|By Marketwired .||
|April 30, 2014 05:12 PM EDT||
TUSTIN, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/30/14 -- Premier Holding Corporation (OTCQB: PRHL)
As we move forward I believe it is important to provide a short history for current and prospective shareholders here is a recap of our management history including commentary relating to the recent annual filing:
Current Management took control of the public company Premier Holding Corporation (PRHL) in the fourth quarter of 2012. At that time new management believed it was crucial that we derive immediate revenue to gain investor and shareholder interest and support. We revamped our operating subsidiary WePower Ecolutions by changing both its name and focus to Energy Efficiency Experts (or E3). We were excited about E3's long-term prognosis and plans to market our proprietary technology (The E-Series) along with other innovative green solutions, but we would have to withstand the long sales cycles associated with this business, we felt it was critical to acquire a company with a corresponding customer base that could affect sales quickly (daily/weekly) and also provide prospects for E3 and its product array. The company needed a shot of adrenalin that would not only jump start the business but also become the catalyst and foundation for what management hopes will be a much bigger build out of Premier. We believed we found a perfect company -- The Power Company LLC (TPC).
We acquired 80% of The Power Company in February of 2013. TPC is a reseller of energy (electricity and gas) that can operate in all deregulated states -- One of the reasons that the acquisition of TPC makes sense is that this potential deregulated market is estimated to be 7 to 10 times larger than telecom deregulation. TPC resells power from multiple suppliers in order to offer a "one stop shopping" model. This model has resulted in the Company's first ever substantial revenue, totaling $1,804,980 last year. Please note that this is only 10 months of revenue and that these contracts/sales generate renewals that are equal to the initial commission payout. More importantly it has resulted in over 1500 commercial accounts sold by TPC (the accounts now become additional prospects for E3). TPC has over 40,000 residential accounts as well. These contracts traditionally have high industry renewals beyond the contract termination and we should continue to receive revenue for multiple terms on these contracts. In the meantime we continue to grow our sales, literally adding thousands more contracts each month. Again, the stated revenue for 2013 represents approximately 10 months of revenue. While we have not yet provided the market forecasts or Market Guidance for our financial expectations from this operation, we believe that the market conditions that led us to acquire this business opportunity are only improving. The current position of TPC, along with general market conditions and our position in the marketplace, gives us the expectation that we will continue to grow our business rapidly. Following are some of the salient items to consider:
- TPC plans expansion of deregulation into more states, and at the same time more states themselves are instituting deregulation models. In Q1 of 2014 we opened an office in Maryland and have streamlined the process allowing us to rapidly expand to new states with a goal of 3-4 more offices by year end.
- Competitive advantage provided by our energy portal "National Energy Services Transactor" or NEST (see press release of November 12, 2013 for more details). The further development of NEST, a scalable web-based automated sales and compliance tool that reduces the time to make a sale to a matter of minutes. NEST also records sales calls and 3rd party verification, and provides accounting modules for rapid expansion that will include channel partners, affinity groups and even charities that can offer deregulated power through TPC.
- We are also pleased with the growth of the underlying contracts that provide The Power Company with an expanding base of recurring revenue. While these contracts will eventually expire, our experience and that of the industry is that they generally last beyond the contract dates with renewal rates expected to be 70% or more. This means that our cost of acquisition for a customer will decrease, and the ultimate returns are potentially greater than the original contract.
- More states will be opening up to deregulation as the federal government would like each state to have a plan for deregulation by 2020.
- Industry acceptance -- the market is both expanding and maturing and customers are beginning to realize they can change their power provider to suit their needs and achieve lower cost power and/or budget certainty.
Energy Efficiency Experts: We have mentioned The Power Company's marketing success and potential and this year we hope to use that to benefit E3.
- We recruited a new President for E3, Mark Dunnett (Started in Jan 2014) with over 35 years' experience. Not only is E3 approaching the 1,500 plus commercial accounts supplied by TPC as planned, but he is bringing his own client list to E3 (and many of these become leads for TPC as well). Mr. Dunnett is expected to have success with E3 as he is approaching clients we have already saved money for or created budget certainty. Now E3 can now offer these price conscience customers energy efficiency strategies through E3 by lowering their actual usage.
Plans to become a Supplier: This is all in light of our recent announcement regarding EB5 funding we expect to obtain and our strategy to become a power provider/supplier. To be named "Kratos Power" would immediately grow our current business in numerous ways and have already started the process and believe that within the next few months we can have FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission) approvals in place. While TPC operates as an energy broker or reseller and as we garner accounts, only the sales commission is booked as revenue. As a supplier we will book the customers entire energy supply bill as revenue (estimated to be 8 to 12 times higher than the commission). In addition to the current revenue to TPC, as the supplier we would also gain the difference between the wholesale and retail cost of energy (estimated to be 2 to 3 times what we currently earn).
Financial Information: This growth and execution on our strategy was not without some cost. Our Operating Costs increased by $5.5 million, and while $2.0 million of our Operating Costs were based on non-cash expenses (shares issued for services), much of the rest of our spending was to build a software platform that positions us as a leader and innovator in the deregulated power industry, pay for prospecting and lead generation, and build out the infrastructure for future growth.
- Our cash balance at the end of the year was approximately $780,000, compared with $44,311 in 2012. We believe that without expansion we could be profitable in the TPC subsidiary but we have made an internal management decision that is supported throughout the company that we need to build up marketing and get as many contracts in place as fast as we can as we believe that customer base will increase our enterprise value going forward. We also expect that should we be successful in becoming a supplier there is additional value in moving as many of those client to Kratos Power (anticipated to become a subsidiary of PRHL).
- Our Company operates various subsidiaries which have different operating metrics. For example, TPC receives revenue on a "net" basis therefore it has no COGS, whereas E3 delivers products and services and does report COGS.
- A list of the more relevant operating costs summarized in the 10K are:
- CONTRACT LABOR: $830,500.00 paid to over 30 contractors who performed prospecting and lead generation services; $203,000 paid to 7 individual contractors for direct costs of running and reporting for a public company, not counting additional legal fees; $288,000 for nine entities performing operational services. This is important to note as there were virtually no employees in 2013, all functions were performed by consultants and contract labor, much of it lays the groundwork, both operationally, and in prospecting, that will pay off over the next two to three years.
- Legal fees: $154,996.06; Accounting fees: $100,279.38
- G&A totaled $248,710.35 including some items listed above.
All above items are taken from the audited financials summarized in the 10K.
As you can see from our recently filed 10k, the company has made substantial progress in the last year, and Q1 of this year continues that growth. The investment we have made in the company is starting to show results and 2014 ought to be an impressive year of continued growth and accomplishments.
We appreciate the support we have had from our shareholders and hope to add many more in the years to come!
Randall Letcavage, President and CEO
Premier Holding Corporation
Cloud based infrastructure deployment is becoming more and more appealing to customers, from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs due to its pay-as-you-go model. Enterprise storage vendors are able to reach out to these customers by integrating in cloud based deployments; this needs adaptability and interoperability of the products confirming to cloud standards such as OpenStack, CloudStack, or Azure. As compared to off the shelf commodity storage, enterprise storages by its reliability, high-availabil...
Oct. 25, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,138
Donna Yasay, President of HomeGrid Forum, today discussed with a panel of technology peers how certification programs are at the forefront of interoperability, and the answer for vendors looking to keep up with today's growing industry for smart home innovation. "To ensure multi-vendor interoperability, accredited industry certification programs should be used for every product to provide credibility and quality assurance for retail and carrier based customers looking to add ever increasing num...
Oct. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 584
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and ...
Oct. 25, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,608
“Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CloudBerry Backup is a leading cross-platform cloud backup and disaster recovery solution integrated with major public cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
Oct. 25, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,403
In the next forty months – just over three years – businesses will undergo extraordinary changes. The exponential growth of digitization and machine learning will see a step function change in how businesses create value, satisfy customers, and outperform their competition. In the next forty months companies will take the actions that will see them get to the next level of the game called Capitalism. Or they won’t – game over. The winners of today and tomorrow think differently, follow different...
Oct. 25, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,016
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 25, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,028
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 25, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 938
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Oct. 25, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,854
So you think you are a DevOps warrior, huh? Put your money (not really, it’s free) where your metrics are and prove it by taking The Ultimate DevOps Geek Quiz Challenge, sponsored by DevOps Summit. Battle through the set of tough questions created by industry thought leaders to earn your bragging rights and win some cool prizes.
Oct. 25, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,060
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 25, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,176
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 24, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,982
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Oct. 24, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,852
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Oct. 24, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,016
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, will draw together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established ...
Oct. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,377
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 24, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,042