|By Marketwired .||
|April 30, 2014 09:18 AM EDT||
MCLEAN, VA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/30/14 -- Freddie Mac's (OTCQB: FMCC) full menu of relief policies for borrowers affected by disaster is being extended to homeowners whose homes were damaged or destroyed by the powerful storm that swept through Arkansas and other states. Freddie Mac's disaster relief policies are targeted to borrowers with homes in jurisdictions President Obama has declared to be Major Disaster Areas where federal Individual Assistance programs are being made available to affected individuals and households. Freddie Mac is one of the nation's largest investors in residential mortgages.
Attribute to Tracy Mooney, Senior Vice President of Single-Family Servicing, Freddie Mac:
"Freddie Mac is urgently reminding the nation's mortgage servicers about the full range of mortgage relief options they can provide to affected borrowers with mortgages we own or guarantee. These options include forbearance on mortgage payments for up to one year. We strongly encourage borrowers to contact their servicers to discuss mortgage relief."
- Freddie Mac disaster relief policies authorize mortgage servicers to help affected borrowers in presidentially declared Major Disaster Areas where federal Individual Assistance programs have been extended. A list of these areas can be found at http://www.fema.gov/disasters.
- Freddie Mac mortgage relief options for affected borrowers in these areas include:
- Suspending foreclosure for up to 12 months;
- Waiving assessments of penalties or late fees against borrowers with disaster-damaged homes; and
- Not reporting forbearance or delinquencies caused by the disaster to the nation's credit bureaus.
- Freddie Mac is also reminding servicers to consider borrowers who work in eligible disaster areas, but have homes in unaffected areas, for Freddie Mac's standard relief policies, which include forbearance or mortgage modifications.
- Affected borrowers should immediately contact their mortgage servicer -- the company to which they send their monthly mortgage payment.
- See http://www.freddiemac.com/singlefamily/service for a description of Freddie Mac disaster relief policies.
Freddie Mac was established by Congress in 1970 to provide liquidity, stability and affordability to the nation's residential mortgage markets. Freddie Mac supports communities across the nation by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Today Freddie Mac is making home possible for one in four homebuyers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. www.FreddieMac.com. Twitter: @FreddieMac
Sep. 30, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,098
Sep. 30, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,406
Sep. 30, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,040
Sep. 30, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,805
Sep. 30, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 458
Sep. 30, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 448
Sep. 30, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,192
Sep. 30, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 741
Sep. 30, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,561
Sep. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 555
Sep. 30, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 451
Sep. 30, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 462
Sep. 30, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,454
Sep. 30, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 745
Sep. 30, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,907