|By PR Newswire||
|April 23, 2014 01:29 PM EDT||
LONDON, April 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com has added a new market research report:
Insight Report: Best Practice – Ensuring Optimal Customer Service and Relationship Management
The report discusses in detail the best practices adopted by banks and other card issuers for effective customer service and relationship management.
• It provides insights into key drivers that have changed the dynamics of the cards and payments industry, as banks and other payment companies are now increasingly focusing on providing improved services and building long-term relationships with customers.
• It captures insights into emerging operations, technology and regulatory trends with regard to customer service and relationship management in the global cards and payments industry.
• Provides case examples to highlight strategies and actions taken by banks and card issuers when implementing customer service and relationship management strategies.
Customer satisfaction has always been a priority for banks and payment companies. With the advancement of technology, rising competition and changing consumer preferences, it has become even more important to have effective customer service and relationship management (CRM) to retain existing customers as well as acquire new ones.
Companies have adopted a number of best practices, including strengthening existing CRM platforms and installing new ones, managing contact center operations effectively, offering customized products and pricing at an individual level, and using online and social networking platforms to address customers' complaints.
Banks and payment companies have adopted CRM applications to improve customer services and provide suitable products, indicating a positive outlook for successfully understanding customers. Companies in the Americas and Europe were early adopters of CRM applications, and are using them as a platform to develop new products.
• This report provides insights into best practices adopted by banks and payment companies to ensure optimal customer service in the cards and payments industry.
• This report discusses the key elements that are vital in helping banks and payment companies build strong relationships with customers, including the integration of CRM applications into IT systems, effective contact center management, multi-channel consumer banking, segmenting customers, and offering customized products and pricing.
• This report discusses key regulatory developments in the retail banking and payments industry and also outlines the regulatory challenges faced by companies in utilizing online and social media as mainstream consumer-engagement channels.
• The report discusses case studies to illustrate how the adoption of best practices has enabled companies to strengthen their relationships with customers.
Reasons To Buy
• Gain an insight into strategies adopted and actions taken by banks and card issuers in various parts of the world to build long-term relationships with customers.
• Gain an understanding on key factors that drive the banks and payment companies across the world to utlize CRM practices.
• Gain an understanding of emerging operational, technological and regulatory trends and developments with regard to customer service and relationship management in the global cards and payments industry.
• Gain insights into best practices adopted by banks and payment companies while implementing customer service and relationship management strategies, with case examples.
• To offer a consistent banking experience and customer service, banks and payment companies must ensure that they establish adequate customer service channels in both banked and unbanked areas to interact with customers and provide assistance in conducting banking transactions.
• To improve the banking experience and provide customers with appropriate products, banks and other payment companies are integrating CRM applications into their IT systems. An effective CRM system enables organizations to understand customer requirements, and manage and address issues and queries efficiently.
• Social CRM is an initiative adopted by various organizations and financial institutions to help understand customers and provide appropriate solutions. Banks and payment companies set up accounts and profiles on social platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to address customers' issues, complaints and feedback.
• Banks and payment companies have developed mobile phone applications that allow customers to access their accounts and make online transactions, giving rise to the concept of 'omni-channel' banking where banks can provide customers with a single view of their finances using a mobile device.
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2 Customer Service and Relationship Management by Banks and Payment Companies
2.1.1 Key drivers
2.1.2 Emerging trends
2.1.3 Regulatory developments
3 Best Practices in Customer Service and Relationship Management
3.1 Customer Relationship Management Applications
3.1.1 Regional analysis – adoption of CRM applications in retail banking
3.1.5 The Middle East and Africa
3.2 Contact Center Management
3.3 Multi-Channel Banking Channels Proving Consumer Convenience
3.3.1 Self-service branch banking models
3.3.2 Online, social media and other digital channels
3.4 Customer Segmentation and Personalized Offerings
3.4.1 Customer segmentation based on demographics and income level
3.4.2 Customer segmentation based on relationships
4 Implementation Strategies and Case Examples
4.1 Strategic Roadmap for Customer Service and Relationship Management
4.1.1 Relationship-based services and pricing
4.1.2 Reward programs will improve customer relationship
4.1.3 Expansion of distribution network to offer services at customers' door step
4.1.4 Use of digital channels as a cost-effective means of reaching customers
4.1.5 Utilizing technology to improve customer experience
4.2 Case Studies
4.2.1 Barclays introduced an online platform allowing customers to share ideas
4.2.2 Chirpify – reinventing payments through social media
4.2.3 Citibank's launch of time-based relationship pricing with the Citi Prestige Card in Hong Kong
4.2.4 HDFC Bank adopted a CRM application to streamline customer services
4.2.5 Starbucks improved customer convenience by allowing mobile payments
4.2.6 Royal Bank of Canada introduced self-service kiosks with video-enabled assisted services
4.2.7 La Caixa's introduction of the world's first contactless ATMs in Spain
4.2.8 Alpha Bank's instant rewards through POS terminals
4.2.9 Russian Standard Bank (RSB) benefited from an analytics platform
4.2.10 Westpac offering quality service via its speech recognition solution
5.2 Contact Timetric
5.3 About Timetric
5.4 Timetric's Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Commercial Bank Branches (per 100,000 Adults), 2008–2012
Table 2: Global Spending on CRM Applications (US$ Billion), 2012–2017
Table 3: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in Europe (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Table 4: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in the Americas (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Table 5: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in Asia-Pacific (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Table 6: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in the Middle East and Africa (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Table 7: Internet and Mobile Penetration Across Developed and Emerging Economies, 2011
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global Spending on CRM Applications in the Retail Banking Industry, 2012
Figure 2: Shift From Product-Centric to Customer-Centric Approach
Figure 3: Global Spending on CRM Applications (US$ Billion), 2012–2017
Figure 4: Regional Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Banking (%), 2012 and 2017
Figure 5: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in Europe (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Figure 6: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in the Americas (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Figure 7: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in Asia-Pacific (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Figure 8: Spending on CRM Applications in Retail Baking in the Middle East and Africa (US$ Million), 2012–2017
Figure 9: Development of Self-Service Channels in Retail Banking Industry
Figure 10: Self-Service Branch Banking Models
Figure 11: Broadband Internet Users on Mobile Devices (Million), 2009–2013
Figure 12: Growth of HNWIs in Key Countries, 2008–2012
Figure 13: Young Populations (Aged 15–24) in Key Countries, 2010–2020
Read the full report:
Insight Report: Best Practice – Ensuring Optimal Customer Service and Relationship Management
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Feb. 22, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 7,731
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 22, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,116
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Feb. 22, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 7,422
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Feb. 22, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,457
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 22, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,339
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Feb. 22, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 888
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Feb. 22, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,037
In the first article of this three-part series on hybrid cloud security, we discussed the Shared Responsibility Model and examined how the most common attack strategies persist, are amplified, or are mitigated as assets move from data centers to the cloud. Today, we’ll look at some of the unique security challenges that are introduced by public cloud environments. While cloud computing delivers many operational, cost-saving and security benefits, it takes place in a public, shared and on-demand ...
Feb. 22, 2017 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,438
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sudarshan Krishnamurthi, a Senior Manager, Business Strategy, at Cisco Systems, will discuss how IT and operational technology (OT) work together, as opposed to being in separate siloes as once was traditional. Attendees will learn how to fully leverage the power of IoT in their organization by bringing the two sides together and bridging the communication gap. He will also look at what good leadership must entail in order to accomplish this, and how IT managers ca...
Feb. 22, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,477
Feb. 22, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 10,369
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 22, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 1,570
SYS-CON Events announced today that Outlyer, a monitoring service for DevOps and operations teams, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Outlyer is a monitoring service for DevOps and Operations teams running Cloud, SaaS, Microservices and IoT deployments. Designed for today's dynamic environments that need beyond cloud-scale monitoring, we make monitoring effortless so you...
Feb. 22, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,464
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Feb. 22, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 4,708
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann and Aruna Ravichandran have been named Co-Chairs of @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 22, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,442
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Steve Wilkes, CTO and founder of Striim, will delve into four enterprise-scale, business-critical case studies where streaming analytics serves as the key to enabling real-time data integration and right-time insights in hybrid cloud, IoT, and fog computing environments. As part of this discussion, he will also present a demo based on its partnership with Fujitsu, highlighting their technologies in a healthcare IoT use-case. The demo showcases the tracking of pati...
Feb. 22, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 368