|By Marketwired .||
|April 29, 2014 01:43 PM EDT||
NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - April 29, 2014) - JetBlue Airways (NASDAQ: JBLU) today announced a number of organizational changes as part of a proactive, company-wide organizational realignment designed to enhance operational performance, customer experience and create an overall more efficient airline that is better positioned for the future.
By creating a new, more streamlined reporting structure and new functional ownership for much of JetBlue's senior leadership, the organizational changes, which will be fully implemented in the coming weeks, are designed to improve prioritization, execution and discipline across departments and ensure that the airline is more efficient and better aligned to execute and support its overall strategy.
"Positive change is in JetBlue's DNA. We are constantly evaluating what we can do to improve this airline for our customers, our shareholders, and our crewmembers, and this effort helps us do precisely that," said Dave Barger, CEO JetBlue.
"At the end of the day, this is about building an organization that will help our crewmembers execute better every day and allow us to build on our position as an independent and disruptive force in the industry," said Robin Hayes, President.
As part of the organizational restructure, the following senior leaders will now have expanded functions or new roles at JetBlue:
- Joanna Geraghty has been named Executive Vice President, Customer Experience supporting JetBlue's 12,000 Crewmembers in Inflight, Airports and Customer Support teams, reporting to Robin Hayes. Ms. Geraghty joined JetBlue Airways in March 2005 as Director, Litigation and Regulatory Counsel moving into the Vice President, Associate General Counsel role in 2006. Most recently, Ms. Geraghty was JetBlue's Executive Vice President, Chief People Officer leading JetBlue's human resources functions.
- Jeff Martin, Senior Vice President, Operations, has taken on an expanded role to include leadership of the airline's System Operations Center in addition to his current leadership of Flight Operations and Technical Operations. Mr. Martin, who will be reporting to Robin Hayes, joined JetBlue in April of 2012 after 22 years of service at Southwest Airlines.
- Scott Laurence has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Airline Planning, reporting to Robin Hayes. Mr. Laurence joined the airline in April 2008 as Director, Route Planning, and since 2009 has held the role of Vice President, Network Planning & Industry Partnerships. To ensure greater integration of day-of and long-term planning functions, the following teams will report to Mr. Laurence: Network & Operations Planning, International, Charter Operations, Continuous Improvement, and Industry Partnerships.
- Marty St. George has been named Senior Vice President, Commercial. Mr. St. George joined the airline in July 2006 and held several roles including: Vice President, Planning, and most recently, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Commercial Strategy. In his expanded role, Mr. St. George will oversee Customer Analytics and Sales & Revenue Management in addition to his current leadership of Brand & Advertising, Digital Commerce, Loyalty, and Product Development and continue reporting to Robin Hayes.
- Warren Christie has been promoted to Senior Vice President Regulatory & Training, reporting to Robin Hayes. Mr. Christie joined the airline in March 2003 and has served in various roles including Vice President, JetBlue University, the airline's award-winning training department. Most recently, Mr. Christie has held the Vice President, Operations Planning & Training role since 2012. The following teams will report to Mr. Christie: Safety, Security and JetBlue University.
- Mike Elliott has been promoted to Senior Vice President, People, reporting to Dave Barger. Mr. Elliott joined the airline in October 2010 as Vice President, Crew Relations where he has worked tirelessly to ensure high engagement of Crewmembers and the company's Values Committees. The following teams will report to Mr. Elliott: Compensation & Benefits, Crew Relations, Labor and Talent Management.
- David Clark has been promoted to Vice President, Network Planning and will have responsibility for JetBlue's flight schedule, network optimization and flight profitability. Mr. Clark, who will be reporting to Scott Laurence, joined the airline in May 2009 as Director, Route Planning and is one of the architects of JetBlue's successful expansion in Boston and Latin America. He has served as Director, Schedule Planning since October 2011.
- Tracy Lawlor has been promoted to Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis. Reporting to Mark Powers, Chief Financial Officer, she will be responsible for short- and long-term forecasting and capital allocation. Ms. Lawlor joined the airline in July 2001 and has held the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis role since 2006.
- In addition to the above organizational changes, Glenn Cusano, JetBlue's former Vice President of Financial Planning & Analysis will be moving to the role of Vice President, Operational Planning & Analysis reporting to Scott Laurence. In this role, Mr. Cusano will work to identify operational efficiencies and manage workforce planning needs throughout the operation.
JetBlue is New York's Hometown Airline™ and a leading carrier in Boston, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood, Los Angeles (Long Beach), Orlando and San Juan. JetBlue carries 30 million customers a year to 84 cities in the U.S., Caribbean and Latin America with an average of 825 daily flights. Upcoming destinations include Hyannis, Mass. JetBlue was the first U.S. airline to allow customers to use their personal electronic devices throughout all domestic flights. With JetBlue, all seats are assigned, all fares are one-way, and an overnight stay is never required. For more information please visit www.JetBlue.com.
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 29, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,265
SYS-CON Events announced today that Auditwerx will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Auditwerx specializes in SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 attestation services throughout the U.S. and Canada. As a division of Carr, Riggs & Ingram (CRI), one of the top 20 largest CPA firms nationally, you can expect the resources, skills, and experience of a much larger firm combined with the accessibility and attent...
Mar. 29, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 653
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Mar. 29, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,798
SYS-CON Events announced today that HTBase will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. HTBase (Gartner 2016 Cool Vendor) delivers a Composable IT infrastructure solution architected for agility and increased efficiency. It turns compute, storage, and fabric into fluid pools of resources that are easily composed and re-composed to meet each application’s needs. With HTBase, companies can quickly prov...
Mar. 29, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,242
Imagine having the ability to leverage all of your current technology and to be able to compose it into one resource pool. Now imagine, as your business grows, not having to deploy a complete new appliance to scale your infrastructure. Also imagine a true multi-cloud capability that allows live migration without any modification between cloud environments regardless of whether that cloud is your private cloud or your public AWS, Azure or Google instance. Now think of a world that is not locked i...
Mar. 29, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 645
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 29, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,735
In his session at Cloud Expo, Alan Winters, an entertainment executive/TV producer turned serial entrepreneur, will present a success story of an entrepreneur who has both suffered through and benefited from offshore development across multiple businesses: The smart choice, or how to select the right offshore development partner Warning signs, or how to minimize chances of making the wrong choice Collaboration, or how to establish the most effective work processes Budget control, or how to max...
Mar. 29, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 532
What if you could build a web application that could support true web-scale traffic without having to ever provision or manage a single server? Sounds magical, and it is! In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Munns, Senior Developer Advocate for Serverless Applications at Amazon Web Services, will show how to build a serverless website that scales automatically using services like AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon S3. We will review several frameworks that can help you build serverle...
Mar. 29, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,243
MongoDB Atlas leverages VPC peering for AWS, a service that allows multiple VPC networks to interact. This includes VPCs that belong to other AWS account holders. By performing cross account VPC peering, users ensure networks that host and communicate their data are secure. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jay Gordon, a Developer Advocate at MongoDB, will explain how to properly architect your VPC using existing AWS tools and then peer with your MongoDB Atlas cluster. He'll discuss the secur...
Mar. 29, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 711
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Mar. 29, 2017 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 7,893
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 29, 2017 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,572
SYS-CON Events announced today that Infranics will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Since 2000, Infranics has developed SysMaster Suite, which is required for the stable and efficient management of ICT infrastructure. The ICT management solution developed and provided by Infranics continues to add intelligence to the ICT infrastructure through the IMC (Infra Management Cycle) based on mathemat...
Mar. 29, 2017 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,432
Most companies are adopting or evaluating container technology - Docker in particular - to speed up application deployment, drive down cost, ease management and make application delivery more flexible overall. As with most new architectures, this dream takes a lot of work to become a reality. Even when you do get your application componentized enough and packaged properly, there are still challenges for DevOps teams to making the shift to continuous delivery and achieving that reduction in cost...
Mar. 29, 2017 10:53 AM EDT Reads: 233
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Mar. 29, 2017 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 10,476
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 29, 2017 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,717