|By PR Newswire||
|April 24, 2014 10:19 AM EDT||
DENVER, April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Colorado is the place to be this summer for all things innovative and fun. Following is a sampling of what's new in the state for the upcoming season. Visit www.COLORADO.com.
Attractions and Activities
- Opening July 12, Denver's Union Station will have six restaurants, 10 boutiques and the new 112-room Crawford Hotel.
- Aspen Alpine Guides
- Boulder Bike to Farm Tours offers guided bicycle rides with Awe-Struck Outdoors with visits to farms and a three-course lunch.
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort's Golf Course recently underwent $3.8 million in renovations and updates.
- The brand new Cheyenne Mountain State Park Archery Range features target ranges from 10 to 80 yards.
- The new Colorado Springs Happy Hour Tour is a guided tour to introduce the art and history of downtown.
- The Covered Wagon Historical Tour of Fort Collins allows visitors to take a ride with local guides through Old Town.
- The Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission recently announced a 102-Mile-Long Addition of Gold Medal Trout Waters.
- Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Trail Tours introduced Guided Mesa Verde Discovery Tours.
- The new Steamboat Mountain Bike Park contains 2,000 vertical feet and over 50 miles of trails.
- Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park in Denver is opening a new thrill ride this May, Brain Drain.
- The Estes Park Events Complex is scheduled to open in May 2014.
- Starting in May, Kent Mountain Adventure Center will offer cliff camping.
- Solaris Vail is offering the new Bag a Fourteener package this summer, providing guests with the preparation and goods to help climb Mount Elbert.
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is introducing a new thrill ride in mid-May, Glenwood Canyon Flyer.
- Sundance Trail Guest Ranch has two new challenge courses opening this summer.
- This summer, Cave of the Winds will introduce TERROR-dactyl the Aerial Dive Ride,
- Geo Tours in Morrison has a new Boats & Beers brewery tour-rafting trip beginning in June.
- Beginning in mid-July, Snow Mountain Ranch will offer a tubing hill throughout the summer, fall and spring.
- CampVRB, from Breckenridge's Vertical Runner, is a new trail-focused running camp.
- Aspen Art Museum's new 30,000-square-foot building will hold its 24-hour grand opening on August 8, 2014.
- The Royal Gorge Bridge & Park expects a grand re-opening in August 2014 with Phase 1 of its rebuild completed.
Hotel and Accommodations
- The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs will complete a $100 million, multi-year renovation and expansion this May.
- This May, The Curtis in Denver will complete a $5 million renovation project.
- Opening May 2014, the Marriott Renaissance in Denver is a new four-star hotel.
- Woolley's Classic Suites in Aurora will be a four-star, all-suite hotel opening in May.
- The Lodge & Spa at Breckenridge will complete remodels and a new restaurant this August.
- Aspen's The Little Nell will introduce four renovated suites for the summer 2014 season.
- The Art Hotel, a new 165-room boutique hotel in Denver, is expected to open in 2014.
New Events, Festivals and Exhibits in 2014
- The inaugural Ouray ForkFest will take place April 25-26 featuring 12 local restaurants.
- The first Canon City Balloon Classic will be held May 24-26.
- Denver Flea will be held in City Park for the first time on May 24.
- On May 24-26, FEAST! in Vail will feature renowned Vail chefs.
- Celebrate Cedaredge, May 30-31, will launch a brand new look of Cedaredge's Main Street with a dedication.
- Oh Heck Yeah will transform Champa Street in Denver into an arcade every Thursday and Saturday, June 7-July 26.
- Toulouse-Lautrec and La Vie Moderne: Paris 1880-1910 will be showing at Foothills Art Center in Golden from June 7-August 17.
- Chihuly at the Denver Botanic Gardens will be an outdoor exhibition of artwork by American artist Dale Chihuly from June 14-November 30.
- The inaugural Women's Golf and Wellness Weekend will be held in Vail June 19-22.
- The Pikes Peak Airstrip Attack, June 27-28, is a new streetcar competition at the Colorado Springs Airport.
- The World Lacrosse Championships will be held in Denver on July 10-19.
- Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century, a worldwide-exclusive exhibition at the Denver Art Museum, will show November 16, 2014-March 15, 2015.
Food and Beverage
- The Rooftop was added to Coors Field and opened in April 2014.
- One of Breckenridge's newest bars, Apres Handcrafted Libations serves up 30 rotating craft taps.
- David Burke Kitchen is scheduled to open in Aspen in June 2014 by renowned celebrity chef David Burke.
- Green Man Taproom is a new taproom in Colorado Springs with over 50 craft brewed beers on tap.
- Leopold Bros. is expanding with a new distillery, including a 1,900-square-foot tasting room.
- Rif Raff Brewing Company in Pagosa Springs recently installed a geothermal heat exchanger.
- The new Colorado Springs grass-fed burger restaurant, Skirted Heifer, serves homemade fries and chips.
- Winery at Pikes Peak, which recently opened in Cascade, is the first winery in the Pikes Peak region.
Looking Ahead to 2015
- Rocky Mountain National Park will celebrate its 100th Anniversary from September 4, 2014 through September 4, 2015.
- The 2015 Alpine World Ski Championships will take place in Vail and Beaver Creek February 2-15, 2015.
Contacts: Carly Holbrook / 720-289-9366, [email protected]
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office
Digitization is driving a fundamental change in society that is transforming the way businesses work with their customers, their supply chains and their people. Digital transformation leverages DevOps best practices, such as Agile Parallel Development, Continuous Delivery and Agile Operations to capitalize on opportunities and create competitive differentiation in the application economy. However, information security has been notably absent from the DevOps movement. Speed doesn’t have to negat...
Sep. 26, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,813
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, will discuss recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model f...
Sep. 26, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,817
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT de...
Sep. 26, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,062
Your business relies on your applications and your employees to stay in business. Whether you develop apps or manage business critical apps that help fuel your business, what happens when users experience sluggish performance? You and all technical teams across the organization – application, network, operations, among others, as well as, those outside the organization, like ISPs and third-party providers – are called in to solve the problem.
Sep. 26, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,347
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 26, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,566
Most of us already know that adopting new cloud applications can boost a business’s productivity by enabling organizations to be more agile and ready to change course in our fast-moving and connected digital world. But the rapid adoption of cloud apps and services also brings with it profound security threats, including visibility and control challenges that aren’t present in traditional on-premises environments. At the same time, the cloud – because of its interconnected, flexible and adaptable...
Sep. 26, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,643
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,414
Digital transformation is too big and important for our future success to not understand the rules that apply to it. The first three rules for winning in this age of hyper-digital transformation are: Advantages in speed, analytics and operational tempos must be captured by implementing an optimized information logistics system (OILS) Real-time operational tempos (IT, people and business processes) must be achieved Businesses that can "analyze data and act and with speed" will dominate those t...
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,045
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Sep. 26, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,085
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Sep. 26, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,766
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Sep. 26, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 949
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Channels will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The bedrock of Secure Channels Technology is a uniquely modified and enhanced process based on superencipherment. Superencipherment is the process of encrypting an already encrypted message one or more times, either using the same or a different algorithm.
Sep. 26, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,552
While DevOps promises a better and tighter integration among an organization’s development and operation teams and transforms an application life cycle into a continual deployment, Chef and Azure together provides a speedy, cost-effective and highly scalable vehicle for realizing the business values of this transformation. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, a Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, will present a unique opportunity to witness how Chef and Azure work tog...
Sep. 26, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,675
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Sep. 26, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,960
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 26, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,626