|By PR Newswire||
|April 23, 2014 01:29 PM EDT||
LONDON, April 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com has added a new market research report:
Insight Report: Best Practice – Ensuring Optimal Customer Service and Relationship Management
The report discusses in detail the best practices adopted by banks and other card issuers for effective customer service and relationship management.
• It provides insights into key drivers that have changed the dynamics of the cards and payments industry, as banks and other payment companies are now increasingly focusing on providing improved services and building long-term relationships with customers.
• It captures insights into emerging operations, technology and regulatory trends with regard to customer service and relationship management in the global cards and payments industry.
• Provides case examples to highlight strategies and actions taken by banks and card issuers when implementing customer service and relationship management strategies.
Customer satisfaction has always been a priority for banks and payment companies. With the advancement of technology, rising competition and changing consumer preferences, it has become even more important to have effective customer service and relationship management (CRM) to retain existing customers as well as acquire new ones.
Companies have adopted a number of best practices, including strengthening existing CRM platforms and installing new ones, managing contact center operations effectively, offering customized products and pricing at an individual level, and using online and social networking platforms to address customers' complaints.
Banks and payment companies have adopted CRM applications to improve customer services and provide suitable products, indicating a positive outlook for successfully understanding customers. Companies in the Americas and Europe were early adopters of CRM applications, and are using them as a platform to develop new products.
• This report provides insights into best practices adopted by banks and payment companies to ensure optimal customer service in the cards and payments industry.
• This report discusses the key elements that are vital in helping banks and payment companies build strong relationships with customers, including the integration of CRM applications into IT systems, effective contact center management, multi-channel consumer banking, segmenting customers, and offering customized products and pricing.
• This report discusses key regulatory developments in the retail banking and payments industry and also outlines the regulatory challenges faced by companies in utilizing online and social media as mainstream consumer-engagement channels.
• The report discusses case studies to illustrate how the adoption of best practices has enabled companies to strengthen their relationships with customers.
Reasons To Buy
• Gain an insight into strategies adopted and actions taken by banks and card issuers in various parts of the world to build long-term relationships with customers.
• Gain an understanding on key factors that drive the banks and payment companies across the world to utlize CRM practices.
• Gain an understanding of emerging operational, technological and regulatory trends and developments with regard to customer service and relationship management in the global cards and payments industry.
• Gain insights into best practices adopted by banks and payment companies while implementing customer service and relationship management strategies, with case examples.
• To offer a consistent banking experience and customer service, banks and payment companies must ensure that they establish adequate customer service channels in both banked and unbanked areas to interact with customers and provide assistance in conducting banking transactions.
• To improve the banking experience and provide customers with appropriate products, banks and other payment companies are integrating CRM applications into their IT systems. An effective CRM system enables organizations to understand customer requirements, and manage and address issues and queries efficiently.
• Social CRM is an initiative adopted by various organizations and financial institutions to help understand customers and provide appropriate solutions. Banks and payment companies set up accounts and profiles on social platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to address customers' issues, complaints and feedback.
• Banks and payment companies have developed mobile phone applications that allow customers to access their accounts and make online transactions, giving rise to the concept of 'omni-channel' banking where banks can provide customers with a single view of their finances using a mobile device.
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2 Customer Service and Relationship Management by Banks and Payment Companies
2.1.1 Key drivers
2.1.2 Emerging trends
2.1.3 Regulatory developments
3 Best Practices in Customer Service and Relationship Management
3.1 Customer Relationship Management Applications
3.1.1 Regional analysis – adoption of CRM applications in retail banking
3.1.5 The Middle East and Africa
3.2 Contact Center Management
3.3 Multi-Channel Banking Channels Proving Consumer Convenience
3.3.1 Self-service branch banking models
3.3.2 Online, social media and other digital channels
3.4 Customer Segmentation and Personalized Offerings
3.4.1 Customer segmentation based on demographics and income level
3.4.2 Customer segmentation based on relationships
4 Implementation Strategies and Case Examples
4.1 Strategic Roadmap for Customer Service and Relationship Management
4.1.1 Relationship-based services and pricing
4.1.2 Reward programs will improve customer relationship
4.1.3 Expansion of distribution network to offer services at customers' door step
4.1.4 Use of digital channels as a cost-effective means of reaching customers
4.1.5 Utilizing technology to improve customer experience
4.2 Case Studies
4.2.1 Barclays introduced an online platform allowing customers to share ideas
4.2.2 Chirpify – reinventing payments through social media
4.2.3 Citibank's launch of time-based relationship pricing with the Citi Prestige Card in Hong Kong
4.2.4 HDFC Bank adopted a CRM application to streamline customer services
4.2.5 Starbucks improved customer convenience by allowing mobile payments
4.2.6 Royal Bank of Canada introduced self-service kiosks with video-enabled assisted services
4.2.7 La Caixa's introduction of the world's first contactless ATMs in Spain
4.2.8 Alpha Bank's instant rewards through POS terminals
4.2.9 Russian Standard Bank (RSB) benefited from an analytics platform
4.2.10 Westpac offering quality service via its speech recognition solution
5.2 Contact Timetric
5.3 About Timetric
5.4 Timetric's Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Commercial Bank Branches (per 100,000 Adults), 2008–2012
Table 2: Global Spending on CRM Applications (US$ Billion), 2012–2017
Table 3: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in Europe (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Table 4: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in the Americas (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Table 5: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in Asia-Pacific (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Table 6: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in the Middle East and Africa (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Table 7: Internet and Mobile Penetration Across Developed and Emerging Economies, 2011
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global Spending on CRM Applications in the Retail Banking Industry, 2012
Figure 2: Shift From Product-Centric to Customer-Centric Approach
Figure 3: Global Spending on CRM Applications (US$ Billion), 2012–2017
Figure 4: Regional Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Banking (%), 2012 and 2017
Figure 5: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in Europe (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Figure 6: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in the Americas (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Figure 7: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in Asia-Pacific (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Figure 8: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in the Middle East and Africa (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Figure 9: Development of Self-Service Channels in Retail Banking Industry
Figure 10: Self-Service Branch Banking Models
Figure 11: Broadband Internet Users on Mobile Devices (Million), 2009–2013
Figure 12: Growth of HNWIs in Key Countries, 2008–2012
Figure 13: Young Populations (Aged 15–24) in Key Countries, 2010–2020
Read the full report:
Insight Report: Best Practice – Ensuring Optimal Customer Service and Relationship Management
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 25, 2015 03:45 PM EST
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 489
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Nov. 25, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 495
The cloud. Like a comic book superhero, there seems to be no problem it can’t fix or cost it can’t slash. Yet making the transition is not always easy and production environments are still largely on premise. Taking some practical and sensible steps to reduce risk can also help provide a basis for a successful cloud transition. A plethora of surveys from the likes of IDG and Gartner show that more than 70 percent of enterprises have deployed at least one or more cloud application or workload. Y...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 419
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 345
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, San...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 502
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 25, 2015 01:45 PM EST
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 25, 2015 01:30 PM EST Reads: 457
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, explored the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and provided a hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He examined three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. Asaf Yigal is co-founder and VP of Product at log analytics software company Logz.io. In the past, he was co-founder of social-trading platform Currensee, which...
Nov. 25, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 107
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 360
There are over 120 breakout sessions in all, with Keynotes, General Sessions, and Power Panels adding to three days of incredibly rich presentations and content. Join @ThingsExpo conference chair Roger Strukhoff (@IoT2040), June 7-9, 2016 in New York City, for three days of intense 'Internet of Things' discussion and focus, including Big Data's indespensable role in IoT, Smart Grids and Industrial Internet of Things, Wearables and Consumer IoT, as well as (new) IoT's use in Vertical Markets.
Nov. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 515
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 425
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 25, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 110
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Nov. 25, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 266
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 264