|By PR Newswire||
|April 24, 2014 10:19 AM EDT||
DENVER, April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Colorado is the place to be this summer for all things innovative and fun. Following is a sampling of what's new in the state for the upcoming season. Visit www.COLORADO.com.
Attractions and Activities
- Opening July 12, Denver's Union Station will have six restaurants, 10 boutiques and the new 112-room Crawford Hotel.
- Aspen Alpine Guides
- Boulder Bike to Farm Tours offers guided bicycle rides with Awe-Struck Outdoors with visits to farms and a three-course lunch.
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort's Golf Course recently underwent $3.8 million in renovations and updates.
- The brand new Cheyenne Mountain State Park Archery Range features target ranges from 10 to 80 yards.
- The new Colorado Springs Happy Hour Tour is a guided tour to introduce the art and history of downtown.
- The Covered Wagon Historical Tour of Fort Collins allows visitors to take a ride with local guides through Old Town.
- The Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission recently announced a 102-Mile-Long Addition of Gold Medal Trout Waters.
- Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Trail Tours introduced Guided Mesa Verde Discovery Tours.
- The new Steamboat Mountain Bike Park contains 2,000 vertical feet and over 50 miles of trails.
- Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park in Denver is opening a new thrill ride this May, Brain Drain.
- The Estes Park Events Complex is scheduled to open in May 2014.
- Starting in May, Kent Mountain Adventure Center will offer cliff camping.
- Solaris Vail is offering the new Bag a Fourteener package this summer, providing guests with the preparation and goods to help climb Mount Elbert.
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is introducing a new thrill ride in mid-May, Glenwood Canyon Flyer.
- Sundance Trail Guest Ranch has two new challenge courses opening this summer.
- This summer, Cave of the Winds will introduce TERROR-dactyl the Aerial Dive Ride,
- Geo Tours in Morrison has a new Boats & Beers brewery tour-rafting trip beginning in June.
- Beginning in mid-July, Snow Mountain Ranch will offer a tubing hill throughout the summer, fall and spring.
- CampVRB, from Breckenridge's Vertical Runner, is a new trail-focused running camp.
- Aspen Art Museum's new 30,000-square-foot building will hold its 24-hour grand opening on August 8, 2014.
- The Royal Gorge Bridge & Park expects a grand re-opening in August 2014 with Phase 1 of its rebuild completed.
Hotel and Accommodations
- The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs will complete a $100 million, multi-year renovation and expansion this May.
- This May, The Curtis in Denver will complete a $5 million renovation project.
- Opening May 2014, the Marriott Renaissance in Denver is a new four-star hotel.
- Woolley's Classic Suites in Aurora will be a four-star, all-suite hotel opening in May.
- The Lodge & Spa at Breckenridge will complete remodels and a new restaurant this August.
- Aspen's The Little Nell will introduce four renovated suites for the summer 2014 season.
- The Art Hotel, a new 165-room boutique hotel in Denver, is expected to open in 2014.
New Events, Festivals and Exhibits in 2014
- The inaugural Ouray ForkFest will take place April 25-26 featuring 12 local restaurants.
- The first Canon City Balloon Classic will be held May 24-26.
- Denver Flea will be held in City Park for the first time on May 24.
- On May 24-26, FEAST! in Vail will feature renowned Vail chefs.
- Celebrate Cedaredge, May 30-31, will launch a brand new look of Cedaredge's Main Street with a dedication.
- Oh Heck Yeah will transform Champa Street in Denver into an arcade every Thursday and Saturday, June 7-July 26.
- Toulouse-Lautrec and La Vie Moderne: Paris 1880-1910 will be showing at Foothills Art Center in Golden from June 7-August 17.
- Chihuly at the Denver Botanic Gardens will be an outdoor exhibition of artwork by American artist Dale Chihuly from June 14-November 30.
- The inaugural Women's Golf and Wellness Weekend will be held in Vail June 19-22.
- The Pikes Peak Airstrip Attack, June 27-28, is a new streetcar competition at the Colorado Springs Airport.
- The World Lacrosse Championships will be held in Denver on July 10-19.
- Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century, a worldwide-exclusive exhibition at the Denver Art Museum, will show November 16, 2014-March 15, 2015.
Food and Beverage
- The Rooftop was added to Coors Field and opened in April 2014.
- One of Breckenridge's newest bars, Apres Handcrafted Libations serves up 30 rotating craft taps.
- David Burke Kitchen is scheduled to open in Aspen in June 2014 by renowned celebrity chef David Burke.
- Green Man Taproom is a new taproom in Colorado Springs with over 50 craft brewed beers on tap.
- Leopold Bros. is expanding with a new distillery, including a 1,900-square-foot tasting room.
- Rif Raff Brewing Company in Pagosa Springs recently installed a geothermal heat exchanger.
- The new Colorado Springs grass-fed burger restaurant, Skirted Heifer, serves homemade fries and chips.
- Winery at Pikes Peak, which recently opened in Cascade, is the first winery in the Pikes Peak region.
Looking Ahead to 2015
- Rocky Mountain National Park will celebrate its 100th Anniversary from September 4, 2014 through September 4, 2015.
- The 2015 Alpine World Ski Championships will take place in Vail and Beaver Creek February 2-15, 2015.
Contacts: Carly Holbrook / 720-289-9366, email@example.com
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Feb. 26, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 8,951
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Feb. 26, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,972
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Feb. 26, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 5,132
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Feb. 26, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 671
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Feb. 26, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 7,147
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 26, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,047
In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Carter, CEO of Approyo, will discuss the basic set up and solution for an SAP solution in the cloud and what it means to the viability of your company. Chris Carter is CEO of Approyo. He works with business around the globe, to assist them in their journey to the usage of Big Data in the forms of Hadoop (Cloudera and Hortonwork's) and SAP HANA. At Approyo, we support firms who are looking for knowledge to grow through current business process, where even ...
Feb. 26, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,132
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 26, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 2,348
Addteq is one of the top 10 Platinum Atlassian Experts who specialize in DevOps, custom and continuous integration, automation, plugin development, and consulting for midsize and global firms. Addteq firmly believes that automation is essential for successful software releases. Addteq centers its products and services around this fundamentally unique approach to delivering complete software release management solutions. With a combination of Addteq's services and our extensive list of partners,...
Feb. 26, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 927
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain.
Feb. 26, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,970
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Feb. 26, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,143
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, whic...
Feb. 26, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,899
Wooed by the promise of faster innovation, lower TCO, and greater agility, businesses of every shape and size have embraced the cloud at every layer of the IT stack – from apps to file sharing to infrastructure. The typical organization currently uses more than a dozen sanctioned cloud apps and will shift more than half of all workloads to the cloud by 2018. Such cloud investments have delivered measurable benefits. But they’ve also resulted in some unintended side-effects: complexity and risk. ...
Feb. 26, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 2,143
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Feb. 26, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,674
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 26, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 2,677