|By Marketwired .||
|April 30, 2014 03:00 AM EDT||
CHAMPAIGN, IL--(Marketwired - April 30, 2014) - As evidenced by scores of magazine covers and infomercials, fat loss is almost always associated with appearance. But Nick Tumminello, who is rapidly establishing himself as a leader and innovator in the field of human performance training, offers many other health and performance benefits of losing fat and having a lean body. The owner of Performance University International and inventor of the Core Bar reveals eight such benefits in his new book, Strength Training for Fat Loss (Human Kinetics):
- Better sport performance. Although most people don't make their livings playing sports, many do enjoy competing with friends and family. Tumminello points out that a fat-loss plan can help you run faster and jump higher, negating the performance limitations of carrying around an extra 5, 10, 20, or more pounds on your body. "When you lose the fat, you automatically become more athletic," he says. "So, if you want to improve your sport performance, an effective fat-loss program could be just the edge you need to outperform the competition."
- Improved strength. The less excess body weight you carry around, the more reps with heavier weight you can lift to continue building muscle and increasing strength. Tumminello explains that the more body weight you carry (i.e., body fat), the weaker you'll feel and the less work you'll be able to complete. Plus, you might not even be able to complete enough reps of certain exercises to create an optimal training stimulus for increased muscle and strength, meaning your time in the weight room is not as effective as it could be if you were leaner.
- Better cardio conditioning. Not only will extra weight hold you back in the sport performance arena and in the weight room, but it can also hinder your ability to play an entire game or go on a long hike with your friends and family. "You must have the energy to be able to go the distance," Tumminello stresses. "It's glaringly obvious that you'll get tired and quit faster when you're carrying around extra weight than you would if you had less body fat using up energy."
- Increased energy. The more body fat you have, the sooner you will get tired and feel the need for an energy boost. Following a fat-loss plan, however, will help you become more energy efficient. Tumminello believes that this will not only make you feel better throughout the day, but it will also save you money because you won't have the need to buy expensive energy drinks.
- Less joint pain. Losing fat helps to minimize the risk of putting undue stress on your joints. While exercise and an active lifestyle can help keep joints healthy, too much stress can cause them to break down and become less healthy. Says Tumminello, "Considering the design and function of the joints, it is clear that carrying around excess body fat can turn otherwise healthy activity and exercise into activity that overloads the joints beyond their capacity and causes injury." He also warns that additional body fat can increase the risk of developing osteoporosis.
- Healthier weight. Extra body fat places more stress on the heart and puts you at greater risk of health concerns such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and heart attack. Maintaining a healthier weight can result in a body that looks good on the outside while also being healthy on the inside.
- Less stress. Exercise is already a great way to relieve stress, and Tumminello's easy-to-follow and scientifically based system is focused on principles of sensible eating and fitness -not fads that will go out of style in a few years. That means you just have to put in the work and not worry about the confusion created by conflicting information and constantly changing fitness and diet trends.
- Less anxiety and depression, improved brain function, and better sleep. While exercise has been shown to reduce anxiety and depression, it has also been shown to improve brain function. And, Tumminello says, if you are regularly exercising, your body will need to rest and recover, therefore making it more likely that your sleep will improve.
"The value of a great fat-loss program goes far beyond helping you look great at the beach," Tumminello concludes. "It's one of the most valuable things you can do to improve the way you feel; to improve the way you move in life, in the gym, and in sport; and to keep you feeling healthy and pain free."
Strength Training for Fat Loss is a comprehensive, user-friendly guide to burning fat for aesthetic, performance, and health purposes. Regardless of age or sex, it delivers a safe approach to strength training for anyone. For more information on Strength Training for Fat Loss or other strength and conditioning books and resources, visit HumanKinetics.com.
The following files are available for download:
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Oct. 27, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,674
SYS-CON Events announced today that Impiger Technologies will exhibit in Booth #109 at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Impiger Technologies is a world-class, enterprise software product engineering company specializing in Mobile Application Development, Cloud Applications, Microsoft Technology Solutions, Web Technology and Telecom Services. Impiger Technologies helps enterprises improve busi...
Oct. 27, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 281
Intelligent machines are here. Robots, self-driving cars, drones, bots and many IoT devices are becoming smarter with Machine Learning. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Sudha Jamthe, CEO of IoTDisruptions.com, will discuss the next wave of business disruption at the junction of IoT and AI, impacting many industries and set to change our lives, work and world as we know it.
Oct. 27, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 507
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to focus on the core of their online busine...
Oct. 27, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,462
In the 21st century, security on the Internet has become one of the most important issues. We hear more and more about cyber-attacks on the websites of large corporations, banks and even small businesses. When online we’re concerned not only for our own safety but also our privacy. We have to know that hackers usually start their preparation by investigating the private information of admins – the habits, interests, visited websites and so on. On the other hand, our own security is in danger bec...
Oct. 27, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 655
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Oct. 27, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 285
The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn® open source IoT framework, today announced that the two organizations’ boards have approved a merger under the OCF name and bylaws. This merger will advance interoperability between connected devices from both groups, enabling the full operating potential of IoT and representing a significant step towards a connected ecosystem.
Oct. 27, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,329
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Oct. 27, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,988
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 27, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,188
Enterprises have been using both Big Data and virtualization for years. Until recently, however, most enterprises have not combined the two. Big Data's demands for higher levels of performance, the ability to control quality-of-service (QoS), and the ability to adhere to SLAs have kept it on bare metal, apart from the modern data center cloud. With recent technology innovations, we've seen the advantages of bare metal erode to such a degree that the enhanced flexibility and reduced costs that cl...
Oct. 27, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 610
SYS-CON Events announced today that Embotics, the cloud automation company, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Embotics is the cloud automation company for IT organizations and service providers that need to improve provisioning or enable self-service capabilities. With a relentless focus on delivering a premier user experience and unmatched customer support, Embotics is the fas...
Oct. 27, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,062
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 27, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,340
Governments around the world are adopting Safe Harbor privacy provisions to protect customer data from leaving sovereign territories. Increasingly, global companies are required to create new instances of their server clusters in multiple countries to keep abreast of these new Safe Harbor laws. Is it worth it? In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Adam Rogers, Managing Director of Anexia, Inc., will discuss how to keep your data legal and still stay in business.
Oct. 27, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,554
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Oct. 27, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,280
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Nick Son, Vice President of Cyber Risk & Public Sector at Coalfire, will discuss the latest information on the FedRAMP Program. Topics will cover: FedRAMP Readiness Assessment Report (RAR). This new process is designed to streamline and accelerate the FedRAMP process from the traditional timeline by initially focusing on technical capability instead of documentation preparedness. FedRAMP for High-impact level systems. Early in 2016 FedRAMP officially publishe...
Oct. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 621