|By PR Newswire||
|April 7, 2014 09:00 PM EDT||
SYDNEY, April 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced the opening of phase three of its third Sydney (SY3) International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center. The US$30 million addition to SY3, located in the south of Sydney, provides space for an additional 1,000 cabinets. The completed build has capacity for 3,000 cabinets, allowing more companies to take full advantage of the cloud in a colocation environment and reap the benefits of close proximity to a vast ecosystem of partners and potential customers.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Net Logistics, a leading web hosting service provider and systems integrator in Australia and an Equinix Customer since 2006, has signed as an anchor tenant, expanding its data center footprint in Sydney. Since its inception in 2004, Net Logistics, ISO 20000 certified, has placed a heavy emphasis on providing clients with industry-leading support, offering a range of premium hosting products including shared and reseller hosting, cloud Virtual Private Servers (VPS) and high-end dedicated servers. Clients can also take advantage of fully customized solutions and colocation services.
- Australia is recognized as the most mature cloud market in Asia Pacific with demand for premium colocation and interconnection services continuing to rise. The country's public cloud market is forecast to hit $3.2 billion in 2020 up from $723 million in 2012.
- Through Platform Equinix™, customers located within SY3-III can maximize business opportunities within the data center, accelerating their digital supply chain. Companies around the globe can develop their businesses in Asia Pacific markets quickly and easily through Equinix's expanded footprint in the region, scaling operations and expanding geographically across the global platform. This improves application performance and protects valuable digital assets.
- The SY3 facility located in Mascot has been awarded the LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating System™ Gold Certification for its high building standards by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). In addition, Equinix has ISO 27001 certification for all of its Sydney facilities, the highest global industry standard for information security.
- SY3 is the most densely connected data center in Australia, with access to Equinix's network dense and rich ecosystem of more than 975 network providers globally, 120 of which are based in Australia. This includes a direct link to the Southern Cross Cable Network (SCCN) and PIPE Pacific Cable (PPC-1), the only location where access to the two largest peering points is available.
- Equinix anticipates investment in data center outsourcing in the Asia Pacific region will continue to grow, with cloud and hybrid cloud in particular, gaining momentum.
- Equinix is helping enterprises embark on hybrid cloud journeys by solving the problems faced by those that want to transform their IT environment to a hybrid cloud model, and have specific workloads requiring the transfer of large volumes of data. Equinix simplifies private, secure access to multiple cloud and network providers to build highly flexible hybrid cloud solutions while avoiding vendor lock.
- Equinix has continued to invest in the Asia Pacific region, as high demand for premium data center and cloud services continues to grow. SY3-III is the latest in a series of expansions across Asia Pacific including Tokyo, Osaka, Jakarta, Singapore, and the most recent announcement that Equinix has commenced building its first facility in Melbourne.
- Doug Oates, vice president of sales, Equinix Asia-Pacific:"Equinix is experiencing massive growth across the region with a number of expansions announced over the previous months, including our first Melbourne data center made in January this year. Equinix is continuing in its drive to connect businesses inside its dynamic business ecosystems and accelerate the digital supply chain, particularly within the cloud vertical."
- Karthick Rajendran, managing director, Net Logistics:"Equinix is a key supplier in our operations. Businesses have always been dependent on each other, but now it is about the speed with which they connect to each other to transact data in order to ultimately deliver goods or services. Equinix has helped us to do this, ensuring our customers have the best possible experience no matter how they are connecting in today's highly digital economy."
- The Transformation of Australia: From Mining to Tech [blog]
- Australia's Great Southern State Welcomes a Data Boost with the Announcement of Equinix's ME1 [blog]
- Equinix Sydney data centers [website]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
 Forrester Research Report "Sizing the Cloud Markets in Asia Pacific" February 2012
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
CIOs and those charged with running IT Operations are challenged to deliver secure, audited, and reliable compute environments for the applications and data for the business. Behind the scenes these tasks are often accomplished by following onerous time-consuming processes and often the management of these environments and processes will be outsourced to multiple IT service providers. In addition, the division of work is often siloed into traditional "towers" that are not well integrated for cro...
Feb. 9, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 474
Father business cycles and digital consumers are forcing enterprises to respond faster to customer needs and competitive demands. Successful integration of DevOps and Agile development will be key for business success in today’s digital economy. In his session at DevOps Summit, Pradeep Prabhu, Co-Founder & CEO of Cloudmunch, covered the critical practices that enterprises should consider to seamlessly integrate Agile and DevOps processes, barriers to implementing this in the enterprise, and pr...
Feb. 9, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 359
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 9, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 183
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 9, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 149
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 9, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 222
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 9, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 589
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Feb. 9, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 190
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 132
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 182
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 350
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 163
The principles behind DevOps are not new - for decades people have been automating system administration and decreasing the time to deploy apps and perform other management tasks. However, only recently did we see the tools and the will necessary to share the benefits and power of automation with a wider circle of people. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Sanders, Chief Technology Officer at CloudBolt Software, explored the latest tools including Puppet, Chef, Docker, and CMPs needed to...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 293
In most cases, it is convenient to have some human interaction with a web (micro-)service, no matter how small it is. A traditional approach would be to create an HTTP interface, where user requests will be dispatched and HTML/CSS pages must be served. This approach is indeed very traditional for a web site, but not really convenient for a web service, which is not intended to be good looking, 24x7 up and running and UX-optimized. Instead, talking to a web service in a chat-bot mode would be muc...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 229
SYS-CON Events announced today that iDevices®, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. iDevices, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, has a growing line of HomeKit-enabled products available at the largest retailers worldwide. Through the “Designed with iDevices” co-development program and its custom-built IoT Cloud Infrastruc...
Feb. 9, 2016 02:45 PM EST