|By PR Newswire||
|April 11, 2014 07:05 PM EDT||
NEW YORK, April 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Pomerantz LLP is investigating Toyota Motor Corporation ("Toyota") in connection with its recently announced recall affecting a total of 6.39 million vehicles globally and more than 1.6 million vehicles in North America. Pomerantz is investigating claims involving the following impacted models, regarding the vehicular defects described below:
- Model Year 2009-2010 Corolla, 2009-2010 Matrix, 2008-2010 Highlander, 2009-2010 Tacoma, 2006-2008 RAV4 and 2006-2010 Yaris vehicles.
The driver's airbag module in the involved vehicles is attached to a spiral cable assembly with electrical connections that could become damaged when the steering wheel is turned. If this occurs, the air bag warning lamp will illuminate. In addition, the driver's air bag could become deactivated, causing it to not deploy in the event of a crash.
- Model Year 2006-2010 Yaris Hatchback, Model Year 2007-2010 Yaris Sedan, and Model Year 2008-2010 Scion xD vehicles.
In the seat rail of the driver seat of the involved vehicles and also the front passenger seat of three-door models, the springs used for the mechanism which lock the seat rail in its adjusting positions could break. This can happen if the seat is adjusted forward and/or rearward with high frequency. If a seat rail spring breaks, the seat may not lock into the adjusted position. If the vehicle is operated with a broken seat rail spring, the seat could move in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injury to the occupant.
- Model Year 2003-2004 Avalon sedans.
Certain circuits within the airbag control module may be susceptible to damage if exposed to electrical noise from other electrical components. In some instances, front airbag(s) and/or seat belt pre-tensioners could inadvertently deploy.
- Model Year 2010-2014 Prius, Model Year 2012 Toyota RAV4, 2012-2013 Toyota Tacoma, and 2012-2013 Lexus RX 350 vehicles.
- Toyota will update the motor/generator control ECU and hybrid control ECU software on certain Model Year 2010-2014 Prius vehicles. The software's current settings could result in higher thermal stress in certain transistors, potentially causing them to become damaged. If this happens, various warning lights will illuminate and the vehicle can enter a failsafe mode. In rare circumstances, the hybrid system might shut down while the vehicle is being driven, resulting in the loss of power and the vehicle coming to a stop. Toyota will update the skid control ECU software on certain 2012 Toyota RAV4, 2012-2013 Toyota Tacoma, and 2012-2013 Lexus RX 350 models in order to address an electronic circuit condition that can cause the Vehicle Stability Control, Anti-lock Brake, and Traction Control functions to intermittently turn off. If these systems are off, standard braking operation remains fully functional.
These recalls come on the heels of Toyota's agreement to pay a $1.2 billion fine––the largest of its kind––to settle a criminal probe for hiding safety defects from the public in 2009-2010.
If you purchased, owned or leased one or more of the affected models, please contact Robert S. Willoughby at [email protected] or 888-476-6529, ext. 237.
The Pomerantz Firm, with offices in New York, Chicago, San Diego and Florida, is acknowledged as one of the premier firms in the areas of corporate, securities, and antitrust class litigation. Founded by the late Abraham L. Pomerantz, known as the dean of the class action bar, the Pomerantz Firm pioneered the field of securities class actions. Today, more than 70 years later, the Pomerantz Firm continues in the tradition he established, fighting for the rights of the victims of securities fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, and corporate misconduct. The Firm has recovered numerous multimillion
SOURCE Pomerantz LLP
Aug. 31, 2016 11:52 AM EDT
Aug. 31, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 759
Aug. 31, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 915
Aug. 31, 2016 11:12 AM EDT Reads: 146
Aug. 31, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 453
Aug. 31, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 440
Aug. 31, 2016 10:11 AM EDT Reads: 185
Aug. 31, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,107
Aug. 31, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 961
Aug. 31, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 526
Aug. 31, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,017
Aug. 31, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 924
Aug. 31, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 920
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 31, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 989
Aug. 31, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 964