|By PR Newswire||
|April 8, 2014 04:58 AM EDT||
MARSEILLE, France, April 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
City Airport Bremen take top spot at 3rd regional heat of 2014
Last night during a Fabulous networking evening at the Marseille Provence Cruise Terminal, City Airport Bremen was announced as the overall winner of the Europe heat of this year's Routes Marketing Awards. A record number of aviation professionals were gathered to witness the presentation of the awards and to take part in the 9th Routes Europe - the largest route development event for the entire European region.
Speaking just after receiving the award City Airport Bremen's, Director Sales & Marketing, Florian Kruse said: "We are absolutely delighted about the win. The whole team has done an absolutely amazing and wonderful job over the past year and across the first months of 2014 and have collectively invented our current marketing campaign. We say a big thank you to our customers and friends in the industry and look forward to perhaps raising the bar further in Chicago at this year's World Routes."
The annual Routes awards are highly regarded as the most prestigious awards in the industry as they are voted for and judged by the airline network planning community. They provide the airline community with the chance to have their say as to which airport or tourism authority they think provides the best overall marketing services to them whether this relates to their particular relationship, effective results, provision of data and information or innovative techniques to establish new or maintain and develop existing routes.
As overall winner of this regional heat, City Airport Bremen will be automatically shortlisted for the World Routes Marketing Awards which will be announced in Chicago this September. Bremen joins Tampa International Airport and Abu Dhabi International Airport who were announced as overall winner of the Americas and Asia heats respectively, earlier in the year.
Bremen was also named as the winner from the Under 4 million passengers category with Brussels Airport honoured from the 4-20 million passengers category. From the Over 20 million passengers category Copenhagen Airport were ranked top and the Destination Award went to Valencia Tourism.
Katie Bland, Director Routes for UBM Live said: "We were delighted with the high level of submissions and congratulate all those that were nominated, those recognised as Highly Commended by the panel of judges and of course all of the section winners. It was a close run thing but City Airport Bremen were worthy winners. The airport has worked tirelessly to get their name out there against the big boys and they are standing out from the crowd in terms of creative campaigns and their results over the past year."
The shortlisted finalists were nominated by airlines and a respected panel of judges made up of senior members of the airline network planning community from the region then reviewed the lists and submissions from the nominated airports in order to determine the winners. The panel consisted of the following experts:
Paul Croft, Schedule Development Manager, easyJet
Rikke Munk Christensen, Head of Network Planning, Finnair
Laura Nitu, Head of Product Department, Tarom
Manuele Gazzardi, Network Planning & Commercial, Air Dolomiti
Stijn Vandermoere, Head of Network Development & Scheduling, Wizz Air
A complete list of companies shortlisted under each award category is below:
Over 20 Million Passengers
Copenhagen Airport - Winner
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol - Highly Commended
Frankfurt Airport - Highly Commended
Barcelona-El Prat Airport
Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport
4 - 20 Million Passengers
Brussels Airport - Winner
Athens International Airport - Highly Commended
Prague Airport - Highly Commended
Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen International Airport
Under 4 Million Passengers
City Airport Bremen - Winner & Overall Winner
John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice - Highly Commended
Shannon Airport - Highly Commended
David the Builder Kutaisi International Airport
George Enescu International Airport, Bacău
Destination Marketing Award
Valencia Tourism - Winner
Stockholm Visitors Board & Convention Bureau - Highly Commended
Polish National Tourist Office
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK‐based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm-global.com. Routes and ASM are part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
About UBM plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @NLPROU, @airlineroute
SOURCE UBM Live Routes Ltd
Sep. 28, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,253
Sep. 28, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,228
Sep. 28, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,901
Sep. 28, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,868
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,878
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,357
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,081
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,238
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,250
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,682
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,451
Sep. 28, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,625
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Sep. 28, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,470
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 28, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,805
Digital transformation is too big and important for our future success to not understand the rules that apply to it. The first three rules for winning in this age of hyper-digital transformation are: Advantages in speed, analytics and operational tempos must be captured by implementing an optimized information logistics system (OILS) Real-time operational tempos (IT, people and business processes) must be achieved Businesses that can "analyze data and act and with speed" will dominate those t...
Sep. 28, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,204