|By Marketwired .||
|May 1, 2014 11:09 AM EDT||
ANTIGUA, GUATEMALA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/01/14 -- El Convento Boutique Hotel opens its 26 spacious suites to welcome families to enjoy the UNSECO World Heritage city of Antigua, Guatemala. El Convento is an ideal base for families to explore the cultural, historical and natural wonders of one of the most popular destinations in Central America.
Along with strolling along cobblestone streets and learning about the rich history of Antigua, there are many ways families can enjoy sun-filled days. Here are eight ways for families to fill days in the enchanting city of Antigua, Guatemala:
- Tour the town's sweet spots. Antigua has many stops for families to learn the history of cacao and the cacao tree. Along with visiting an artisanal chocolate factory or partaking in a chocolate workshop, there are several places around town to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Meander through the cultural hot spots. Take a few hours to stroll around Antigua and see the major cultural highlights including the City Hall Palace, Palace of the Captain's General, the Cathedral with its majestic ruins and Paseo de los Museos.
- Go on a knock knock treasure hunt. Stroll through the cobbelstoned streets and take note of the myriad door knockers throughout Antigua.
- Become a bird watcher. Did you know that there are over 100 species of birds to be spotted in Antigua? Enjoy the splendor of nature while introducing your children to the joy of bird watching.
- Embark on a spiritual tour. Antigua is one of the best conserved colonial cities with many religious edifices to behold. Take a day to see the many churches, convents and cathedrals including Santo Domingo convent, San Francisco convent, San Francisco Church and Church and convent La Recolección.
- Visit a coffee plantation. Along with learning about the craft of roasting and pressing coffee, review the bean's history and delight in a coffee tasting.
- Visit volcanoes. There are many volcanoes to visit in and around Antigua including Fuego and Acatenango, Volcán Pacaya and Volcán de Agua. A family trip is the ideal memory-making experience.
- Bike around the city and stop at a macadamia farm for macadamia pancakes, visit a textile factory, market or artisan workshop.
For more information, visit elconventoantigua.com or lodebernal.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2581684
Jul. 24, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,940
Jul. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,902
Jul. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,624
Jul. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,116
Jul. 24, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,457
Jul. 24, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,463
Jul. 24, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,845
Jul. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,687
Jul. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,048
Jul. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,706
Jul. 24, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,854
Jul. 24, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,926
Jul. 24, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,033
Jul. 24, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,756
Jul. 24, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,376