|By Marketwired .||
|April 15, 2014 03:01 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/15/14 -- Embarcadero Technologies, a leading provider of software solutions for application and database development, today launched Embarcadero® RAD Studio XE6, the complete multi-device, natively compiled app development platform for Windows, Android, iOS and Mac.
Most developers are making the move to mobile. Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 is one of the most complete software development solutions for building natively compiled apps for Windows, Android, iOS and Mac from a single code base. It introduces the first C++ visual development environment for Android apps, enables developers to modernize their Windows applications with VCL enhancements and easy expansion to mobile, and quickly creates high-quality apps on multiple platforms and devices, effectively increasing developer productivity up to 20x.
- Expanded support for Android makes Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 the only solution on the market to provide an integrated development environment (IDE) that supports visual development of C++ applications for Windows, Android, iOS and Mac. Users can create natively compiled apps for all platforms for both desktop and mobile, and even wearable devices like Google Glass, with a single C++ or Object Pascal (Delphi) codebase. A simple recompile delivers the same app with either a native or custom user interface (UI) to iOS, Windows, and Mac OS X with no code changes. RAD Studio XE6 supports multiple versions of Android, including 4.4 KitKat.
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 helps Windows VCL (Visual Component Library) developers support their customers' move to mobile with a manageable effort. New App Tethering components enable developers to extend existing Windows VCL applications to mobile -- including wearable devices likes Google Glass -- without having to port an entire Windows application. Developers can create easy-to-build and powerful mobile companion apps for VCL applications, and pick the features that make sense for mobile and can easily interact with existing Windows applications.
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 makes it easier for users to take advantage of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 features and style to transition customers from the no longer supported Windows XP to modern Windows 7 and 8.1 operating systems. Using RAD Studio XE6, app developers can modernize VCL Windows applications; preview and interact with multi-windowed applications with new Windows taskbar components; give applications a fresh, updated Windows 7 and 8.1 or custom look; and fully style applications, including menus and borders, to deliver a modern user experience. Developers can also give customers high performance 64-bit versions of their 32-bit apps.
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 makes it easy to connect with cloud services and Backend-as-a-Service (BaaS) providers. New BaaS integration with components for Kinvey and Parse provides easy application access to powerful backend services in the cloud -- such as push notifications, storage, and user authentication -- thus eliminating the need for developers to build or operate their own backend IT services and infrastructure. Developers can now quickly integrate with leading BaaS providers to add functionality and platform services to their mobile applications.
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 empowers app developers to monetize mobile apps by integrating in-app purchase functionality and advertising. Developers can sell content, functionality, services and subscriptions on iOS and Android. RAD Studio XE6 supports the top ad networks, including Google AdMob and Apple iAd.
- RAD Studio XE6, Delphi XE6 and C++Builder XE6 are available immediately from Embarcadero and from Embarcadero partners.
- Visit the Embarcadero online store at https://store.embarcadero.com/ for pricing.
- To download a free trial, visit http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/downloads.
- "Our customers asked us to create a mobile version of our desktop application that can be used by their field personnel. RAD Studio XE6 has provided us with the ability to create truly native versions of our applications for both iOS and Android," said Bill Brookfield, Senior Programmer, Perconti Data Systems. "The single code base and outstanding IDE allowed us to build, test and deploy to our customers in record time."
- "Windows developers today are looking for ways to bring their applications to other platforms even as they deal with the discontinuation of support for Windows XP," Al Hilwa, Program Director for IDC's Application Development Software research. "RAD Studio XE6 is a multi-platform development environment for both desktop and mobile that helps developers transition to the latest Windows OS and extend their Windows apps to mobile using a single C++ or Delphi codebase."
- "Now that Windows XP is officially retired, app developers face new pressures and opportunities to modernize their Windows applications and transition customers onto a supported OS," said Michael Swindell, senior vice president of products at Embarcadero Technologies. "RAD Studio XE6 will help developers update their VCL applications to the latest versions of Windows and provide a fast and easy way to extend existing Windows applications to iOS and Android mobile devices, and even wearable devices like Google Glass. RAD Studio XE6 offers a complete multi-device application platform that demonstrates our commitment to supporting the Windows desktop OS and evolving our mobile support to deliver critical features and support for our customers' success across desktop and mobile platforms with a single code base."
RAD Studio XE6 launched by @EmbarcaderoTech. Modernizes Windows XP apps; extends them to mobile: http://embt.co/RADXE6PR
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. To learn more, please visit www.embarcadero.com.
"There is a huge interest in Kubernetes. People are now starting to use Kubernetes and implement it," stated Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 17, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,910
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 17, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 424
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Jan. 17, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 11,581
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 17, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 6,191
Providing secure, mobile access to sensitive data sets is a critical element in realizing the full potential of cloud computing. However, large data caches remain inaccessible to edge devices for reasons of security, size, format or limited viewing capabilities. Medical imaging, computer aided design and seismic interpretation are just a few examples of industries facing this challenge. Rather than fighting for incremental gains by pulling these datasets to edge devices, we need to embrace the i...
Jan. 17, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,555
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 17, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,040
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 612
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 843
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 9,603
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walked through how Octob...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 2,897
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Jan. 17, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,972
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 17, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 5,316
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and containers together help companies achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of Dev...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 4,112
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,736
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,630