|By Business Wire||
|May 2, 2014 10:04 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q6npf6/tablets_in) has announced the addition of the "Tablets in Western Europe - Market Opportunities and Operator Business Models" report to their offering.
Tablets in Western Europe: Market Opportunities and Operator Business Models,' a new Telecom Insider Report examines demand and operator business models for tablets in the region. Derived from insights gathered from industry players, the report provides an analysis of the Western European tablet OS market, the features available in each price band, demand for cellular versus Wi-Fi enabled tablets and a five-year forecast for tablet sales, globally and by region. The report also includes a review of the role of mobile operators in the tablet value chain, especially in tablet distribution, and examines tablet portfolios, pricing and positioning strategies. It concludes with operator best practices and a number of recommendations.
The report presents case studies on Vodafone in the UK, Orange in Spain and T-Mobile in Germany. Each case study includes an analysis of tablet adoption levels in the respective countries and how these operators position and price the devices as they seek to grow their mobile broadband businesses.
- Demand for tablet devices is growing worldwide. In Western Europe, 47.9m tablets were sold to end users in 2013, about 20% of the global total. Pyramid Research expects another year of strong growth in tablet sales for the region in 2014 thanks to multiple underlying trends.
- Tablets present a good opportunity for mobile operators, allowing them to extend their mobile data connectivity to other types of uses and devices, but, their success in the tablet distribution value chain has been limited.
- Many mobile operators in Western Europe are getting involved in tablet distribution through their existing retail channels, with well-balanced tablet portfolios with 5-8 tablet models, including lower-end, own-brand tablets.
- While most of the operators limit their tablet portfolio to cellular models, there are those that are offering less expensive Wi-Fi-only models as well, promoting data tethering or prepaid access to mobile broadband plans, which encourages data use.
- Western European operators tend to offer a variety of mostly mobile data plans bundled with tablet devices. While data sharing plans are a rarity, additional perks such as access to Wi-Fi hotspots and premium content are available to tablet users.
- Mobile operators should prepare for a new wave of opportunities that will arise in the tablet space as LTE penetration reaches a tipping point. Operators could consider content partnerships to enrich their value proposition for tablet subscribers.
The report is structured as follows:
Section 1: Key trends and the role of mobile operators in the tablet distribution value chain
Section 2: Tablet sales forecast in Western Europe
Section 3: Operator positioning strategies for tablets
Section 4: Market detail: Case studies
Section 5: Conclusions: Key findings and recommendations
- KPN Netherlands
- Orange France
- Orange Spain
- Verizon Wireless
- Vodafone UK
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q6npf6/tablets_in
Dec. 9, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 5,105
Dec. 9, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 1,197
Dec. 9, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 876
Dec. 9, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 687
Dec. 9, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,171
Dec. 8, 2016 09:45 PM EST Reads: 1,237
Dec. 8, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,670
Dec. 8, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 961
Dec. 8, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 1,891
Dec. 8, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 333
Dec. 8, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 392
Dec. 8, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 957
Dec. 8, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 951
Dec. 8, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,726
Dec. 8, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,822