|By PR Newswire||
|April 7, 2014 09:00 PM EDT||
SYDNEY, April 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced the opening of phase three of its third Sydney (SY3) International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center. The US$30 million addition to SY3, located in the south of Sydney, provides space for an additional 1,000 cabinets. The completed build has capacity for 3,000 cabinets, allowing more companies to take full advantage of the cloud in a colocation environment and reap the benefits of close proximity to a vast ecosystem of partners and potential customers.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Net Logistics, a leading web hosting service provider and systems integrator in Australia and an Equinix Customer since 2006, has signed as an anchor tenant, expanding its data center footprint in Sydney. Since its inception in 2004, Net Logistics, ISO 20000 certified, has placed a heavy emphasis on providing clients with industry-leading support, offering a range of premium hosting products including shared and reseller hosting, cloud Virtual Private Servers (VPS) and high-end dedicated servers. Clients can also take advantage of fully customized solutions and colocation services.
- Australia is recognized as the most mature cloud market in Asia Pacific with demand for premium colocation and interconnection services continuing to rise. The country's public cloud market is forecast to hit $3.2 billion in 2020 up from $723 million in 2012.
- Through Platform Equinix™, customers located within SY3-III can maximize business opportunities within the data center, accelerating their digital supply chain. Companies around the globe can develop their businesses in Asia Pacific markets quickly and easily through Equinix's expanded footprint in the region, scaling operations and expanding geographically across the global platform. This improves application performance and protects valuable digital assets.
- The SY3 facility located in Mascot has been awarded the LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating System™ Gold Certification for its high building standards by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). In addition, Equinix has ISO 27001 certification for all of its Sydney facilities, the highest global industry standard for information security.
- SY3 is the most densely connected data center in Australia, with access to Equinix's network dense and rich ecosystem of more than 975 network providers globally, 120 of which are based in Australia. This includes a direct link to the Southern Cross Cable Network (SCCN) and PIPE Pacific Cable (PPC-1), the only location where access to the two largest peering points is available.
- Equinix anticipates investment in data center outsourcing in the Asia Pacific region will continue to grow, with cloud and hybrid cloud in particular, gaining momentum.
- Equinix is helping enterprises embark on hybrid cloud journeys by solving the problems faced by those that want to transform their IT environment to a hybrid cloud model, and have specific workloads requiring the transfer of large volumes of data. Equinix simplifies private, secure access to multiple cloud and network providers to build highly flexible hybrid cloud solutions while avoiding vendor lock.
- Equinix has continued to invest in the Asia Pacific region, as high demand for premium data center and cloud services continues to grow. SY3-III is the latest in a series of expansions across Asia Pacific including Tokyo, Osaka, Jakarta, Singapore, and the most recent announcement that Equinix has commenced building its first facility in Melbourne.
- Doug Oates, vice president of sales, Equinix Asia-Pacific:"Equinix is experiencing massive growth across the region with a number of expansions announced over the previous months, including our first Melbourne data center made in January this year. Equinix is continuing in its drive to connect businesses inside its dynamic business ecosystems and accelerate the digital supply chain, particularly within the cloud vertical."
- Karthick Rajendran, managing director, Net Logistics:"Equinix is a key supplier in our operations. Businesses have always been dependent on each other, but now it is about the speed with which they connect to each other to transact data in order to ultimately deliver goods or services. Equinix has helped us to do this, ensuring our customers have the best possible experience no matter how they are connecting in today's highly digital economy."
- The Transformation of Australia: From Mining to Tech [blog]
- Australia's Great Southern State Welcomes a Data Boost with the Announcement of Equinix's ME1 [blog]
- Equinix Sydney data centers [website]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
 Forrester Research Report "Sizing the Cloud Markets in Asia Pacific" February 2012
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Sep. 27, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 320
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Sep. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,627
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Sep. 27, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 284
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,852
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,756
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,359
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,689
We’ve been doing it for years, decades for some. How many websites have you created accounts on? Your bank, your credit card companies, social media sites, hotels and travel sites, online shopping sites, and that’s just the start. We do it often without even thinking about it, quickly entering our personal information, our data, in a plethora of systems. Sometimes we’re not even aware of the information we are providing. It could be very personal information (think of the security questions you ...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,635
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,252
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,201
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,991
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,444
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,713
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,661
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,596