|By Marketwired .||
|April 10, 2014 03:41 PM EDT||
OVERLAND PARK, KS -- (Marketwired) -- 04/10/14 -- FireMon, the leading provider of proactive security intelligence solutions, today announced its strongest first quarter business performance in company history. Fueled by robust growth across the board that included a 123% increase in quarter-over-quarter sales, FireMon is the only company offering high-performance, massively scalable, network security intelligence solutions that integrate both security risk assessment and security infrastructure management. First quarter 2014 highlights include:
- 123 percent sales growth compared to Q1 2013 due to new customer acquisition, global markets expansion, and repeat purchases by customers expanding defense automation
- 26 percent employee growth to satisfy unprecedented worldwide demand, with key company additions in sales, marketing, engineering and customer support
- Doubled the size of the North American sales force by adding sales veterans in New England, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, Rocky Mountains, California, and Canada
- Engaged with more than 50 federal agencies participating in the $6 billion Department of Homeland Security Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program
"Securing large networks continues to be a daunting task, as major data breaches in recent headlines confirm," said Jody Brazil, President and CTO of FireMon. "The world's leading enterprises, government agencies and MSSPs trust our people, technology and platform to provide them with the real-time visibility and intelligence needed to proactively automate and fortify their network defenses. We are committed to helping IT security teams answer 'Yes' to their most critical cybersecurity question: 'Are we more secure today than we were yesterday?'"
- 45 percent growth in new account wins compared to Q1 2013, including Frontier Airlines, Michaels Stores, Nuveen, Sony Music Entertainment, The Jones Group, and World Bank in North America; and Aguas Andinas, CODELCO, Genpact, Meritz, and Mindray Medical in EMEA, APAC and LATAM
- 54 percent of FireMon customers worldwide reported payback on their investment in 12 months or less, according research by customer evidence expert TechValidate
- Firewall rule reduction of 50 percent or more was achieved by 17 percent of FireMon customers, while 40 percent of FireMon customers saw reductions of 25 percent or more
- 16 customer case studies document the challenges, use cases and results delivered by FireMon solutions in the banking, chemical, energy, healthcare, government, hospitality, pharmaceutical, transportation, and utility sectors
"We grew our FireMon business more than 400 percent in the first quarter of 2014," said Dan Wilson, SVP of Partner Solutions at Accuvant, a nationwide U.S. security solution provider. "We expect this growth to continue based on strong demand from our customers and FireMon's continued innovation and industry leadership."
- Over 100 percent growth in quarter-over-quarter sales by channel partners worldwide, with market coverage investments completed in Singapore, Australia, Brazil and Mexico
- Engaged Federal expert immixGroup to supply Security Manager and Risk Analyzer via their GSA Schedule, easing DHS CDM solution procurement for federal agencies
- Partnered with DHS CDM prime contractors Lockheed Martin and SRA International to deliver Continuous Monitoring as a Service (CMaaS) to federal sector organizations
- Secured third straight CRN Channel Chief award for Vice President of Channels Todd DeBell, who has established FireMon as a leading edge, channel-focused business
- Achieved second consecutive CRN 5-Star rating for the Ignite Channel Partner Program, which delivers qualified leads, effective training and profitable deal registration programs
Industry Leadership and Partnerships
- Demonstrated automated firewall, router and switch device management, and continuous compliance assessment, at the CiscoLive user conference in Barcelona and Melbourne
- Detailed best practices for migrating network defenses to next-generation firewalls with a case study by a global engineering firm at the Palo Alto Networks Ignite user conference
- Led "Security Metrics - Which Matter, Which Can You Measure?" executive session at RSA Conference 2014, which shared metrics-based security models and processes
FireMon is the industry leader in proactive security intelligence solutions for large organizations that deliver continuous control of infrastructure, policy and IT risk. The FireMon Security Intelligence Platform is a massively scalable, high-performance foundation for network risk detection, change workflow automation, firewall rule base clean-up, compliance audit assessment and security operations cost reduction. For more information, visit http://www.firemon.com.
For more information, please contact:
CHEN PR, Inc.
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 6,101
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, discussed how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He also discussed how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors an...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 5,039
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 5,353
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 5,811
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:30 AM EST Reads: 6,565
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 5,042
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 2,884
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 4,892
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jan. 21, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 4,549
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 21, 2017 12:15 AM EST Reads: 6,374
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and Containers together help companies to achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of D...
Jan. 21, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 5,101
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jan. 21, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 4,704
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 PM EST Reads: 917
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 4,383
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 20, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 5,463