|By Marketwired .||
|April 30, 2014 05:10 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/30/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Over 29 million people around the world already use Oracle Cloud applications for access to the latest innovations with increased flexibility and lower costs. To help even more customers adopt its cloud applications, Oracle today is announcing the Oracle Customer 2 Cloud program.
The program addresses common financial and technical challenges organizations face in transitioning from on-premise software environments to the newer software-as-a-service model. Oracle Customer 2 Cloud offers flexible financial models, rapid startup services and packaged cloud integrations to help remove barriers to taking advantage of modern innovations with Oracle HCM Cloud and Oracle CX Cloud. The Customer 2 Cloud program allows Oracle HCM and CRM customers to convert existing on-premise support spend to Oracle Cloud Applications.
- Oracle Customer 2 Cloud enables organizations to confidently embrace the cloud and use it to support business transformation initiatives. It is open to Oracle CRM and Oracle HCM customers that are running Oracle's Siebel, Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle's PeopleSoft and Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne solutions on-premise.
- Oracle Customer 2 Cloud is designed to help organizations quickly and easily convert on-premise applications to the Oracle Cloud by providing flexible financial models, rapid startup services and packaged cloud integrations.
- The innovative program gives Oracle customers the financial flexibility to determine their best path to the cloud by providing the ability to re-direct existing Oracle Applications investments toward Oracle Cloud solutions in a way that strategically makes sense.
- With Oracle Customer 2 Cloud, organizations can leverage Oracle Cloud Express rapid startup services to help overcome integration hurdles and accelerate cloud adoption.
- With packaged integrations between the most popular on-premise and cloud applications, Oracle customers also have the flexibility to shift to a hybrid model where on-premise and cloud applications work together for greater efficiency.
- Customers can use their existing on-premise support spend to adopt Oracle Customer Experience Cloud and Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud services within the same product family. For example, a customer with on-premise seats for Oracle Siebel eService can quickly and easily transfer those seats to Oracle Marketing Cloud subscriptions.
- In addition the Program provides customers a practical path for extending their on-premise applications with high value cloud applications, versus wholesale replacements. For example, supplementing an existing core HR system with Oracle Talent Management Cloud or web self-services.
- Customer 2 Cloud can accelerates the delivery of business value in the cloud and lower the overall cost of ownership.
- "Despite clear and significant business benefits, many organizations still face a number of key barriers to cloud application adoption," says Rod Johnson, group vice president, Oracle Applications and Industries Solutions Group. "The Customer 2 Cloud program helps organizations get their hands on the latest innovations in Oracle HCM Cloud and Oracle CX Cloud by essentially removing these barriers. Oracle has invested in providing the most complete and modern suites of HCM and CX SaaS applications, designed to help our customers attract and retain the best talent and deliver to their own customers a great and modern experience. This program aims to remove the financial and integration challenges that can impact a company's adoption of these modern innovations and accelerate their journey to Oracle Cloud."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Trel...
Sep. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 281
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and e...
Sep. 3, 2015 12:15 PM EDT
Containers are not new, but renewed commitments to performance, flexibility, and agility have propelled them to the top of the agenda today. By working without the need for virtualization and its overhead, containers are seen as the perfect way to deploy apps and services across multiple clouds. Containers can handle anything from file types to operating systems and services, including microservices. What are microservices? Unlike what the name implies, microservices are not necessarily small,...
Sep. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 119
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so the...
Sep. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 245
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing thes...
Sep. 3, 2015 11:30 AM EDT
ElasticBox, the agile application delivery manager, announced freely available public boxes for the DevOps community. ElasticBox works with enterprises to help them deploy any application to any cloud. Public boxes are curated reference boxes that represent some of the most popular applications and tools for orchestrating deployments at scale. Boxes are an adaptive way to represent reusable infrastructure as components of code. Boxes contain scripts, variables, and metadata to automate proces...
Sep. 3, 2015 11:30 AM EDT
The web app is agile. The REST API is agile. The testing and planning are agile. But alas, data infrastructures certainly are not. Once an application matures, changing the shape or indexing scheme of data often forces at best a top down planning exercise and at worst includes schema changes that force downtime. The time has come for a new approach that fundamentally advances the agility of distributed data infrastructures. Come learn about a new solution to the problems faced by software organ...
Sep. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 130
U.S. companies are desperately trying to recruit and hire skilled software engineers and developers, but there is simply not enough quality talent to go around. Tiempo Development is a nearshore software development company. Our headquarters are in AZ, but we are a pioneer and leader in outsourcing to Mexico, based on our three software development centers there. We have a proven process and we are experts at providing our customers with powerful solutions. We transform ideas into reality.
Sep. 3, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 569
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:45 AM EDT
Advances in technology and ubiquitous connectivity have made the utilization of a dispersed workforce more common. Whether that remote team is located across the street or country, management styles/ approaches will have to be adjusted to accommodate this new dynamic. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on the challenges of managing remote teams, providing real-world examples that demonstrate what works and what...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 115
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of tech...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 278
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises ar...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,597
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 448
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Sep. 3, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 208
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Sep. 3, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 201