|By PR Newswire||
|April 11, 2014 07:05 PM EDT||
NEW YORK, April 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Pomerantz LLP is investigating Toyota Motor Corporation ("Toyota") in connection with its recently announced recall affecting a total of 6.39 million vehicles globally and more than 1.6 million vehicles in North America. Pomerantz is investigating claims involving the following impacted models, regarding the vehicular defects described below:
- Model Year 2009-2010 Corolla, 2009-2010 Matrix, 2008-2010 Highlander, 2009-2010 Tacoma, 2006-2008 RAV4 and 2006-2010 Yaris vehicles.
The driver's airbag module in the involved vehicles is attached to a spiral cable assembly with electrical connections that could become damaged when the steering wheel is turned. If this occurs, the air bag warning lamp will illuminate. In addition, the driver's air bag could become deactivated, causing it to not deploy in the event of a crash.
- Model Year 2006-2010 Yaris Hatchback, Model Year 2007-2010 Yaris Sedan, and Model Year 2008-2010 Scion xD vehicles.
In the seat rail of the driver seat of the involved vehicles and also the front passenger seat of three-door models, the springs used for the mechanism which lock the seat rail in its adjusting positions could break. This can happen if the seat is adjusted forward and/or rearward with high frequency. If a seat rail spring breaks, the seat may not lock into the adjusted position. If the vehicle is operated with a broken seat rail spring, the seat could move in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injury to the occupant.
- Model Year 2003-2004 Avalon sedans.
Certain circuits within the airbag control module may be susceptible to damage if exposed to electrical noise from other electrical components. In some instances, front airbag(s) and/or seat belt pre-tensioners could inadvertently deploy.
- Model Year 2010-2014 Prius, Model Year 2012 Toyota RAV4, 2012-2013 Toyota Tacoma, and 2012-2013 Lexus RX 350 vehicles.
- Toyota will update the motor/generator control ECU and hybrid control ECU software on certain Model Year 2010-2014 Prius vehicles. The software's current settings could result in higher thermal stress in certain transistors, potentially causing them to become damaged. If this happens, various warning lights will illuminate and the vehicle can enter a failsafe mode. In rare circumstances, the hybrid system might shut down while the vehicle is being driven, resulting in the loss of power and the vehicle coming to a stop. Toyota will update the skid control ECU software on certain 2012 Toyota RAV4, 2012-2013 Toyota Tacoma, and 2012-2013 Lexus RX 350 models in order to address an electronic circuit condition that can cause the Vehicle Stability Control, Anti-lock Brake, and Traction Control functions to intermittently turn off. If these systems are off, standard braking operation remains fully functional.
These recalls come on the heels of Toyota's agreement to pay a $1.2 billion fine––the largest of its kind––to settle a criminal probe for hiding safety defects from the public in 2009-2010.
If you purchased, owned or leased one or more of the affected models, please contact Robert S. Willoughby at [email protected] or 888-476-6529, ext. 237.
The Pomerantz Firm, with offices in New York, Chicago, San Diego and Florida, is acknowledged as one of the premier firms in the areas of corporate, securities, and antitrust class litigation. Founded by the late Abraham L. Pomerantz, known as the dean of the class action bar, the Pomerantz Firm pioneered the field of securities class actions. Today, more than 70 years later, the Pomerantz Firm continues in the tradition he established, fighting for the rights of the victims of securities fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, and corporate misconduct. The Firm has recovered numerous multimillion
SOURCE Pomerantz LLP
"MathFreeOn.com is a line coding platform for engineers and scientists. When they want to solve an engineering problem and they have to use software - they have to pay a lot of money for licenses - but with MathFreeOn you don't have to pay a lot of money. Just go to our site and write the code and you can check the result right away," explained Simon Lee, CMO of MathFreeOn, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Cla...
Dec. 11, 2016 08:45 AM EST Reads: 553
Dec. 11, 2016 08:00 AM EST Reads: 796
Dec. 11, 2016 07:30 AM EST Reads: 776
Dec. 11, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 494
Dec. 11, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 2,323
Dec. 11, 2016 05:45 AM EST Reads: 743
Dec. 11, 2016 05:30 AM EST Reads: 748
Dec. 11, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 1,190
Dec. 11, 2016 04:45 AM EST Reads: 682
Dec. 11, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 884
Dec. 11, 2016 03:30 AM EST Reads: 1,175
Dec. 11, 2016 03:00 AM EST Reads: 815
Dec. 11, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 926
Dec. 11, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 1,808
"We are the public cloud providers. We are currently providing 50% of the resources they need for doing e-commerce business in China and we are hosting about 60% of mobile gaming in China," explained Yi Zheng, CPO and VP of Engineering at CDS Global Cloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 11, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,320