|By PR Newswire||
|April 23, 2014 01:29 PM EDT||
LONDON, April 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com has added a new market research report:
Insight Report: Best Practice – Ensuring Optimal Customer Service and Relationship Management
The report discusses in detail the best practices adopted by banks and other card issuers for effective customer service and relationship management.
• It provides insights into key drivers that have changed the dynamics of the cards and payments industry, as banks and other payment companies are now increasingly focusing on providing improved services and building long-term relationships with customers.
• It captures insights into emerging operations, technology and regulatory trends with regard to customer service and relationship management in the global cards and payments industry.
• Provides case examples to highlight strategies and actions taken by banks and card issuers when implementing customer service and relationship management strategies.
Customer satisfaction has always been a priority for banks and payment companies. With the advancement of technology, rising competition and changing consumer preferences, it has become even more important to have effective customer service and relationship management (CRM) to retain existing customers as well as acquire new ones.
Companies have adopted a number of best practices, including strengthening existing CRM platforms and installing new ones, managing contact center operations effectively, offering customized products and pricing at an individual level, and using online and social networking platforms to address customers' complaints.
Banks and payment companies have adopted CRM applications to improve customer services and provide suitable products, indicating a positive outlook for successfully understanding customers. Companies in the Americas and Europe were early adopters of CRM applications, and are using them as a platform to develop new products.
• This report provides insights into best practices adopted by banks and payment companies to ensure optimal customer service in the cards and payments industry.
• This report discusses the key elements that are vital in helping banks and payment companies build strong relationships with customers, including the integration of CRM applications into IT systems, effective contact center management, multi-channel consumer banking, segmenting customers, and offering customized products and pricing.
• This report discusses key regulatory developments in the retail banking and payments industry and also outlines the regulatory challenges faced by companies in utilizing online and social media as mainstream consumer-engagement channels.
• The report discusses case studies to illustrate how the adoption of best practices has enabled companies to strengthen their relationships with customers.
Reasons To Buy
• Gain an insight into strategies adopted and actions taken by banks and card issuers in various parts of the world to build long-term relationships with customers.
• Gain an understanding on key factors that drive the banks and payment companies across the world to utlize CRM practices.
• Gain an understanding of emerging operational, technological and regulatory trends and developments with regard to customer service and relationship management in the global cards and payments industry.
• Gain insights into best practices adopted by banks and payment companies while implementing customer service and relationship management strategies, with case examples.
• To offer a consistent banking experience and customer service, banks and payment companies must ensure that they establish adequate customer service channels in both banked and unbanked areas to interact with customers and provide assistance in conducting banking transactions.
• To improve the banking experience and provide customers with appropriate products, banks and other payment companies are integrating CRM applications into their IT systems. An effective CRM system enables organizations to understand customer requirements, and manage and address issues and queries efficiently.
• Social CRM is an initiative adopted by various organizations and financial institutions to help understand customers and provide appropriate solutions. Banks and payment companies set up accounts and profiles on social platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to address customers' issues, complaints and feedback.
• Banks and payment companies have developed mobile phone applications that allow customers to access their accounts and make online transactions, giving rise to the concept of 'omni-channel' banking where banks can provide customers with a single view of their finances using a mobile device.
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2 Customer Service and Relationship Management by Banks and Payment Companies
2.1.1 Key drivers
2.1.2 Emerging trends
2.1.3 Regulatory developments
3 Best Practices in Customer Service and Relationship Management
3.1 Customer Relationship Management Applications
3.1.1 Regional analysis – adoption of CRM applications in retail banking
3.1.5 The Middle East and Africa
3.2 Contact Center Management
3.3 Multi-Channel Banking Channels Proving Consumer Convenience
3.3.1 Self-service branch banking models
3.3.2 Online, social media and other digital channels
3.4 Customer Segmentation and Personalized Offerings
3.4.1 Customer segmentation based on demographics and income level
3.4.2 Customer segmentation based on relationships
4 Implementation Strategies and Case Examples
4.1 Strategic Roadmap for Customer Service and Relationship Management
4.1.1 Relationship-based services and pricing
4.1.2 Reward programs will improve customer relationship
4.1.3 Expansion of distribution network to offer services at customers' door step
4.1.4 Use of digital channels as a cost-effective means of reaching customers
4.1.5 Utilizing technology to improve customer experience
4.2 Case Studies
4.2.1 Barclays introduced an online platform allowing customers to share ideas
4.2.2 Chirpify – reinventing payments through social media
4.2.3 Citibank's launch of time-based relationship pricing with the Citi Prestige Card in Hong Kong
4.2.4 HDFC Bank adopted a CRM application to streamline customer services
4.2.5 Starbucks improved customer convenience by allowing mobile payments
4.2.6 Royal Bank of Canada introduced self-service kiosks with video-enabled assisted services
4.2.7 La Caixa's introduction of the world's first contactless ATMs in Spain
4.2.8 Alpha Bank's instant rewards through POS terminals
4.2.9 Russian Standard Bank (RSB) benefited from an analytics platform
4.2.10 Westpac offering quality service via its speech recognition solution
5.2 Contact Timetric
5.3 About Timetric
5.4 Timetric's Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Commercial Bank Branches (per 100,000 Adults), 2008–2012
Table 2: Global Spending on CRM Applications (US$ Billion), 2012–2017
Table 3: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in Europe (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Table 4: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in the Americas (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Table 5: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in Asia-Pacific (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Table 6: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in the Middle East and Africa (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Table 7: Internet and Mobile Penetration Across Developed and Emerging Economies, 2011
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global Spending on CRM Applications in the Retail Banking Industry, 2012
Figure 2: Shift From Product-Centric to Customer-Centric Approach
Figure 3: Global Spending on CRM Applications (US$ Billion), 2012–2017
Figure 4: Regional Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Banking (%), 2012 and 2017
Figure 5: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in Europe (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Figure 6: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in the Americas (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Figure 7: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in Asia-Pacific (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Figure 8: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in the Middle East and Africa (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Figure 9: Development of Self-Service Channels in Retail Banking Industry
Figure 10: Self-Service Branch Banking Models
Figure 11: Broadband Internet Users on Mobile Devices (Million), 2009–2013
Figure 12: Growth of HNWIs in Key Countries, 2008–2012
Figure 13: Young Populations (Aged 15–24) in Key Countries, 2010–2020
Read the full report:
Insight Report: Best Practice – Ensuring Optimal Customer Service and Relationship Management
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Aug. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,854
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,706
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Aug. 25, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,187
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 25, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,691
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Aug. 25, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,371
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Aug. 25, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,918
Is the ongoing quest for agility in the data center forcing you to evaluate how to be a part of infrastructure automation efforts? As organizations evolve toward bimodal IT operations, they are embracing new service delivery models and leveraging virtualization to increase infrastructure agility. Therefore, the network must evolve in parallel to become equally agile. Read this essential piece of Gartner research for recommendations on achieving greater agility.
Aug. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 643
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Aug. 25, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 433
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 25, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,490
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 25, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,216
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,547
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,892
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Aug. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,596
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 25, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 592
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 25, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,387