|By PR Newswire||
|April 8, 2014 06:30 PM EDT||
- Across all 13 major award events to date, ETALK's coverage out-performed ET CANADA with total viewers and key demos A18-49, A25-54, and F25-54 -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/PNUe3M
TORONTO, April 8, 2014 /CNW/ - Following Sunday night's 49TH ANNUAL ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS and looking ahead to this weekend's MTV MOVIE AWARDS, the 2014 MUCHMUSIC VIDEO AWARDS, and more, ETALK continues to make history as the #1 Canadian entertainment brand and overwhelming Canadian choice for red carpet and post-awards show coverage. Across 13 major award shows and events this season, ETALK has consistently delivered more viewers than its Canadian competitor ET CANADA (Global) on every occasion, with total viewers and the key A18-49, A25-54, and F25-54 demos. From the EMMYs®, to THE OSCARS®, and the Canadian Screen Awards to THE JUNO AWARDS, BBM data confirms that for the 12th year in a row, ETALK remains the #1 Canadian daily entertainment show and is the destination viewers choose for post-awards show coverage.
** Media Note ** Download photos for ETALK at BellMediaPR.ca
"Without question, ETALK owns the red carpet at top tier events both here at home and around the world," said Morley Nirenberg, Director of Production/Executive Producer, ETALK. "For 12 seasons straight, ETALK continues to bring our loyal Canadian viewers an unparalleled post-awards show experience they have come to expect from the leading Canadian entertainment brand, and we are thankful for their continued support."
Below is a closer look at ETALK's awards season coverage to date (2013-2014):
- ETALK kicked-off awards season coverage with THE 65TH PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS® on Sept. 23, and garnered 38% more viewers than ET CANADA (661,000 vs. 480,000). ETALK also led ET CANADA by 63% in the key A25-54 demo (275,000 vs. 169,000).
- After the AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS were handed out, 39% more viewers tuned into ETALK (652,000) than ET CANADA (470,000) on Nov. 25. ETALK also led in the key A18-49 demo (+46%).
- Following GOLDEN GLOBE nominations on Dec. 12, 85% more viewers tuned into ETALK over ET CANADA (661,000 vs. 358,000) for highlights.
- ETALK is Canada's choice for coverage of the PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS on Jan. 9, delivering 25% more viewers than ET CANADA (656,000 vs. 525,000). ETALK also led in all key demos including A18-34 (+14%), A18-49 (+24%), and A25-54 (+51%).
- With its coveted second position on the red carpet and exclusive backstage lounge, ETALK provided exclusive coverage of THE 71st ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBE® AWARDS on Jan. 13, garnering 55% more viewers than ET CANADA (831,000 vs. 537,000), and leading in the key A18-34 (+24%), A18-49 (+41%), and A25-54 (+40%) demos. ETALK also led in the female demos F18-34 (+92%), F18-49 (+68%), and F25-54 (+26%).
- On OSCAR nomination day (Jan. 16), 31% more viewers tuned into ETALK over ET CANADA (553,000 vs. 421,000) for highlights. ETALK also led in the key A18-34 (+56%), A18-49 (+24%), and A25-54 (+45%) demos.
- Viewers chose ETALK for their CRITICS' CHOICE AWARDS coverage, with 31% more viewers choosing ETALK over ET CANADA (562,000 vs. 429,000). ETALK also led in the key A18-34 (+79%), A18-49 (+31%), and A25-54 (+40%) demos; as well as the female F18-34 (+55%), F18-49 (+36%), and F25-54 (+54%) demos.
- After the Screen Actors Guild Awards had been handed out, 15% more viewers turned to ETALK than ET CANADA on Jan. 20 (566,000 vs. 494,000).
- Music's biggest night saw 857,000 Canadians choose ETALK for its post-GRAMMY AWARDS® coverage on Feb. 27, 43% more than ET CANADA (601,000) - up 5% from last year. ETALK also led in all key adult and female demos: A18-34 (+70%), A18-49 (+32%), and A25-54 (+48%); and F18-34 (+85%), F18-49 (+38%), and F25-54 (+35%).
- Following Hollywood's biggest night, viewers chose ETALK (796,000) for its Canadian post-OSCAR® coverage March 3, 24% ahead of ET CANADA (644,000).
- Following Canadian film and TV's biggest night, 20% more viewers tuned into ETALK (653,000) for its unparalleled wall-to-wall coverage of the CANADIAN SCREEN AWARDS on March 10, than the actual award show broadcast itself. ETALK's coverage was also 47% ahead of ET CANADA's (443,000). ETALK also led in all key adult and female demos: A18-34 (+17%), A18-49 (+24%), A25-54 (+28%), F18-34 (+18%), F18-49 (+32%), and F25-54 (+21%).
- ETALK celebrated Canada's best in music with a post-JUNO AWARDS report on March 31 that garnered 34% more viewers than ET CANADA (576,000 vs. 430,000).
- Last night (April 7), ETALK celebrated the best in Country music with its coverage of the ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS, which garnered 38% more viewers than ET CANADA (597,000 vs. 433,000).
Awards season continues and the celebrating doesn't stop for ETALK, as the #1 Canadian entertainment team gets set to deliver wall-to-wall coverage of the 2014 MUCH MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS, Monday, June 16 at 7 p.m. ET on CTV and CTV GO.
ETALK airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET on CTV and CTV GO. ETALK is also available on demand following the television broadcast on CTV.ca and the CTV GO app.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
ETALK - @etalkCTV
Ben Mulroney - @BenMulroney
Tanya Kim - @Tanya_Kim
Danielle McGimsie - @MissDMcG
Lainey - @LaineyGossip
Traci Melchor - @stayfabulous
Devon Soltendieck - @DSoltendieck
Jessi Cruickshank - @JESSI
Hosted by Ben Mulroney and Tanya Kim, ETALK is the #1 most-watched entertainment newsmagazine in Canada. From the OSCARS® and the EMMYs® to the JUNO Awards, ETALK is front-and-centre, delivering up-to-the-minute news in film, television, music and more. Celebrating both home-grown talent and international stars, ETALK became Canada's first daily Canadian entertainment newsmagazine when it launched in 2002. ETALK airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET on CTV and CTV GO, 7:30 p.m. ET on CTV Two and CTV GO, and at 6 p.m. ET on E! (check local listings).
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 12 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: BBM Canada, includes preliminary overnight audiences.
Audiences prior to August 31, 2009 based on BBM Nielsen Media Research Mark II meters.
In the midst of the widespread popularity and adoption of cloud computing, it seems like everything is being offered “as a Service” these days: Infrastructure? Check. Platform? You bet. Software? Absolutely. Toaster? It’s only a matter of time. With service providers positioning vastly differing offerings under a generic “cloud” umbrella, it’s all too easy to get confused about what’s actually being offered. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Kevin Hazard, Director of Digital Content for SoftL...
Jul. 4, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,364
Live Webinar with 451 Research Analyst Peter Christy. Join us on Wednesday July 22, 2015, at 10 am PT / 1 pm ET In a world where users are on the Internet and the applications are in the cloud, how do you maintain your historic SLA with your users? Peter Christy, Research Director, Networks at 451 Research, will discuss this new network paradigm, one in which there is no LAN and no WAN, and discuss what users and network administrators gain and give up when migrating to the agile world of clo...
Jul. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 987
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises ar...
Jul. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 906
SYS-CON Events announced today that Harbinger Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Harbinger Systems is a global company providing software technology services. Since 1990, Harbinger has developed a strong customer base worldwide. Its customers include software product companies ranging from hi-tech start-ups in Silicon Valley to leading product companies in the US a...
Jul. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,878
Agile, which started in the development organization, has gradually expanded into other areas downstream - namely IT and Operations. Teams – then teams of teams – have streamlined processes, improved feedback loops and driven a much faster pace into IT departments which have had profound effects on the entire organization. In his session at DevOps Summit, Anders Wallgren, Chief Technology Officer of Electric Cloud, will discuss how DevOps and Continuous Delivery have emerged to help connect dev...
Jul. 4, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,231
"We help to transform an organization and their operations and make them more efficient, more agile, and more nimble to move into the cloud or to move between cloud providers and create an agnostic tool set," noted Jeremy Steinert, DevOps Services Practice Lead at WSM International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 4, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 895
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Infrastructure & Services will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS) is a managed services provider of cloud computing solutions for the IBM Power Systems market. The company helps mid-market firms built on IBM hardware platforms to deploy new levels of reliable and cost-effective computing and hig...
Jul. 4, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 956
"AgilData is the next generation of dbShards. It just adds a whole bunch more functionality to improve the developer experience," noted Dan Lynn, CEO of AgilData, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 4, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,013
"We have a tagline - "Power in the API Economy." What that means is everything that is built in applications and connected applications is done through APIs," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at Akana, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 4, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,254
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Jul. 4, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 944
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the ...
Jul. 4, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 878
"What Dyn is able to do with our Internet performance and our Internet intelligence is give companies visibility into what is actually going on in that cloud," noted Corey Hamilton, Product Marketing Manager at Dyn, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,004
The basic integration architecture, as defined by ESBs, hasn’t changed for more than a decade. Most cloud integration providers still rely on an ESB architecture and their proprietary connectors. As a result, enterprise integration projects suffer from constraints of availability and reliability of these connectors that are not re-usable across other integration vendors. However, the rapid adoption of APIs and almost ubiquitous availability of APIs amongst most SaaS and Cloud applications are ra...
Jul. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 937
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and Containers together help companies to achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of...
Jul. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,430
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect t...
Jul. 4, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,469