|By Marketwired .||
|April 14, 2014 07:14 PM EDT||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/14/14 -- eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH) (www.ehealth.com), which operates eHealthInsurance.com, the nation's first and largest private online health insurance exchange, today reminded uninsured consumers that state-specific and insurer-specific enrollment deadlines are fast approaching. The company also highlighted consumer resources available for shoppers at eHealthInsurance.com.
eHealth previously identified a number of states in which at least one health insurance company continued to accept new health insurance applications beyond the March 31, 2014 deadline for the nationwide open enrollment period under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). These states include Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Utah, Virginia, and Washington(1). Enrollment opportunities in a number of these states are scheduled to come to an end as follows(2):
- April 15, 2014 marks the deadline for enrollment in the states of Arizona, California, Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio, Utah, Virginia and Washington.
- April 18, 2014 marks the deadline for enrollment in the state of Maryland.
- April 30, 2014 marks the deadline for enrollment in the states of Hawaii, New Mexico and Oregon.
eHealth has created an infographic, available for download, illustrating these deadlines, in addition to extended enrollment deadlines made available to qualifying consumers through government health insurance marketplaces.
For uninsured consumers in the states mentioned above -- or for any consumers still uninsured who experience a qualifying life events making them eligible for a special enrollment period -- eHealth has made the following resources available:
- The Uninsured Hotline at 877-803-2369. Licensed agents at eHealth's Customer Care Center are staffing the hotline to address questions from uninsured consumers who may still have enrollment options or who missed the nationwide open enrollment period which ended on March 31, 2014. Agents can provide information about which qualifying life events may trigger a special enrollment period allowing consumers to enroll in individual or family major medical insurance. Callers can also learn about their potential liability for a 2014 tax penalty and about health insurance alternatives such as short-term health insurance, which may still provide a form of protection despite not meeting the coverage criteria of the Affordable Care Act.
- eHealth's Affordable Care Act Resource Center. The Affordable Care Act Resource Center provides consumers with articles, FAQs, and videos that can help them understand the potential consequences of missing the open enrollment period, as well as help them learn more about coverage options available outside of open enrollment. Topics specifically addressed in the Resource Center include qualifying life events which may allow you to enroll in major medical individual or family coverage; short-term health insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance and other supplemental insurance plans like dental and vision insurance; and the tax penalties and other potential consequences of not enrolling in ACA-compliant health insurance plans during the open enrollment period.
- The eHealth Price Index. The online eHealth Price Index tracks nationwide average monthly premiums for individual and family health insurance plans selected by consumers shopping through eHealth. The eHealth Price Index is updated on a daily basis. As of April 13, 2014, the average premium for plans selected by individual eHealth shoppers was $242 per month; the average premium for family plans selected by eHealth shoppers was $581 per month. The eHealth Price Index provides consumers with insight into what they may expect to pay for individual or family major medical health insurance coverage during an open enrollment period or when they experience a qualifying life event allowing them to purchase an ACA-compliant health insurance plan outside of open enrollment.
(1) Enrollment opportunities within these states are subject to change and eHealth cannot guarantee that insurers will continue to accept applications. Some insurers may only serve limited areas within a particular state. Health insurance companies in other states may also decide to accept applications.
(2) Dates are based on information provided to eHealth by insurance companies within these states.
eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH) operates eHealthInsurance.com, the Nation's first and largest private health insurance exchange where individuals, families and small businesses can compare health insurance products from leading insurers side by side and purchase and enroll in coverage online. eHealthInsurance offers thousands of individual, family and small business health plans underwritten by more than 200 of the nation's leading health insurance companies. eHealthInsurance is licensed to sell health insurance in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. eHealth, Inc. also provides powerful online and pharmacy-based tools to help Medicare beneficiaries navigate Medicare health insurance options, choose the right plan and enroll in select plans online through PlanPrescriber.com (www.planprescriber.com) and eHealthMedicare.com (www.eHealthMedicare.com).
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2568037
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 20, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 2,964
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jan. 20, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 6,849
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Jan. 20, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 9,066
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive ad...
Jan. 20, 2017 06:15 AM EST Reads: 1,618
"Plutora provides release and testing environment capabilities to the enterprise," explained Dalibor Siroky, Director and Co-founder of Plutora, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jan. 20, 2017 06:15 AM EST Reads: 3,636
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
Jan. 20, 2017 06:15 AM EST Reads: 5,472
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 20, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 2,475
Choosing the right cloud for your workloads is a balancing act that can cost your organization time, money and aggravation - unless you get it right the first time. Economics, speed, performance, accessibility, administrative needs and security all play a vital role in dictating your approach to the cloud. Without knowing the right questions to ask, you could wind up paying for capacity you'll never need or underestimating the resources required to run your applications.
Jan. 20, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 3,943
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 20, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 861
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 5,024
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 6,051
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Jan. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 3,667
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 6,573
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 5,330
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 4,266