|By PR Newswire||
|April 8, 2014 06:30 PM EDT||
- Across all 13 major award events to date, ETALK's coverage out-performed ET CANADA with total viewers and key demos A18-49, A25-54, and F25-54 -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/PNUe3M
TORONTO, April 8, 2014 /CNW/ - Following Sunday night's 49TH ANNUAL ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS and looking ahead to this weekend's MTV MOVIE AWARDS, the 2014 MUCHMUSIC VIDEO AWARDS, and more, ETALK continues to make history as the #1 Canadian entertainment brand and overwhelming Canadian choice for red carpet and post-awards show coverage. Across 13 major award shows and events this season, ETALK has consistently delivered more viewers than its Canadian competitor ET CANADA (Global) on every occasion, with total viewers and the key A18-49, A25-54, and F25-54 demos. From the EMMYs®, to THE OSCARS®, and the Canadian Screen Awards to THE JUNO AWARDS, BBM data confirms that for the 12th year in a row, ETALK remains the #1 Canadian daily entertainment show and is the destination viewers choose for post-awards show coverage.
** Media Note ** Download photos for ETALK at BellMediaPR.ca
"Without question, ETALK owns the red carpet at top tier events both here at home and around the world," said Morley Nirenberg, Director of Production/Executive Producer, ETALK. "For 12 seasons straight, ETALK continues to bring our loyal Canadian viewers an unparalleled post-awards show experience they have come to expect from the leading Canadian entertainment brand, and we are thankful for their continued support."
Below is a closer look at ETALK's awards season coverage to date (2013-2014):
- ETALK kicked-off awards season coverage with THE 65TH PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS® on Sept. 23, and garnered 38% more viewers than ET CANADA (661,000 vs. 480,000). ETALK also led ET CANADA by 63% in the key A25-54 demo (275,000 vs. 169,000).
- After the AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS were handed out, 39% more viewers tuned into ETALK (652,000) than ET CANADA (470,000) on Nov. 25. ETALK also led in the key A18-49 demo (+46%).
- Following GOLDEN GLOBE nominations on Dec. 12, 85% more viewers tuned into ETALK over ET CANADA (661,000 vs. 358,000) for highlights.
- ETALK is Canada's choice for coverage of the PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS on Jan. 9, delivering 25% more viewers than ET CANADA (656,000 vs. 525,000). ETALK also led in all key demos including A18-34 (+14%), A18-49 (+24%), and A25-54 (+51%).
- With its coveted second position on the red carpet and exclusive backstage lounge, ETALK provided exclusive coverage of THE 71st ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBE® AWARDS on Jan. 13, garnering 55% more viewers than ET CANADA (831,000 vs. 537,000), and leading in the key A18-34 (+24%), A18-49 (+41%), and A25-54 (+40%) demos. ETALK also led in the female demos F18-34 (+92%), F18-49 (+68%), and F25-54 (+26%).
- On OSCAR nomination day (Jan. 16), 31% more viewers tuned into ETALK over ET CANADA (553,000 vs. 421,000) for highlights. ETALK also led in the key A18-34 (+56%), A18-49 (+24%), and A25-54 (+45%) demos.
- Viewers chose ETALK for their CRITICS' CHOICE AWARDS coverage, with 31% more viewers choosing ETALK over ET CANADA (562,000 vs. 429,000). ETALK also led in the key A18-34 (+79%), A18-49 (+31%), and A25-54 (+40%) demos; as well as the female F18-34 (+55%), F18-49 (+36%), and F25-54 (+54%) demos.
- After the Screen Actors Guild Awards had been handed out, 15% more viewers turned to ETALK than ET CANADA on Jan. 20 (566,000 vs. 494,000).
- Music's biggest night saw 857,000 Canadians choose ETALK for its post-GRAMMY AWARDS® coverage on Feb. 27, 43% more than ET CANADA (601,000) - up 5% from last year. ETALK also led in all key adult and female demos: A18-34 (+70%), A18-49 (+32%), and A25-54 (+48%); and F18-34 (+85%), F18-49 (+38%), and F25-54 (+35%).
- Following Hollywood's biggest night, viewers chose ETALK (796,000) for its Canadian post-OSCAR® coverage March 3, 24% ahead of ET CANADA (644,000).
- Following Canadian film and TV's biggest night, 20% more viewers tuned into ETALK (653,000) for its unparalleled wall-to-wall coverage of the CANADIAN SCREEN AWARDS on March 10, than the actual award show broadcast itself. ETALK's coverage was also 47% ahead of ET CANADA's (443,000). ETALK also led in all key adult and female demos: A18-34 (+17%), A18-49 (+24%), A25-54 (+28%), F18-34 (+18%), F18-49 (+32%), and F25-54 (+21%).
- ETALK celebrated Canada's best in music with a post-JUNO AWARDS report on March 31 that garnered 34% more viewers than ET CANADA (576,000 vs. 430,000).
- Last night (April 7), ETALK celebrated the best in Country music with its coverage of the ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS, which garnered 38% more viewers than ET CANADA (597,000 vs. 433,000).
Awards season continues and the celebrating doesn't stop for ETALK, as the #1 Canadian entertainment team gets set to deliver wall-to-wall coverage of the 2014 MUCH MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS, Monday, June 16 at 7 p.m. ET on CTV and CTV GO.
ETALK airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET on CTV and CTV GO. ETALK is also available on demand following the television broadcast on CTV.ca and the CTV GO app.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
ETALK - @etalkCTV
Ben Mulroney - @BenMulroney
Tanya Kim - @Tanya_Kim
Danielle McGimsie - @MissDMcG
Lainey - @LaineyGossip
Traci Melchor - @stayfabulous
Devon Soltendieck - @DSoltendieck
Jessi Cruickshank - @JESSI
Hosted by Ben Mulroney and Tanya Kim, ETALK is the #1 most-watched entertainment newsmagazine in Canada. From the OSCARS® and the EMMYs® to the JUNO Awards, ETALK is front-and-centre, delivering up-to-the-minute news in film, television, music and more. Celebrating both home-grown talent and international stars, ETALK became Canada's first daily Canadian entertainment newsmagazine when it launched in 2002. ETALK airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET on CTV and CTV GO, 7:30 p.m. ET on CTV Two and CTV GO, and at 6 p.m. ET on E! (check local listings).
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 12 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: BBM Canada, includes preliminary overnight audiences.
Audiences prior to August 31, 2009 based on BBM Nielsen Media Research Mark II meters.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi, the leading provider the Internet of Things and Digital Transformation, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., offers an integrated portfolio of services and solutions that enable digital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics. We help globa...
Apr. 26, 2017 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,037
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in compute, storage and networking technologies, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/...
Apr. 26, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,118
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Apr. 26, 2017 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,271
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 26, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,056
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Apr. 26, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,216
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Apr. 26, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 447
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 26, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 493
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at Dell EMC, introduced a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organization...
Apr. 26, 2017 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 6,600
Developers want to create better apps faster. Static clouds are giving way to scalable systems, with dynamic resource allocation and application monitoring. You won't hear that chant from users on any picket line, but helping developers to create better apps faster is the mission of Lee Atchison, principal cloud architect and advocate at New Relic Inc., based in San Francisco. His singular job is to understand and drive the industry in the areas of cloud architecture, microservices, scalability ...
Apr. 26, 2017 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,460
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Apr. 26, 2017 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,012
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Apr. 26, 2017 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,447
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Apr. 26, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,316
Everyone wants to use containers, but monitoring containers is hard. New ephemeral architecture introduces new challenges in how monitoring tools need to monitor and visualize containers, so your team can make sense of everything. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, David Gildeh, co-founder and CEO of Outlyer, will go through the challenges and show there is light at the end of the tunnel if you use the right tools and understand what you need to be monitoring to successfully use containers in your...
Apr. 26, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,978
New competitors, disruptive technologies, and growing expectations are pushing every business to both adopt and deliver new digital services. This ‘Digital Transformation’ demands rapid delivery and continuous iteration of new competitive services via multiple channels, which in turn demands new service delivery techniques – including DevOps. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Co-Chair Andi Mann, panelists will examine how DevOps helps to meet th...
Apr. 26, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,325
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Apr. 26, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,009