|By Marketwired .||
|April 10, 2014 03:41 PM EDT||
OVERLAND PARK, KS -- (Marketwired) -- 04/10/14 -- FireMon, the leading provider of proactive security intelligence solutions, today announced its strongest first quarter business performance in company history. Fueled by robust growth across the board that included a 123% increase in quarter-over-quarter sales, FireMon is the only company offering high-performance, massively scalable, network security intelligence solutions that integrate both security risk assessment and security infrastructure management. First quarter 2014 highlights include:
- 123 percent sales growth compared to Q1 2013 due to new customer acquisition, global markets expansion, and repeat purchases by customers expanding defense automation
- 26 percent employee growth to satisfy unprecedented worldwide demand, with key company additions in sales, marketing, engineering and customer support
- Doubled the size of the North American sales force by adding sales veterans in New England, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, Rocky Mountains, California, and Canada
- Engaged with more than 50 federal agencies participating in the $6 billion Department of Homeland Security Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program
"Securing large networks continues to be a daunting task, as major data breaches in recent headlines confirm," said Jody Brazil, President and CTO of FireMon. "The world's leading enterprises, government agencies and MSSPs trust our people, technology and platform to provide them with the real-time visibility and intelligence needed to proactively automate and fortify their network defenses. We are committed to helping IT security teams answer 'Yes' to their most critical cybersecurity question: 'Are we more secure today than we were yesterday?'"
- 45 percent growth in new account wins compared to Q1 2013, including Frontier Airlines, Michaels Stores, Nuveen, Sony Music Entertainment, The Jones Group, and World Bank in North America; and Aguas Andinas, CODELCO, Genpact, Meritz, and Mindray Medical in EMEA, APAC and LATAM
- 54 percent of FireMon customers worldwide reported payback on their investment in 12 months or less, according research by customer evidence expert TechValidate
- Firewall rule reduction of 50 percent or more was achieved by 17 percent of FireMon customers, while 40 percent of FireMon customers saw reductions of 25 percent or more
- 16 customer case studies document the challenges, use cases and results delivered by FireMon solutions in the banking, chemical, energy, healthcare, government, hospitality, pharmaceutical, transportation, and utility sectors
"We grew our FireMon business more than 400 percent in the first quarter of 2014," said Dan Wilson, SVP of Partner Solutions at Accuvant, a nationwide U.S. security solution provider. "We expect this growth to continue based on strong demand from our customers and FireMon's continued innovation and industry leadership."
- Over 100 percent growth in quarter-over-quarter sales by channel partners worldwide, with market coverage investments completed in Singapore, Australia, Brazil and Mexico
- Engaged Federal expert immixGroup to supply Security Manager and Risk Analyzer via their GSA Schedule, easing DHS CDM solution procurement for federal agencies
- Partnered with DHS CDM prime contractors Lockheed Martin and SRA International to deliver Continuous Monitoring as a Service (CMaaS) to federal sector organizations
- Secured third straight CRN Channel Chief award for Vice President of Channels Todd DeBell, who has established FireMon as a leading edge, channel-focused business
- Achieved second consecutive CRN 5-Star rating for the Ignite Channel Partner Program, which delivers qualified leads, effective training and profitable deal registration programs
Industry Leadership and Partnerships
- Demonstrated automated firewall, router and switch device management, and continuous compliance assessment, at the CiscoLive user conference in Barcelona and Melbourne
- Detailed best practices for migrating network defenses to next-generation firewalls with a case study by a global engineering firm at the Palo Alto Networks Ignite user conference
- Led "Security Metrics - Which Matter, Which Can You Measure?" executive session at RSA Conference 2014, which shared metrics-based security models and processes
FireMon is the industry leader in proactive security intelligence solutions for large organizations that deliver continuous control of infrastructure, policy and IT risk. The FireMon Security Intelligence Platform is a massively scalable, high-performance foundation for network risk detection, change workflow automation, firewall rule base clean-up, compliance audit assessment and security operations cost reduction. For more information, visit http://www.firemon.com.
For more information, please contact:
CHEN PR, Inc.
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, will discuss how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the ...
Sep. 5, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 118
Even though you are running an agile development process, that doesn’t necessarily mean that your performance testing is being conducted in a truly agile way. Saving performance testing for a “final sprint” before release still treats it like a waterfall development step, with all the cost and risk that comes with that. In this post, we will show you how to make load testing happen early and often by putting SLAs on the agile task board.
Sep. 5, 2015 07:00 AM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on...
Sep. 5, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 442
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Sep. 5, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 515
It’s been proven time and time again that in tech, diversity drives greater innovation, better team productivity and greater profits and market share. So what can we do in our DevOps teams to embrace diversity and help transform the culture of development and operations into a true “DevOps” team? In her session at DevOps Summit, Stefana Muller, Director, Product Management – Continuous Delivery at CA Technologies, answered that question citing examples, showing how to create opportunities for ...
Sep. 5, 2015 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 550
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Sep. 5, 2015 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,725
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 5, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 145
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Sep. 5, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 140
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as...
Sep. 5, 2015 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 146
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so the...
Sep. 5, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 295
ElasticBox, the agile application delivery manager, announced freely available public boxes for the DevOps community. ElasticBox works with enterprises to help them deploy any application to any cloud. Public boxes are curated reference boxes that represent some of the most popular applications and tools for orchestrating deployments at scale. Boxes are an adaptive way to represent reusable infrastructure as components of code. Boxes contain scripts, variables, and metadata to automate proces...
Sep. 5, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 155
To assist customers with legacy Windows Server 2003 that is no longer supported by Microsoft, Racemi has introduced fixed price packages for upgrading and migrating Windows Server 2003 servers to either Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 2012 R2 and the choice of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or SoftLayer cloud. "We're extending a lifeline by upgrading the legacy servers to more modern Windows Server platforms while taking advantage of cloud computing," said James Strayer, vice president of product managem...
Sep. 5, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 119
To support developers and operations professionals in their push to implement DevOps principles for their infrastructure environments, ProfitBricks, a provider of cloud infrastructure, is adding support for DevOps tools Ansible and Chef. Ansible is a platform for configuring and managing data center infrastructure that combines multi-node software deployment, ad hoc task execution, and configuration management, and is used by DevOps professionals as they use its playbooks functionality to autom...
Sep. 5, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 158
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, discussed why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices rathe...
Sep. 5, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 467
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 5, 2015 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,007