|By Marketwired .||
|April 30, 2014 03:00 AM EDT||
CHAMPAIGN, IL--(Marketwired - April 30, 2014) - As evidenced by scores of magazine covers and infomercials, fat loss is almost always associated with appearance. But Nick Tumminello, who is rapidly establishing himself as a leader and innovator in the field of human performance training, offers many other health and performance benefits of losing fat and having a lean body. The owner of Performance University International and inventor of the Core Bar reveals eight such benefits in his new book, Strength Training for Fat Loss (Human Kinetics):
- Better sport performance. Although most people don't make their livings playing sports, many do enjoy competing with friends and family. Tumminello points out that a fat-loss plan can help you run faster and jump higher, negating the performance limitations of carrying around an extra 5, 10, 20, or more pounds on your body. "When you lose the fat, you automatically become more athletic," he says. "So, if you want to improve your sport performance, an effective fat-loss program could be just the edge you need to outperform the competition."
- Improved strength. The less excess body weight you carry around, the more reps with heavier weight you can lift to continue building muscle and increasing strength. Tumminello explains that the more body weight you carry (i.e., body fat), the weaker you'll feel and the less work you'll be able to complete. Plus, you might not even be able to complete enough reps of certain exercises to create an optimal training stimulus for increased muscle and strength, meaning your time in the weight room is not as effective as it could be if you were leaner.
- Better cardio conditioning. Not only will extra weight hold you back in the sport performance arena and in the weight room, but it can also hinder your ability to play an entire game or go on a long hike with your friends and family. "You must have the energy to be able to go the distance," Tumminello stresses. "It's glaringly obvious that you'll get tired and quit faster when you're carrying around extra weight than you would if you had less body fat using up energy."
- Increased energy. The more body fat you have, the sooner you will get tired and feel the need for an energy boost. Following a fat-loss plan, however, will help you become more energy efficient. Tumminello believes that this will not only make you feel better throughout the day, but it will also save you money because you won't have the need to buy expensive energy drinks.
- Less joint pain. Losing fat helps to minimize the risk of putting undue stress on your joints. While exercise and an active lifestyle can help keep joints healthy, too much stress can cause them to break down and become less healthy. Says Tumminello, "Considering the design and function of the joints, it is clear that carrying around excess body fat can turn otherwise healthy activity and exercise into activity that overloads the joints beyond their capacity and causes injury." He also warns that additional body fat can increase the risk of developing osteoporosis.
- Healthier weight. Extra body fat places more stress on the heart and puts you at greater risk of health concerns such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and heart attack. Maintaining a healthier weight can result in a body that looks good on the outside while also being healthy on the inside.
- Less stress. Exercise is already a great way to relieve stress, and Tumminello's easy-to-follow and scientifically based system is focused on principles of sensible eating and fitness -not fads that will go out of style in a few years. That means you just have to put in the work and not worry about the confusion created by conflicting information and constantly changing fitness and diet trends.
- Less anxiety and depression, improved brain function, and better sleep. While exercise has been shown to reduce anxiety and depression, it has also been shown to improve brain function. And, Tumminello says, if you are regularly exercising, your body will need to rest and recover, therefore making it more likely that your sleep will improve.
"The value of a great fat-loss program goes far beyond helping you look great at the beach," Tumminello concludes. "It's one of the most valuable things you can do to improve the way you feel; to improve the way you move in life, in the gym, and in sport; and to keep you feeling healthy and pain free."
Strength Training for Fat Loss is a comprehensive, user-friendly guide to burning fat for aesthetic, performance, and health purposes. Regardless of age or sex, it delivers a safe approach to strength training for anyone. For more information on Strength Training for Fat Loss or other strength and conditioning books and resources, visit HumanKinetics.com.
The following files are available for download:
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on...
Aug. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 247
Cloud and datacenter migration innovator AppZero has joined the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance Program. AppZero is a fast, flexible way to move Windows Server applications from any source machine – physical or virtual – to any destination server, in any cloud or datacenter, using its patented container technology. AppZero’s container is also called a Virtual Application Appliance (VAA). To facilitate Microsoft Azure onboarding, AppZero has two purpose-built offerings: AppZero SP for Azure,...
Aug. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 156
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 425
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 860
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Trel...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 208
Red Hat is investing in Tesora, the number one contributor to OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) also ranked among the top 20 companies contributing to OpenStack overall. Tesora, the company bringing OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) to the enterprise, has announced that Red Hat and others have invested in the company as a part of Tesora's latest funding round. The funding agreement expands on the ongoing collaboration between Tesora and Red Hat, which dates back to Febr...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 327
IBM’s Blue Box Cloud, powered by OpenStack, is now available in any of IBM’s globally integrated cloud data centers running SoftLayer infrastructure. Less than 90 days after its acquisition of Blue Box, IBM has integrated its Blue Box Cloud Dedicated private-cloud-as-a-service into its broader portfolio of OpenStack® based solutions. The announcement, made today at the OpenStack Silicon Valley event, further highlights IBM’s continued support to deliver OpenStack solutions across all cloud depl...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 215
Everyone talks about continuous integration and continuous delivery but those are just two ends of the pipeline. In the middle of DevOps is continuous testing (CT), and many organizations are struggling to implement continuous testing effectively. After all, without continuous testing there is no delivery. And Lab-As-A-Service (LaaS) enhances the CT with dynamic on-demand self-serve test topologies. CT together with LAAS make a powerful combination that perfectly serves complex software developm...
Aug. 30, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 178
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes ab...
Aug. 30, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 601
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Aug. 30, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 432
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ab...
Aug. 30, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 334
WSM International, the pioneer and leader in server migration services, has announced an agreement with WHOA.com, a leader in providing secure public, private and hybrid cloud computing services. Under terms of the agreement, WSM will provide migration services to WHOA.com customers to relocate some or all of their applications, digital assets, and other computing workloads to WHOA.com enterprise-class, secure cloud infrastructure. The migration services include detailed evaluation and planning...
Aug. 30, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 155
In today's digital world, change is the one constant. Disruptive innovations like cloud, mobility, social media, and the Internet of Things have reshaped the market and set new standards in customer expectations. To remain competitive, businesses must tap the potential of emerging technologies and markets through the rapid release of new products and services. However, the rigid and siloed structures of traditional IT platforms and processes are slowing them down – resulting in lengthy delivery ...
Aug. 30, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 566
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of I...
Aug. 30, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 385
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 30, 2015 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 494