|By PR Newswire||
|April 7, 2014 09:00 PM EDT||
SYDNEY, April 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced the opening of phase three of its third Sydney (SY3) International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center. The US$30 million addition to SY3, located in the south of Sydney, provides space for an additional 1,000 cabinets. The completed build has capacity for 3,000 cabinets, allowing more companies to take full advantage of the cloud in a colocation environment and reap the benefits of close proximity to a vast ecosystem of partners and potential customers.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Net Logistics, a leading web hosting service provider and systems integrator in Australia and an Equinix Customer since 2006, has signed as an anchor tenant, expanding its data center footprint in Sydney. Since its inception in 2004, Net Logistics, ISO 20000 certified, has placed a heavy emphasis on providing clients with industry-leading support, offering a range of premium hosting products including shared and reseller hosting, cloud Virtual Private Servers (VPS) and high-end dedicated servers. Clients can also take advantage of fully customized solutions and colocation services.
- Australia is recognized as the most mature cloud market in Asia Pacific with demand for premium colocation and interconnection services continuing to rise. The country's public cloud market is forecast to hit $3.2 billion in 2020 up from $723 million in 2012.
- Through Platform Equinix™, customers located within SY3-III can maximize business opportunities within the data center, accelerating their digital supply chain. Companies around the globe can develop their businesses in Asia Pacific markets quickly and easily through Equinix's expanded footprint in the region, scaling operations and expanding geographically across the global platform. This improves application performance and protects valuable digital assets.
- The SY3 facility located in Mascot has been awarded the LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating System™ Gold Certification for its high building standards by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). In addition, Equinix has ISO 27001 certification for all of its Sydney facilities, the highest global industry standard for information security.
- SY3 is the most densely connected data center in Australia, with access to Equinix's network dense and rich ecosystem of more than 975 network providers globally, 120 of which are based in Australia. This includes a direct link to the Southern Cross Cable Network (SCCN) and PIPE Pacific Cable (PPC-1), the only location where access to the two largest peering points is available.
- Equinix anticipates investment in data center outsourcing in the Asia Pacific region will continue to grow, with cloud and hybrid cloud in particular, gaining momentum.
- Equinix is helping enterprises embark on hybrid cloud journeys by solving the problems faced by those that want to transform their IT environment to a hybrid cloud model, and have specific workloads requiring the transfer of large volumes of data. Equinix simplifies private, secure access to multiple cloud and network providers to build highly flexible hybrid cloud solutions while avoiding vendor lock.
- Equinix has continued to invest in the Asia Pacific region, as high demand for premium data center and cloud services continues to grow. SY3-III is the latest in a series of expansions across Asia Pacific including Tokyo, Osaka, Jakarta, Singapore, and the most recent announcement that Equinix has commenced building its first facility in Melbourne.
- Doug Oates, vice president of sales, Equinix Asia-Pacific:"Equinix is experiencing massive growth across the region with a number of expansions announced over the previous months, including our first Melbourne data center made in January this year. Equinix is continuing in its drive to connect businesses inside its dynamic business ecosystems and accelerate the digital supply chain, particularly within the cloud vertical."
- Karthick Rajendran, managing director, Net Logistics:"Equinix is a key supplier in our operations. Businesses have always been dependent on each other, but now it is about the speed with which they connect to each other to transact data in order to ultimately deliver goods or services. Equinix has helped us to do this, ensuring our customers have the best possible experience no matter how they are connecting in today's highly digital economy."
- The Transformation of Australia: From Mining to Tech [blog]
- Australia's Great Southern State Welcomes a Data Boost with the Announcement of Equinix's ME1 [blog]
- Equinix Sydney data centers [website]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
 Forrester Research Report "Sizing the Cloud Markets in Asia Pacific" February 2012
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great t...
Jan. 21, 2017 07:45 AM EST Reads: 2,438
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 21, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 1,292
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 21, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 929
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 21, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,946
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive ad...
Jan. 21, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,654
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 21, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,071
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Jan. 21, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 3,551
Choosing the right cloud for your workloads is a balancing act that can cost your organization time, money and aggravation - unless you get it right the first time. Economics, speed, performance, accessibility, administrative needs and security all play a vital role in dictating your approach to the cloud. Without knowing the right questions to ask, you could wind up paying for capacity you'll never need or underestimating the resources required to run your applications.
Jan. 21, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 4,043
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Jan. 21, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 3,013
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT depl...
Jan. 21, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 1,988
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 6,121
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, discussed how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He also discussed how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors an...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 5,042
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 5,367
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 5,825
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:30 AM EST Reads: 6,568