|By Business Wire||
|April 21, 2014 03:00 AM EDT||
American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS), the leading designer and manufacturer of open platform and PC-based HMIs touch panel interfaces, announces its design for manufacturability services for new open, hazardous area mobile HMI tablets integrating the new Celeron® Processor N2920 from Intel®. The new N2920 Celeron® processor from Intel® will bring more processing power and feature sets to AIS open HMI platforms. The new open, Class I Division 2, ATEX and IECEX Zone 2 certified oilfield mobile HMI panel solutions from AIS will also be powered by a Windows Embedded 8 operating system. Offering the same rich, multi-touch experience as Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, Windows Embedded 8 delivers compelling visual experiences for users on AIS open, PC-based HMI panels.
Hazardous Area Mobile HMI Portable Tablet PC Enables Wireless Application for Zone 2 and Division 2 Oilfield Communications (Photo: Business Wire)
AIS Mobile HMI Panels are Real-Time, Business and Visual Intelligence (BI) Field Mobility Solutions for Manufacturing, Industrial, Building and Energy Applications
The combination of AIS Design for Manufacturability services for open PC-based mobile HMI tablets new product development, powered by the new Celeron® Processor N2920 processor from Intel®, and a Windows Embedded 8 operating system, will give OEM/ODM and end-user customers next generation machinery and equipment unprecedented control and monitoring capabilities and advantages. It will create new revenue generating business models and opportunities and provide better access to business intelligence and data processing for better decision making.
- AIS Design for Manufacturability (DMS): delivers complete in-house engineering services that provide turnkey visualization solutions for OEMs/ODMs to integrate with their machinery and equipment. AIS DMS will allow them to be faster to market with their machinery equipped with an AIS PC-based HMI solution. It will also offer higher reliability, higher availability and the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO). In addition, AIS DMS will also help customers maintain their competitive edge by delivering new products and services that will align with new technology requirements and trends.
- Total HMI Mobility & Flexibility: the need to obtain, secure and access remote areas with mobile HMI devices and tablets that are open PC-based solutions with wireless connectivity is imperative for operators to be more effective in their jobs. Users can now access real-time and historical KPIs, trends and charts with 3rd Party HMI/SCADA software and increase efficiency by using AIS open platform, Mobile HMI panels.
Integrating the latest Celeron® Processor N2920 from Intel with AIS
Open HMI Panels: As the engine of the system, the processor is
responsible for everything from heavy data crunching to video. The new
Intel® Celeron® Processor N2920 adds new functionality, feature and
performance with its latest enhancements:
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) allows one hardware platform to function as multiple “virtual” platforms for improved manageability by limiting downtime and maintaining productivity by isolating computing activities into separate partitions.
- Intel® VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT), also known as Second Level Address Translation (SLAT), provides acceleration for memory intensive virtualized applications.
- Intel 64 architecture improves performance by allowing systems to address more than 4 GB of both virtual and physical memory.
- Intel® Trusted Execution Technology for safer computing is a versatile set of hardware extensions to Intel® processors and chipsets that enhance the digital office platform with security capabilities such as measured launch and protected execution. It enables an environment where applications can run within their own space, protected from all other software on the system.
AIS Oilfield Mobility Solution Can Help Improve Any Application with Benefits of the following:
- Accuracy: Eliminate errors in the field to access real-time and historical KPIs, trends and charts for increased operator productivity.
- Efficiency: Allow engineers, operators and technicians to do their jobs on-the-go and provide a better operational performance.
- Productivity: Reduce engineer, operator and technician hours through automated data capture to instantly view critical information.
- Optimization: Improve workforce management with visibility into performance metrics.
Windows Embedded 8 Intuitive Interface and AIS Open, PC-Based HMIs Empower Customers to Gain Better Visibility into Production Areas Previously Not Accessible to Mobile HMI Users
By integrating AIS open, HMI panels with Windows Embedded 8, end-users will experience an intuitive, rich interface that serves up a targeted and consistent device experience to the operator. Windows Embedded provides a consistent, streamlined application platform that shortens development cycles for specific industry device scenarios in oil & gas operations, manufacturing and other industries.
- Compelling user interface, powerful application support, system security and manageability of Windows 8.1 operating system.
- Ensure consistent configuration with lockdown features.
- Full Windows provides a consistent development experience.
- Plug and play peripheral capabilities with POS for .NET.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, USA, American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS) offers in-house electronic and mechanical design, software development, manufacturing, production and quality control services. Offering one of the widest ranges of industrial computing solutions, AIS solutions are available in a multitude of configurations for industrial, oil & gas, military and marine applications.
The company is fully committed to empowering, improving and delivering turnkey HMI, monitoring and display solutions for OEM, ODM and end-user customers. AIS is an ISO 9001:2008 certified supplier and manufacturer of rugged computers and displays, and received completion of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) registration from the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC). For more information, visit: www.aispro.com, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact: 1-888-485-6688.
Feb. 19, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 5,348
Feb. 19, 2017 05:45 AM EST Reads: 4,717
Feb. 19, 2017 05:45 AM EST Reads: 797
Feb. 19, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 4,658
Feb. 19, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 10,965
Feb. 19, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 3,811
Feb. 19, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,532
Feb. 19, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 748
Feb. 19, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,277
Feb. 19, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 3,913
Feb. 19, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 2,846
Feb. 19, 2017 12:15 AM EST Reads: 661
Feb. 18, 2017 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,837
Feb. 18, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 8,571
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 18, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 643