|By PR Newswire||
|April 22, 2014 02:16 PM EDT||
BURLINGTON, Mass., April 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group finds that understanding the ACA-driven impact of three key and evolving areas will be critical to U.S. businesses in the healthcare space. Payers, providers and pharma alike are struggling with the inevitable questions driven from the industry-changing results of the ACA: more Americans having health benefits, payers having new rules and the beginning of the move from fee-for-service to value-based payment. The keynote address of Decision Resources Group's upcoming Healthcare Reform Seminar, presented by Senior Director Jane DuBose, will discuss these questions. The seminar will be held on May 6, 2014, at the Clift San Francisco.
- The keynote address, ACA-Driven Game Changers: How the Evolution of 3 Key Areas Will Impact Your Business, will include discussion of the business questions most crucial for U.S. healthcare stakeholders to understand:
- There may be more insured lives, but is the bar being lowered in terms of benefits?
- How big will the Private exchange movement get?
- And, are uninsured rates declining where they need to?
- Standard benefits force payers to differentiate in other ways—where will they find a competitive edge?
- How will medical spending and preventative care rules affect pharma?
- How can biopharma fit into shared savings and risk contracts between payers, physician groups and IDNs?
- How are hospital readmission penalties changing the game for partnerships around improved transitions of care for patients?
- Other sessions include:
- ACO Collaboration & Competition: A Closer Look at "Accountable Communities of Care"
- The Impact of Health Exchanges on Prescribing for Chronic Indications
- Crying in the Wilderness: The HITECH Act, Healthcare Reform and the Quest for Accountable Care
- Staying Two Steps Ahead of the Cadillac Tax: Private Exchanges
- Exchanges: What 2014 Open Enrollment Taught Us…and What 2015 Might Look Like
- Jane DuBose, Senior Director of Advisory Services for Decision Resources Group, said: "Payers are experiencing significant changes in business practices related to healthcare reform—and that's no surprise—but the rate of change is prompting a re-evaluation of provider relationships, drug access decisions and consumer marketing. It's very important for biopharma to fully understand the implications as they interact with payers."
- Sheri Sellmeyer, Vice President of Advisory Services for Decision Resources Group, adds: "There is tremendous confusion in the market between public and private exchanges. While the significant numbers are in public exchanges right now, private exchanges—which are really defined contribution plans—are picking up momentum and will be a key vehicle for large employers trying to avoid the consequences of the Cadillac Tax in 2018. Understanding how benefits are playing out and how they are expected to evolve in the private exchanges will be essential for pharma."
- For more information and to register, please visit: http://www.competitivelandscapeseries.com/healthcare-reform/index.html
- Links to further insights on ACOs, Exchanges and the broader implications of Healthcare Reform can be found here.
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Find out more at www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group
Jul. 31, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,695
Jul. 31, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,216
Jul. 31, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,020
Jul. 31, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,043
Jul. 30, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,347
Jul. 30, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,947
Jul. 30, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,504
Jul. 30, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,325
Jul. 30, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,539
Jul. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,770
Jul. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,325
Jul. 30, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,781
Jul. 30, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,313
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,129
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 595