|By PR Newswire||
|April 8, 2014 06:30 PM EDT||
- Across all 13 major award events to date, ETALK's coverage out-performed ET CANADA with total viewers and key demos A18-49, A25-54, and F25-54 -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/PNUe3M
TORONTO, April 8, 2014 /CNW/ - Following Sunday night's 49TH ANNUAL ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS and looking ahead to this weekend's MTV MOVIE AWARDS, the 2014 MUCHMUSIC VIDEO AWARDS, and more, ETALK continues to make history as the #1 Canadian entertainment brand and overwhelming Canadian choice for red carpet and post-awards show coverage. Across 13 major award shows and events this season, ETALK has consistently delivered more viewers than its Canadian competitor ET CANADA (Global) on every occasion, with total viewers and the key A18-49, A25-54, and F25-54 demos. From the EMMYs®, to THE OSCARS®, and the Canadian Screen Awards to THE JUNO AWARDS, BBM data confirms that for the 12th year in a row, ETALK remains the #1 Canadian daily entertainment show and is the destination viewers choose for post-awards show coverage.
** Media Note ** Download photos for ETALK at BellMediaPR.ca
"Without question, ETALK owns the red carpet at top tier events both here at home and around the world," said Morley Nirenberg, Director of Production/Executive Producer, ETALK. "For 12 seasons straight, ETALK continues to bring our loyal Canadian viewers an unparalleled post-awards show experience they have come to expect from the leading Canadian entertainment brand, and we are thankful for their continued support."
Below is a closer look at ETALK's awards season coverage to date (2013-2014):
- ETALK kicked-off awards season coverage with THE 65TH PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS® on Sept. 23, and garnered 38% more viewers than ET CANADA (661,000 vs. 480,000). ETALK also led ET CANADA by 63% in the key A25-54 demo (275,000 vs. 169,000).
- After the AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS were handed out, 39% more viewers tuned into ETALK (652,000) than ET CANADA (470,000) on Nov. 25. ETALK also led in the key A18-49 demo (+46%).
- Following GOLDEN GLOBE nominations on Dec. 12, 85% more viewers tuned into ETALK over ET CANADA (661,000 vs. 358,000) for highlights.
- ETALK is Canada's choice for coverage of the PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS on Jan. 9, delivering 25% more viewers than ET CANADA (656,000 vs. 525,000). ETALK also led in all key demos including A18-34 (+14%), A18-49 (+24%), and A25-54 (+51%).
- With its coveted second position on the red carpet and exclusive backstage lounge, ETALK provided exclusive coverage of THE 71st ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBE® AWARDS on Jan. 13, garnering 55% more viewers than ET CANADA (831,000 vs. 537,000), and leading in the key A18-34 (+24%), A18-49 (+41%), and A25-54 (+40%) demos. ETALK also led in the female demos F18-34 (+92%), F18-49 (+68%), and F25-54 (+26%).
- On OSCAR nomination day (Jan. 16), 31% more viewers tuned into ETALK over ET CANADA (553,000 vs. 421,000) for highlights. ETALK also led in the key A18-34 (+56%), A18-49 (+24%), and A25-54 (+45%) demos.
- Viewers chose ETALK for their CRITICS' CHOICE AWARDS coverage, with 31% more viewers choosing ETALK over ET CANADA (562,000 vs. 429,000). ETALK also led in the key A18-34 (+79%), A18-49 (+31%), and A25-54 (+40%) demos; as well as the female F18-34 (+55%), F18-49 (+36%), and F25-54 (+54%) demos.
- After the Screen Actors Guild Awards had been handed out, 15% more viewers turned to ETALK than ET CANADA on Jan. 20 (566,000 vs. 494,000).
- Music's biggest night saw 857,000 Canadians choose ETALK for its post-GRAMMY AWARDS® coverage on Feb. 27, 43% more than ET CANADA (601,000) - up 5% from last year. ETALK also led in all key adult and female demos: A18-34 (+70%), A18-49 (+32%), and A25-54 (+48%); and F18-34 (+85%), F18-49 (+38%), and F25-54 (+35%).
- Following Hollywood's biggest night, viewers chose ETALK (796,000) for its Canadian post-OSCAR® coverage March 3, 24% ahead of ET CANADA (644,000).
- Following Canadian film and TV's biggest night, 20% more viewers tuned into ETALK (653,000) for its unparalleled wall-to-wall coverage of the CANADIAN SCREEN AWARDS on March 10, than the actual award show broadcast itself. ETALK's coverage was also 47% ahead of ET CANADA's (443,000). ETALK also led in all key adult and female demos: A18-34 (+17%), A18-49 (+24%), A25-54 (+28%), F18-34 (+18%), F18-49 (+32%), and F25-54 (+21%).
- ETALK celebrated Canada's best in music with a post-JUNO AWARDS report on March 31 that garnered 34% more viewers than ET CANADA (576,000 vs. 430,000).
- Last night (April 7), ETALK celebrated the best in Country music with its coverage of the ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS, which garnered 38% more viewers than ET CANADA (597,000 vs. 433,000).
Awards season continues and the celebrating doesn't stop for ETALK, as the #1 Canadian entertainment team gets set to deliver wall-to-wall coverage of the 2014 MUCH MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS, Monday, June 16 at 7 p.m. ET on CTV and CTV GO.
ETALK airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET on CTV and CTV GO. ETALK is also available on demand following the television broadcast on CTV.ca and the CTV GO app.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
ETALK - @etalkCTV
Ben Mulroney - @BenMulroney
Tanya Kim - @Tanya_Kim
Danielle McGimsie - @MissDMcG
Lainey - @LaineyGossip
Traci Melchor - @stayfabulous
Devon Soltendieck - @DSoltendieck
Jessi Cruickshank - @JESSI
Hosted by Ben Mulroney and Tanya Kim, ETALK is the #1 most-watched entertainment newsmagazine in Canada. From the OSCARS® and the EMMYs® to the JUNO Awards, ETALK is front-and-centre, delivering up-to-the-minute news in film, television, music and more. Celebrating both home-grown talent and international stars, ETALK became Canada's first daily Canadian entertainment newsmagazine when it launched in 2002. ETALK airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET on CTV and CTV GO, 7:30 p.m. ET on CTV Two and CTV GO, and at 6 p.m. ET on E! (check local listings).
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 12 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: BBM Canada, includes preliminary overnight audiences.
Audiences prior to August 31, 2009 based on BBM Nielsen Media Research Mark II meters.
DevOps Summit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development...
Sep. 4, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,650
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Sep. 4, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 447
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, will discuss how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a prac...
Sep. 4, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 281
SYS-CON Events announced today that DataClear Inc. will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The DataClear ‘BlackBox’ is the only solution that moves your PC, browsing and data out of the United States and away from prying (and spying) eyes. Its solution automatically builds you a clean, on-demand, virus free, new virtual cloud based PC outside of the United States, and wipes it clean...
Sep. 4, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 502
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Sep. 4, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 532
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as...
Sep. 4, 2015 04:00 PM EDT
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, will discuss how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the ...
Sep. 4, 2015 04:00 PM EDT
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing thes...
Sep. 4, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 145
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Sep. 4, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 544
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 4, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 979
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Sep. 4, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 469
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Sep. 4, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 227
To assist customers with legacy Windows Server 2003 that is no longer supported by Microsoft, Racemi has introduced fixed price packages for upgrading and migrating Windows Server 2003 servers to either Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 2012 R2 and the choice of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or SoftLayer cloud. "We're extending a lifeline by upgrading the legacy servers to more modern Windows Server platforms while taking advantage of cloud computing," said James Strayer, vice president of product managem...
Sep. 4, 2015 02:12 PM EDT
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and e...
Sep. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 235
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Sep. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 271