|By PR Newswire||
|April 25, 2014 10:09 AM EDT||
TAMPA, Fla., April 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Amscot Financial, a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, recently gave mini-grants to nine non-profit service organizations in the Florida communities it serves. Mini-grants went to:
- Healthy Start Coalition of Polk, Hardee & Highlands, Bartow. Polk County's Teen Pregnancy Prevention Alliance will hold a Teen Summit in Lakeland on May 17. The free event, aimed at youth ages 10-19 will give young people a chance to discuss issues they face every day: teen dating violence, "sexting," drug awareness and teen pregnancy. For more information, please visit: www.healthystarthhp.org.
- Children's Advocacy Center for Osceola County, Kissimmee. The Children's Advocacy Center for Osceola County, Inc. serves the county's most vulnerable children: victims of child abuse and neglect. In 2011, there were more than 4,000 reports of alleged child abuse involving Osceola County children. In the aftermath of victimization, children and their non-offending family members are in need of a compassionate response aimed at helping them recover emotionally and physically. For more information, please visit: http://osceolakids.com.
- Florida A&M University Alumni Association, Sarasota & Manatee chapter, Sarasota. This group raises scholarship funds for students in Sarasota and Manatee counties who wish to attend Florida A&M University. For more information, please visit: http://www.saramanarattlers.com.
- Sassy Cows for Savvy Kids, Riverview. This Riverview High School program is aimed at students who are developmentally challenged. The program uses a hands-on approach to teach students using gardening techniques and veterinary science. For more information, please visit: http://riverviewhs.mysdhc.org.
- Florida International University, Miami. FIU offers a unique program called Fostering Panther Pride that offers targeted services to students coming from backgrounds in foster care or homelessness. Nearly one-third of former foster youth or homeless youth are on academic probation at FIU with GPAs of less than 2.0. For more information, please visit www.fiu.edu.
- One Church, One Child, Tampa. This faith-based non-profit group works to recruit foster families for minority children in foster care. The group held its annual Spring Fest March 29 at Bethel AME Church. For more information, please visit: www.ococfl.org.
- Presentation Brothers Association, Inc., Kissimmee. This volunteer organization believes no child should go hungry. The group provides backpacks of food to more than 160 children, who otherwise might go hungry on weekends. The group estimates that as many as 3,800 children in Osceola County need weekend food.
- Apopka Family Learning Center, Apopka. The Apopka Family Learning Center (AFLC) was established in 1977. Since then, thousands of Central Florida children and families have achieved a better quality of life and benefitted from the mission of AFLC to create a unique and educational environment of hope and encouragement for lifetime learning. For more information, please visit: http://www.apopkafamilylearningcenter.com.
- Therapy Wish, Orlando. The mission of this non-profit group is to raise funds to decrease the cost of therapy services for individuals who are developmentally disabled. Services include occupational, physical and speech-language therapy.
About Amscot Financial
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., Amscot Financial is a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, including check cashing, bill payment, money transfers, cash advances, prepaid cards and money orders through its wholly owned division, Amscot International Money Order Company. Amscot Financial currently operates 232 retail financial service centers throughout Florida and employs more than 1,600 employees. Amscot Financial was recognized by the Tampa Bay Business Journal as one of Tampa Bay's Best Places to Work from 2007-2011. For additional information, please visit the company's website at www.amscot.com.
SOURCE Amscot Financial
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 3, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 433
Application transformation and DevOps practices are two sides of the same coin. Enterprises that want to capture value faster, need to deliver value faster – time value of money principle. To do that enterprises need to build cloud-native apps as microservices by empowering teams to build, ship, and run in production. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Neil Gehani, senior product manager at HPE, discussed what every business should plan for how to structure their teams to delive...
Dec. 3, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 1,344
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. In the eyes of many, containers are at the brink of becoming a pervasive technology in enterprise IT to accelerate application delivery. In this presentation, attendees learned about the: The transformation of IT to a DevOps, microservices, and container-based architecture What are containers and how DevOps practices can operate in a container-based environment A demonstration of how ...
Dec. 3, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 676
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 469
"Venafi has a platform that allows you to manage, centralize and automate the complete life cycle of keys and certificates within the organization," explained Gina Osmond, Sr. Field Marketing Manager at Venafi, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 07:30 AM EST Reads: 694
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 504
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Dec. 3, 2016 06:30 AM EST Reads: 6,000
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 3, 2016 05:45 AM EST Reads: 6,918
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web ...
Dec. 3, 2016 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,198
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it has become the most popular among the new wave of applications running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Relations at Redis Labs, shared the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
Dec. 3, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 3,422
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 3, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,712
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 3, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,523
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Phil Hombledal, Solution Architect at CollabNet, discussed how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 756
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 1,498
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 783