|By PR Newswire||
|April 7, 2014 09:31 AM EDT||
ARMONK, N.Y., April 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- To help organizations accelerate and drive more business value from their mobile initiatives, IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced the expansion of its IBM MobileFirst portfolio with new and enhanced services focused on mobile strategy and security, application development and device procurement and management.
"The expansion of our mobility services portfolio demonstrates our continued investments in building the full breadth of capabilities clients need to radically transform and grow their business through mobile," said Rich Esposito, general manager, Mobility Services, IBM Global Technology Services. "In 2014, we will further leverage our software acquisitions and growing capabilities in the cloud to provide clients with more flexibility and choices, including 'mobility as-a-service' solutions."
A recent IBM study reports that 90 percent of global organizations across eight major industries are planning to sustain or increase their investments in mobile technologies over the next 12 to 18 months. According to the report, the top three mobile challenges facing organizations are:
- Integrating mobile applications with existing systems (54 percent)
- Implementing secure end-to-end mobile solutions for devices and applications (53 percent)
- Reacting to changes in technology and mobile devices in a reasonable period of time (51 percent)
Today mobile is helping drive business transactions and revenue while delivering valuable information that teams can tap into to identify and capture new business opportunities. As a result, mobile leaders are doing more to integrate this channel into the fabric of their business, helping clients address their key challenges and fully integrate mobile across their entire business.
In order to further drive this transformation, IBM is rolling out new and enhanced services as a part of the IBM MobileFirst portfolio including:
- Infrastructure consulting services – Helps enterprises evaluate their existing mobile infrastructure environment, identify gaps and build a comprehensive mobile strategy and roadmap that meets their business and technical needs. Using industry-specific points of view, IBM guides the journey, focuses clients on approaches that are specific to their business and recommends solutions that achieve the client's service management, cloud and workplace objectives.
- Application platform management services – With apps emerging as a key growth area for their business, enterprises are creating their own developer communities. With these new services IBM will help clients build, configure and fully manage their developer community's app dev environment, supported by both software and a skilled team of experts.
- Device procurement and deployment services – Allows clients to simplify the selection and ordering of devices and install the client's tailored platforms, apps and service components. Devices can be shipped directly to employees and include services for ongoing secure management, customer service and predefined refresh cycles with disposal or repurposing.
- Managed mobility services – Provides enterprises with scalable, secure, reliable and flexible management of their mobile infrastructure and wireless endpoints. With these services IBM helps clients reduce the risk, complexity and cost of managing their bring your own device (BYOD) and corporate device programs while freeing up the client's IT resources to focus on core business needs. This service features MaaS360 from IBM's acquisition of Fiberlink, along with an ecosystem of IBM business partners to deliver cloud-based solutions.
- Mobile network services – Provides customers with a deep understanding of resources required to deploy a secure, scalable and reliable network infrastructure to support the unique demands of their mobile business. As a result, clients can identify the new unique components and design considerations that must be taken into account to establish a secure mobile enterprise. For example, customers can pinpoint what type of mobile security is required to sustain the increased network traffic volume generated by mobile apps and data.
- Mobile collaboration services – Provides a suite of productivity solutions including email, instant messaging, voice and video that enable mobile employees to exchange information, locate experts and become more productive. Clients can benefit from design, implementation and managed services to help them stay connected and perform business transactions from any mobile device, anywhere. As a result, employees become more collaborative, creative and effective, driving growth, customer loyalty, cost reductions and higher employee satisfaction.
- Mobile virtualization services – Enables clients to leverage virtualization technology to design, implement and manage distributed end users. Using this service, end users can access platform independent, hosted applications and full client images. This comprehensive offering includes assessment, design and implementation and managed services delivered on premises. Devices included in this service include laptops, workstations, tablets and thin clients.
- IBM Smart and Embedded Device Security – Helps enterprises secure their emerging mobile applications and enables device manufacturers to address concerns around safety, stability, service cost and intellectual property protection of smart and embedded devices. IBM uses threat modeling, source code analysis and penetration testing of device and application, including firmware and kernel module security, to identify and fix vulnerabilities. This enables the client to prevent hackers from gaining root access to their devices and increases the integrity and availability of their security services.
In addition to these new services, IBM also announced today that IDC has named it a leader in the new MarketScape Worldwide Mobile Application Development, Testing, Management, and Infrastructure (mADTMI) Services 2014 Vendor Assessment.
In 2013, IBM launched IBM MobileFirst, a significant mobile strategy that enables clients to radically streamline and accelerate mobile adoption. IBM assembled the people, technology and R&D to build the most comprehensive mobile portfolio in the industry. IBM MobileFirst combines deep industry expertise with mobile, Big Data and analytics, cloud and social technologies to help organizations capture new markets and reach more people.
For more information about IBM, visit: http://ibm.com/mobilefirst
IBM Global Media Relations
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 510
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so the...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 217
DevOps Summit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development...
Sep. 2, 2015 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,606
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device acce...
Sep. 2, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 306
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Sep. 2, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 835
In 2014, the market witnessed a massive migration to the cloud as enterprises finally overcame their fears of the cloud’s viability, security, etc. Over the past 18 months, AWS, Google and Microsoft have waged an ongoing battle through a wave of price cuts and new features. For IT executives, sorting through all the noise to make the best cloud investment decisions has become daunting. Enterprises can and are moving away from a "one size fits all" cloud approach. The new competitive field has ...
Sep. 2, 2015 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 148
Advances in technology and ubiquitous connectivity have made the utilization of a dispersed workforce more common. Whether that remote team is located across the street or country, management styles/ approaches will have to be adjusted to accommodate this new dynamic. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on the challenges of managing remote teams, providing real-world examples that demonstrate what works and what...
Sep. 2, 2015 07:15 PM EDT
eCube Systems has released NXTmonitor, a full featured application orchestration solution. NXTmonitor, which inherited the code base of NXTminder, has been extended to support multi-discipline processes and will act as a DevOps utility in a heterogeneous enterprise environment. Previously, NXTminder was packaged with NXTera middleware to configure and manage Entera and NXTera RPC servers. “Since we are widening the focus of this solution to DevOps, we felt the need to change the name to NXTmon...
Sep. 2, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 121
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Sep. 2, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,657
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Sep. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 463
The web app is agile. The REST API is agile. The testing and planning are agile. But alas, data infrastructures certainly are not. Once an application matures, changing the shape or indexing scheme of data often forces at best a top down planning exercise and at worst includes schema changes that force downtime. The time has come for a new approach that fundamentally advances the agility of distributed data infrastructures. Come learn about a new solution to the problems faced by software organ...
Sep. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 121
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of tech...
Sep. 2, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 270
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, discussed why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices rathe...
Sep. 2, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 427
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on...
Sep. 2, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 393
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advance...
Sep. 2, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 355