|By Business Wire||
|April 15, 2014 08:05 AM EDT||
MRV Communications™, Inc. (NASDAQ: MRVC) (“MRV®”), a leading provider of innovative packet and optical solutions, announced today a case study, produced in conjunction with analyst firm Heavy Reading®, on Telstra® and its implementation of advanced Carrier Ethernet solutions is now available for download. The case study explores how Telstra is utilizing MRV’s Carrier Ethernet 2.0-certified (CE 2.0) access, aggregation and management solutions for a nationwide network upgrade in more than 1,700 metro and regional exchange service areas.
To download a full copy of the case study, please visit: http://www.mrv.com/landing/Telstra-case-study-carrier-ethernet-services.
Telstra was the first service provider in APAC, and only the second
operator in the world, to receive CE 2.0 certification. Telstra
embraced CE 2.0 technology and invested in more advanced Ethernet
services to create a network foundation that could:
- Support new revenue growth opportunities
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Increase service manageability and visibility
- Simplify network costs and business processes
- MRV Communications was among the first group of suppliers to receive CE 2.0 product certification.
- Telstra’s next-generation Ethernet services use a set of MRV’s access, pre-aggregation and service provisioning and management platforms, including the OptiSwitch® demarcation and pre-aggregation solution and the Pro-Vision® service provisioning and network management system.
- Collaboration with MRV has allowed Telstra to adopt CE 2.0 technology and augment it with automated service provisioning and SLA verification and monitoring. This puts Telstra in a stronger position to compete around service performance and the quality of customer experience – principal battlegrounds in today’s Ethernet market.
- Aligning with MEF CE 2.0 requirements, and working with MRV, provides Telstra a strong foundation for offering robust service level agreements, facilitates smoother Ethernet network-to-network interconnection arrangements with other service providers and makes it easier to deliver standardized solutions for specific industry verticals and wholesale customers.
- The multi-dimensional nature of MRV’s CE 2.0 solution allows Telstra the option to enhance its current service portfolio using the same access and aggregation infrastructure. This will allow Telstra to continue to optimize its network infrastructure and refine its service offering to better compete with traditional and over-the-top (OTT) service providers.
“MRV’s OptiSwitch® service demarcation and pre-aggregation solutions provide granular scalability, reliability and network efficiencies and consequently help reduce operational costs.”
--David Robertson, Director, Transport and Routing Engineering, Telstra
“MEF CE 2.0 certification means our customers can have complete confidence in the quality and reach of our Ethernet products. We are committed to evolving our business well beyond simple connectivity solutions while continuing to leverage the competitive advantage we gain from our national IP-MPLS/VPLS infrastructure.”
--Julio Coelho, General Manager, DIPNAS, Telstra Wholesale
“Today’s market dynamics are enabling forward thinking Tier 1 service providers to optimize and evolve their networks with solutions that allow them to grow their business in a highly competitive environment. MRV is committed to delivering innovative, flexible and intelligent network solutions that will enable our customers, like Telstra, to transform their service delivery infrastructure and make it easier for them to accelerate service creation.”
--Dave Stehlin, CEO, MRV Communications
About MRV Communications
MRV Communications is a global leader in converged packet and optical solutions that empower the optical edge. For more than two decades, the most demanding service providers, Fortune 1000 companies and governments worldwide have trusted MRV to provide best-in-class solutions and services for their mission-critical networks. We help our customers overcome the challenge of orchestrating the ever-increasing need for capacity while improving service delivery and lowering network costs for critical applications such as cloud connectivity, high-capacity business services, mobile backhaul and data center connectivity.
For more information please visit www.mrv.com.
Telstra® and Heavy Reading® are registered trademarks of their respective owners, not MRV
Nov. 30, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 561
Nov. 30, 2015 07:00 AM EST Reads: 380
Nov. 30, 2015 07:00 AM EST Reads: 466
Nov. 30, 2015 06:00 AM EST Reads: 386
Nov. 30, 2015 05:30 AM EST Reads: 493
Nov. 30, 2015 05:15 AM EST Reads: 249
Nov. 30, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 607
Nov. 30, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 347
Nov. 30, 2015 03:45 AM EST Reads: 437
Nov. 30, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 513
Nov. 30, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 447
Nov. 30, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 449
Nov. 30, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 450
Nov. 30, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 418
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, explored the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and provided a hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He examined three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. Asaf Yigal is co-founder and VP of Product at log analytics software company Logz.io. In the past, he was co-founder of social-trading platform Currensee, which...
Nov. 29, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 257