|By Marketwired .||
|April 29, 2014 01:43 PM EDT||
NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - April 29, 2014) - JetBlue Airways (NASDAQ: JBLU) today announced a number of organizational changes as part of a proactive, company-wide organizational realignment designed to enhance operational performance, customer experience and create an overall more efficient airline that is better positioned for the future.
By creating a new, more streamlined reporting structure and new functional ownership for much of JetBlue's senior leadership, the organizational changes, which will be fully implemented in the coming weeks, are designed to improve prioritization, execution and discipline across departments and ensure that the airline is more efficient and better aligned to execute and support its overall strategy.
"Positive change is in JetBlue's DNA. We are constantly evaluating what we can do to improve this airline for our customers, our shareholders, and our crewmembers, and this effort helps us do precisely that," said Dave Barger, CEO JetBlue.
"At the end of the day, this is about building an organization that will help our crewmembers execute better every day and allow us to build on our position as an independent and disruptive force in the industry," said Robin Hayes, President.
As part of the organizational restructure, the following senior leaders will now have expanded functions or new roles at JetBlue:
- Joanna Geraghty has been named Executive Vice President, Customer Experience supporting JetBlue's 12,000 Crewmembers in Inflight, Airports and Customer Support teams, reporting to Robin Hayes. Ms. Geraghty joined JetBlue Airways in March 2005 as Director, Litigation and Regulatory Counsel moving into the Vice President, Associate General Counsel role in 2006. Most recently, Ms. Geraghty was JetBlue's Executive Vice President, Chief People Officer leading JetBlue's human resources functions.
- Jeff Martin, Senior Vice President, Operations, has taken on an expanded role to include leadership of the airline's System Operations Center in addition to his current leadership of Flight Operations and Technical Operations. Mr. Martin, who will be reporting to Robin Hayes, joined JetBlue in April of 2012 after 22 years of service at Southwest Airlines.
- Scott Laurence has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Airline Planning, reporting to Robin Hayes. Mr. Laurence joined the airline in April 2008 as Director, Route Planning, and since 2009 has held the role of Vice President, Network Planning & Industry Partnerships. To ensure greater integration of day-of and long-term planning functions, the following teams will report to Mr. Laurence: Network & Operations Planning, International, Charter Operations, Continuous Improvement, and Industry Partnerships.
- Marty St. George has been named Senior Vice President, Commercial. Mr. St. George joined the airline in July 2006 and held several roles including: Vice President, Planning, and most recently, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Commercial Strategy. In his expanded role, Mr. St. George will oversee Customer Analytics and Sales & Revenue Management in addition to his current leadership of Brand & Advertising, Digital Commerce, Loyalty, and Product Development and continue reporting to Robin Hayes.
- Warren Christie has been promoted to Senior Vice President Regulatory & Training, reporting to Robin Hayes. Mr. Christie joined the airline in March 2003 and has served in various roles including Vice President, JetBlue University, the airline's award-winning training department. Most recently, Mr. Christie has held the Vice President, Operations Planning & Training role since 2012. The following teams will report to Mr. Christie: Safety, Security and JetBlue University.
- Mike Elliott has been promoted to Senior Vice President, People, reporting to Dave Barger. Mr. Elliott joined the airline in October 2010 as Vice President, Crew Relations where he has worked tirelessly to ensure high engagement of Crewmembers and the company's Values Committees. The following teams will report to Mr. Elliott: Compensation & Benefits, Crew Relations, Labor and Talent Management.
- David Clark has been promoted to Vice President, Network Planning and will have responsibility for JetBlue's flight schedule, network optimization and flight profitability. Mr. Clark, who will be reporting to Scott Laurence, joined the airline in May 2009 as Director, Route Planning and is one of the architects of JetBlue's successful expansion in Boston and Latin America. He has served as Director, Schedule Planning since October 2011.
- Tracy Lawlor has been promoted to Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis. Reporting to Mark Powers, Chief Financial Officer, she will be responsible for short- and long-term forecasting and capital allocation. Ms. Lawlor joined the airline in July 2001 and has held the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis role since 2006.
- In addition to the above organizational changes, Glenn Cusano, JetBlue's former Vice President of Financial Planning & Analysis will be moving to the role of Vice President, Operational Planning & Analysis reporting to Scott Laurence. In this role, Mr. Cusano will work to identify operational efficiencies and manage workforce planning needs throughout the operation.
JetBlue is New York's Hometown Airline™ and a leading carrier in Boston, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood, Los Angeles (Long Beach), Orlando and San Juan. JetBlue carries 30 million customers a year to 84 cities in the U.S., Caribbean and Latin America with an average of 825 daily flights. Upcoming destinations include Hyannis, Mass. JetBlue was the first U.S. airline to allow customers to use their personal electronic devices throughout all domestic flights. With JetBlue, all seats are assigned, all fares are one-way, and an overnight stay is never required. For more information please visit www.JetBlue.com.
Advances in technology and ubiquitous connectivity have made the utilization of a dispersed workforce more common. Whether that remote team is located across the street or country, management styles/ approaches will have to be adjusted to accommodate this new dynamic. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., focused on the challenges of managing remote teams, providing real-world examples that demonstrate what works and what do...
Feb. 5, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 146
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 5, 2016 04:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 5, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 107
With microservices, SOA and distributed architectures becoming more popular, it is becoming increasingly harder to keep track of where time is spent in a distributed application when trying to diagnose performance problems. Distributed tracing systems attempt to address this problem by following application requests across service boundaries, persisting metadata along the way that provide context for fine-grained performance monitoring.
Feb. 5, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 759
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 5, 2016 03:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 5, 2016 02:45 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including clou...
Feb. 5, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 684
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Feb. 5, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 111
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 5, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 322
SYS-CON Events announced today that AppNeta, the leader in performance insight for business-critical web applications, will exhibit and present at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AppNeta is the only application performance monitoring (APM) company to provide solutions for all applications – applications you develop internally, business-critical SaaS applications you use and the networks that deli...
Feb. 5, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 305
The maker of automated server migration software reports sales bookings increased 460 percent year-over-year and last week IDC forecast spending on public cloud services will grow to more than $141 billion in 2019. Seems (at last) we are at the tipping point where enterprises are adopting cloud in a big way opening opportunities for those who can help with the transition.
Feb. 5, 2016 01:27 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 5, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 316
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City, and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Feb. 5, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 487
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 5, 2016 12:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 5, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 510