|By PR Newswire||
|April 10, 2014 11:00 PM EDT||
GRESHAM, Ore., April 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc.® (NYSE: NGVC), the natural foods chain that changes its customer's lives with nutrition education, high standards and affordable prices, opened its seventh Oregon location in Gresham at 407 Northwest Burnside Road, (phone: 503-465-0130), and is inviting customers to visit to sample new foods and products.
"Gresham, Portland and its surrounding communities are aware of issues involving both personal health and environmental health, so we feel like we will be a great fit," said Kemper Isely, co-president of Natural Grocers.
Shoppers in the Gresham area may wonder how a grocery store can change people's lives. "It's because we provide the resources that people need to live a life of health and vitality," Isely explained.
- Our stores offer ways to help you take the best care of your own health. Each store offers many free science-based health and nutrition learning resources. We provide World Class customer service to help you find just the products you need, including exceptionally high quality natural and organic groceries, natural body care and dietary supplements – all at affordable prices.
- What's missing when you walk through our doors? All those bad things you keep reading about. Natural Grocers will not sell any grocery product that contains artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, or harmful trans fats. Yet our shelves are full of amazing food and products, including fantastic, worry-free foods for you, your children and even for your pets. (See: "What We Won't Sell and Why.")
- We sell only USDA Certified Organic produce. No more guessing whether the produce you are buying is possibly treated with pesticides and preservatives -- or even if it has been mixed with something that has been treated. At Natural Grocers, it's all organic -- and we work hard to make organic affordable.
- The meats in our stores come from animals that were raised without the use of antibiotics, growth promoters or feed containing animal by products.
- Each Natural Grocers store has a credentialed Nutritional Health Coach (NHC). We provide this service free of charge, because no one should be excluded from receiving advice and information that can help them live a healthier life. NHCs can answer questions on special diet needs, help you design a personalized supplement and eating program, or point you toward the products that support your health and fitness goals. You can even sign up for individual coaching sessions or attend a nutrition class or cooking demonstration in our teaching kitchen.
- Throughout the store, our knowledgeable staff welcomes your questions about special diets like gluten-free, Paleo, vegetarian/vegan, and low-glycemic, or about specific supplements or products. If you read it on the Internet or saw it on TV, come talk to us first for help understanding the science behind the hype.
- We offer local products and support local agriculture when we open a store. Shoppers can look for more than 2700 products from over 170 Oregon companies, and we are always looking for opportunities to bring in meat, produce and dairy from Oregon farms. Check our website for new product approval guidelines.
- Gresham shoppers can come in to get yummy cooking demos, hear speakers or attend seminars to enhance the depth of their nutrition knowledge (schedule: http://www.naturalgrocers.com/store-locations/gresham )
- We don't offer plastic or paper shopping bags at our registers, but if you forget your reusable totes, we'll gladly pack your groceries in free recycled boxes. We do sell inexpensive reusable shopping bags, AND each time you shop with your own reusable totes, we will make a donation to the local food bank.
Of special note, Natural Grocers will soon be unveiling some of the strictest dairy ingredient standards in the industry. Our goal is to keep GMO feed, veterinary drug residues and inhumane treatment out of the milk production system that provides dairy products for our customers. "We hope to spark a conversation with our communities and the nation about how our food is raised, and how it impacts so many other parameters that we sometimes forget to consider: food quality, health, sustainability, community well-being, and animal welfare," said Isely.
The Gresham Natural Grocers is open Monday through Saturday from 8:56 a.m. to 8:04 pm. On Sunday the store is open from 9:56 a.m. to 7:06 p.m. Customers are welcome to come a little early and to stay a little late.
About Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (NGVC): Founded in Colorado by Margaret & Philip Isely in 1955, Natural Grocers was built on the premise that consumers should have access to affordable, high-quality foods and dietary supplements, along with nutrition knowledge to help them support their own health. The family-run store has since grown into a successful national chain with locations across Colorado, Texas, Utah, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Missouri, New Mexico, Montana, Kansas, Idaho, Nebraska, Arizona and Oregon, and employs over 2000 people. Although the company went public in July 2012, Isely family members continue to manage the company day to day, building on the foundation of their parents' business. Natural Grocers' popularity and success can be traced back to its founding principles: dedication to providing science based nutrition education, exceptional customer service, the highest quality natural and organic products at affordable prices, supporting our communities and providing great jobs with excellent benefits and a living wage to our employees. www.naturalgrocers.com
SOURCE Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc.
The cloud competition for database hosts is fierce. How do you evaluate a cloud provider for your database platform? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Chris Presley, a Solutions Architect at Pythian, gave users a checklist of considerations when choosing a provider. Chris Presley is a Solutions Architect at Pythian. He loves order – making him a premier Microsoft SQL Server expert. Not only has he programmed and administered SQL Server, but he has also shared his expertise and passion with b...
Dec. 2, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 3,896
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 3,963
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 2, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,457
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Dec. 2, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 337
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, provided an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data professionals...
Dec. 2, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 4,065
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 2,091
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 2, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,961
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 329
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 308
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 04:01 PM EST Reads: 283
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and G...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,858
"We are a modern development application platform and we have a suite of products that allow you to application release automation, we do version control, and we do application life cycle management," explained Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 638
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Dec. 2, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,185
In IT, we sometimes coin terms for things before we know exactly what they are and how they’ll be used. The resulting terms may capture a common set of aspirations and goals – as “cloud” did broadly for on-demand, self-service, and flexible computing. But such a term can also lump together diverse and even competing practices, technologies, and priorities to the point where important distinctions are glossed over and lost.
Dec. 2, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,442
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Dec. 2, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,521