|By PR Newswire||
|April 10, 2014 01:01 AM EDT||
LONDON, April 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
The first Geospatial Intelligence for Maritime Operations conference brochure has been released and is set to commence on the 24th June 2014. The conference welcomes key members of the Maritime, Port and Geospatial communities across Europe to share best practice and explore how Geospatial Intelligence will be utilised at the strategic and operational levels.
Delegates will benefit from hearing from key speakers such as:
- Hugo De Groof, INSPIRE Policy officer, European Commission, Directorate-General Environment, Governance, Information & Reporting Unit
- John Erik Hagen, Chairman of the e-Navigation Correspondence Group, International Maritime Organisation
- Captain Ben van Scherpenzeel, Director Nautical, Developments, Policy and Plans, Port of Rotterdam
- Christine Trickett, Senior Product Manager, Admiralty Nautical Products and Services, UK Hydrographic Office
- Jorge Martín Díaz de Espada, Operations - Health, Safety, Security & Procurement Manager, NoatumPorts & Maritime
- Manlio Oddone, Maritime Security Centre, Scientist,, NATO Centre for, Maritime Research and Experimentation
This diverse and interactive symposium will explore:
- Interoperability: Reducing bureaucracy and duplication, sharing information and shortening incident response times.
- Regulations: Exploring the European Commission Proposal May 2013: "Establishing a framework on market access to port services and financial transparency of ports." And ISPS. How Geospatial Intelligence provides a cost effective solution to meet these.
- Security: Sharing intelligence to identify crimes sooner and understanding behavioural patterns onsite to detect irregularities.
To learn more about the conference, please download the brochure here http://bit.ly/1g7TNel
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 488
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 532
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,986
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 752
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,757
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,618
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 448
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,478
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,025
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 562
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 236
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 242
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT de...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,296
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Sep. 30, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,353
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Sep. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,225