|By PR Newswire||
|April 7, 2014 08:49 PM EDT||
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas, April 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys has put together a team of attorneys to push forward an Emergency Motion that would compel GM to issue a "Park It Now" notice to current owners of certain Chevrolet, Pontiac and Saturn vehicles recalled for defective ignition switches. If granted, the motion would force GM to tell the owners of 2.6 million recalled vehicles to park their cars until they are fixed.
On Friday, April 4, United States District Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos heard arguments pertaining to the Emergency Motion. Numerous Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorney clients also came to testify to a packed courtroom filled with witnesses and experts about their personal experiences with the ignition failure and how their lives were impacted. The public and attorneys alike are awaiting the judge's ruling.
GM Admits to Multiple Facts after "Park It Now" Hearing
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys' legal team obtains the following admissions in the form of stipulations from GM:
- A defect which relates to motor vehicle safety as defined in 49 C.F.R. 573.6 may exist in certain of the Recall Vehicles. The ignition switch torque performance in certain of the Recall Vehicles may not meet GM's specification. If the torque performance in a given vehicle is not to specification, the ignition switch may, under certain conditions, move from the "run" position to the "accessory" or "off" position with a corresponding reduction or loss of power.
- As of March 11, 2014, and based on the data and information collected, reviewed, and analyzed by GM as of that date, GM had identified eight frontal-impact crashes in the United States involving 2003 to 2007 model year Saturn Ion vehicles in which the recall condition may have caused or contributed to the airbags' non-deployment. Of these eight crashes, GM had identified four involving the Saturn Ion that resulted in four fatalities (all of which involved 2004 model year vehicles) and six injuries of frontal occupants (which involved 2004, 2005, 2006, & 2007 model year vehicles). As of February 24, 2014, and based on the data and information collected, reviewed, and analyzed as of that date, GM had identified 23 frontal-impact crashes involving 2005 to 2007 Chevrolet Cobalts and 2007 Pontiac G5s in which the recall condition may have caused or contributed to the airbags' non-deployment. Of these crashes, GM had identified six that resulted in eight fatalities of frontal occupants.
- The number of vehicles within the scope of the Recall manufactured by General Motors Corporation is 1,363,414.
- On March 28, 2014, GM announced that an additional 824,000 vehicles (including 2008-2010 model year (MY) Chevrolet Cobalt, 2008-2011 MY Chevrolet HHR, 2008-2010 MY Pontiac Solstice, 2008-2010 MY Pontiac G5, and 2008-2010 MY Saturn Sky vehicles) would be recalled because certain of these vehicles may have been repaired with the replacement ignition switches that do not meet GM's specification.
- Replacement parts for the Recall repair will begin to be shipped to GM dealers this week, and dealers should begin conducting repairs next week. Based upon current information, and subject to GM's ongoing efforts to further expedite the process, the expected completion date for the Recall Vehicles is currently estimated to be October 2014.
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys Continue to Investigate Injury and Death Cases Linked to Recall
"If GM has its way, we could very easily have hazardous and potentially deadly vehicles on the road until October of this year." Thomas Henry goes on, "This defies logic and is unacceptable as far as I am concerned and I know the public at large feels the exact same way."
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys, a national law firm and one of the larger injury firms in the country, is representing victims in all 50 states. As the leader in the GM national litigation, Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys is representing large numbers of families who have lost loved ones and individuals who have suffered catastrophic injuries.
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys
Video - http://youtu.be/UG6lYDOD7WM
SOURCE Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,089
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,004
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, discussed recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model for ...
Dec. 6, 2016 12:28 PM EST Reads: 137
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2017 New York The 7th Internet of @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. Chris Matthieu is the co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, a revolutionary real-time IoT platform recently acquired by Citrix. Octoblu connects things, systems, people and clouds to a global mesh network allowing users to automate and control design flo...
Dec. 6, 2016 11:54 AM EST Reads: 111
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 6, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 307
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. In the eyes of many, containers are at the brink of becoming a pervasive technology in enterprise IT to accelerate application delivery. In this presentation, attendees learned about the: The transformation of IT to a DevOps, microservices, and container-based architecture What are containers and how DevOps practices can operate in a container-based environment A demonstration of how ...
Dec. 6, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,015
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 430
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 6, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 571
"Venafi has a platform that allows you to manage, centralize and automate the complete life cycle of keys and certificates within the organization," explained Gina Osmond, Sr. Field Marketing Manager at Venafi, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 966
Effectively SMBs and government programs must address compounded regulatory compliance requirements. The most recent are Controlled Unclassified Information and the EU's GDPR have Board Level implications. Managing sensitive data protection will likely result in acquisition criteria, demonstration requests and new requirements. Developers, as part of the pre-planning process and the associated supply chain, could benefit from updating their code libraries and design by incorporating changes. In...
Dec. 6, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,175
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 545
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 6, 2016 09:15 AM EST Reads: 2,146
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 3,968
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 5,819
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 713