|By Marketwired .||
|April 21, 2014 11:36 AM EDT||
MISSION, KS -- (Marketwired) -- 04/21/14 -- (Family Features) Cinco de Mayo is one flavorful fiesta and while it may land on a Monday this year, that doesn't mean you can't have some fun.
Inspired by delicious Mexican cuisine, this holiday is all about flavorful recipes and great times spent with friends. This year, make things simple and celebrate this festive day with these stress free tips:
- Keep the menu simple with 4-Ingredient Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas, rice and refried beans.
- Make your own tortilla chips. They are an easy, delicious side dish and you can wipe away oil splatters quickly with a tough cleaner, such as Formula 409, to make cleaning a breeze. Just cut soft tortillas into triangles, fry until crispy and sprinkle with salt, or even a squeeze of lime.
- Create a focal point for all of your party decor with tissue paper flowers in bright springtime colors and a fiesta or party banner to set the stage. -Tip from NoBiggie
- For less clean-up, take the party outdoors. Paper plates and inexpensive table covers will make clean-up quick. Pick red, green and white for a color scheme inspired by the flag of Mexico.
- Try a taco bar. They are a fun way to serve your guests, and you can use your disposable table covers to catch spills, scraps and avoid stains.
- Party drinks can be really sticky -- gather abandoned, partially consumed beverages right away to avoid sticky spills.
- When the party is over, grab dishes and trash first, so the mess seems less daunting. It also leaves you free to simply wipe things down with an easy-to-use cleaner, such as Formula 409 Antibacterial All-Purpose Cleaner.
For more recipes, party and cleaning tips, visit www.formula409.com.
4-Ingredient Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas By Erin Chase of $5 Dinners Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken 2 cups salsa verde, divided 16 corn tortillas 1-1 1/2 cup shredded jack cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease 9-inch-by-13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In mixing bowl, combine cooked and shredded chicken with 1/2 cup salsa verde.
Warm tortillas in slow oven, or wrapped in dishtowel in microwave. Warmed tortillas fold and roll better when making enchiladas.
Spoon a thin line of chicken-salsa verde mixture into a corn tortilla and wrap tightly. Place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat until chicken and tortillas are used up and baking dish is packed full of enchiladas. Pour remaining salsa verde sauce over top and sprinkle about 1 to 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese on top.
Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until cheese has melted and salsa verde is bubbling.
Serve warm with side of rice and refried beans.
Tip: Prepare shredded chicken on Sunday to save time. Throw 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken thighs and 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast in a slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
This and other food and lifestyle content can be found at www.editors.familyfeatures.com. Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for use in print and online publications. Register with no obligation to access a variety of formatted and unformatted features, accompanying photos, and automatically updating Web content solutions.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2572140
Wooed by the promise of faster innovation, lower TCO, and greater agility, businesses of every shape and size have embraced the cloud at every layer of the IT stack – from apps to file sharing to infrastructure. The typical organization currently uses more than a dozen sanctioned cloud apps and will shift more than half of all workloads to the cloud by 2018. Such cloud investments have delivered measurable benefits. But they’ve also resulted in some unintended side-effects: complexity and risk. ...
Feb. 22, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,083
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Feb. 22, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,097
Feb. 22, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 971
Feb. 22, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 695
Feb. 22, 2017 11:00 AM EST Reads: 3,237
Feb. 22, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 355
Feb. 22, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,504
Feb. 22, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 803
Feb. 22, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 1,333
Feb. 22, 2017 09:29 AM EST Reads: 168
Feb. 22, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 1,381
Feb. 22, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 1,132
Feb. 22, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 855
Feb. 22, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 838
Feb. 22, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 4,659