|By PR Newswire||
|April 15, 2014 02:18 PM EDT||
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., April 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Firehouse Subs, the fast casual restaurant chain founded by firemen, introduces its new "Hearty & Flavorful, Under 500 Calories" menu, the largest and most significant menu addition in Firehouse Subs' 19-year history. The Hearty & Flavorful menu debuts six subs and four chopped salads each under 500 calories and is available at all Firehouse Subs nationwide.
Co-founders and former firefighting brothers Chris Sorensen and Robin Sorensen spent more than one year developing each signature recipe, ensuring the menu didn't sacrifice taste and retained the signature flavors Firehouse Subs guests expect. The sandwiches have the same portion size of meat as a medium-sized sub but cut calories with new recipes built upon Firehouse Subs' private recipe wheat sub roll, Sargento® cheeses and the addition of Duke's Light Mayonnaise. The chopped salads are made to order using a base of Romaine, tomato, bell pepper, cucumber, mozzarella, pepperoncini, Kalamata olives, and light Italian dressing.
"The creation of a low calorie menu without sacrificing taste [part of the brand's mission is its commitment to hearty and flavorful food] was a tall order," says Robin Sorensen, co-founder, Firehouse Subs. He adds that the outcome is a menu of high quality, flavor-packed subs and salads. "Our guests now have 10 new choices, full of flavor and under 500 calories, to add to their healthy lifestyle."
The Hearty & Flavorful Menu:
- Sriracha Beef™ (480 calories): USDA Choice roast beef, Monterey Jack, spicy Sriracha sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion, light mayo, and light wheat roll.
- Hook & Ladder Light™ (450 calories): Smoked turkey breast, Virginia honey ham, Monterey Jack, lettuce, tomato, onion, deli mustard, light mayo, and light wheat roll.
- Turkey Salsa Verde™ (430 calories): Smoked turkey breast, Monterey Jack, salsa verde sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion, light mayo, and light wheat roll.
- Captain Sorensen's Datil Pepper Grilled Chicken™ (430 calories): Grilled chicken, Monterey Jack, Captain Sorensen's® Datil Pepper Sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion, light mayo, and light wheat roll.
- Turkey & Cranberry™ (495 calories): Smoked turkey breast, Monterey Jack, cranberry spread, lettuce, tomato, onion, light mayo, and light wheat roll.
- Momma's Homemade Chicken Salad™ (495 calories): Chicken salad, pecans, Swiss, tomato, light mayo, and light wheat roll.
- Firehouse Salad™ (330-400 calories; No meat – 240 calories): Smoked turkey breast, grilled chicken or Virginia honey ham.
- Italian with Grilled Chicken™ (490 calories): Salami and grilled chicken.
- Hook & Ladder Salad™ (370 calories): Smoked turkey breast and Virginia honey ham.
- Momma's Homemade Chicken Salad™ (425 calories): A scoop of chicken salad with pecans.
Since 2011, Firehouse Subs has been the only brand to offer a Coca-Cola Freestyle® fountain in every location, with more than 70 low calorie options and 90 caffeine-free options. Firehouse Subs offers brands such as Sprite Zero™ with Raspberry, Minute Maid® Light Strawberry Lemonade, Powerade Zero® Grape, DASANI® Sensations Lime, and of course, its signature Cherry Lime-Aid™ Light, an exclusive original recipe served with fresh squeezed lime.
About Firehouse Subs:
Firehouse Subs is a fast casual restaurant chain with a passion for Hearty and Flavorful Food, Heartfelt Service and Public Safety. Founded by former firefighters and brothers Chris Sorensen and Robin Sorensen, Firehouse Subs is a brand built on decades of fire and police service, the highest quality meats and cheeses piled higher, steaming hot subs, and its commitment to saving lives through the creation of Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation®. The founders are the real deal, the food is their creation, and the company is built upon a family of franchise operators who share their same passion for serving others. Firehouse Subs consistently ranks No. 1 among fast casual brands in the categories of food quality, taste and flavor, and friendly service; for the last two years Franchise Business Review has ranked it No. 1 in franchisee satisfaction and in 2013, Firehouse Subs was named the second fastest growing U.S. restaurant chain by Technomic.
$9 million donated to public safety organizations
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla.
SOURCE Firehouse Subs
Deploying applications in hybrid cloud environments is hard work. Your team spends most of the time maintaining your infrastructure, configuring dev/test and production environments, and deploying applications across environments – which can be both time consuming and error prone. But what if you could automate provisioning and deployment to deliver error free environments faster? What could you do with your free time?
Aug. 28, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,924
Aug. 28, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 665
Aug. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,598
Aug. 28, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,910
Aug. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 718
Aug. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,482
Aug. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 736
Aug. 28, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,650
Aug. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,415
Aug. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 843
Aug. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 678
Aug. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,952
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,121
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 694
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 853