|By PR Newswire||
|April 23, 2014 01:29 PM EDT||
LONDON, April 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com has added a new market research report:
Insight Report: Best Practice – Ensuring Optimal Customer Service and Relationship Management
The report discusses in detail the best practices adopted by banks and other card issuers for effective customer service and relationship management.
• It provides insights into key drivers that have changed the dynamics of the cards and payments industry, as banks and other payment companies are now increasingly focusing on providing improved services and building long-term relationships with customers.
• It captures insights into emerging operations, technology and regulatory trends with regard to customer service and relationship management in the global cards and payments industry.
• Provides case examples to highlight strategies and actions taken by banks and card issuers when implementing customer service and relationship management strategies.
Customer satisfaction has always been a priority for banks and payment companies. With the advancement of technology, rising competition and changing consumer preferences, it has become even more important to have effective customer service and relationship management (CRM) to retain existing customers as well as acquire new ones.
Companies have adopted a number of best practices, including strengthening existing CRM platforms and installing new ones, managing contact center operations effectively, offering customized products and pricing at an individual level, and using online and social networking platforms to address customers' complaints.
Banks and payment companies have adopted CRM applications to improve customer services and provide suitable products, indicating a positive outlook for successfully understanding customers. Companies in the Americas and Europe were early adopters of CRM applications, and are using them as a platform to develop new products.
• This report provides insights into best practices adopted by banks and payment companies to ensure optimal customer service in the cards and payments industry.
• This report discusses the key elements that are vital in helping banks and payment companies build strong relationships with customers, including the integration of CRM applications into IT systems, effective contact center management, multi-channel consumer banking, segmenting customers, and offering customized products and pricing.
• This report discusses key regulatory developments in the retail banking and payments industry and also outlines the regulatory challenges faced by companies in utilizing online and social media as mainstream consumer-engagement channels.
• The report discusses case studies to illustrate how the adoption of best practices has enabled companies to strengthen their relationships with customers.
Reasons To Buy
• Gain an insight into strategies adopted and actions taken by banks and card issuers in various parts of the world to build long-term relationships with customers.
• Gain an understanding on key factors that drive the banks and payment companies across the world to utlize CRM practices.
• Gain an understanding of emerging operational, technological and regulatory trends and developments with regard to customer service and relationship management in the global cards and payments industry.
• Gain insights into best practices adopted by banks and payment companies while implementing customer service and relationship management strategies, with case examples.
• To offer a consistent banking experience and customer service, banks and payment companies must ensure that they establish adequate customer service channels in both banked and unbanked areas to interact with customers and provide assistance in conducting banking transactions.
• To improve the banking experience and provide customers with appropriate products, banks and other payment companies are integrating CRM applications into their IT systems. An effective CRM system enables organizations to understand customer requirements, and manage and address issues and queries efficiently.
• Social CRM is an initiative adopted by various organizations and financial institutions to help understand customers and provide appropriate solutions. Banks and payment companies set up accounts and profiles on social platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to address customers' issues, complaints and feedback.
• Banks and payment companies have developed mobile phone applications that allow customers to access their accounts and make online transactions, giving rise to the concept of 'omni-channel' banking where banks can provide customers with a single view of their finances using a mobile device.
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2 Customer Service and Relationship Management by Banks and Payment Companies
2.1.1 Key drivers
2.1.2 Emerging trends
2.1.3 Regulatory developments
3 Best Practices in Customer Service and Relationship Management
3.1 Customer Relationship Management Applications
3.1.1 Regional analysis – adoption of CRM applications in retail banking
3.1.5 The Middle East and Africa
3.2 Contact Center Management
3.3 Multi-Channel Banking Channels Proving Consumer Convenience
3.3.1 Self-service branch banking models
3.3.2 Online, social media and other digital channels
3.4 Customer Segmentation and Personalized Offerings
3.4.1 Customer segmentation based on demographics and income level
3.4.2 Customer segmentation based on relationships
4 Implementation Strategies and Case Examples
4.1 Strategic Roadmap for Customer Service and Relationship Management
4.1.1 Relationship-based services and pricing
4.1.2 Reward programs will improve customer relationship
4.1.3 Expansion of distribution network to offer services at customers' door step
4.1.4 Use of digital channels as a cost-effective means of reaching customers
4.1.5 Utilizing technology to improve customer experience
4.2 Case Studies
4.2.1 Barclays introduced an online platform allowing customers to share ideas
4.2.2 Chirpify – reinventing payments through social media
4.2.3 Citibank's launch of time-based relationship pricing with the Citi Prestige Card in Hong Kong
4.2.4 HDFC Bank adopted a CRM application to streamline customer services
4.2.5 Starbucks improved customer convenience by allowing mobile payments
4.2.6 Royal Bank of Canada introduced self-service kiosks with video-enabled assisted services
4.2.7 La Caixa's introduction of the world's first contactless ATMs in Spain
4.2.8 Alpha Bank's instant rewards through POS terminals
4.2.9 Russian Standard Bank (RSB) benefited from an analytics platform
4.2.10 Westpac offering quality service via its speech recognition solution
5.2 Contact Timetric
5.3 About Timetric
5.4 Timetric's Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Commercial Bank Branches (per 100,000 Adults), 2008–2012
Table 2: Global Spending on CRM Applications (US$ Billion), 2012–2017
Table 3: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in Europe (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Table 4: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in the Americas (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Table 5: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in Asia-Pacific (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Table 6: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in the Middle East and Africa (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Table 7: Internet and Mobile Penetration Across Developed and Emerging Economies, 2011
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global Spending on CRM Applications in the Retail Banking Industry, 2012
Figure 2: Shift From Product-Centric to Customer-Centric Approach
Figure 3: Global Spending on CRM Applications (US$ Billion), 2012–2017
Figure 4: Regional Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Banking (%), 2012 and 2017
Figure 5: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in Europe (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Figure 6: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in the Americas (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Figure 7: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in Asia-Pacific (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Figure 8: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in the Middle East and Africa (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Figure 9: Development of Self-Service Channels in Retail Banking Industry
Figure 10: Self-Service Branch Banking Models
Figure 11: Broadband Internet Users on Mobile Devices (Million), 2009–2013
Figure 12: Growth of HNWIs in Key Countries, 2008–2012
Figure 13: Young Populations (Aged 15–24) in Key Countries, 2010–2020
Read the full report:
Insight Report: Best Practice – Ensuring Optimal Customer Service and Relationship Management
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:30 AM EST Reads: 6,556
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 4,828
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 5,032
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 2,879
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jan. 21, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 4,524
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 21, 2017 12:15 AM EST Reads: 6,372
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and Containers together help companies to achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of D...
Jan. 21, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 5,097
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jan. 21, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 4,694
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 PM EST Reads: 900
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 4,374
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 20, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 5,462
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Jan. 20, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 2,099
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Jan. 20, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,479
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, will explore the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and will give a real live, hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He will examine three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. This is a hands-on session that will require participants to bring their own laptops, and we will provide the rest.
Jan. 20, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 4,961
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 20, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,815