|By PR Newswire||
|April 22, 2014 02:16 PM EDT||
BURLINGTON, Mass., April 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group finds that understanding the ACA-driven impact of three key and evolving areas will be critical to U.S. businesses in the healthcare space. Payers, providers and pharma alike are struggling with the inevitable questions driven from the industry-changing results of the ACA: more Americans having health benefits, payers having new rules and the beginning of the move from fee-for-service to value-based payment. The keynote address of Decision Resources Group's upcoming Healthcare Reform Seminar, presented by Senior Director Jane DuBose, will discuss these questions. The seminar will be held on May 6, 2014, at the Clift San Francisco.
- The keynote address, ACA-Driven Game Changers: How the Evolution of 3 Key Areas Will Impact Your Business, will include discussion of the business questions most crucial for U.S. healthcare stakeholders to understand:
- There may be more insured lives, but is the bar being lowered in terms of benefits?
- How big will the Private exchange movement get?
- And, are uninsured rates declining where they need to?
- Standard benefits force payers to differentiate in other ways—where will they find a competitive edge?
- How will medical spending and preventative care rules affect pharma?
- How can biopharma fit into shared savings and risk contracts between payers, physician groups and IDNs?
- How are hospital readmission penalties changing the game for partnerships around improved transitions of care for patients?
- Other sessions include:
- ACO Collaboration & Competition: A Closer Look at "Accountable Communities of Care"
- The Impact of Health Exchanges on Prescribing for Chronic Indications
- Crying in the Wilderness: The HITECH Act, Healthcare Reform and the Quest for Accountable Care
- Staying Two Steps Ahead of the Cadillac Tax: Private Exchanges
- Exchanges: What 2014 Open Enrollment Taught Us…and What 2015 Might Look Like
- Jane DuBose, Senior Director of Advisory Services for Decision Resources Group, said: "Payers are experiencing significant changes in business practices related to healthcare reform—and that's no surprise—but the rate of change is prompting a re-evaluation of provider relationships, drug access decisions and consumer marketing. It's very important for biopharma to fully understand the implications as they interact with payers."
- Sheri Sellmeyer, Vice President of Advisory Services for Decision Resources Group, adds: "There is tremendous confusion in the market between public and private exchanges. While the significant numbers are in public exchanges right now, private exchanges—which are really defined contribution plans—are picking up momentum and will be a key vehicle for large employers trying to avoid the consequences of the Cadillac Tax in 2018. Understanding how benefits are playing out and how they are expected to evolve in the private exchanges will be essential for pharma."
- For more information and to register, please visit: http://www.competitivelandscapeseries.com/healthcare-reform/index.html
- Links to further insights on ACOs, Exchanges and the broader implications of Healthcare Reform can be found here.
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Find out more at www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,496
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,495
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 849
The Quantified Economy represents the total global addressable market (TAM) for IoT that, according to a recent IDC report, will grow to an unprecedented $1.3 trillion by 2019. With this the third wave of the Internet-global proliferation of connected devices, appliances and sensors is poised to take off in 2016. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David McLauchlan, CEO and co-founder of Buddy Platform, discussed how the ability to access and analyze the massive volume of streaming data from millio...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,073
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,528
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,324
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, will draw together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established ...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,301
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Oct. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,497
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and microservices. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your conta...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,473
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,716
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 24, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 960
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 24, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 884
DevOps theory promotes a culture of continuous improvement built on collaboration, empowerment, systems thinking, and feedback loops. But how do you collaborate effectively across the traditional silos? How can you make decisions without system-wide visibility? How can you see the whole system when it is spread across teams and locations? How do you close feedback loops across teams and activities delivering complex multi-tier, cloud, container, serverless, and/or API-based services?
Oct. 24, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,046
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 24, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,670
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his session at @DevOpsSummit 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will show how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that enables everyon...
Oct. 24, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,284