|By PR Newswire||
|April 8, 2014 05:11 PM EDT||
WEST POINT, NY, April 8, 2014 /CNW/ - The Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of Veterans Affairs, joined Veterans Affairs ministers and secretaries from Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States in West Point, New York, for the Ministerial Summit on Veterans' Affairs.
The theme of this year's summit is Improving the Physical, Psychological and Economic Well-Being of Service Members and Veterans from Military Service - A Holistic Approach. Participating officials discussed the importance of collaborative research in the areas of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), transition and employment initiatives, strategic communications, women's health and memorial affairs. Participants emphasized the importance of continuing collaborative efforts through information exchanges and research so agencies can continue to provide insight into the complex issues that face our Veterans and their families.
While at the Summit, Minister Fantino delivered a presentation highlighting the Veterans Hiring Act, recent legislation from the Government of Canada which offers preferential hiring to releasing members of the Canadian Armed Forces.
- The recently tabled Veterans Hiring Act will help move Veterans to the front of the line when it comes to hiring qualified Canadians for federal public service jobs.
- VAC provides on-site services to releasing CAF members on or near 24 major CF bases and wings across Canada.
- VAC offers case management services to assist CAF members, Veterans, RCMP Veterans and their families who may be finding it difficult to navigate a transition or change in their lives.
- There are integrated personnel support centres on most bases and wings across the country, where releasing CAF members can learn more about VAC's services and benefits.
- VAC is committed to helping Veterans find meaningful employment when they leave the military, through the Hire a Veteran initiative, its support to Helmets to Hardhats and new measures to make its vocational rehabilitation program more responsive and flexible for Veterans.
- The Ministerial Summit is an event held every 18-24 months and the objectives are to address challenges facing Veterans communities.
"No government in modern Canadian history has made a greater financial commitment for Veterans' services. Our record of leadership and support for Veterans is second to none. I valued the opportunity to share our success stories and to learn from my international counterparts."
The Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of Veterans Affairs
SOURCE Veterans Affairs Canada
Mar. 26, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,833
Mar. 26, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,148
Mar. 26, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,870
Mar. 26, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 709
Mar. 26, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,103
Mar. 26, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,689
Mar. 25, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,912
Mar. 25, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,615
Mar. 25, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,557
Mar. 25, 2017 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 5,973
Mar. 25, 2017 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,759
Mar. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,562
Mar. 25, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,935
Mar. 25, 2017 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 511
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle.
Mar. 25, 2017 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,831