|By Marketwired .||
|April 14, 2014 07:14 PM EDT||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/14/14 -- eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH) (www.ehealth.com), which operates eHealthInsurance.com, the nation's first and largest private online health insurance exchange, today reminded uninsured consumers that state-specific and insurer-specific enrollment deadlines are fast approaching. The company also highlighted consumer resources available for shoppers at eHealthInsurance.com.
eHealth previously identified a number of states in which at least one health insurance company continued to accept new health insurance applications beyond the March 31, 2014 deadline for the nationwide open enrollment period under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). These states include Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Utah, Virginia, and Washington(1). Enrollment opportunities in a number of these states are scheduled to come to an end as follows(2):
- April 15, 2014 marks the deadline for enrollment in the states of Arizona, California, Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio, Utah, Virginia and Washington.
- April 18, 2014 marks the deadline for enrollment in the state of Maryland.
- April 30, 2014 marks the deadline for enrollment in the states of Hawaii, New Mexico and Oregon.
eHealth has created an infographic, available for download, illustrating these deadlines, in addition to extended enrollment deadlines made available to qualifying consumers through government health insurance marketplaces.
For uninsured consumers in the states mentioned above -- or for any consumers still uninsured who experience a qualifying life events making them eligible for a special enrollment period -- eHealth has made the following resources available:
- The Uninsured Hotline at 877-803-2369. Licensed agents at eHealth's Customer Care Center are staffing the hotline to address questions from uninsured consumers who may still have enrollment options or who missed the nationwide open enrollment period which ended on March 31, 2014. Agents can provide information about which qualifying life events may trigger a special enrollment period allowing consumers to enroll in individual or family major medical insurance. Callers can also learn about their potential liability for a 2014 tax penalty and about health insurance alternatives such as short-term health insurance, which may still provide a form of protection despite not meeting the coverage criteria of the Affordable Care Act.
- eHealth's Affordable Care Act Resource Center. The Affordable Care Act Resource Center provides consumers with articles, FAQs, and videos that can help them understand the potential consequences of missing the open enrollment period, as well as help them learn more about coverage options available outside of open enrollment. Topics specifically addressed in the Resource Center include qualifying life events which may allow you to enroll in major medical individual or family coverage; short-term health insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance and other supplemental insurance plans like dental and vision insurance; and the tax penalties and other potential consequences of not enrolling in ACA-compliant health insurance plans during the open enrollment period.
- The eHealth Price Index. The online eHealth Price Index tracks nationwide average monthly premiums for individual and family health insurance plans selected by consumers shopping through eHealth. The eHealth Price Index is updated on a daily basis. As of April 13, 2014, the average premium for plans selected by individual eHealth shoppers was $242 per month; the average premium for family plans selected by eHealth shoppers was $581 per month. The eHealth Price Index provides consumers with insight into what they may expect to pay for individual or family major medical health insurance coverage during an open enrollment period or when they experience a qualifying life event allowing them to purchase an ACA-compliant health insurance plan outside of open enrollment.
(1) Enrollment opportunities within these states are subject to change and eHealth cannot guarantee that insurers will continue to accept applications. Some insurers may only serve limited areas within a particular state. Health insurance companies in other states may also decide to accept applications.
(2) Dates are based on information provided to eHealth by insurance companies within these states.
eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH) operates eHealthInsurance.com, the Nation's first and largest private health insurance exchange where individuals, families and small businesses can compare health insurance products from leading insurers side by side and purchase and enroll in coverage online. eHealthInsurance offers thousands of individual, family and small business health plans underwritten by more than 200 of the nation's leading health insurance companies. eHealthInsurance is licensed to sell health insurance in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. eHealth, Inc. also provides powerful online and pharmacy-based tools to help Medicare beneficiaries navigate Medicare health insurance options, choose the right plan and enroll in select plans online through PlanPrescriber.com (www.planprescriber.com) and eHealthMedicare.com (www.eHealthMedicare.com).
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2568037
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 12, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 242
Data-as-a-Service is the complete package for the transformation of raw data into meaningful data assets and the delivery of those data assets. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lakshmi Randall, an industry expert, analyst and strategist, will address: What is DaaS (Data-as-a-Service)? Challenges addressed by DaaS Vendors that are enabling DaaS Architecture options for DaaS
Feb. 12, 2016 09:45 PM EST Reads: 385
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 12, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 133
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 403
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST
When building large, cloud-based applications that operate at a high scale, it’s important to maintain a high availability and resilience to failures. In order to do that, you must be tolerant of failures, even in light of failures in other areas of your application. “Fly two mistakes high” is an old adage in the radio control airplane hobby. It means, fly high enough so that if you make a mistake, you can continue flying with room to still make mistakes. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:45 PM EST
DevOps is not just last year’s buzzword. Companies with DevOps practices are 2.5x more likely to exceed profitability, market share, and productivity goals. But how do you enable high performance? What can you do right now to start? Find out from DevOps experts including Gene Kim, co-author of "The Phoenix Project," and the Dynatrace Center of Excellence.
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 192
SYS-CON Events announced today that Column Technologies will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a global technology solutions provider with over 400 employees, headquartered in the United States with offices in Canada, India, and the United Kingdom. Column Technologies provides “Best of Breed” technology solutions that automate the key DevOps principal...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 429
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
Feb. 12, 2016 03:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 12, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 454
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Feb. 12, 2016 02:15 PM EST
As someone who has been dedicated to automation and Application Release Automation (ARA) technology for almost six years now, one of the most common questions I get asked regards Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Specifically, people want to know whether release automation is still needed when a PaaS is in place, and why. Isn't that what a PaaS provides? A solution to the deployment and runtime challenges of an application? Why would anyone using a PaaS then need an automation engine with workflow ...
Feb. 12, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 234
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 12, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 232