|By Business Wire||
|April 15, 2014 03:00 AM EDT||
Today at Dell Enterprise Forum Frankfurt, Dell announced it has expanded its integration with SAP to include new product certifications for SAP HANA which will help customers more quickly turn customer data into actionable business insights. The new Dell solutions for SAP HANA are designed to speed deployment time and reduce time to value for running SAP HANA applications. Dell and SAP have been collaborating together for nearly five years to help customers turn the proliferation of data into a competitive advantage.
Dell solutions for SAP HANA
The Dell PowerEdge R920 server, the company’s highest performing server, has achieved certification for SAP HANA. This 4-socket, 4U server built on Intel’s new E7 processors is designed to handle extremely demanding, mission critical workloads like SAP. Initial SAP workload testing shows:
- A world record 4-socket Linux benchmark result of 25,451 benchmark users on the SAP SD 2-Tier benchmark*.
- Up to a 71 percent improved performance over the previous best Fujitsu E7-4800 4-socket SAP SD benchmark.
- Nearly the same performance in an SAP environment compared with the previous generation 8-socket IBM x3850 server, providing cost savings in software licensing to the customer.
Dell expects additional benchmark testing and certifications on SAP HANA in the coming months.
Dell PowerEdge single-server and scale-out configurations give customers the benefits of running business applications analytics on the same platform simultaneously. These scale-out configurations are designed to support large scale business analytics applications and enables customers to:
- Easily scale to meet business demands: The innovative Dell PowerEdge R910 and R920 server design allows for incremental growth from 1 to 16 terabytes. This gives customers the ability to buy exactly what they need today, with the confidence that their infrastructure can keep pace as their needs increase.
- Future-proof their technology investments: Dell takes a different approach than others in the industry and provides scale-out solutions with the same PowerEdge server platform for all configurations. This eliminates the need to “rip and replace” when upgrading systems and provides modular, non-disruptive scalability.
- Provide enterprise class availability: Utilizing both fibre channel SAN technology and a highly available multi-node design, the Dell scale-out solutions for SAP HANA are engineered to provide resiliency and easy expandability.
Dell Services for SAP HANA
Dell offers thousands of enterprise consultants through its services organization to provide customers with an enterprise solution delivery model that spans hardware, consulting and implementation designed to enhance the value of SAP HANA solutions for customers.
Find out more about our SAP HANA solutions at http://www.dell.com/HANA.
“Dell today is a very different company than it was a few short years ago. We have expanded the range of products and solutions we offer customers and are helping them solve business problems in different ways. We have also increased our focus on designing and delivering the best technology infrastructure on which businesses can run mission-critical applications,” said Sam Greenblatt, chief architect, technology officer and vice president of Engineered Solutions and Technology at Dell. “This effort is evident with the PowerEdge R920’s certification for SAP HANA, and it is another example of how we are working to ensure the two companies’ products and technologies are integrated and optimized for use with each other.”
“SAP HANA is the engine that allows businesses to operate in real-time and gain insights from mountains of disparate data,” said Daniel Schneiss, head of HANA platform development at SAP AG. “Optimized infrastructure and services together with SAP HANA are key for effective customer deployment. Dell is doing great work to help organizations achieve better, faster and more sustainable business results and their latest certifications on SAP HANA are a great step forward.”
- The single-server PowerEdge R920 configuration for SAP HANA is available now, with scale-out configurations on this platform available later this summer.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
About Dell Enterprise Forum
Dell Enterprise Forum is the premier technical learning event for Dell enterprise customers and channel partners. The conference, held annually in the US and Europe, offers an intensive, interactive learning experience across the data center—from servers and storage to networking and converged solutions.
Dell and Dell PowerEdge are trademarks of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
*Benchmark results based on best SAP SD Two-Tier results published as of April 2014. For the latest SAP SD Two-Tier results, visit: http://global.sap.com/solutions/benchmark/sd2tier.epx.
Oct. 1, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,918
Oct. 1, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 796
Oct. 1, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,937
Oct. 1, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,796
Oct. 1, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,336
Oct. 1, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 632
Oct. 1, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,434
Oct. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,752
Oct. 1, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 571
Oct. 1, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,812
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,657
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,481
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,127
Apache Hadoop is a key technology for gaining business insights from your Big Data, but the penetration into enterprises is shockingly low. In fact, Apache Hadoop and Big Data proponents recognize that this technology has not yet achieved its game-changing business potential. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, John Mertic, director of program management for ODPi at The Linux Foundation, will explain why this is, how we can work together as an open data community to increase adoption, and the i...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,232
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,977