|By Marketwired .||
|April 10, 2014 03:41 PM EDT||
OVERLAND PARK, KS -- (Marketwired) -- 04/10/14 -- FireMon, the leading provider of proactive security intelligence solutions, today announced its strongest first quarter business performance in company history. Fueled by robust growth across the board that included a 123% increase in quarter-over-quarter sales, FireMon is the only company offering high-performance, massively scalable, network security intelligence solutions that integrate both security risk assessment and security infrastructure management. First quarter 2014 highlights include:
- 123 percent sales growth compared to Q1 2013 due to new customer acquisition, global markets expansion, and repeat purchases by customers expanding defense automation
- 26 percent employee growth to satisfy unprecedented worldwide demand, with key company additions in sales, marketing, engineering and customer support
- Doubled the size of the North American sales force by adding sales veterans in New England, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, Rocky Mountains, California, and Canada
- Engaged with more than 50 federal agencies participating in the $6 billion Department of Homeland Security Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program
"Securing large networks continues to be a daunting task, as major data breaches in recent headlines confirm," said Jody Brazil, President and CTO of FireMon. "The world's leading enterprises, government agencies and MSSPs trust our people, technology and platform to provide them with the real-time visibility and intelligence needed to proactively automate and fortify their network defenses. We are committed to helping IT security teams answer 'Yes' to their most critical cybersecurity question: 'Are we more secure today than we were yesterday?'"
- 45 percent growth in new account wins compared to Q1 2013, including Frontier Airlines, Michaels Stores, Nuveen, Sony Music Entertainment, The Jones Group, and World Bank in North America; and Aguas Andinas, CODELCO, Genpact, Meritz, and Mindray Medical in EMEA, APAC and LATAM
- 54 percent of FireMon customers worldwide reported payback on their investment in 12 months or less, according research by customer evidence expert TechValidate
- Firewall rule reduction of 50 percent or more was achieved by 17 percent of FireMon customers, while 40 percent of FireMon customers saw reductions of 25 percent or more
- 16 customer case studies document the challenges, use cases and results delivered by FireMon solutions in the banking, chemical, energy, healthcare, government, hospitality, pharmaceutical, transportation, and utility sectors
"We grew our FireMon business more than 400 percent in the first quarter of 2014," said Dan Wilson, SVP of Partner Solutions at Accuvant, a nationwide U.S. security solution provider. "We expect this growth to continue based on strong demand from our customers and FireMon's continued innovation and industry leadership."
- Over 100 percent growth in quarter-over-quarter sales by channel partners worldwide, with market coverage investments completed in Singapore, Australia, Brazil and Mexico
- Engaged Federal expert immixGroup to supply Security Manager and Risk Analyzer via their GSA Schedule, easing DHS CDM solution procurement for federal agencies
- Partnered with DHS CDM prime contractors Lockheed Martin and SRA International to deliver Continuous Monitoring as a Service (CMaaS) to federal sector organizations
- Secured third straight CRN Channel Chief award for Vice President of Channels Todd DeBell, who has established FireMon as a leading edge, channel-focused business
- Achieved second consecutive CRN 5-Star rating for the Ignite Channel Partner Program, which delivers qualified leads, effective training and profitable deal registration programs
Industry Leadership and Partnerships
- Demonstrated automated firewall, router and switch device management, and continuous compliance assessment, at the CiscoLive user conference in Barcelona and Melbourne
- Detailed best practices for migrating network defenses to next-generation firewalls with a case study by a global engineering firm at the Palo Alto Networks Ignite user conference
- Led "Security Metrics - Which Matter, Which Can You Measure?" executive session at RSA Conference 2014, which shared metrics-based security models and processes
FireMon is the industry leader in proactive security intelligence solutions for large organizations that deliver continuous control of infrastructure, policy and IT risk. The FireMon Security Intelligence Platform is a massively scalable, high-performance foundation for network risk detection, change workflow automation, firewall rule base clean-up, compliance audit assessment and security operations cost reduction. For more information, visit http://www.firemon.com.
For more information, please contact:
CHEN PR, Inc.
The revocation of Safe Harbor has radically affected data sovereignty strategy in the cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Jeff Miller, Product Management at Cavirin Systems, discussed how to assess these changes across your own cloud strategy, and how you can mitigate risks previously covered under the agreement.
Nov. 30, 2015 06:30 PM EST
Countless business models have spawned from the IaaS industry – resell Web hosting, blogs, public cloud, and on and on. With the overwhelming amount of tools available to us, it's sometimes easy to overlook that many of them are just new skins of resources we've had for a long time. In his general session at 17th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Sr. Software Architect at SoftLayer, an IBM Company, broke down what we have to work with, discussed the benefits and pitfalls and how we can best use them ...
Nov. 30, 2015 03:45 PM EST
Most of the IoT Gateway scenarios involve collecting data from machines/processing and pushing data upstream to cloud for further analytics. The gateway hardware varies from Raspberry Pi to Industrial PCs. The document states the process of allowing deploying polyglot data pipelining software with the clear notion of supporting immutability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Shashank Jain, a development architect for SAP Labs, discussed the objective, which is to automate the IoT deployment proces...
Nov. 30, 2015 03:30 PM EST
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 30, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 242
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 30, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 492
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 30, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 366
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 430
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 434
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 537
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 342
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Nov. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 289
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 219
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and t...
Nov. 30, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 462
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Nov. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EST Reads: 354
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Nov. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 292