|By PR Newswire||
|April 14, 2014 06:00 AM EDT||
LOGAN, Utah, April 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. (NYSE: NGVC), the natural foods chain that has changed many customers' lives with its nutrition education, higher standards and more affordable prices, is opening its second Utah location in Logan today at 1075 North Main Street, suite 110 ( phone: 435-752-3200).
"We are thrilled to expand our nutrition expertise and delicious food options to Logan," said Kemper Isely, co-president of Natural Grocers. "We look forward to engaging with the local community about healthy living."
Shoppers in the Logan area may wonder how a grocery store can change people's lives. "It's because we provide the resources that people need to live a life of optimum health and vitality even when facing health challenges," Isely explained.
- Our stores offer ways to help you take the best care of your own health. Each store offers many free science-based health and nutrition learning resources. We provide World Class customer service to help you find just the products you need, including exceptionally high quality natural and organic groceries, natural body care and dietary supplements – all at affordable prices.
- What's missing when you walk through our doors? All those bad things you keep reading about. Natural Grocers will not sell any grocery product that contains artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, or harmful trans fats. Yet our shelves are full of amazing food and products, including fantastic, worry-free foods for you, your children and even for your pets. (See: "What We Won't Sell and Why.")
- We sell only USDA Certified Organic produce. No more guessing whether the produce you are buying is possibly treated with pesticides and preservatives -- or even if it has been mixed with something that has been treated. At Natural Grocers, it's all organic -- and we work hard to make organic affordable.
- The meats in our stores come from animals that were raised without the use of antibiotics, growth promoters or feed containing animal by products.
- Each Natural Grocers store has a credentialed Nutritional Health Coach (NHC). We provide this service free of charge, because no one should be excluded from receiving advice and information that can help them live a healthier life. NHCs can answer questions on special diet needs, help you design a personalized supplement and eating program, or point you toward the products that support your health and fitness goals. You can even sign up for individual coaching sessions or attend a nutrition class or cooking demonstration in our teaching kitchen.
- Throughout the store, our knowledgeable staff welcomes your questions about special diets like gluten-free, Paleo, vegetarian/vegan, and low-glycemic, or about specific supplements or products. If you read it on the Internet or saw it on TV, come talk to us first for help understanding the science behind the hype.
- We support local products and local farmers when we open a store. Shoppers can look for more than 2,350 products from over 30 Utah companies. We are always looking for opportunities to bring in meat, produce and dairy from Utah producers. Check our website for new product approval guidelines.
- Logan shoppers can come in to get yummy cooking demos, hear speakers or attend seminars to enhance the depth of your nutrition knowledge (schedule: http://www.naturalgrocers.com/store-locations/logan/UT/events.)
- We don't offer plastic or paper shopping bags at our registers, but if you forget your reusable totes, we'll gladly pack your groceries in free recycled boxes. We do sell inexpensive reusable shopping bags, AND each time you shop with your own reusable totes, we will make a donation to the local food bank.
- Tuesday, April 15th is Grand Opening Day! Grand Opening Week runs April 19th thru April 26th. Please join us for:
- Many delicious food tastings
- Knowledgeable representatives from supplement manufacturers
- Body care samples
- Grand Prizes are as follows: (Drawing will be May 30th. Need not be present to win.)
- iPad compliments of Natural Grocers
- iPod compliments of Country Life
- $500 Natural Grocers Gift card compliments of NOW Foods
- Vitamix High Performance Blender compliments of Nature's Way/Enzymatic Therapy lines
- Cuisinart Food Processor compliments of Garden of Life
- Tokyo Citizen Collapsible adult bike compliments of Honest Tea
- Daily giveaway gift baskets
Of special note, Natural Grocers will soon be unveiling some of the strictest dairy ingredient standards in the industry. Our goal is to keep GMO feed, veterinary drug residues and inhumane treatment out of the milk production system that provides dairy products for our customers. "We hope to spark a conversation with our communities and the nation about how our food is raised, and how it impacts so many other parameters that we sometimes forget to consider: food quality, health, sustainability, community well-being, and animal welfare," said Isely.
The Logan Natural Grocers will be open Monday through Saturday from 8:56 a.m. to 8:04 pm. On Sunday the store will be open from 9:56 a.m. to 7:06 p.m. Customers are welcome to come a little early or to stay and shop a little late.
About Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (NGVC): Founded in Colorado by Margaret & Philip Isely in 1955, Natural Grocers was built on the premise that consumers should have access to affordable, high-quality foods and dietary supplements, along with nutrition knowledge to help them support their own health. The family-run store has since grown into a successful national chain with locations across Colorado, Texas, Utah, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Missouri, New Mexico, Montana, Kansas, Idaho, Nebraska, Arizona and Oregon, and employs over 2000 people. Although the company went public in July 2012, Isely family members continue to manage the company day to day, building on the foundation of their parents' business. Natural Grocers' popularity and success can be traced back to its founding principles: dedication to providing science based nutrition education, exceptional customer service, the highest quality natural and organic products at affordable prices, supporting our communities and providing great jobs with excellent benefits and a living wage to our employees. www.naturalgrocers.com
SOURCE Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc.
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading in...
Sep. 5, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,057
Containers are not new, but renewed commitments to performance, flexibility, and agility have propelled them to the top of the agenda today. By working without the need for virtualization and its overhead, containers are seen as the perfect way to deploy apps and services across multiple clouds. Containers can handle anything from file types to operating systems and services, including microservices. What are microservices? Unlike what the name implies, microservices are not necessarily small,...
Sep. 5, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 233
In 2014, the market witnessed a massive migration to the cloud as enterprises finally overcame their fears of the cloud’s viability, security, etc. Over the past 18 months, AWS, Google and Microsoft have waged an ongoing battle through a wave of price cuts and new features. For IT executives, sorting through all the noise to make the best cloud investment decisions has become daunting. Enterprises can and are moving away from a "one size fits all" cloud approach. The new competitive field has ...
Sep. 5, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 260
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as...
Sep. 5, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 192
Mobile testing is getting harder: more devices, multiple operating systems, higher quality expectations and shorter development cycles. In his session at DevOps Summit, Tom Chavez, Senior Evangelist at SOASTA, will discuss the seven steps to improving your mobile testing process. Tom Chavez, with 20+ years of experience as a product manager in software development tools, works in product management at SOASTA, the leader in performance analytics. He has worked across the Silicon Valley at indu...
Sep. 5, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 246
Even though you are running an agile development process, that doesn’t necessarily mean that your performance testing is being conducted in a truly agile way. Saving performance testing for a “final sprint” before release still treats it like a waterfall development step, with all the cost and risk that comes with that. In this post, we will show you how to make load testing happen early and often by putting SLAs on the agile task board.
Sep. 5, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 130
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, will discuss how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the ...
Sep. 5, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 131
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the ...
Sep. 5, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,686
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 5, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 162
Moving an existing on-premise infrastructure into the cloud can be a complex and daunting proposition. It is critical to understand the benefits as well as the challenges associated with either a full or hybrid approach. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Richard Weiss, Principal Consultant at Pythian, will present a roadmap that can be leveraged by any organization to plan, analyze, evaluate and execute on a cloud migration solution. He will review the five major cloud transformation phases a...
Sep. 5, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 154
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Sep. 5, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 245
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Sep. 5, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 301
DevOps Summit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development...
Sep. 5, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,675
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes ab...
Sep. 5, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 773
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Trel...
Sep. 5, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 324