|By Business Wire||
|April 17, 2014 03:10 PM EDT||
The 13th annual Bio-IT World Conference & Expo, to be held April 29-May 1 at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston, today announced that it will debut a new disciplinary track focused on data security. The new track, “Data Security: Meeting the Challenge in a Data-Centric World,” will address security services for both cloud-based systems and traditional computing.
Data security is defined by the processes and mechanisms in place that prevent data misuse and identify threat risks. However, many biological research data sources, from IP to genomic to mobile, require different levels of security. It is the way data is accessed, however, and not where it exists that organizations should concern themselves with the most.
“This is a track we added in response to feedback from attendees of previous year’s conferences, who noted the exponential growth of data and the need to ensure proper access to and security of it,” said Cindy Crowninshield, RD, LDN, Conference Director for Bio-IT World. “We will also feature our core tracks that have drawn attendees to the conference over the years and look into both the foundations and future of biotechnology.”
In addition to the new track on data security, other tracks being featured at Bio-IT World Conference & Expo include:
- IT Infrastructure – Hardware: Big Data Solutions and End-User Perspectives – networking infrastructures, integrated computing and storage platforms and solutions, as well as analytics.
- Software Development: Technologies and Applications for Managing and Sharing Data – data handling, workflows and systems integration activities.
- Cloud Computing: Riding the Cloud to Next-Generation Computing – the rapid growth and continuing maturation of the cloud as well as evolving provider and user experiences.
- Bioinformatics: Utilizing Massive Quantities of –omic Information across Research Initiatives – technologies and tools that bring together relevant -omic data from multiple physical locations for analysis.
- Next-Generation Sequencing Informatics: Advances in Analysis and Interpretation of NGS Data – advances in analysis and interpretation of next-gen sequencing data.
- Systems Pharmacology: Pathways to Patient Response – how compounds (i.e., drugs) work in the body and how they are influenced by various -omics.
- eClinical Trials Solutions: Innovative Management in Clinical Trials – innovative clinical technology solutions and best practice approaches to clinical research management.
- Data Visualization and Exploration Tools: From Genomics to the Discovery – how to design, implement and evaluate visualization techniques and tools that offer real value to the user both in support of genomics and sequencing research, as well as in drug discovery and development.
- Pharmaceutical R&D Informatics: Collaboration, Data Science and Biologics – how pharma and academia continue to meet the need of supporting collaboration and externalization and how big data and data science are currently impacting R&D.
- Clinical Genomics: Tools for Interrogation, Integration and Implementation – the shift from discovery research into clinical implementation.
- Collaborations and Open Access Innovations: Collaborative and Open Access Models for Advancing Research, Discovery and Personalized Medicine – best practices in collaboration and information sharing that helps to drive progress in translational research.
- Cancer Informatics: Applying Computational Biology to Cancer Research & Care – informatics trends and challenges in cancer research and care including data access, analysis, integration, management and application for biological interpretation to aid in research at the benchside or care at the bedside.
More information about the Bio-IT World Conference & Expo is available on the Web at http://www.bio-itworldexpo.com/. To register for the event, please visit https://chidb.com/register/2014/BIT/reg.asp.
About Bio-IT World (http://www.Bio-ITWorld.com)
Part of the Cambridge Healthtech Institute Media Group (http://www.chimediagroup.com), Bio-IT World provides outstanding coverage of cutting-edge trends and technologies that impact the management and analysis of life sciences data, including next-generation sequencing, drug discovery, predictive and systems biology, informatics tools, clinical trials, and personalized medicine. Through a variety of sources including, Bio-ITWorld.com, Weekly Update Newsletter and the Bio-IT World News Bulletins, Bio-IT World is a leading source of news and opinion on technology and strategic innovation in the life sciences, including drug discovery and development.
About Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI)
Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI) (www.chicorporate.com), founded in 1992, is the industry leader in providing superior-quality scientific information to eminent researchers and business experts from top pharmaceutical, biotech, and academic organizations. Delivering an assortment of resources such as events, reports, publications and eNewsletters, CHI's portfolio of products include Cambridge Healthtech Institute Conferences, Barnett Educational Services, Insight Pharma Reports, Cambridge Marketing Consultants, Cambridge Meeting Planners, and Cambridge Healthtech Media Group.
Sep. 30, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,577
Sep. 30, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,656
Sep. 30, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 354
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 548
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,663
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,234
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,012
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,652
Sep. 30, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,645
Sep. 30, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 654
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,465
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Sep. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 357
Sep. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,258
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,726
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,162