|By Marketwired .||
|April 10, 2014 03:41 PM EDT||
OVERLAND PARK, KS -- (Marketwired) -- 04/10/14 -- FireMon, the leading provider of proactive security intelligence solutions, today announced its strongest first quarter business performance in company history. Fueled by robust growth across the board that included a 123% increase in quarter-over-quarter sales, FireMon is the only company offering high-performance, massively scalable, network security intelligence solutions that integrate both security risk assessment and security infrastructure management. First quarter 2014 highlights include:
- 123 percent sales growth compared to Q1 2013 due to new customer acquisition, global markets expansion, and repeat purchases by customers expanding defense automation
- 26 percent employee growth to satisfy unprecedented worldwide demand, with key company additions in sales, marketing, engineering and customer support
- Doubled the size of the North American sales force by adding sales veterans in New England, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, Rocky Mountains, California, and Canada
- Engaged with more than 50 federal agencies participating in the $6 billion Department of Homeland Security Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program
"Securing large networks continues to be a daunting task, as major data breaches in recent headlines confirm," said Jody Brazil, President and CTO of FireMon. "The world's leading enterprises, government agencies and MSSPs trust our people, technology and platform to provide them with the real-time visibility and intelligence needed to proactively automate and fortify their network defenses. We are committed to helping IT security teams answer 'Yes' to their most critical cybersecurity question: 'Are we more secure today than we were yesterday?'"
- 45 percent growth in new account wins compared to Q1 2013, including Frontier Airlines, Michaels Stores, Nuveen, Sony Music Entertainment, The Jones Group, and World Bank in North America; and Aguas Andinas, CODELCO, Genpact, Meritz, and Mindray Medical in EMEA, APAC and LATAM
- 54 percent of FireMon customers worldwide reported payback on their investment in 12 months or less, according research by customer evidence expert TechValidate
- Firewall rule reduction of 50 percent or more was achieved by 17 percent of FireMon customers, while 40 percent of FireMon customers saw reductions of 25 percent or more
- 16 customer case studies document the challenges, use cases and results delivered by FireMon solutions in the banking, chemical, energy, healthcare, government, hospitality, pharmaceutical, transportation, and utility sectors
"We grew our FireMon business more than 400 percent in the first quarter of 2014," said Dan Wilson, SVP of Partner Solutions at Accuvant, a nationwide U.S. security solution provider. "We expect this growth to continue based on strong demand from our customers and FireMon's continued innovation and industry leadership."
- Over 100 percent growth in quarter-over-quarter sales by channel partners worldwide, with market coverage investments completed in Singapore, Australia, Brazil and Mexico
- Engaged Federal expert immixGroup to supply Security Manager and Risk Analyzer via their GSA Schedule, easing DHS CDM solution procurement for federal agencies
- Partnered with DHS CDM prime contractors Lockheed Martin and SRA International to deliver Continuous Monitoring as a Service (CMaaS) to federal sector organizations
- Secured third straight CRN Channel Chief award for Vice President of Channels Todd DeBell, who has established FireMon as a leading edge, channel-focused business
- Achieved second consecutive CRN 5-Star rating for the Ignite Channel Partner Program, which delivers qualified leads, effective training and profitable deal registration programs
Industry Leadership and Partnerships
- Demonstrated automated firewall, router and switch device management, and continuous compliance assessment, at the CiscoLive user conference in Barcelona and Melbourne
- Detailed best practices for migrating network defenses to next-generation firewalls with a case study by a global engineering firm at the Palo Alto Networks Ignite user conference
- Led "Security Metrics - Which Matter, Which Can You Measure?" executive session at RSA Conference 2014, which shared metrics-based security models and processes
FireMon is the industry leader in proactive security intelligence solutions for large organizations that deliver continuous control of infrastructure, policy and IT risk. The FireMon Security Intelligence Platform is a massively scalable, high-performance foundation for network risk detection, change workflow automation, firewall rule base clean-up, compliance audit assessment and security operations cost reduction. For more information, visit http://www.firemon.com.
For more information, please contact:
CHEN PR, Inc.
What if you could build a web application that could support true web-scale traffic without having to ever provision or manage a single server? Sounds magical, and it is! In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Munns, Senior Developer Advocate for Serverless Applications at Amazon Web Services, will show how to build a serverless website that scales automatically using services like AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon S3. We will review several frameworks that can help you build serverle...
Mar. 25, 2017 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,554
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 25, 2017 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,323
After more than five years of DevOps, definitions are evolving, boundaries are expanding, ‘unicorns’ are no longer rare, enterprises are on board, and pundits are moving on. Can we now look at an evolution of DevOps? Should we? Is the foundation of DevOps ‘done’, or is there still too much left to do? What is mature, and what is still missing? What does the next 5 years of DevOps look like? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by DevOps Summit Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists l...
Mar. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 9,616
The essence of cloud computing is that all consumable IT resources are delivered as services. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, demonstrated the concepts and implementations of two important cloud computing deliveries: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). He discussed from business and technical viewpoints what exactly they are, why we care, how they are different and in what ways, and the strategies for IT to transi...
Mar. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,909
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership abi...
Mar. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 10,812
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Mar. 25, 2017 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,648
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Mar. 25, 2017 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,782
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,422
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 25, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,565
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 25, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 489
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 24, 2017 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 645
Historically, some banking activities such as trading have been relying heavily on analytics and cutting edge algorithmic tools. The coming of age of powerful data analytics solutions combined with the development of intelligent algorithms have created new opportunities for financial institutions. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Sebastien Meunier, Head of Digital for North America at Chappuis Halder & Co., will discuss how these tools can be leveraged to develop a lasting competitive advanta...
Mar. 24, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,496
TechTarget storage websites are the best online information resource for news, tips and expert advice for the storage, backup and disaster recovery markets. By creating abundant, high-quality editorial content across more than 140 highly targeted technology-specific websites, TechTarget attracts and nurtures communities of technology buyers researching their companies' information technology needs. By understanding these buyers' content consumption behaviors, TechTarget creates the purchase inte...
Mar. 24, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,149
With the introduction of IoT and Smart Living in every aspect of our lives, one question has become relevant: What are the security implications? To answer this, first we have to look and explore the security models of the technologies that IoT is founded upon. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nevi Kaja, a Research Engineer at Ford Motor Company, will discuss some of the security challenges of the IoT infrastructure and relate how these aspects impact Smart Living. The material will be delivered i...
Mar. 24, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,885
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 24, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 320