|By Business Wire||
|April 29, 2014 07:44 AM EDT||
More than 200 exhibitors will be showcasing cutting-edge big data analytics, cloud computing, cybersecurity, enterprise content management (ECM) mobile offerings and more at FOSE, the most comprehensive government IT event serving as the intersection of people, technology and knowledge. The expo, which also features free clinics and spotlight sessions, is scheduled for May 13-15 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. and is free for all government employees to attend.
“If you want to see the most innovative solutions for the government market, this year’s FOSE Expo cannot be missed,” said David Myers, event director at 1105 Media. “Attendees will benefit from the opportunity to see first-hand how new technologies work in the real world and how our exhibitors can help agencies and organizations increase efficiencies, improving day-to-day operations in an effort to plan for the future. Also, there will be several free sessions and clinics in the exhibit hall that will provide insight on cybersecurity, procuring IT solutions, and getting and maintaining a security clearance.”
Free clinics available on the show floor include:
- NASA SEWP Clinic – The SEWP Government-Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) provides federal agencies with an efficient and effective way to search for and procure IT solutions. Attendees can learn more about SEWP IV contracts, solutions available, the order process and more.
- Security Clearance Workshop – This workshop will help attendees maximize their chances of success in the security clearance process, including how to avoid common mistakes and oversights that lead to security clearance application failure and what is needed to expedite the clearance process.
- (ISC)2 Free Half-Day CAP® CBK® Training Preview – This clinic is designed to demystify the Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) exam, and cover what attendees need to know to make their studies more productive.
- CISSP Exam Prep Clinic – This clinic will include practical test taking tips that have benefited more 12,000 candidates, with review of sample questions from all 10 domains included in the exam.
Among the featured cutting-edge products and services available at FOSE 2014 are:
- Aerva (Booth 1014) – AerWave is an easy-to-use, cloud-based platform for managing and scheduling content across networked displays, with integration for social media, real-time data, security alerts and mobile interactivity. Government customers, including the U.S. Navy, and large networks, such as Anheuser-Busch, utilize Aerva's innovative technology to power their digital signage networks.
- Aspera (Booth 1216) – Aspera Drive is a new high-performance file sharing and synchronization solution. The powerful and easy-to-use platform, built on the unique Aspera FASP™ technology, combines high-speed secure transfer, remote browsing and synchronization of any size data from the user’s desktop to any content location – on premise and throughout the cloud. With Aspera On Demand, Aspera offers seamless, high-speed transfers of very large files and sets of files directly to, from and across cloud storage. The Aspera high-speed transfer platform-as-a-service now supports IBM SoftLayer, Google Cloud Platform and OpenStack, in addition to Amazon Web Services and Windows Azure.
- AppDynamics (Booth 1219) – The AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform empowers government agencies in today’s software-defined world with the ability to proactively monitor, manage and optimize the most complex software environments, in real time, in production, and with cloud or on-premise deployment flexibility.
- BAE Systems (Booth 1240) – BAE Systems offers scalable desktop virtualization services and solutions to support the U.S. government’s increasingly mobile workforce. BAE Systems’ thick client tablets offer the security, remote management and computing capacity needed to speed both collection and dissemination of data in wired, wireless and disconnected operations. BAE’s SIBA is redefining and simplifying secure data collaboration. SIBA empowers analysts to create a single document and set access levels down to the character so critical intelligence can be shared with multiple agencies and partners in real-time. SIBA integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Office® and SharePoint® products to reduce customer costs.
- Bamboo Solutions (Booth 1131) – A comprehensive, turnkey solution to project management on SharePoint, Bamboo Project Management Central® increases visibility and transparency so that priorities stay up-to-date and projects, programs and entire portfolios are completed on-schedule and within budget. Bamboo Workflow Conductor® is an easy-to-use workflow solution designed to quickly automate and manage everyday business processes, which features a simple drag-and-drop interface to easily create complex workflows without custom coding. With more than 20 components and tools, Bamboo Essentials Suite® provides instant access to a full range of enhancements that deliver the critical functionality missing from SharePoint out-of-the-box.
- BrowseAloud (Texthelp Inc.) (Booth 1433) – BrowseAloud extends the reach of websites to the 40 percent of the population that require reading and translation support by removing barriers faced when interacting online. These barriers include language difficulties and print disabilities, such as dyslexia, mild visual impairments and cognitive disorders, as well as when English is a second language. More than 7,000 websites within the public and private sector have chosen BrowseAloud to improve access to their information online, comply with legal obligations, encourage citizen engagement and improve efficiencies.
- Cerenade (Booth 1131) – Organizations in need of case management or electronic forms management can utilize Cerenade’s technologies to streamline tasks and gain operational efficiencies in a seamless and cost-effective manner. Cerenade’s solutions are cloud-based, scalable, affordable and user-friendly.
- Entrinsik Inc. (Booth 1237) – Entrinsik Informer operational reporting and business intelligence (BI) software helps more than 1,500 organizations, including governmental organizations, transform real-time data into actionable information by delivering ad-hoc reporting, data analysis and dashboards all in one complete web-based solution.
- ESET North America (Booth 826) – ESET will be showcasing its ESET Endpoint Security, an integrated endpoint security suite with an intuitive central management console; ESET Endpoint Antivirus, which provides comprehensive malware protection for users endpoints; ESET Endpoint Security for Android, which protects businesses from malware infections, intercepts unwanted phone calls and filters SMS/MMS spam to minimize potential data loss risk; DESlock+, a simple-to-use encryption application to protect files, folders, removable media and emails; and ESET Secure Authentication, which provides powerful software-based, two-factor authentication to protect mobile workforces from data breaches due to compromised passwords using smartphones and randomly generated passwords.
- Excelsior College (Booth 1426) – The National Cybersecurity Institute at Excelsior College is working to meet the cybersecurity needs of today and the future with nine totally online programs in cybersecurity on the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Fujitsu Computer Products of America Inc. (Booth 816) – Fujitsu, a market leader in document imaging scanners and services, will showcase its workgroup, departmental and production-level document imaging scanners, including its next-generation fi-7000 series workgroup scanner line.
- Huddle (Booth 1310) – Huddle is a cloud-collaboration service that enables government organizations worldwide to securely store, access, share, and work on files with everyone they need to, regardless of whether they are inside or outside of an organization's firewall. Customers include NASA and the Office of the Secretary of Defense.
- IronKey by Imation (Booth 1008) – IronKey Workspace can transform any computer into a trusted IT-managed workstation, so workers can take all their data, applications and systems with them, securely and reliably.
- Kent State University School of Digital Sciences (Booth 936) – Kent State's new interdisciplinary School of Digital Sciences offers two online programs in enterprise architecture (an 18-credit graduate certificate and a 32-credit Master's degree) and a professional Master's degree that is intended to complement a Bachelor's degree by adding breadth and strategic depth outside the student's undergraduate discipline.
- Leap Motion Inc. (Booth 1019) – Leap Motion, a motion-control hardware and software company introduces 3D motion control technology with a revolutionary device that allows users to interact with their computers by using natural, fluid hand and finger movements. The Leap Motion Controller fits in the palm of users hands and connects to computers via a USB cable. This high-precision technology accurately tracks the movements of hands, fingers and tools with no perceptible latency.
- Logicube, Inc. (Booth 620) – Logicube’s ZClone®Xi hard drive duplicator is a multitarget drive cloning device featuring blazing speeds along with an easy-to-use interface that makes it simple to operate for all skill levels. It features both mirror cloning and “clevercopy” to intelligently copy data areas of the hard drive.
- MindPetal Software Solutions (Booth 1336) – MindPetal’s forms-as-a-service FaaSForms solution provides government agencies with a cloud-based, self-service portal for their users to easily access, manipulate and publish their organization’s document assets. FaaSForms enables an automated, interview-based assembly of your organization’s forms, contracts, templates and other document assets.
- NetNearU (Booth 1110) – NetNearU Managed Services provides a turnkey WiFi solution for venues, spanning the entire WiFi product life cycle. NNU can evaluate inventory of venues, provide site surveys, if necessary, and prepare a bill of materials for each venue. Afterward, NNU will manage the installation, service delivery, ongoing maintenance and any expansion that is necessary. Other solutions include its TRACKOS Intuitive Web-Based Management Tool (setup, monitoring, usage reporting, customer analytics and more) and a dedicated U.S.-based customer help desk. NNU’s platforms are hardware agnostic and PCI, CALEA/SAFE Act and HIPPA compliant.
- nextScan, Inc. (Booth 1308) – nextScan’s Virtual Film safely and economically replaces microfilm libraries by converting to a permanent digital format that can be easily distributed and viewed on any PC. This new software enables preservation of vital records and reduces the costs associated with microfilm. The nextScan Eclipse PLUS Production Level Rollfilm scanner with NextStar Workflow Software scans 16 and 35 mm microfilm at speeds in excess of 1,000 pages per minute for multiple applications, including large scale projects that are time critical, cost-sensitive and require superior image quality. The nextScan FlexScan 3 in 1 scanner with NextStar High Performance Workflow Software is designed to offer a complete package for users with roll film, microfiche and aperture card scanning requirements on a limited budget.
- NIH-NITAAC (Booth 1027) – Drive efficiencies with faster, easier, cost-competitive IT acquisitions through NIH-NITAAC’s CIO-SP3, CIO-SP3 Small Business, and ECS III OMB-Authorized Government-Wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs). Long used by the federal government and DoD to procure IT products, services and solutions, NITAAC GWACs offer federal agencies streamlined acquisition solutions through our online ordering systems, and value-added support. NITAAC GWACs are agile and flexible to accommodate customized agency needs through a diverse pool of industry leaders and innovators, vetted for their technical capabilities at the master contract level. The program is housed within DHHS at The National Institutes of Health Information Technology Acquisition and Assessment Center (NITAAC).
- Nlyte Software, Inc. (Booth #812) - Nlyte Software provides software focused on the planning, managing and optimizing of data centers. The company will announce Nlyte 7.6, along with new connectors and enhanced features at FOSE.
- Object Management Group® (Booth 1833) – OMG is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG’s modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
- Pluralsight (1225) – Pluralsight offers online learning for serious software developers, IT specialists and creative professionals. Through its large curated e-learning library, the company delivers instant access to more than 3,000 courses authored by top experts.
- PrinterLogic (Booth 1236) – PrinterLogic’s Printer Installer is an on-premise web application that simplifies the management, migration and deployment of printers while centrally managing direct IP printing.
- RedSky Technologies, Inc. (Booth Number 837) – E911 Anywhere® 6.3.5, the latest version of RedSky’s cloud-based national 911 call routing solution, now offers call recording, call barge-in and call monitoring. E911 Anywhere® sends emergency notifications (screen pop, SMS and email) to security guards and administrators, and provides mobile softphone location tracking via MyE911®. All products are available on the GSA 70 schedule.
- Siber Systems, Inc. (Booth 417) – Siber Systems is showcasing two products: RoboForm Enterprise and GoodSync Enterprise. RoboForm is a cross-platform full-featured password manager that provides SSO functionality without the need for integration. GoodSync is a cross-platform protocol-independent file synchronization and back-up solution used by more than one million people and deployed at large corporations and government institutions.
- Titania (Booth 727) – A first-time exhibitor at FOSE, Titania will demonstrate its Nipper Studio and Paws Studio software, which automates network security and compliance audit reporting processes.
- WhiteCanyon Software (Booth 1409) – WipeDrive Enterprise is NIAP EAL 4+ certified and allows corporations and government entities to permanently and securely erase data from hard drives, removable media and mobile devices, providing a cost-effective, secure and socially responsible way of recycling and retiring computer storage.
The FOSE expo, as well as five keynote presentations and spotlight sessions in the exhibit hall, are free for government personnel and only $50 for non-government employees. FOSE also offers an in-depth conference featuring eight tracks on cloud and virtualization, cybersecurity, mobile government, big data/records and information management (RIM), acquisitions and procurement, project management, and cybercrime and cyberterrorism. More than 4,000 people have registered for the conference; join them today by registering at FOSE.com.
For 37 years, FOSE has served as the nation's premier event for government technology professionals seeking tools and best practices to equip their agency for the 21st century. From policy updates—straight from the Hill—to exclusive insights from today's leading authorities to the most comprehensive showcase of technology in action—it's all at FOSE. For more information, visit FOSE.com. Please click here to register as press.
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Nov. 25, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 268
In today's enterprise, digital transformation represents organizational change even more so than technology change, as customer preferences and behavior drive end-to-end transformation across lines of business as well as IT. To capitalize on the ubiquitous disruption driving this transformation, companies must be able to innovate at an increasingly rapid pace. Traditional approaches for driving innovation are now woefully inadequate for keeping up with the breadth of disruption and change facin...
Nov. 25, 2015 12:30 AM EST Reads: 413
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound...
Nov. 25, 2015 12:30 AM EST Reads: 407
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Nov. 25, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 152
PubNub has announced the release of BLOCKS, a set of customizable microservices that give developers a simple way to add code and deploy features for realtime apps.PubNub BLOCKS executes business logic directly on the data streaming through PubNub’s network without splitting it off to an intermediary server controlled by the customer. This revolutionary approach streamlines app development, reduces endpoint-to-endpoint latency, and allows apps to better leverage the enormous scalability of PubNu...
Nov. 24, 2015 10:00 PM EST Reads: 258
I recently attended and was a speaker at the 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center. I also had the opportunity to attend this event last year and I wrote a blog from that show talking about how the “Enterprise Impact of IoT” was a key theme of last year’s show. I was curious to see if the same theme would still resonate 365 days later and what, if any, changes I would see in the content presented.
Nov. 24, 2015 08:00 PM EST Reads: 338
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Ben Perlmutter, a Sales Engineer with IBM Cloudant, demonstrated techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user e...
Nov. 24, 2015 07:30 PM EST Reads: 343
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem"...
Nov. 24, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 368
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ab...
Nov. 24, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 319
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Nov. 24, 2015 04:30 PM EST Reads: 286
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, explored the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and provided a hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He examined three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. Asaf Yigal is co-founder and VP of Product at log analytics software company Logz.io. In the past, he was co-founder of social-trading platform Currensee, which...
Nov. 24, 2015 03:45 PM EST
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true ...
Nov. 24, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 460
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Nov. 24, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 137
There are over 120 breakout sessions in all, with Keynotes, General Sessions, and Power Panels adding to three days of incredibly rich presentations and content. Join @ThingsExpo conference chair Roger Strukhoff (@IoT2040), June 7-9, 2016 in New York City, for three days of intense 'Internet of Things' discussion and focus, including Big Data's indespensable role in IoT, Smart Grids and Industrial Internet of Things, Wearables and Consumer IoT, as well as (new) IoT's use in Vertical Markets.
Nov. 24, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 507
Container technology is shaping the future of DevOps and it’s also changing the way organizations think about application development. With the rise of mobile applications in the enterprise, businesses are abandoning year-long development cycles and embracing technologies that enable rapid development and continuous deployment of apps. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kurt Collins, Developer Evangelist at Built.io, examined how Docker has evolved into a highly effective tool for application del...
Nov. 24, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 287