|By Business Wire||
|April 25, 2014 09:01 AM EDT||
Ravello Systems, the industry’s leading nested virtualization provider, today announced the general availability of Google Cloud Platform in Ravello. Developers and test engineers can now have self-service access to spin up multiple copies of production-like complex environments on demand in Google Compute Engine for development and test. An environment may include many virtual machines and complex networking such as static IPs, multiple subnets, network appliance VMs, firewalls and load balancers. With Ravello and Google Cloud Platform, enterprises can accelerate development of complex applications with distributed/scalable backend, and Web/mobile clients without requiring any custom scripting.
Enterprises are looking to the cloud for flexibility and agility. Ravello offers a solution delivered as a Software-as-a-Service for enterprises to take advantage of the cloud for rapid development and test. With Ravello, developers, devops and IT teams are able to take advantage of the scale of the public cloud and develop and test applications on replicas of production without having to make any changes to existing applications.
Enterprises can use Ravello and Google Cloud Platform to supercharge their full stack development process by:
1. Accelerating backend dev and test:
- Every code commit can be tested instantly on a replica of the production environment as part of the continuous integration process
- Multiple identical copies of the production environment can be spun up to allow for parallel automatic/manual testing, resulting in a faster testing cycle
2. Accelerating mobile / Web client dev and test:
- Developers can run Android on Google Compute Engine to run scale tests of thousands of Android clients
- Developers can test different browser versions including Chrome, Firefox, Safari - all in parallel using Selenium GRID with Selenium WebDriver
3. Accelerating dev and test for existing complex applications from private data centers without any modifications:
- Existing VMs (e.g., from VMware) can be uploaded onto Ravello and run on Google Compute Engine, without modifying the VMs or networking
“Our goal is to build the best cloud platform for developers; one that is comprised of multiple services that work together,” said Chris Rimer, global head of partner business at Google Cloud Platform. “Ravello delivers the ability to take existing multi-tier applications from the data center and run them unmodified on Google Compute Engine, enabling enterprises to accelerate their application development and testing.”
“Ravello delivers the automation required to use the public cloud for complex multi-tier applications, and also provides organizations with the flexibility of choosing the cloud that best fits their needs. By enabling the use of Google Cloud Platform with Ravello, we are empowering developers to take advantage of the performance being delivered by Google’s infrastructure,” said Rami Tamir, co-founder and CEO of Ravello Systems. “Interestingly, the team here at Ravello was also the founding team behind the KVM hypervisor. So we are particularly proud to announce our support for Google Compute Engine which runs on KVM.”
Google Compute Engine will be generally available in Ravello on April 29, 2014. As part of the launch, Ravello Systems and Google will hold a technical power session and live demo on April 29, 2014 at 10 a.m. PDT / 1 p.m. EDT. Full stack software developers and development managers that are building a complex application will learn how to leverage Google Compute Engine in conjunction with Ravello to accelerate their development process, even if applications are deployed on-premises on VMware. To attend, register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2778183666556881922?source=pr.
- Ravello Systems Website (http://www.ravellosystems.com/)
- Get started with a two-week free trial (http://www.ravellosystems.com/free-trial-description)
- The Ravello Blog: (http://www.ravellosystems.com/blog/)
- Twitter: @RavelloSystems (https://twitter.com/ravellosystems)
- LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/ravello-systems)
- YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/RavelloSystems)
About Ravello Systems
Founded in 2011, Ravello Systems delivers a Software-as-a-Service that enables developers, devops and IT to use the unlimited resources of the public cloud to develop and test their on-premise applications. Powered by the industry’s leading nested hypervisor, Ravello enables enterprises to encapsulate their multi-tier applications and run them anywhere – on-premise or in any cloud – without making any changes whatsoever, and thereby implement a true hybrid cloud. Ravello Systems is backed by top tier VCs including Sequoia Capital, Norwest Venture Partners and Bessemer Venture Partners. For more information, visit www.ravellosystems.com.
Mar. 29, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,709
Mar. 29, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,748
Mar. 29, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,639
Mar. 29, 2017 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,856
Mar. 29, 2017 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,178
Mar. 29, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 727
Mar. 29, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,641
Mar. 29, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 309
Mar. 29, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,227
Mar. 29, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 699
Mar. 29, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,823
Mar. 29, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,281
Mar. 29, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,272
Mar. 29, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,757
In his session at Cloud Expo, Alan Winters, an entertainment executive/TV producer turned serial entrepreneur, will present a success story of an entrepreneur who has both suffered through and benefited from offshore development across multiple businesses: The smart choice, or how to select the right offshore development partner Warning signs, or how to minimize chances of making the wrong choice Collaboration, or how to establish the most effective work processes Budget control, or how to max...
Mar. 29, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 561