|By PR Newswire||
|April 14, 2014 06:00 AM EDT||
LOGAN, Utah, April 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. (NYSE: NGVC), the natural foods chain that has changed many customers' lives with its nutrition education, higher standards and more affordable prices, is opening its second Utah location in Logan today at 1075 North Main Street, suite 110 ( phone: 435-752-3200).
"We are thrilled to expand our nutrition expertise and delicious food options to Logan," said Kemper Isely, co-president of Natural Grocers. "We look forward to engaging with the local community about healthy living."
Shoppers in the Logan area may wonder how a grocery store can change people's lives. "It's because we provide the resources that people need to live a life of optimum health and vitality even when facing health challenges," Isely explained.
- Our stores offer ways to help you take the best care of your own health. Each store offers many free science-based health and nutrition learning resources. We provide World Class customer service to help you find just the products you need, including exceptionally high quality natural and organic groceries, natural body care and dietary supplements – all at affordable prices.
- What's missing when you walk through our doors? All those bad things you keep reading about. Natural Grocers will not sell any grocery product that contains artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, or harmful trans fats. Yet our shelves are full of amazing food and products, including fantastic, worry-free foods for you, your children and even for your pets. (See: "What We Won't Sell and Why.")
- We sell only USDA Certified Organic produce. No more guessing whether the produce you are buying is possibly treated with pesticides and preservatives -- or even if it has been mixed with something that has been treated. At Natural Grocers, it's all organic -- and we work hard to make organic affordable.
- The meats in our stores come from animals that were raised without the use of antibiotics, growth promoters or feed containing animal by products.
- Each Natural Grocers store has a credentialed Nutritional Health Coach (NHC). We provide this service free of charge, because no one should be excluded from receiving advice and information that can help them live a healthier life. NHCs can answer questions on special diet needs, help you design a personalized supplement and eating program, or point you toward the products that support your health and fitness goals. You can even sign up for individual coaching sessions or attend a nutrition class or cooking demonstration in our teaching kitchen.
- Throughout the store, our knowledgeable staff welcomes your questions about special diets like gluten-free, Paleo, vegetarian/vegan, and low-glycemic, or about specific supplements or products. If you read it on the Internet or saw it on TV, come talk to us first for help understanding the science behind the hype.
- We support local products and local farmers when we open a store. Shoppers can look for more than 2,350 products from over 30 Utah companies. We are always looking for opportunities to bring in meat, produce and dairy from Utah producers. Check our website for new product approval guidelines.
- Logan shoppers can come in to get yummy cooking demos, hear speakers or attend seminars to enhance the depth of your nutrition knowledge (schedule: http://www.naturalgrocers.com/store-locations/logan/UT/events.)
- We don't offer plastic or paper shopping bags at our registers, but if you forget your reusable totes, we'll gladly pack your groceries in free recycled boxes. We do sell inexpensive reusable shopping bags, AND each time you shop with your own reusable totes, we will make a donation to the local food bank.
- Tuesday, April 15th is Grand Opening Day! Grand Opening Week runs April 19th thru April 26th. Please join us for:
- Many delicious food tastings
- Knowledgeable representatives from supplement manufacturers
- Body care samples
- Grand Prizes are as follows: (Drawing will be May 30th. Need not be present to win.)
- iPad compliments of Natural Grocers
- iPod compliments of Country Life
- $500 Natural Grocers Gift card compliments of NOW Foods
- Vitamix High Performance Blender compliments of Nature's Way/Enzymatic Therapy lines
- Cuisinart Food Processor compliments of Garden of Life
- Tokyo Citizen Collapsible adult bike compliments of Honest Tea
- Daily giveaway gift baskets
Of special note, Natural Grocers will soon be unveiling some of the strictest dairy ingredient standards in the industry. Our goal is to keep GMO feed, veterinary drug residues and inhumane treatment out of the milk production system that provides dairy products for our customers. "We hope to spark a conversation with our communities and the nation about how our food is raised, and how it impacts so many other parameters that we sometimes forget to consider: food quality, health, sustainability, community well-being, and animal welfare," said Isely.
The Logan Natural Grocers will be open Monday through Saturday from 8:56 a.m. to 8:04 pm. On Sunday the store will be open from 9:56 a.m. to 7:06 p.m. Customers are welcome to come a little early or to stay and shop a little late.
About Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (NGVC): Founded in Colorado by Margaret & Philip Isely in 1955, Natural Grocers was built on the premise that consumers should have access to affordable, high-quality foods and dietary supplements, along with nutrition knowledge to help them support their own health. The family-run store has since grown into a successful national chain with locations across Colorado, Texas, Utah, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Missouri, New Mexico, Montana, Kansas, Idaho, Nebraska, Arizona and Oregon, and employs over 2000 people. Although the company went public in July 2012, Isely family members continue to manage the company day to day, building on the foundation of their parents' business. Natural Grocers' popularity and success can be traced back to its founding principles: dedication to providing science based nutrition education, exceptional customer service, the highest quality natural and organic products at affordable prices, supporting our communities and providing great jobs with excellent benefits and a living wage to our employees. www.naturalgrocers.com
SOURCE Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc.
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Jul. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,534
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,714
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 882
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 575
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,664
Cloud analytics is dramatically altering business intelligence. Some businesses will capitalize on these promising new technologies and gain key insights that’ll help them gain competitive advantage. And others won’t. Whether you’re a business leader, an IT manager, or an analyst, we want to help you and the people you need to influence with a free copy of “Cloud Analytics for Dummies,” the essential guide to this explosive new space for business intelligence.
Jul. 24, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 551
Traditional IT, great for stable systems of record, is struggling to cope with newer, agile systems of engagement requirements coming straight from the business. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, William Morrish, General Manager of Product Sales at Interoute, outlined ways of exploiting new architectures to enable both systems and building them to support your existing platforms, with an eye for the future. Technologies such as Docker and the hyper-convergence of computing, networking and sto...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 996
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 24, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 740
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, discussed the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filterin...
Jul. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,183
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 24, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 795
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
Jul. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 976
Early adopters of IoT viewed it mainly as a different term for machine-to-machine connectivity or M2M. This is understandable since a prerequisite for any IoT solution is the ability to collect and aggregate device data, which is most often presented in a dashboard. The problem is that viewing data in a dashboard requires a human to interpret the results and take manual action, which doesn’t scale to the needs of IoT.
Jul. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,866
When building large, cloud-based applications that operate at a high scale, it’s important to maintain a high availability and resilience to failures. In order to do that, you must be tolerant of failures, even in light of failures in other areas of your application. “Fly two mistakes high” is an old adage in the radio control airplane hobby. It means, fly high enough so that if you make a mistake, you can continue flying with room to still make mistakes. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee...
Jul. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,327
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jul. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,882
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,845