing with secure content delivery, visually appealing HMI thin clients and mobile HMI devices. Other target scenarios will likely include in-vehicle HMI systems and industrial control and monitoring systems, such as AIS open, PC-based HMI systems.
HMI Operator Panels Powered by Intel Atom Processor, Bay Trail, and Windows Embedded 8 for IoT and M2M Communication (Photo: Business Wire)
AIS Open Embedded Computing Platforms Based On Intel® Atom™ Processor Provide Next Generation HMI Solutions for OEMs/ODMs and End-Users
Industry 4.0 technologies like the Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications via wireless network or over the internet will drive new business opportunities for open based platforms from the enterprise to the plant floor. OEMs, ODMs and end-users will develop new machinery equipped with innovative AIS HMI PC-based control and monitoring solutions to capitalize on these opportunities to improve efficiencies and profits.
AIS offers an integrated suite of turnkey engineering and product management services completely in-house to facilitate these objectives. OEMs and ODMs can now turn to AIS to help them develop, design and manufacture new visualization and control and monitoring solutions for their next generation machinery and equipment. AIS comprehensive design for manufacturability capabilities include: electrical, software, mechanical, systems, video and vision, environmental and functional safety design.
AIS Operator Interface Panels and Intelligent HMI Systems Utilizing Intel® Atom™ Processor E3845 (Bay Trail) Features and Benefits
The 4th Generation Intel® Atom™ Processor, Bay Trail, is ideal for intelligent HMI systems—context-aware, securely managed embedded devices that connect seamlessly to networks, clouds and each other. Key features and benefits include:
- Extended Life Cycle Product Support: Protects intelligent HMI system investment by enabling extended product availability for OEM/ODM customers.
- System-on-chip (SoC): Single die on a single package delivers the high levels of integrated functionality needed for intelligent HMI system designs. One-chip solution helps save on bill of materials (BOM) cost and allows for smaller form factor over previous two-chip offerings.
- Advancements in Visual Processing Capabilities: Enables faster media conversions, stereoscopic 3D, immersive web browsing, enhanced HD video transcoding with Gen 7 graphics, and highly efficient image processing.
- Outstanding Integration of I/O Interfaces: Supports display interfaces with graphics processing, audio with digital signal processing, multiple storage types, and legacy embedded I/O. Provides interface expansion capabilities through industry-standard high-bandwidth interfaces such as PCI Express Gen 2.0, and Hi-speed USB 3.0 connectivity.
- Integrated, Highly Efficient and Dedicated Image Signal Processing: Saves time-to-market and helps reduce BOM cost by reducing and/or eliminating the need to develop custom ASICs/FPGAs to perform imaging functions. Applicable usages include HMI thin clients and mobile HMI panels.
- Graphics Turbo Capability: Delivers graphical performance throughput for demanding applications such as complex supervisory control (SCADA) and industrial visualization.
- Intel® AES-NI3 and Secure Boot: Hardware-assisted capabilities help secure endpoints, protect content and allow only chosen HMI software to run on the device.
- Very Low Standby Power: Enables very low power consumption for embedded solutions that spend significant time in sleep states, such as HMI thin clients and operator interface terminals.
- Integrated 64-bit Memory Controller: Features either one or two channels of up to 8 GB DDR3L system memory and optional ECC memory.
- Error Correcting Code (ECC): Detects multiple-bit memory errors and locates/corrects single-bit errors to keep an HMI system up and running without requiring system reset. Helps to enhance performance, uptime and autonomous operation.
- Intel® Virtualization Technology: Hardware-based Intel® Virtualization Technology provides near-native performance of virtualized workloads for greater reliability, security, investment protection, and flexible resource management.
- Operating Systems: Supports Microsoft Windows Embedded 8, Windows Embedded Standard 7, Embedded Compact 7, Linux, Android or Wind River VxWorks.
AIS Design for Manufacturability Services Help OEMs and ODMs Produce New Equipment Solutions to Achieve OEE and Lowest TCO
AIS DMS allow OEMs, ODMs and end-users to develop new products faster, more efficiently and at the lowest possible development and manufacturing costs. Adhering to a four-stage process for in-house development, AIS has time proven methods and techniques that has helped create the most advanced, lowest cost control and monitoring solutions available with high reliability and availability. The design cycle is a model intended to be the central tool to help AIS create and evaluate products/solutions. The AIS design cycle consists of four major stages as they relate to the objectives of new product development, design and manufacturing. The four stages include:
1) Inquire & Analyze Stage: AIS identifies and analyzes the problems to be solved and objectives of the overall project and then summarizes findings with action plans.
2) Ideation Stage: In this creative process stage, product design ideas and concepts are generated. Once the appropriate design concept and strategy is selected, AIS plans the entire design through execution phase of product development.
3) Creation Stage: Demonstrating their technical skills, AIS uses state-of-the-art equipment, tools and techniques to produce the new solution and make any necessary design changes.
4) Assess Stage: AIS evaluates the final product/solution and testing methods. If necessary revisions or upgrades for further refinement are made then proceed to final production.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, USA, American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS) offers in-house electronic and mechanical design, software development, manufacturing, production and quality control services. Offering one of the widest ranges of industrial computing solutions, AIS solutions are available in a multitude of configurations for industrial, oil & gas, military and marine applications.
The company is fully committed to empowering, improving and delivering turnkey HMI, monitoring and display solutions for OEM, ODM and end-user customers. AIS is an ISO 9001:2008 certified supplier and manufacturer of rugged computers and displays, and received completion of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) registration from the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC). For more information, visit: www.aispro.com, email: [email protected] or contact: 1-888-485-6688.
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
Feb. 11, 2016 01:45 PM EST
The Quantified Economy represents the total global addressable market (TAM) for IoT that, according to a recent IDC report, will grow to an unprecedented $1.3 trillion by 2019. With this the third wave of the Internet-global proliferation of connected devices, appliances and sensors is poised to take off in 2016. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David McLauchlan, CEO and co-founder of Buddy Platform, will discuss how the ability to access and analyze the massive volume of streaming data from mil...
Feb. 11, 2016 01:45 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 11, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 434
The cloud competition for database hosts is fierce. How do you evaluate a cloud provider for your database platform? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Chris Presley, a Solutions Architect at Pythian, will give users a checklist of considerations when choosing a provider. Chris Presley is a Solutions Architect at Pythian. He loves order – making him a premier Microsoft SQL Server expert. Not only has he programmed and administered SQL Server, but he has also shared his expertise and passion w...
Feb. 11, 2016 12:20 PM EST
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 11, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 202
WebSocket is effectively a persistent and fat pipe that is compatible with a standard web infrastructure; a "TCP for the Web." If you think of WebSocket in this light, there are other more hugely interesting applications of WebSocket than just simply sending data to a browser. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Frank Greco, Director of Technology for Kaazing Corporation, will compare other modern web connectivity methods such as HTTP/2, HTTP Streaming, Server-Sent Events and new W3C event APIs ...
Feb. 11, 2016 12:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Avere Systems, a leading provider of enterprise storage for the hybrid cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Avere delivers a more modern architectural approach to storage that doesn’t require the overprovisioning of storage capacity to achieve performance, overspending on expensive storage media for inactive data or the overbuilding of data centers ...
Feb. 11, 2016 11:30 AM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 11, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 243
In most cases, it is convenient to have some human interaction with a web (micro-)service, no matter how small it is. A traditional approach would be to create an HTTP interface, where user requests will be dispatched and HTML/CSS pages must be served. This approach is indeed very traditional for a web site, but not really convenient for a web service, which is not intended to be good looking, 24x7 up and running and UX-optimized. Instead, talking to a web service in a chat-bot mode would be muc...
Feb. 11, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 278
SYS-CON Events announced today that (ISC)²® (“ISC-squared”) will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Two leading non-profits focused on cloud and information security, (ISC)² and Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), developed the Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) certification to address the increased demand for cloud security expertise due to rapid growth in cloud. Recently named “The Next...
Feb. 11, 2016 11:07 AM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that AppNeta, the leader in performance insight for business-critical web applications, will exhibit and present at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AppNeta is the only application performance monitoring (APM) company to provide solutions for all applications – applications you develop internally, business-critical SaaS applications you use and the networks that deli...
Feb. 11, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 414
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 11, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 119
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Feb. 11, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 243
The Art of DevOps provides a fun overview to help teams understand DevOps. Written in the style of the famous 6th century Chinese manuscript “The Art of War,” this eBook describes DevOps in the form of a mission to continuously deliver assets to the operational battlegrounds safely, securely, and quickly. It’s a fun read with valuable insights.
Feb. 11, 2016 10:33 AM EST
Recognizing the need to identify and validate information security professionals’ competency in securing cloud services, the two leading membership organizations focused on cloud and information security, the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) and (ISC)^2, joined together to develop an international cloud security credential that reflects the most current and comprehensive best practices for securing and optimizing cloud computing environments.
Feb. 11, 2016 10:30 AM EST