|By PR Newswire||
|April 21, 2014 05:20 AM EDT||
PARKERSBURG, W.Va., April 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- MS -- Add a new twist to your annual spring home improvement campaign. Spend some quality time with your house, and make a list of the pluses and minuses as if you were considering whether to buy it. Use the list to develop projects that will create your "dream home" over a year's time. To help you, Woodcraft offers ideas for projects and products.
- Use paints, stains, dyes, finishes and related products to reinvigorate the wood throughout your home, including doors, shutters, walls and furniture.
- Add molding or other trim to give walls an upscale look.
- Expand storage space with wall hung or free-standing shelving in as many rooms and areas as possible.
- Replace or upcycle kitchen, bathroom or garage cabinets as well as outdated bathroom vanities.
- Add a wood deck, patio or porch to your outdoor area, and repair/revive or build outdoor furniture.
"If the changes you envision involve unfamiliar tasks, do some research. We offer books about home improvement, as well as Woodcraft Magazine, technique downloads and product how-to videos online," product manager Ben Bice said. "Or get some expert advice at your nearest Woodcraft store."
- General Finishes Water-Based Milk Paints include a 28-color base selection of premixed acrylic paints that can be combined to create even more colors
- suitable for indoor or outdoor projects.
- General Finishes Gel Stains and Topcoat are easy to use — simply wipe on with a rag and wipe off the excess. Stains are available in 12 shades, including the popular Java and Georgian Cherry.
- Festool's Rotex RO90 Multi-Purpose Sander switches easily between three sanding modes — aggressive, random orbital finish sanding and delta detail sanding — that will handle a host of tasks.
- The QuikBENCH Portable Workbench holds 300 lbs. alone. Add another to form a sawhorse to hold 2,000 pounds, or connect several for a larger workstation. Includes a circuit protected three-outlet power strip.
- The EZ Pro Crown King Crown Molding Jig from General Tools works with a miter saw to cut crown molding joints precisely without difficult angle calculations and compound angle cuts.
- 3M PSA-Backed Veneer is real wood veneer permanently bonded to 3M Pressure Sensitive Adhesive. It can be applied to MDF, particleboard, plywood and drywall with excellent results.
- Fein's MultiMaster Q Start Kit is equipped for sawing, rasping, scraping, removing grout, sanding, polishing and cutting, all powered by a 250-watt, variable-speed motor.
- "Transforming Your Kitchen with Stock Cabinetry" is a 160-page softcover book that shows how to transform a kitchen using money-saving stock cabinetry and a well-thought-out plan.
- Grex 18-Gauge 2" Nailer — Green Buddy is a precision nailer that fires 1/2" to 2" 18-gauge nails for trim and moldings, cabinet assembly, furniture and more.
- The Kreg Jig® K5 Pocket Hole System offers an easy way to use pocket-hole joints in your furniture and home projects such as decks and porches.
To learn more about these products and others that can help you update your home, visit your local Woodcraft store, call (800) 535-4482 or visit www.woodcraft.com.
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, San...
Nov. 26, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 515
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true ...
Nov. 26, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 478
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, explored the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and provided a hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He examined three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. Asaf Yigal is co-founder and VP of Product at log analytics software company Logz.io. In the past, he was co-founder of social-trading platform Currensee, which...
Nov. 26, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 146
PubNub has announced the release of BLOCKS, a set of customizable microservices that give developers a simple way to add code and deploy features for realtime apps.PubNub BLOCKS executes business logic directly on the data streaming through PubNub’s network without splitting it off to an intermediary server controlled by the customer. This revolutionary approach streamlines app development, reduces endpoint-to-endpoint latency, and allows apps to better leverage the enormous scalability of PubNu...
Nov. 26, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 276
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ab...
Nov. 25, 2015 10:00 PM EST Reads: 341
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem"...
Nov. 25, 2015 10:00 PM EST Reads: 389
I recently attended and was a speaker at the 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center. I also had the opportunity to attend this event last year and I wrote a blog from that show talking about how the “Enterprise Impact of IoT” was a key theme of last year’s show. I was curious to see if the same theme would still resonate 365 days later and what, if any, changes I would see in the content presented.
Nov. 25, 2015 09:00 PM EST Reads: 362
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Ben Perlmutter, a Sales Engineer with IBM Cloudant, demonstrated techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user e...
Nov. 25, 2015 08:30 PM EST Reads: 365
Container technology is shaping the future of DevOps and it’s also changing the way organizations think about application development. With the rise of mobile applications in the enterprise, businesses are abandoning year-long development cycles and embracing technologies that enable rapid development and continuous deployment of apps. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kurt Collins, Developer Evangelist at Built.io, examined how Docker has evolved into a highly effective tool for application del...
Nov. 25, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 301
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 25, 2015 03:45 PM EST
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 493
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Nov. 25, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 506
The cloud. Like a comic book superhero, there seems to be no problem it can’t fix or cost it can’t slash. Yet making the transition is not always easy and production environments are still largely on premise. Taking some practical and sensible steps to reduce risk can also help provide a basis for a successful cloud transition. A plethora of surveys from the likes of IDG and Gartner show that more than 70 percent of enterprises have deployed at least one or more cloud application or workload. Y...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 424
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 353
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 25, 2015 01:45 PM EST