|By Marketwired .||
|April 29, 2014 01:43 PM EDT||
NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - April 29, 2014) - JetBlue Airways (NASDAQ: JBLU) today announced a number of organizational changes as part of a proactive, company-wide organizational realignment designed to enhance operational performance, customer experience and create an overall more efficient airline that is better positioned for the future.
By creating a new, more streamlined reporting structure and new functional ownership for much of JetBlue's senior leadership, the organizational changes, which will be fully implemented in the coming weeks, are designed to improve prioritization, execution and discipline across departments and ensure that the airline is more efficient and better aligned to execute and support its overall strategy.
"Positive change is in JetBlue's DNA. We are constantly evaluating what we can do to improve this airline for our customers, our shareholders, and our crewmembers, and this effort helps us do precisely that," said Dave Barger, CEO JetBlue.
"At the end of the day, this is about building an organization that will help our crewmembers execute better every day and allow us to build on our position as an independent and disruptive force in the industry," said Robin Hayes, President.
As part of the organizational restructure, the following senior leaders will now have expanded functions or new roles at JetBlue:
- Joanna Geraghty has been named Executive Vice President, Customer Experience supporting JetBlue's 12,000 Crewmembers in Inflight, Airports and Customer Support teams, reporting to Robin Hayes. Ms. Geraghty joined JetBlue Airways in March 2005 as Director, Litigation and Regulatory Counsel moving into the Vice President, Associate General Counsel role in 2006. Most recently, Ms. Geraghty was JetBlue's Executive Vice President, Chief People Officer leading JetBlue's human resources functions.
- Jeff Martin, Senior Vice President, Operations, has taken on an expanded role to include leadership of the airline's System Operations Center in addition to his current leadership of Flight Operations and Technical Operations. Mr. Martin, who will be reporting to Robin Hayes, joined JetBlue in April of 2012 after 22 years of service at Southwest Airlines.
- Scott Laurence has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Airline Planning, reporting to Robin Hayes. Mr. Laurence joined the airline in April 2008 as Director, Route Planning, and since 2009 has held the role of Vice President, Network Planning & Industry Partnerships. To ensure greater integration of day-of and long-term planning functions, the following teams will report to Mr. Laurence: Network & Operations Planning, International, Charter Operations, Continuous Improvement, and Industry Partnerships.
- Marty St. George has been named Senior Vice President, Commercial. Mr. St. George joined the airline in July 2006 and held several roles including: Vice President, Planning, and most recently, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Commercial Strategy. In his expanded role, Mr. St. George will oversee Customer Analytics and Sales & Revenue Management in addition to his current leadership of Brand & Advertising, Digital Commerce, Loyalty, and Product Development and continue reporting to Robin Hayes.
- Warren Christie has been promoted to Senior Vice President Regulatory & Training, reporting to Robin Hayes. Mr. Christie joined the airline in March 2003 and has served in various roles including Vice President, JetBlue University, the airline's award-winning training department. Most recently, Mr. Christie has held the Vice President, Operations Planning & Training role since 2012. The following teams will report to Mr. Christie: Safety, Security and JetBlue University.
- Mike Elliott has been promoted to Senior Vice President, People, reporting to Dave Barger. Mr. Elliott joined the airline in October 2010 as Vice President, Crew Relations where he has worked tirelessly to ensure high engagement of Crewmembers and the company's Values Committees. The following teams will report to Mr. Elliott: Compensation & Benefits, Crew Relations, Labor and Talent Management.
- David Clark has been promoted to Vice President, Network Planning and will have responsibility for JetBlue's flight schedule, network optimization and flight profitability. Mr. Clark, who will be reporting to Scott Laurence, joined the airline in May 2009 as Director, Route Planning and is one of the architects of JetBlue's successful expansion in Boston and Latin America. He has served as Director, Schedule Planning since October 2011.
- Tracy Lawlor has been promoted to Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis. Reporting to Mark Powers, Chief Financial Officer, she will be responsible for short- and long-term forecasting and capital allocation. Ms. Lawlor joined the airline in July 2001 and has held the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis role since 2006.
- In addition to the above organizational changes, Glenn Cusano, JetBlue's former Vice President of Financial Planning & Analysis will be moving to the role of Vice President, Operational Planning & Analysis reporting to Scott Laurence. In this role, Mr. Cusano will work to identify operational efficiencies and manage workforce planning needs throughout the operation.
JetBlue is New York's Hometown Airline™ and a leading carrier in Boston, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood, Los Angeles (Long Beach), Orlando and San Juan. JetBlue carries 30 million customers a year to 84 cities in the U.S., Caribbean and Latin America with an average of 825 daily flights. Upcoming destinations include Hyannis, Mass. JetBlue was the first U.S. airline to allow customers to use their personal electronic devices throughout all domestic flights. With JetBlue, all seats are assigned, all fares are one-way, and an overnight stay is never required. For more information please visit www.JetBlue.com.
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 25, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 11,427
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Oct. 25, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,347
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and microservices. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your conta...
Oct. 25, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,515
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will w...
Oct. 25, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,368
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 25, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,993
DevOps theory promotes a culture of continuous improvement built on collaboration, empowerment, systems thinking, and feedback loops. But how do you collaborate effectively across the traditional silos? How can you make decisions without system-wide visibility? How can you see the whole system when it is spread across teams and locations? How do you close feedback loops across teams and activities delivering complex multi-tier, cloud, container, serverless, and/or API-based services?
Oct. 25, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,085
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 25, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,701
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,008
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 948
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,738
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 25, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 962
The IoT industry is now at a crossroads, between the fast-paced innovation of technologies and the pending mass adoption by global enterprises. The complexity of combining rapidly evolving technologies and the need to establish practices for market acceleration pose a strong challenge to global enterprises as well as IoT vendors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Clark Smith, senior product manager for Numerex, will discuss how Numerex, as an experienced, established IoT provider, has embraced a ...
Oct. 25, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,124
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his session at @DevOpsSummit 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will show how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that enables everyon...
Oct. 25, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,306
Today every business relies on software to drive the innovation necessary for a competitive edge in the Application Economy. This is why collaboration between development and operations, or DevOps, has become IT’s number one priority. Whether you are in Dev or Ops, understanding how to implement a DevOps strategy can deliver faster development cycles, improved software quality, reduced deployment times and overall better experiences for your customers.
Oct. 25, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 918
Cloud based infrastructure deployment is becoming more and more appealing to customers, from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs due to its pay-as-you-go model. Enterprise storage vendors are able to reach out to these customers by integrating in cloud based deployments; this needs adaptability and interoperability of the products confirming to cloud standards such as OpenStack, CloudStack, or Azure. As compared to off the shelf commodity storage, enterprise storages by its reliability, high-availabil...
Oct. 25, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,160