|By Business Wire||
|May 2, 2014 10:20 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t92zsv/niger_low) has announced the addition of the "Niger: Low Penetration Provides Opportunity for Operator Expansion" report to their offering.
Niger: Low Penetration Provides Opportunity for Operator Expansion provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Niger today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2018. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Niger's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors.
- The author expects the disconnection of about 1.7m SIMs (23% of all subscriptions) to have a significant effect on the population penetration rate. The process is likely to have cleared the market of a large number of inactive SIMs, and we therefore estimate penetration fell from 32.2% to 25.0% in 2013.
- We expect voice services to continue to be the main source of revenue for mobile service providers in Niger. Between 2008 and 2013, the overall mobile market grew at a CAGR of 13.4%, driven primarily by the expanded reach of networks in urbanized areas.
- With only $7m estimated to have been generated in 2013, mobile data revenue in Niger is significantly lower than that of other regional markets, such as Côte d'Ivoire or Cameroon. Revenue from data services is, however, expected to increase significantly over the forecast period, at an estimated CAGR of 27.8% through 2018.
- Given the relatively low level of data usage, we expect ARPS to be dominated by voice, which we estimate reached $5.34 per month in 2013. However, by 2018, as mobile Internet connectivity improves, data ARPS will rise to 5.9% of total ARPS, still less than in neighboring countries, such as Benin.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- Market and competitor overview
- Niger in a regional context
- Economic, demographic and political context
- Regulatory environment
- Demand profile
- Service evolution
- Competitive landscape
- Major market players
- Segment analysis
- Mobile services
- Identifying opportunities
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t92zsv/niger_low
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,658
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your ...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,219
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,002
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,648
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 512
Creating replica copies to tolerate a certain number of failures is easy, but very expensive at cloud-scale. Conventional RAID has lower overhead, but it is limited in the number of failures it can tolerate. And the management is like herding cats (overseeing capacity, rebuilds, migrations, and degraded performance). Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing for the HGST Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit, discusse...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,634
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 623
Sep. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,462
Sep. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 335
Sep. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,226
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,154
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 714
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,721
Sep. 30, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,570
Sep. 30, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 577