|By PR Newswire||
|April 7, 2014 08:30 AM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, April 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- 2014 NAB Show, Booth #SL8016 --
In this new age of high definition, on-demand digital media, Media and Entertainment (M&E) companies are challenged to evolve their IT infrastructure fast enough to keep pace with the data demands of their customers. Producing, editing and distributing media assets cost-effectively requires a content workflow supported by highly efficient IT infrastructures. From content capture/ingest to post production to play-out/distribution to active archives, DDN offers an economical, high performance, and on-demand shared storage environment to address the challenges of M&E companies. With over 15 years of experience and 600+ media customers, DDN is revolutionizing the big media workflows of today, and laying the foundation for scalable and elastic storage infrastructures of tomorrow.
- Digital studios, broadcasters, cable providers and Internet delivery networks are solving their big media challenges with DataDirect Networks (DDN) storage solutions designed for the world's most content-intensive workflows – from ingest to editing, transcoding, distribution and archiving.
- With the most complete storage portfolio for M&E customers today, DDN is enabling dramatically improved business agility for clients by delivering 10,000 times greater scalabilityi, 40 percent datacenter space savingsii, and 50 percent less power and coolingiii, while offering 13 times more bandwidthiv to process and handle more streamsv over any other competitive offering.
- DDN offers file and object storage solutions for every part of the content lifecycle with a single, seamless, end-to-end platform. Unlike traditional enterprise storage, DDN™ technology eliminates silos by enabling customers to manage all workflows, all formats, all content and all device types in one place.
- With its broad portfolio of big data and cloud storage offerings, DDN is giving its M&E customers the confidence that their critical systems and information are protected, improving the delivery of digital content across geographically distributed data centers and addressing the storage and workflow performance needs of broadcast and film and post production organizations everywhere.
At NAB Show, DDN Showcases Active Archive and Content Delivery Use Cases in Booth #SL8016
- Active Archive Demo: The ultimate collaboration story told by global post-production company, Deluxe Entertainment Services Group. Learn how Deluxe uses DDN WOS® object storage platform to free up expensive tier-1 storage, increase utilization and efficiencies of geo-dispersed compute and creative resources, and create a much easier scaling path over time.
- Content Origin and Delivery Demo: Find out how the biggest content delivery networks solve their largest, unpredictable storage needs. Level 3 Communications will demonstrate its Cloud Content Exchange service powered by DDN's GRIDScaler™ solution.
- ASG Digital Archive Demo: Visit the DDN Booth #SL8016 from 2:00-2:30 p.m. PT every day to meet our partners from ASG and discover how its digital archive (ADA) solution utilizes DDN's WOS object storage platform to achieve the highest performance and most cost-effective disk-based archive solution in the market.
- Active Archive Alliance Session: Join DDN and the Active Archive Alliance in room S224 on Tuesday, April 8 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. PT for a panel session that will showcase the way active archive technology is delivering a new level of capability to media and entertainment IT environments, allowing them to store and easily retrieve data in ways that weren't possible before.
Next Generation Content Solutions for Media and Entertainment
Delivering the highest levels of concurrency, with DDN next generation content solutions, collaborative workflows are accelerated, whether local or worldwide. DDN high performance Tier-1 solutions help users deploy less storage, servers and networking components than with competitive platforms. And, WOS cloud storage provides a simple, cost-efficient object storage platform to enable new revenue opportunities for established content – with active archiving, at nearly the cost of tape. Using DDN technology, M&E customers address their most critical high-performance production, editing, collaboration, archive and delivery business challenges, including:
- Broadcast & Film Production and Editing – With larger formats and higher resolution more commonplace, broadcasters, film production companies and post-production houses must overcome the hurdles of crowded storage environments which threaten to slow production and inhibit the creative process. With DDN storage solutions, users can streamline their workflows, eliminate content silos, shorten time to market, thereby unleashing the creative process and reducing the overall cost of production storage. Using a combination of DDN GRIDScaler for Tier-1, production storage and WOS for a seamlessly connected active archive, studios can manage the size of their high performance storage while moving off content quickly and easily to their active archive tier built on WOS storage. This strategy eliminates the complexity of multiple tiers, reducing the overhead of additional storage maintenance and management associated with traditional solutions. With its high data throughput and parallel infrastructure, GRIDScaler, the industry's fastest NAS and parallel scale out storage appliance, makes the ultimate production storage solution. WOS object storage is the ideal active archive delivering the industry's best balance of high performance, scalability, ease of use and very low TCO.
- Web Content Origin and Delivery Networks – The world's largest cable and telco television providers that are looking to implement or expand their content origin or delivery infrastructure are often faced with the choice of whether to build, buy or rent their solution. With the DDN WOS solution, users now have a storage platform purpose built for digital content, making the "buy approach" the smartest one. WOS technology delivers easy setup and administration, low TCO and a high performance online content origin and delivery infrastructure. Capable of scaling to billions of objects in a single instance, WOS enables set up of a multi-petabyte geographically distributed self-healing solution in hours instead of days or weeks, all managed by less than one full time employee. WOS delivers fast uploads through local ingest, and with a choice of highly optimized data protection schema, is highly secure and multi-tenant enabled.
- Cloud Services – WOS is the only object storage system that is optimized for high-speed throughput of large data volumes and super-fast I/O operations for small files, allowing users to mix different sized objects on a single high performance platform with greater disk efficiency. This makes DDN storage ideal for hyperscale cloud, social and Internet applications like Internet music-delivery and photo-sharing sites. For multi-site cloud deployments, the built-in WOS Latency-Aware Access Manager will automatically address data access requests to the location with the lowest latency. Integration between WOS and GRIDScaler offers users comprehensive data management and ILM tools with cloud connectivity to seamlessly manage, distribute and archive data. By embedding the file system inside the storage, DDN storage provides non-disruptive and infinite scale out capacity to maximize the value of content assets.
- Collaboration and Global Distribution – Collaborative network editing is transforming television and video production. DDN's unique SFA™ architecture enables these users to store all file-based data in one place so that producers can work on it locally and from multiple locations at once. With real-time QoS, users can work concurrently on the same file or on different files, generating hundreds of SD, HD, 2K, 3D and 4K streams for ingest, edit, rendering and playout access all on the same storage pool – without performance degradation or fear of dropping a frame. And for large animation and effects rendering farms that must operate at their peak 24/7, seamless integration between DDN products enables users to offload GRIDScaler jobs from a central location to WOS storage for multisite cloud-based collaboration, global distribution and disaster recovery for maximum performance without downtime.
- According to DDN CMO, Molly Rector, "Production studios, broadcasters and other customers in the media and entertainment industry are expected to deal with a multitude of issues and tasks associated with big media workflows, including high-performance production, editing, ingest, archive and delivery and more. By leveraging DDN technology with unparalleled performance, ease of management and cost-efficiency for their demanding workflows as part of a highly efficient IT infrastructure, users can create without limitations, collaborate more confidently and shorten time to market."
- DDN 2014 NAB Show Landing Page
- More on DDN Object Storage
- More on DDN File Storage
- More on DDN's work with Media & Entertainment companies
- Sign up for a personalized meeting with a DDN representative at 2014 NAB Show or request a complimentary exhibit hall pass
- Follow the DDN Blog, connect with us on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Follow the #StorageForMedia hashtag to join the storage for media conversation
- Subscribe to DDN RSS Feed
About DataDirect Networks
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN's solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world's most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today's information powered enterprise. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
©2014 All rights reserved. DDN, SFA, WOS, GRIDScaler, are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
i DDN WOS storage offers 10,000X larger namespace as compared to EMC Isilon
ii When comparing the same performance and capacity, DDN storage enables 40 percent more space savings as compared to Quantum
iii DDN storage uses 50% less power, cooling and rack space as compared to EMC Isilon
iv With 48GB/s, DDN offers 13x higher bandwidth than EMC Isilon in a single system
v DDN speeds operations and workflows by handling more streams on a single appliance as compared to EMC Isilon and NetApp
DDN Media Contact:
Sr. Director, Global Corporate Communications
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE DataDirect Networks (DDN)
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,855
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,440
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 968
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, will draw together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established ...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,246
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 732
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,989
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Robert Doyle, lead architect at eCube Systems, will examine the issues and need for an agile infrastructure and show the advantages of capturing developer knowledge in an exportable file for migration into production. He will introduce the use of NXTmonitor, a next-generation DevOps tool that captures application environments, dependencies and start/stop procedures in a portable configuration file with an easy-to-use GUI. In addition to captu...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,511
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to focus on the core of their online busine...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,285
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,102
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Oct. 23, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,706
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 23, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,965
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Oct. 23, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,067
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,557
Established in 1998, Calsoft is a leading software product engineering Services Company specializing in Storage, Networking, Virtualization and Cloud business verticals. Calsoft provides End-to-End Product Development, Quality Assurance Sustenance, Solution Engineering and Professional Services expertise to assist customers in achieving their product development and business goals. The company's deep domain knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Cloud verticals helps in delivering ...
Oct. 23, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,009
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 23, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 843