|By Business Wire||
|April 29, 2014 07:44 AM EDT||
More than 200 exhibitors will be showcasing cutting-edge big data analytics, cloud computing, cybersecurity, enterprise content management (ECM) mobile offerings and more at FOSE, the most comprehensive government IT event serving as the intersection of people, technology and knowledge. The expo, which also features free clinics and spotlight sessions, is scheduled for May 13-15 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. and is free for all government employees to attend.
“If you want to see the most innovative solutions for the government market, this year’s FOSE Expo cannot be missed,” said David Myers, event director at 1105 Media. “Attendees will benefit from the opportunity to see first-hand how new technologies work in the real world and how our exhibitors can help agencies and organizations increase efficiencies, improving day-to-day operations in an effort to plan for the future. Also, there will be several free sessions and clinics in the exhibit hall that will provide insight on cybersecurity, procuring IT solutions, and getting and maintaining a security clearance.”
Free clinics available on the show floor include:
- NASA SEWP Clinic – The SEWP Government-Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) provides federal agencies with an efficient and effective way to search for and procure IT solutions. Attendees can learn more about SEWP IV contracts, solutions available, the order process and more.
- Security Clearance Workshop – This workshop will help attendees maximize their chances of success in the security clearance process, including how to avoid common mistakes and oversights that lead to security clearance application failure and what is needed to expedite the clearance process.
- (ISC)2 Free Half-Day CAP® CBK® Training Preview – This clinic is designed to demystify the Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) exam, and cover what attendees need to know to make their studies more productive.
- CISSP Exam Prep Clinic – This clinic will include practical test taking tips that have benefited more 12,000 candidates, with review of sample questions from all 10 domains included in the exam.
Among the featured cutting-edge products and services available at FOSE 2014 are:
- Aerva (Booth 1014) – AerWave is an easy-to-use, cloud-based platform for managing and scheduling content across networked displays, with integration for social media, real-time data, security alerts and mobile interactivity. Government customers, including the U.S. Navy, and large networks, such as Anheuser-Busch, utilize Aerva's innovative technology to power their digital signage networks.
- Aspera (Booth 1216) – Aspera Drive is a new high-performance file sharing and synchronization solution. The powerful and easy-to-use platform, built on the unique Aspera FASP™ technology, combines high-speed secure transfer, remote browsing and synchronization of any size data from the user’s desktop to any content location – on premise and throughout the cloud. With Aspera On Demand, Aspera offers seamless, high-speed transfers of very large files and sets of files directly to, from and across cloud storage. The Aspera high-speed transfer platform-as-a-service now supports IBM SoftLayer, Google Cloud Platform and OpenStack, in addition to Amazon Web Services and Windows Azure.
- AppDynamics (Booth 1219) – The AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform empowers government agencies in today’s software-defined world with the ability to proactively monitor, manage and optimize the most complex software environments, in real time, in production, and with cloud or on-premise deployment flexibility.
- BAE Systems (Booth 1240) – BAE Systems offers scalable desktop virtualization services and solutions to support the U.S. government’s increasingly mobile workforce. BAE Systems’ thick client tablets offer the security, remote management and computing capacity needed to speed both collection and dissemination of data in wired, wireless and disconnected operations. BAE’s SIBA is redefining and simplifying secure data collaboration. SIBA empowers analysts to create a single document and set access levels down to the character so critical intelligence can be shared with multiple agencies and partners in real-time. SIBA integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Office® and SharePoint® products to reduce customer costs.
- Bamboo Solutions (Booth 1131) – A comprehensive, turnkey solution to project management on SharePoint, Bamboo Project Management Central® increases visibility and transparency so that priorities stay up-to-date and projects, programs and entire portfolios are completed on-schedule and within budget. Bamboo Workflow Conductor® is an easy-to-use workflow solution designed to quickly automate and manage everyday business processes, which features a simple drag-and-drop interface to easily create complex workflows without custom coding. With more than 20 components and tools, Bamboo Essentials Suite® provides instant access to a full range of enhancements that deliver the critical functionality missing from SharePoint out-of-the-box.
- BrowseAloud (Texthelp Inc.) (Booth 1433) – BrowseAloud extends the reach of websites to the 40 percent of the population that require reading and translation support by removing barriers faced when interacting online. These barriers include language difficulties and print disabilities, such as dyslexia, mild visual impairments and cognitive disorders, as well as when English is a second language. More than 7,000 websites within the public and private sector have chosen BrowseAloud to improve access to their information online, comply with legal obligations, encourage citizen engagement and improve efficiencies.
- Cerenade (Booth 1131) – Organizations in need of case management or electronic forms management can utilize Cerenade’s technologies to streamline tasks and gain operational efficiencies in a seamless and cost-effective manner. Cerenade’s solutions are cloud-based, scalable, affordable and user-friendly.
- Entrinsik Inc. (Booth 1237) – Entrinsik Informer operational reporting and business intelligence (BI) software helps more than 1,500 organizations, including governmental organizations, transform real-time data into actionable information by delivering ad-hoc reporting, data analysis and dashboards all in one complete web-based solution.
- ESET North America (Booth 826) – ESET will be showcasing its ESET Endpoint Security, an integrated endpoint security suite with an intuitive central management console; ESET Endpoint Antivirus, which provides comprehensive malware protection for users endpoints; ESET Endpoint Security for Android, which protects businesses from malware infections, intercepts unwanted phone calls and filters SMS/MMS spam to minimize potential data loss risk; DESlock+, a simple-to-use encryption application to protect files, folders, removable media and emails; and ESET Secure Authentication, which provides powerful software-based, two-factor authentication to protect mobile workforces from data breaches due to compromised passwords using smartphones and randomly generated passwords.
- Excelsior College (Booth 1426) – The National Cybersecurity Institute at Excelsior College is working to meet the cybersecurity needs of today and the future with nine totally online programs in cybersecurity on the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Fujitsu Computer Products of America Inc. (Booth 816) – Fujitsu, a market leader in document imaging scanners and services, will showcase its workgroup, departmental and production-level document imaging scanners, including its next-generation fi-7000 series workgroup scanner line.
- Huddle (Booth 1310) – Huddle is a cloud-collaboration service that enables government organizations worldwide to securely store, access, share, and work on files with everyone they need to, regardless of whether they are inside or outside of an organization's firewall. Customers include NASA and the Office of the Secretary of Defense.
- IronKey by Imation (Booth 1008) – IronKey Workspace can transform any computer into a trusted IT-managed workstation, so workers can take all their data, applications and systems with them, securely and reliably.
- Kent State University School of Digital Sciences (Booth 936) – Kent State's new interdisciplinary School of Digital Sciences offers two online programs in enterprise architecture (an 18-credit graduate certificate and a 32-credit Master's degree) and a professional Master's degree that is intended to complement a Bachelor's degree by adding breadth and strategic depth outside the student's undergraduate discipline.
- Leap Motion Inc. (Booth 1019) – Leap Motion, a motion-control hardware and software company introduces 3D motion control technology with a revolutionary device that allows users to interact with their computers by using natural, fluid hand and finger movements. The Leap Motion Controller fits in the palm of users hands and connects to computers via a USB cable. This high-precision technology accurately tracks the movements of hands, fingers and tools with no perceptible latency.
- Logicube, Inc. (Booth 620) – Logicube’s ZClone®Xi hard drive duplicator is a multitarget drive cloning device featuring blazing speeds along with an easy-to-use interface that makes it simple to operate for all skill levels. It features both mirror cloning and “clevercopy” to intelligently copy data areas of the hard drive.
- MindPetal Software Solutions (Booth 1336) – MindPetal’s forms-as-a-service FaaSForms solution provides government agencies with a cloud-based, self-service portal for their users to easily access, manipulate and publish their organization’s document assets. FaaSForms enables an automated, interview-based assembly of your organization’s forms, contracts, templates and other document assets.
- NetNearU (Booth 1110) – NetNearU Managed Services provides a turnkey WiFi solution for venues, spanning the entire WiFi product life cycle. NNU can evaluate inventory of venues, provide site surveys, if necessary, and prepare a bill of materials for each venue. Afterward, NNU will manage the installation, service delivery, ongoing maintenance and any expansion that is necessary. Other solutions include its TRACKOS Intuitive Web-Based Management Tool (setup, monitoring, usage reporting, customer analytics and more) and a dedicated U.S.-based customer help desk. NNU’s platforms are hardware agnostic and PCI, CALEA/SAFE Act and HIPPA compliant.
- nextScan, Inc. (Booth 1308) – nextScan’s Virtual Film safely and economically replaces microfilm libraries by converting to a permanent digital format that can be easily distributed and viewed on any PC. This new software enables preservation of vital records and reduces the costs associated with microfilm. The nextScan Eclipse PLUS Production Level Rollfilm scanner with NextStar Workflow Software scans 16 and 35 mm microfilm at speeds in excess of 1,000 pages per minute for multiple applications, including large scale projects that are time critical, cost-sensitive and require superior image quality. The nextScan FlexScan 3 in 1 scanner with NextStar High Performance Workflow Software is designed to offer a complete package for users with roll film, microfiche and aperture card scanning requirements on a limited budget.
- NIH-NITAAC (Booth 1027) – Drive efficiencies with faster, easier, cost-competitive IT acquisitions through NIH-NITAAC’s CIO-SP3, CIO-SP3 Small Business, and ECS III OMB-Authorized Government-Wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs). Long used by the federal government and DoD to procure IT products, services and solutions, NITAAC GWACs offer federal agencies streamlined acquisition solutions through our online ordering systems, and value-added support. NITAAC GWACs are agile and flexible to accommodate customized agency needs through a diverse pool of industry leaders and innovators, vetted for their technical capabilities at the master contract level. The program is housed within DHHS at The National Institutes of Health Information Technology Acquisition and Assessment Center (NITAAC).
- Nlyte Software, Inc. (Booth #812) - Nlyte Software provides software focused on the planning, managing and optimizing of data centers. The company will announce Nlyte 7.6, along with new connectors and enhanced features at FOSE.
- Object Management Group® (Booth 1833) – OMG is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG’s modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
- Pluralsight (1225) – Pluralsight offers online learning for serious software developers, IT specialists and creative professionals. Through its large curated e-learning library, the company delivers instant access to more than 3,000 courses authored by top experts.
- PrinterLogic (Booth 1236) – PrinterLogic’s Printer Installer is an on-premise web application that simplifies the management, migration and deployment of printers while centrally managing direct IP printing.
- RedSky Technologies, Inc. (Booth Number 837) – E911 Anywhere® 6.3.5, the latest version of RedSky’s cloud-based national 911 call routing solution, now offers call recording, call barge-in and call monitoring. E911 Anywhere® sends emergency notifications (screen pop, SMS and email) to security guards and administrators, and provides mobile softphone location tracking via MyE911®. All products are available on the GSA 70 schedule.
- Siber Systems, Inc. (Booth 417) – Siber Systems is showcasing two products: RoboForm Enterprise and GoodSync Enterprise. RoboForm is a cross-platform full-featured password manager that provides SSO functionality without the need for integration. GoodSync is a cross-platform protocol-independent file synchronization and back-up solution used by more than one million people and deployed at large corporations and government institutions.
- Titania (Booth 727) – A first-time exhibitor at FOSE, Titania will demonstrate its Nipper Studio and Paws Studio software, which automates network security and compliance audit reporting processes.
- WhiteCanyon Software (Booth 1409) – WipeDrive Enterprise is NIAP EAL 4+ certified and allows corporations and government entities to permanently and securely erase data from hard drives, removable media and mobile devices, providing a cost-effective, secure and socially responsible way of recycling and retiring computer storage.
The FOSE expo, as well as five keynote presentations and spotlight sessions in the exhibit hall, are free for government personnel and only $50 for non-government employees. FOSE also offers an in-depth conference featuring eight tracks on cloud and virtualization, cybersecurity, mobile government, big data/records and information management (RIM), acquisitions and procurement, project management, and cybercrime and cyberterrorism. More than 4,000 people have registered for the conference; join them today by registering at FOSE.com.
For 37 years, FOSE has served as the nation's premier event for government technology professionals seeking tools and best practices to equip their agency for the 21st century. From policy updates—straight from the Hill—to exclusive insights from today's leading authorities to the most comprehensive showcase of technology in action—it's all at FOSE. For more information, visit FOSE.com. Please click here to register as press.
So you think you are a DevOps warrior, huh? Put your money (not really, it’s free) where your metrics are and prove it by taking The Ultimate DevOps Geek Quiz Challenge, sponsored by DevOps Summit. Battle through the set of tough questions created by industry thought leaders to earn your bragging rights and win some cool prizes.
Oct. 22, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,677
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 22, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 11,236
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Oct. 22, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,340
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 22, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,301
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,264
SYS-CON Events announced today that MathFreeOn will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MathFreeOn is Software as a Service (SaaS) used in Engineering and Math education. Write scripts and solve math problems online. MathFreeOn provides online courses for beginners or amateurs who have difficulties in writing scripts. In accordance with various mathematical topics, there are more tha...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 913
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 22, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 525
Governments around the world are adopting Safe Harbor privacy provisions to protect customer data from leaving sovereign territories. Increasingly, global companies are required to create new instances of their server clusters in multiple countries to keep abreast of these new Safe Harbor laws. Is it worth it? In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Adam Rogers, Managing Director of Anexia, Inc., will discuss how to keep your data legal and still stay in business.
Oct. 22, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,409
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 22, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,240
Successful transition from traditional IT to cloud computing requires three key ingredients: an IT architecture that allows companies to extend their internal best practices to the cloud, a cost point that allows economies of scale, and automated processes that manage risk exposure and maintain regulatory compliance with industry regulations (FFIEC, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, FISMA). The unique combination of VMware, the IBM Cloud, and Cloud Raxak, a 2016 Gartner Cool Vendor in IT Automation, provides a co...
Oct. 22, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,152
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect...
Oct. 22, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,626
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 22, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 559
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Oct. 22, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,268
SYS-CON Events announced today that Embotics, the cloud automation company, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Embotics is the cloud automation company for IT organizations and service providers that need to improve provisioning or enable self-service capabilities. With a relentless focus on delivering a premier user experience and unmatched customer support, Embotics is the fas...
Oct. 22, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 734
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 22, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,418