|By PR Newswire||
|April 22, 2014 11:06 AM EDT||
LOS ANGELES, April 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Summer is around the corner and with it comes sunny skies, sweltering temperatures and lots of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors. To help consumers handle the heat, premier specialty sporting goods retailer Sport Chalet has an extensive lineup of gear designed with warm weather in mind.
"Consumers understand that cold weather activities require specialized gear to stay warm; however, many consumers don't realize it is just as important to outfit themselves with the correct gear during warmer weather conditions," said Sport Chalet Expert Seton Kidd. "Choosing products designed for hotter temperatures not only provides comfort, as these products often feature lightweight, wicking materials that keep you cool, but also, they include built-in sun protection to guard your skin."
To help consumers navigate what gear is best to stay protected during the warm weather seasons, Kidd recommends the following summer essentials for men and women:
- Catch a wave, not the rays: The Roxy Women's Surf Shirt offers UPF 50+ protection in a casual, loose fit style with crew neck design and long sleeves.
- Enjoy the outdoors in comfort while blocking the sun: A technical tee with feminine, street-friendly style, this Columbia Women's PFG Zero Short Sleeve Shirt features industry leading cooling technology and UPF 50 protection. The soft stretch fabric and active fit make this shirt a great choice for all activities.
- Don't let the girls have all of the fun: The Quicksilver Men's Surf Shirt is made of polyester mesh infused with bamboo charcoal, offering UPF 40+ protection so surfers can enjoy the sand and surf without worrying about the sun. The Columbia Men's Offshore Long Sleeve Shirt lightweight ripstop fishing shirt has built-in sun protection and strategic venting, making it ideal for long days in the sun.
- Walk in comfort on the sizzling sand: The OluKai Men's Kai Ko Sandal features a lightweight footbed with an anatomical compression molded midsole for added comfort. For those making their way to the water, the coral reef-inspired bottom also provides maximum water traction.
- By sea or by land: Whether out on the water or lounging on land, the Outdoor Research Sun Hat provides UPF 50+ protection from the intense sun. Strategically placed vents and wicking fabric are in the crown to keep heads cool and dry while piping along the brim offers wind resistance if a summer storm unexpectedly brews.
- Travel with shade: Due to a unique design, the Demco Shade Shack Instant Pop-Up Sun Shelter can be set up quickly and easily by a single person for all-day sun protection. Great for the beach, park, picnic or backyard and unlike ordinary umbrellas, the Shade Shack has sand pockets or easy-to-bury stacks to keep it from blowing away.
About Sport Chalet
Sport Chalet (Nasdaq: SPCHA, SPCHB) is a premier, full service specialty sporting goods retailer featuring the industry's top sports brands in apparel, footwear, and sports equipment. Founded in 1959 by Norbert Olberz, the company has 51 stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah; an online store at www.sportchalet.com; a Team Sales division; and offers more than 50 specialty services for the sports enthusiast, including online same day delivery, climbing, backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering, avalanche education, and mountain trekking instruction, car rack installation, snowboard and ski rental and repair, Scuba training and certification, Scuba boat charters, team sales, gait analysis, baseball/softball glove steaming and lacing, racquet stringing, and bicycle tune-up and repair at its store locations. For more information, visit Sport Chalet at www.sportchalet.com.
SOURCE Sport Chalet
Oct. 27, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,085
Oct. 27, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,053
Oct. 27, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,034
Oct. 27, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,252
Oct. 27, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,212
Oct. 27, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 981
Oct. 27, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,138
Oct. 27, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 452
Oct. 27, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,875
Oct. 27, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 482
Donna Yasay, President of HomeGrid Forum, today discussed with a panel of technology peers how certification programs are at the forefront of interoperability, and the answer for vendors looking to keep up with today's growing industry for smart home innovation. "To ensure multi-vendor interoperability, accredited industry certification programs should be used for every product to provide credibility and quality assurance for retail and carrier based customers looking to add ever increasing num...
Oct. 27, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 772
Oct. 27, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,362
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 27, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,123
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 27, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 741
“Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CloudBerry Backup is a leading cross-platform cloud backup and disaster recovery solution integrated with major public cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
Oct. 27, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,509