|By PR Newswire||
|April 24, 2014 10:19 AM EDT||
DENVER, April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Colorado is the place to be this summer for all things innovative and fun. Following is a sampling of what's new in the state for the upcoming season. Visit www.COLORADO.com.
Attractions and Activities
- Opening July 12, Denver's Union Station will have six restaurants, 10 boutiques and the new 112-room Crawford Hotel.
- Aspen Alpine Guides
- Boulder Bike to Farm Tours offers guided bicycle rides with Awe-Struck Outdoors with visits to farms and a three-course lunch.
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort's Golf Course recently underwent $3.8 million in renovations and updates.
- The brand new Cheyenne Mountain State Park Archery Range features target ranges from 10 to 80 yards.
- The new Colorado Springs Happy Hour Tour is a guided tour to introduce the art and history of downtown.
- The Covered Wagon Historical Tour of Fort Collins allows visitors to take a ride with local guides through Old Town.
- The Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission recently announced a 102-Mile-Long Addition of Gold Medal Trout Waters.
- Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Trail Tours introduced Guided Mesa Verde Discovery Tours.
- The new Steamboat Mountain Bike Park contains 2,000 vertical feet and over 50 miles of trails.
- Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park in Denver is opening a new thrill ride this May, Brain Drain.
- The Estes Park Events Complex is scheduled to open in May 2014.
- Starting in May, Kent Mountain Adventure Center will offer cliff camping.
- Solaris Vail is offering the new Bag a Fourteener package this summer, providing guests with the preparation and goods to help climb Mount Elbert.
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is introducing a new thrill ride in mid-May, Glenwood Canyon Flyer.
- Sundance Trail Guest Ranch has two new challenge courses opening this summer.
- This summer, Cave of the Winds will introduce TERROR-dactyl the Aerial Dive Ride,
- Geo Tours in Morrison has a new Boats & Beers brewery tour-rafting trip beginning in June.
- Beginning in mid-July, Snow Mountain Ranch will offer a tubing hill throughout the summer, fall and spring.
- CampVRB, from Breckenridge's Vertical Runner, is a new trail-focused running camp.
- Aspen Art Museum's new 30,000-square-foot building will hold its 24-hour grand opening on August 8, 2014.
- The Royal Gorge Bridge & Park expects a grand re-opening in August 2014 with Phase 1 of its rebuild completed.
Hotel and Accommodations
- The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs will complete a $100 million, multi-year renovation and expansion this May.
- This May, The Curtis in Denver will complete a $5 million renovation project.
- Opening May 2014, the Marriott Renaissance in Denver is a new four-star hotel.
- Woolley's Classic Suites in Aurora will be a four-star, all-suite hotel opening in May.
- The Lodge & Spa at Breckenridge will complete remodels and a new restaurant this August.
- Aspen's The Little Nell will introduce four renovated suites for the summer 2014 season.
- The Art Hotel, a new 165-room boutique hotel in Denver, is expected to open in 2014.
New Events, Festivals and Exhibits in 2014
- The inaugural Ouray ForkFest will take place April 25-26 featuring 12 local restaurants.
- The first Canon City Balloon Classic will be held May 24-26.
- Denver Flea will be held in City Park for the first time on May 24.
- On May 24-26, FEAST! in Vail will feature renowned Vail chefs.
- Celebrate Cedaredge, May 30-31, will launch a brand new look of Cedaredge's Main Street with a dedication.
- Oh Heck Yeah will transform Champa Street in Denver into an arcade every Thursday and Saturday, June 7-July 26.
- Toulouse-Lautrec and La Vie Moderne: Paris 1880-1910 will be showing at Foothills Art Center in Golden from June 7-August 17.
- Chihuly at the Denver Botanic Gardens will be an outdoor exhibition of artwork by American artist Dale Chihuly from June 14-November 30.
- The inaugural Women's Golf and Wellness Weekend will be held in Vail June 19-22.
- The Pikes Peak Airstrip Attack, June 27-28, is a new streetcar competition at the Colorado Springs Airport.
- The World Lacrosse Championships will be held in Denver on July 10-19.
- Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century, a worldwide-exclusive exhibition at the Denver Art Museum, will show November 16, 2014-March 15, 2015.
Food and Beverage
- The Rooftop was added to Coors Field and opened in April 2014.
- One of Breckenridge's newest bars, Apres Handcrafted Libations serves up 30 rotating craft taps.
- David Burke Kitchen is scheduled to open in Aspen in June 2014 by renowned celebrity chef David Burke.
- Green Man Taproom is a new taproom in Colorado Springs with over 50 craft brewed beers on tap.
- Leopold Bros. is expanding with a new distillery, including a 1,900-square-foot tasting room.
- Rif Raff Brewing Company in Pagosa Springs recently installed a geothermal heat exchanger.
- The new Colorado Springs grass-fed burger restaurant, Skirted Heifer, serves homemade fries and chips.
- Winery at Pikes Peak, which recently opened in Cascade, is the first winery in the Pikes Peak region.
Looking Ahead to 2015
- Rocky Mountain National Park will celebrate its 100th Anniversary from September 4, 2014 through September 4, 2015.
- The 2015 Alpine World Ski Championships will take place in Vail and Beaver Creek February 2-15, 2015.
Contacts: Carly Holbrook / 720-289-9366, [email protected]
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office
Jul. 6, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 179
Jul. 6, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,549
Jul. 6, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,022
Jul. 6, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,296
Jul. 6, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,630
Jul. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,125
Jul. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,687
Jul. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,413
Jul. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,603
Jul. 6, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,511
Jul. 6, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 634
Jul. 6, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,044
DevOps Summit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development...
Jul. 6, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,699
The last decade was about virtual machines, but the next one is about containers. Containers enable a service to run on any host at any time. Traditional tools are starting to show cracks because they were not designed for this level of application portability. Now is the time to look at new ways to deploy and manage applications at scale. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, Brian “Redbeard” Harrington, a principal architect at CoreOS, will examine how CoreOS helps teams run in production. Attende...
Jul. 6, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,390
Jul. 6, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 477