|By Business Wire||
|April 16, 2014 12:12 PM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mn656c/status_of_the) has announced the addition of the "Global CMOS Image Sensor Industry Report 2014" report to their offering.
At the front-end level, CMOS image sensors are undergoing numerous technological innovations. The race towards smaller pixels (and thus a smaller light-receiving photodiode area) in order to achieve better resolution also leads to pixel performance degradation. This is due to the degradation of two key parameters: SNR (limited by QE and spectral cross-talk) and well capacity. To cope with resolution loss when pixel size is reduced, heavy process and design innovations are necessary to overcome the limitations of conventional pixel performance and move to advanced pixel technology, while maintaining high sensitivity. All of these process improvements can be applied to less-aggressive pixel sizes and therefore contribute to overall performance increase. These evolutions are described in our report.
The current batch of breakthrough CMOS image sensor technologies aim to:
- Diminish thickness (module level)
- Improve image sensor performance (i.e. QE, sensitivity, resolution, reduced cross-talk, higher dynamic range, multispectral imaging, faster processing, higher CRA, lower power consumption)
- Permit new functions (i.e. post/fast focus, photon discrimination, 3D imaging, gesture recognition, increased processing power).
Objectives of the report
- Provide market data on key CIS market metrics & dynamics:
- - CMOS image sensor unit shipments, revenue and wafer production by application.
- - Market share with detailed breakdown for each Player (2011, 2012 and 2013 estimation).
- - Application focus on key CMOS image sensor growth areas (mobile handsets, DSC, DSLR, medical, automotive, security & surveillance, etc.).
- Provide key technical insight into future technology trends and challenges:
- - From a manufacturing standpoint: design and front-end innovations.
- - A special focus is included for BSI technology, which has reshaped the image sensor industry - just as we predicted.
- Provide an in-depth understanding of the CIS value chain, infrastructure and players:
- - Who are the CMOS image sensor players (IDMs, foundries, design houses) and how are they related?
- - More generally, who are the key suppliers to watch and how will the CMOS image sensor industry evolve?
Key features of the report
- Market forecasts in $US, units and wafers through 2018
- Market segmentation for eight different applications
- Supply chain analysis by application
- Competitive landscape analysis with market share and estimated evolution
- Technologies analysis and evolution
- Players market shares (including 2013 estimation)
Key Topics Covered:
1. What we saw, what we missed
2. Changes for the 2013 report
3. Report objectives & scope
4. Executive summary
5. Introduction & background
6. Market forecasts & supply chain
7. Application focus
8. New & future technologies
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mn656c/status_of_the
May. 24, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 916
May. 24, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 708
May. 24, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,625
May. 24, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 604
May. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,830
May. 24, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 999
May. 24, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 892
May. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,810
May. 24, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,675
May. 24, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,342
May. 24, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 917
May. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,067
May. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,833
Customer experience has become a competitive differentiator for companies, and it’s imperative that brands seamlessly connect the customer journey across all platforms. With the continued explosion of IoT, join us for a look at how to build a winning digital foundation in the connected era – today and in the future. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Nguyen, Group Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how to successfully leverage mobile, rapidly deploy content, capture real-time d...
May. 24, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,355
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? How do you coordinate the diverse moving parts that must come together when developing your IoT product? What are the key challenges addressed by Data as a Service? How does cloud computing underlie and connect the notions of Digital and DevOps What is the impact of the API economy? What is the business imperative for Cognitive Computing? Get all these questions and hundreds more like them answered at the 18th Cloud Expo...
May. 24, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,046