|By Marketwired .||
|April 10, 2014 03:41 PM EDT||
OVERLAND PARK, KS -- (Marketwired) -- 04/10/14 -- FireMon, the leading provider of proactive security intelligence solutions, today announced its strongest first quarter business performance in company history. Fueled by robust growth across the board that included a 123% increase in quarter-over-quarter sales, FireMon is the only company offering high-performance, massively scalable, network security intelligence solutions that integrate both security risk assessment and security infrastructure management. First quarter 2014 highlights include:
- 123 percent sales growth compared to Q1 2013 due to new customer acquisition, global markets expansion, and repeat purchases by customers expanding defense automation
- 26 percent employee growth to satisfy unprecedented worldwide demand, with key company additions in sales, marketing, engineering and customer support
- Doubled the size of the North American sales force by adding sales veterans in New England, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, Rocky Mountains, California, and Canada
- Engaged with more than 50 federal agencies participating in the $6 billion Department of Homeland Security Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program
"Securing large networks continues to be a daunting task, as major data breaches in recent headlines confirm," said Jody Brazil, President and CTO of FireMon. "The world's leading enterprises, government agencies and MSSPs trust our people, technology and platform to provide them with the real-time visibility and intelligence needed to proactively automate and fortify their network defenses. We are committed to helping IT security teams answer 'Yes' to their most critical cybersecurity question: 'Are we more secure today than we were yesterday?'"
- 45 percent growth in new account wins compared to Q1 2013, including Frontier Airlines, Michaels Stores, Nuveen, Sony Music Entertainment, The Jones Group, and World Bank in North America; and Aguas Andinas, CODELCO, Genpact, Meritz, and Mindray Medical in EMEA, APAC and LATAM
- 54 percent of FireMon customers worldwide reported payback on their investment in 12 months or less, according research by customer evidence expert TechValidate
- Firewall rule reduction of 50 percent or more was achieved by 17 percent of FireMon customers, while 40 percent of FireMon customers saw reductions of 25 percent or more
- 16 customer case studies document the challenges, use cases and results delivered by FireMon solutions in the banking, chemical, energy, healthcare, government, hospitality, pharmaceutical, transportation, and utility sectors
"We grew our FireMon business more than 400 percent in the first quarter of 2014," said Dan Wilson, SVP of Partner Solutions at Accuvant, a nationwide U.S. security solution provider. "We expect this growth to continue based on strong demand from our customers and FireMon's continued innovation and industry leadership."
- Over 100 percent growth in quarter-over-quarter sales by channel partners worldwide, with market coverage investments completed in Singapore, Australia, Brazil and Mexico
- Engaged Federal expert immixGroup to supply Security Manager and Risk Analyzer via their GSA Schedule, easing DHS CDM solution procurement for federal agencies
- Partnered with DHS CDM prime contractors Lockheed Martin and SRA International to deliver Continuous Monitoring as a Service (CMaaS) to federal sector organizations
- Secured third straight CRN Channel Chief award for Vice President of Channels Todd DeBell, who has established FireMon as a leading edge, channel-focused business
- Achieved second consecutive CRN 5-Star rating for the Ignite Channel Partner Program, which delivers qualified leads, effective training and profitable deal registration programs
Industry Leadership and Partnerships
- Demonstrated automated firewall, router and switch device management, and continuous compliance assessment, at the CiscoLive user conference in Barcelona and Melbourne
- Detailed best practices for migrating network defenses to next-generation firewalls with a case study by a global engineering firm at the Palo Alto Networks Ignite user conference
- Led "Security Metrics - Which Matter, Which Can You Measure?" executive session at RSA Conference 2014, which shared metrics-based security models and processes
FireMon is the industry leader in proactive security intelligence solutions for large organizations that deliver continuous control of infrastructure, policy and IT risk. The FireMon Security Intelligence Platform is a massively scalable, high-performance foundation for network risk detection, change workflow automation, firewall rule base clean-up, compliance audit assessment and security operations cost reduction. For more information, visit http://www.firemon.com.
For more information, please contact:
CHEN PR, Inc.
Dec. 10, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,019
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,006
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, provideed economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session also included a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Dec. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 658
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal...
Dec. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 690
Infrastructure is widely available, but who’s managing inbound/outbound traffic? Data is created, stored, and managed online – who is protecting it and how? In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Jaeson Yoo, SVP of Business Development at Penta Security Systems Inc., discussed how to keep any and all infrastructure clean, safe, and efficient by monitoring and filtering all malicious HTTP/HTTPS traffic at the OSI Layer 7. Stop attacks and web intruders before they can enter your network.
Dec. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 487
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Dec. 10, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 1,048
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2017 New York The 7th Internet of @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. Chris Matthieu is the co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, a revolutionary real-time IoT platform recently acquired by Citrix. Octoblu connects things, systems, people and clouds to a global mesh network allowing users to automate and control design flo...
Dec. 10, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 905
Unsecured IoT devices were used to launch crippling DDOS attacks in October 2016, targeting services such as Twitter, Spotify, and GitHub. Subsequent testimony to Congress about potential attacks on office buildings, schools, and hospitals raised the possibility for the IoT to harm and even kill people. What should be done? Does the government need to intervene? This panel at @ThingExpo New York brings together leading IoT and security experts to discuss this very serious topic.
Dec. 10, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 630
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 10, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,081
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lead...
Dec. 10, 2016 09:45 AM EST Reads: 635
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 1,088
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 10, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,784
Kubernetes is a new and revolutionary open-sourced system for managing containers across multiple hosts in a cluster. Ansible is a simple IT automation tool for just about any requirement for reproducible environments. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Patrick Galbraith, a principal engineer at HPE, discussed how to build a fully functional Kubernetes cluster on a number of virtual machines or bare-metal hosts. Also included will be a brief demonstration of running a Galera MyS...
Dec. 10, 2016 08:45 AM EST Reads: 5,481
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Dec. 10, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 1,509
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,264