|By Marketwired .||
|April 14, 2014 07:14 PM EDT||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/14/14 -- eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH) (www.ehealth.com), which operates eHealthInsurance.com, the nation's first and largest private online health insurance exchange, today reminded uninsured consumers that state-specific and insurer-specific enrollment deadlines are fast approaching. The company also highlighted consumer resources available for shoppers at eHealthInsurance.com.
eHealth previously identified a number of states in which at least one health insurance company continued to accept new health insurance applications beyond the March 31, 2014 deadline for the nationwide open enrollment period under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). These states include Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Utah, Virginia, and Washington(1). Enrollment opportunities in a number of these states are scheduled to come to an end as follows(2):
- April 15, 2014 marks the deadline for enrollment in the states of Arizona, California, Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio, Utah, Virginia and Washington.
- April 18, 2014 marks the deadline for enrollment in the state of Maryland.
- April 30, 2014 marks the deadline for enrollment in the states of Hawaii, New Mexico and Oregon.
eHealth has created an infographic, available for download, illustrating these deadlines, in addition to extended enrollment deadlines made available to qualifying consumers through government health insurance marketplaces.
For uninsured consumers in the states mentioned above -- or for any consumers still uninsured who experience a qualifying life events making them eligible for a special enrollment period -- eHealth has made the following resources available:
- The Uninsured Hotline at 877-803-2369. Licensed agents at eHealth's Customer Care Center are staffing the hotline to address questions from uninsured consumers who may still have enrollment options or who missed the nationwide open enrollment period which ended on March 31, 2014. Agents can provide information about which qualifying life events may trigger a special enrollment period allowing consumers to enroll in individual or family major medical insurance. Callers can also learn about their potential liability for a 2014 tax penalty and about health insurance alternatives such as short-term health insurance, which may still provide a form of protection despite not meeting the coverage criteria of the Affordable Care Act.
- eHealth's Affordable Care Act Resource Center. The Affordable Care Act Resource Center provides consumers with articles, FAQs, and videos that can help them understand the potential consequences of missing the open enrollment period, as well as help them learn more about coverage options available outside of open enrollment. Topics specifically addressed in the Resource Center include qualifying life events which may allow you to enroll in major medical individual or family coverage; short-term health insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance and other supplemental insurance plans like dental and vision insurance; and the tax penalties and other potential consequences of not enrolling in ACA-compliant health insurance plans during the open enrollment period.
- The eHealth Price Index. The online eHealth Price Index tracks nationwide average monthly premiums for individual and family health insurance plans selected by consumers shopping through eHealth. The eHealth Price Index is updated on a daily basis. As of April 13, 2014, the average premium for plans selected by individual eHealth shoppers was $242 per month; the average premium for family plans selected by eHealth shoppers was $581 per month. The eHealth Price Index provides consumers with insight into what they may expect to pay for individual or family major medical health insurance coverage during an open enrollment period or when they experience a qualifying life event allowing them to purchase an ACA-compliant health insurance plan outside of open enrollment.
(1) Enrollment opportunities within these states are subject to change and eHealth cannot guarantee that insurers will continue to accept applications. Some insurers may only serve limited areas within a particular state. Health insurance companies in other states may also decide to accept applications.
(2) Dates are based on information provided to eHealth by insurance companies within these states.
eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH) operates eHealthInsurance.com, the Nation's first and largest private health insurance exchange where individuals, families and small businesses can compare health insurance products from leading insurers side by side and purchase and enroll in coverage online. eHealthInsurance offers thousands of individual, family and small business health plans underwritten by more than 200 of the nation's leading health insurance companies. eHealthInsurance is licensed to sell health insurance in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. eHealth, Inc. also provides powerful online and pharmacy-based tools to help Medicare beneficiaries navigate Medicare health insurance options, choose the right plan and enroll in select plans online through PlanPrescriber.com (www.planprescriber.com) and eHealthMedicare.com (www.eHealthMedicare.com).
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2568037
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 8, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 2,158
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2017 New York The 7th Internet of @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. Chris Matthieu is the co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, a revolutionary real-time IoT platform recently acquired by Citrix. Octoblu connects things, systems, people and clouds to a global mesh network allowing users to automate and control design flo...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 725
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 930
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 3,792
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 4,812
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,032
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Dec. 8, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 1,296
"We are the public cloud providers. We are currently providing 50% of the resources they need for doing e-commerce business in China and we are hosting about 60% of mobile gaming in China," explained Yi Zheng, CPO and VP of Engineering at CDS Global Cloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,115
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Dec. 8, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 1,407
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 8, 2016 01:30 AM EST Reads: 1,922
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 8, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 3,956
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 8, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,123
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 8, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,347
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 7, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 875
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 1,196