|By PR Newswire||
|April 8, 2014 06:30 PM EDT||
- Across all 13 major award events to date, ETALK's coverage out-performed ET CANADA with total viewers and key demos A18-49, A25-54, and F25-54 -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/PNUe3M
TORONTO, April 8, 2014 /CNW/ - Following Sunday night's 49TH ANNUAL ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS and looking ahead to this weekend's MTV MOVIE AWARDS, the 2014 MUCHMUSIC VIDEO AWARDS, and more, ETALK continues to make history as the #1 Canadian entertainment brand and overwhelming Canadian choice for red carpet and post-awards show coverage. Across 13 major award shows and events this season, ETALK has consistently delivered more viewers than its Canadian competitor ET CANADA (Global) on every occasion, with total viewers and the key A18-49, A25-54, and F25-54 demos. From the EMMYs®, to THE OSCARS®, and the Canadian Screen Awards to THE JUNO AWARDS, BBM data confirms that for the 12th year in a row, ETALK remains the #1 Canadian daily entertainment show and is the destination viewers choose for post-awards show coverage.
** Media Note ** Download photos for ETALK at BellMediaPR.ca
"Without question, ETALK owns the red carpet at top tier events both here at home and around the world," said Morley Nirenberg, Director of Production/Executive Producer, ETALK. "For 12 seasons straight, ETALK continues to bring our loyal Canadian viewers an unparalleled post-awards show experience they have come to expect from the leading Canadian entertainment brand, and we are thankful for their continued support."
Below is a closer look at ETALK's awards season coverage to date (2013-2014):
- ETALK kicked-off awards season coverage with THE 65TH PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS® on Sept. 23, and garnered 38% more viewers than ET CANADA (661,000 vs. 480,000). ETALK also led ET CANADA by 63% in the key A25-54 demo (275,000 vs. 169,000).
- After the AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS were handed out, 39% more viewers tuned into ETALK (652,000) than ET CANADA (470,000) on Nov. 25. ETALK also led in the key A18-49 demo (+46%).
- Following GOLDEN GLOBE nominations on Dec. 12, 85% more viewers tuned into ETALK over ET CANADA (661,000 vs. 358,000) for highlights.
- ETALK is Canada's choice for coverage of the PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS on Jan. 9, delivering 25% more viewers than ET CANADA (656,000 vs. 525,000). ETALK also led in all key demos including A18-34 (+14%), A18-49 (+24%), and A25-54 (+51%).
- With its coveted second position on the red carpet and exclusive backstage lounge, ETALK provided exclusive coverage of THE 71st ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBE® AWARDS on Jan. 13, garnering 55% more viewers than ET CANADA (831,000 vs. 537,000), and leading in the key A18-34 (+24%), A18-49 (+41%), and A25-54 (+40%) demos. ETALK also led in the female demos F18-34 (+92%), F18-49 (+68%), and F25-54 (+26%).
- On OSCAR nomination day (Jan. 16), 31% more viewers tuned into ETALK over ET CANADA (553,000 vs. 421,000) for highlights. ETALK also led in the key A18-34 (+56%), A18-49 (+24%), and A25-54 (+45%) demos.
- Viewers chose ETALK for their CRITICS' CHOICE AWARDS coverage, with 31% more viewers choosing ETALK over ET CANADA (562,000 vs. 429,000). ETALK also led in the key A18-34 (+79%), A18-49 (+31%), and A25-54 (+40%) demos; as well as the female F18-34 (+55%), F18-49 (+36%), and F25-54 (+54%) demos.
- After the Screen Actors Guild Awards had been handed out, 15% more viewers turned to ETALK than ET CANADA on Jan. 20 (566,000 vs. 494,000).
- Music's biggest night saw 857,000 Canadians choose ETALK for its post-GRAMMY AWARDS® coverage on Feb. 27, 43% more than ET CANADA (601,000) - up 5% from last year. ETALK also led in all key adult and female demos: A18-34 (+70%), A18-49 (+32%), and A25-54 (+48%); and F18-34 (+85%), F18-49 (+38%), and F25-54 (+35%).
- Following Hollywood's biggest night, viewers chose ETALK (796,000) for its Canadian post-OSCAR® coverage March 3, 24% ahead of ET CANADA (644,000).
- Following Canadian film and TV's biggest night, 20% more viewers tuned into ETALK (653,000) for its unparalleled wall-to-wall coverage of the CANADIAN SCREEN AWARDS on March 10, than the actual award show broadcast itself. ETALK's coverage was also 47% ahead of ET CANADA's (443,000). ETALK also led in all key adult and female demos: A18-34 (+17%), A18-49 (+24%), A25-54 (+28%), F18-34 (+18%), F18-49 (+32%), and F25-54 (+21%).
- ETALK celebrated Canada's best in music with a post-JUNO AWARDS report on March 31 that garnered 34% more viewers than ET CANADA (576,000 vs. 430,000).
- Last night (April 7), ETALK celebrated the best in Country music with its coverage of the ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS, which garnered 38% more viewers than ET CANADA (597,000 vs. 433,000).
Awards season continues and the celebrating doesn't stop for ETALK, as the #1 Canadian entertainment team gets set to deliver wall-to-wall coverage of the 2014 MUCH MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS, Monday, June 16 at 7 p.m. ET on CTV and CTV GO.
ETALK airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET on CTV and CTV GO. ETALK is also available on demand following the television broadcast on CTV.ca and the CTV GO app.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
ETALK - @etalkCTV
Ben Mulroney - @BenMulroney
Tanya Kim - @Tanya_Kim
Danielle McGimsie - @MissDMcG
Lainey - @LaineyGossip
Traci Melchor - @stayfabulous
Devon Soltendieck - @DSoltendieck
Jessi Cruickshank - @JESSI
Hosted by Ben Mulroney and Tanya Kim, ETALK is the #1 most-watched entertainment newsmagazine in Canada. From the OSCARS® and the EMMYs® to the JUNO Awards, ETALK is front-and-centre, delivering up-to-the-minute news in film, television, music and more. Celebrating both home-grown talent and international stars, ETALK became Canada's first daily Canadian entertainment newsmagazine when it launched in 2002. ETALK airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET on CTV and CTV GO, 7:30 p.m. ET on CTV Two and CTV GO, and at 6 p.m. ET on E! (check local listings).
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 12 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: BBM Canada, includes preliminary overnight audiences.
Audiences prior to August 31, 2009 based on BBM Nielsen Media Research Mark II meters.
May. 26, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,026
May. 26, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,880
May. 26, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,535
May. 26, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,338
May. 26, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,998
May. 26, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,238
May. 26, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,852
May. 26, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,258
May. 26, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,079
May. 26, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,120
May. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,113
May. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,063
May. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,300
May. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,226
May. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,320