|By Matt Smith||
|May 5, 2014 09:00 AM EDT||
Data centers managers and system administrators have a lot to keep up with in 2014. The way we store and process data is changing rapidly, making data centers easier to manage, more environmentally friendly, and cost effective. While this post doesn't cover all of the ways that data centers are changing, here's a look at some of the top data center trends going on this year:
- Flash storage - Though still expensive, the cost of flash storage has been falling in recent years. It can handle data at much faster rates than conventional hard disks, which makes them an attractive option for managers weighing performance over cost.
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) -Many small businesses need the flexibility and power of a data center, but cannot afford to invest in the necessary IT infrastructure. That's where IaaS comes in. Small businesses are able to "purchase" and scale storage, networking capabilities, computing resources, and more as they need it.
- Software-defined storage (SDS) - SDS allows for much greater flexibility in matching the storage needs of organizations. Since storage is decoupled from the underlying hardware, the storage essentially becomes a pooled resource that runs without too much concern in the way of interoperability or hardware utilization.
- Convergence - More and more datacenters are embracing converged infrastructure as a way to increase efficiency and agility in management and reduce cost of running applications.
- Big data - There's no way around it-big data is here to stay and data center managers must find ways to store, secure, and analyze these massive data sets.
What are you focused on in 2014? What changes are you making to your data center?
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 713
Aug. 28, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,639
Aug. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,407
Aug. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 826
Aug. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 654
Aug. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,943
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,113
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 670
Aug. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 820
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 875
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,018
Aug. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 762
Aug. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 709
Aug. 28, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 780
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,366