|By Marketwired .||
|April 30, 2014 09:18 AM EDT||
MCLEAN, VA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/30/14 -- Freddie Mac's (OTCQB: FMCC) full menu of relief policies for borrowers affected by disaster is being extended to homeowners whose homes were damaged or destroyed by the powerful storm that swept through Arkansas and other states. Freddie Mac's disaster relief policies are targeted to borrowers with homes in jurisdictions President Obama has declared to be Major Disaster Areas where federal Individual Assistance programs are being made available to affected individuals and households. Freddie Mac is one of the nation's largest investors in residential mortgages.
Attribute to Tracy Mooney, Senior Vice President of Single-Family Servicing, Freddie Mac:
"Freddie Mac is urgently reminding the nation's mortgage servicers about the full range of mortgage relief options they can provide to affected borrowers with mortgages we own or guarantee. These options include forbearance on mortgage payments for up to one year. We strongly encourage borrowers to contact their servicers to discuss mortgage relief."
- Freddie Mac disaster relief policies authorize mortgage servicers to help affected borrowers in presidentially declared Major Disaster Areas where federal Individual Assistance programs have been extended. A list of these areas can be found at http://www.fema.gov/disasters.
- Freddie Mac mortgage relief options for affected borrowers in these areas include:
- Suspending foreclosure for up to 12 months;
- Waiving assessments of penalties or late fees against borrowers with disaster-damaged homes; and
- Not reporting forbearance or delinquencies caused by the disaster to the nation's credit bureaus.
- Freddie Mac is also reminding servicers to consider borrowers who work in eligible disaster areas, but have homes in unaffected areas, for Freddie Mac's standard relief policies, which include forbearance or mortgage modifications.
- Affected borrowers should immediately contact their mortgage servicer -- the company to which they send their monthly mortgage payment.
- See http://www.freddiemac.com/singlefamily/service for a description of Freddie Mac disaster relief policies.
Freddie Mac was established by Congress in 1970 to provide liquidity, stability and affordability to the nation's residential mortgage markets. Freddie Mac supports communities across the nation by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Today Freddie Mac is making home possible for one in four homebuyers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. www.FreddieMac.com. Twitter: @FreddieMac
May. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,353
May. 24, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,980
May. 23, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,752
May. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,770
May. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,711
May. 23, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 362
May. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,596
May. 23, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 811
May. 23, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 736
May. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,805
May. 23, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,764
May. 23, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,649
May. 23, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 578
May. 23, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,684
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will discuss the vast to...
May. 23, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,322