|By PR Newswire||
|April 7, 2014 09:00 PM EDT||
SYDNEY, April 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced the opening of phase three of its third Sydney (SY3) International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center. The US$30 million addition to SY3, located in the south of Sydney, provides space for an additional 1,000 cabinets. The completed build has capacity for 3,000 cabinets, allowing more companies to take full advantage of the cloud in a colocation environment and reap the benefits of close proximity to a vast ecosystem of partners and potential customers.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Net Logistics, a leading web hosting service provider and systems integrator in Australia and an Equinix Customer since 2006, has signed as an anchor tenant, expanding its data center footprint in Sydney. Since its inception in 2004, Net Logistics, ISO 20000 certified, has placed a heavy emphasis on providing clients with industry-leading support, offering a range of premium hosting products including shared and reseller hosting, cloud Virtual Private Servers (VPS) and high-end dedicated servers. Clients can also take advantage of fully customized solutions and colocation services.
- Australia is recognized as the most mature cloud market in Asia Pacific with demand for premium colocation and interconnection services continuing to rise. The country's public cloud market is forecast to hit $3.2 billion in 2020 up from $723 million in 2012.
- Through Platform Equinix™, customers located within SY3-III can maximize business opportunities within the data center, accelerating their digital supply chain. Companies around the globe can develop their businesses in Asia Pacific markets quickly and easily through Equinix's expanded footprint in the region, scaling operations and expanding geographically across the global platform. This improves application performance and protects valuable digital assets.
- The SY3 facility located in Mascot has been awarded the LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating System™ Gold Certification for its high building standards by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). In addition, Equinix has ISO 27001 certification for all of its Sydney facilities, the highest global industry standard for information security.
- SY3 is the most densely connected data center in Australia, with access to Equinix's network dense and rich ecosystem of more than 975 network providers globally, 120 of which are based in Australia. This includes a direct link to the Southern Cross Cable Network (SCCN) and PIPE Pacific Cable (PPC-1), the only location where access to the two largest peering points is available.
- Equinix anticipates investment in data center outsourcing in the Asia Pacific region will continue to grow, with cloud and hybrid cloud in particular, gaining momentum.
- Equinix is helping enterprises embark on hybrid cloud journeys by solving the problems faced by those that want to transform their IT environment to a hybrid cloud model, and have specific workloads requiring the transfer of large volumes of data. Equinix simplifies private, secure access to multiple cloud and network providers to build highly flexible hybrid cloud solutions while avoiding vendor lock.
- Equinix has continued to invest in the Asia Pacific region, as high demand for premium data center and cloud services continues to grow. SY3-III is the latest in a series of expansions across Asia Pacific including Tokyo, Osaka, Jakarta, Singapore, and the most recent announcement that Equinix has commenced building its first facility in Melbourne.
- Doug Oates, vice president of sales, Equinix Asia-Pacific:"Equinix is experiencing massive growth across the region with a number of expansions announced over the previous months, including our first Melbourne data center made in January this year. Equinix is continuing in its drive to connect businesses inside its dynamic business ecosystems and accelerate the digital supply chain, particularly within the cloud vertical."
- Karthick Rajendran, managing director, Net Logistics:"Equinix is a key supplier in our operations. Businesses have always been dependent on each other, but now it is about the speed with which they connect to each other to transact data in order to ultimately deliver goods or services. Equinix has helped us to do this, ensuring our customers have the best possible experience no matter how they are connecting in today's highly digital economy."
- The Transformation of Australia: From Mining to Tech [blog]
- Australia's Great Southern State Welcomes a Data Boost with the Announcement of Equinix's ME1 [blog]
- Equinix Sydney data centers [website]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
 Forrester Research Report "Sizing the Cloud Markets in Asia Pacific" February 2012
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, discussed using predictive analytics to mon...
Dec. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 4,950
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Dec. 5, 2016 08:45 PM EST Reads: 447
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,218
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,083
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 2,063
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 5,040
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 367
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,813
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 5, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,847
In IT, we sometimes coin terms for things before we know exactly what they are and how they’ll be used. The resulting terms may capture a common set of aspirations and goals – as “cloud” did broadly for on-demand, self-service, and flexible computing. But such a term can also lump together diverse and even competing practices, technologies, and priorities to the point where important distinctions are glossed over and lost.
Dec. 5, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,555
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 5, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,602
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Dec. 5, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,691
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 5, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 2,059
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Dec. 5, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 879
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, drew together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established compa...
Dec. 5, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 864