|By Business Wire||
|April 14, 2014 09:30 AM EDT||
Zoosk, a leading technology-driven online dating company, released a new study revealing the most and least open-minded cities for dating in America. Las Vegas, Nevada, topped the rankings as most open-minded, whereas Raleigh, North Carolina, ranked as least open-minded.
“With more than 25 million members on Zoosk, we recognize that there are millions of online daters around the world with varying viewpoints and levels of open-mindedness,” said Shayan Zadeh, Co-Founder and CEO of Zoosk. “Our open-mindedness study of singles across the United States uses Zoosk’s wealth of data and knowledge of trends to shed light into cities’ behavioral dating patterns.”
Highlights of the study include:
Top 10 Most Open-Minded Cities for Dating:
|1.||Las Vegas, Nevada||6.||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma|
|2.||Detroit, Michigan||7.||Indianapolis, Indiana|
|3.||Columbus, Ohio||8.||Jacksonville, Florida|
|4.||Sacramento, California||9.||Nashville, Tennessee|
|5.||San Antonio, Texas||10.||Memphis, Tennessee|
Top 10 Least Open-Minded Cities for Dating:
|1.||Raleigh, North Carolina||6.||Washington DC|
|2.||San Jose, California||7.||San Diego, California|
|3.||Birmingham, Alabama||8.||Atlanta, Georgia|
|4.||Richmond, Virginia||9.||Riverside, California|
|5.||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania||10.||Orlando, Florida|
While Zoosk found that Las Vegas, Nevada, was the most open-minded city overall, certain cities such as Salt Lake City, Utah, and Providence, Rhode Island, are also open-minded about specific dating criteria:
- Religion: Singles in San Jose, California are most open-minded about dating someone outside of their religion, while singles in Birmingham, Alabama are the least open-minded.
- Education: Salt Lake City, Utah has the highest concentration of singles willing to date someone with a different level of education, while singles in San Jose, California predominantly look for a partner with the same level of education.
- Previous marriage: Singles in Salt Lake City, Utah are most open to dating someone who was previously married, while singles in Hartford, Connecticut are least likely to consider the option.
- Body type: San Antonio, Texas has the highest concentration of singles willing to date someone with a different body type than their own, while singles in Louisville, Kentucky largely look for a partner with a similar physique.
- Smoking habits: Singles who reside in Nashville, Tennessee are most open to dating someone who has different smoking habits, while singles in Miami, Florida are least likely to do so.
- Drinking habits: Providence, Rhode Island singles are most open-minded about dating someone whose drinking habits differ from their own, unlike singles in San Jose, California who are not.
To see the comprehensive rankings and accompanying graphic, please visit: blog.zoosk.com
Zoosk is a leading online dating company that learns as you click in order to pair you with singles with whom you’re likely to discover mutual attraction. Zoosk’s Behavioral Matchmaking™ technology is constantly learning from the actions of over 25 million members in order to deliver better matches. With the #1 grossing dating app and a top 25 grossing app on the iPhone in the United States, Zoosk is a market leader in mobile dating. Available in more than 80 countries and translated into 25 languages, Zoosk is a global online dating platform.
About Zoosk Open-Minded Cities Study Methodology
Zoosk studied nearly 1 million U.S. based actions on our site over three months. Aggregated data based on our proprietary technology was analyzed to determine where the most and least open-minded daters live. Open-mindedness was based on the willingness to date someone different from themselves based on factors provided by members such as age, height, children, religion, body time, previous marriages, smoking patterns, drinking patterns, and education.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Feb. 19, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 2,964
Feb. 19, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 916
Feb. 19, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,222
Feb. 19, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 5,185
Feb. 19, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 765
Feb. 19, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 759
Feb. 19, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 7,984
Feb. 19, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,443
Feb. 19, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 7,879
Feb. 19, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,915
Feb. 19, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,247
Feb. 19, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 879
Feb. 19, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,040
Feb. 19, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,067
Feb. 19, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 900