|By Business Wire||
|April 30, 2014 01:15 PM EDT||
IP Infusion, Inc., a leading provider of intelligent network software for enhanced Ethernet and IP services, today announced the general availability of ZebOS-XP® Release 1.1 which adds greater network scalability, bandwidth scaling, and redundancy to the network platform.
ZebOS-XP is a next generation network platform designed to help build today’s and tomorrow’s terabit scale networks and network devices. The ZebOS-XP (ZebOS Extended Performance) software architecture delivers superior scaling and performance to support current and future multiprocessor hardware platforms, helping ensure future scalability. ZebOS-XP has the critical software-defined networking (SDN) ready features with an end-to-end solution for fast, time-to-market implementation of next generation networks.
This Release 1.1 features support for new features and enhancements including:
- McLAG-based bisectional bandwidth scaling – adds support for Multi-chassis Link aggregation for Layer 2 switching to increase bandwidth and will provide both link and node level redundancy.
- Virtual Private LAN Service enhancements – provides additional support for tagged mode VPLS (VPLS type ETH_VLAN).
- MPLS scalability – features significant improvements in scalability and performance of LDP-RSVP-TE modules.
- High Availability – provides Nonstop Forwarding with Stateful Switchover (SSO) support for OSPF protocol.
- Unicast and multicast routing enhancements – adds OSPF extensions for support of RFC 1793 and updates to Bidirectional Protocol Independent Multicasting.
- 64 bit protocol and Symmetric Multiprocessing Safe Support – is now 64 bit compliant and tested for SMP safe validation for all protocol modules.
- Additional operating system support – supports WRL 5.0, Kernel version 3.4.10; Fedora 17, Kernel version 3.4.44; and VxWorks – 6.9 (Basic L2, L3 protocols only).
“Next generation networks require software solutions that can deliver more bandwidth, larger networks and redundancy for continuous operations to meet the expanding need of mobile device users, Big Data and software-defined networks,” said Kiyoyasu Oishi, CEO and president of IP Infusion. “With this latest release, network equipment manufacturers gain greater bandwidth scaling, network scalability, high availability and improved routing support to meet their challenges of routing increasing amounts of data.”
For more information on IP Infusion ZebOS-XP, please visit www.ipinfusion.com.
About IP Infusion
IP Infusion is the Software-Defined Networking (SDN) company relied on for more than a decade by equipment manufacturers to help deliver products faster with lower costs and better differentiation. Over 250 customers, including all major networking equipment manufacturers, use IP Infusion’s SDN platform ZebOS to build products that address the evolving needs of cloud, carrier and mobile networking. IP Infusion’s technology is deployed in networks with the highest levels of reliability across five continents that transport billions of mobile messages and provide the foundation for public, private and hybrid clouds. IP Infusion is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and is a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of ACCESS CO., LTD. Additional information can be found at www.ipinfusion.com.
IP Infusion, ZebOS, and ZebOS-XP are trademarks or registered trademarks of IP Infusion. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
Aug. 29, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 280
Aug. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,485
Aug. 29, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,438
Aug. 29, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,869
Aug. 29, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 911
Aug. 29, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,661
Aug. 29, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,980
Aug. 29, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 835
Aug. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 794
Aug. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 324
Aug. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,567
Aug. 29, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,745
Aug. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,001
Aug. 29, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,028
Aug. 29, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 839