|By Business Wire||
|May 5, 2014 09:01 AM EDT||
In conjunction with Teacher Appreciation Week, Kronos Incorporated is celebrating and expressing thanks to teachers everywhere for inspiring the workforce of the future. Kronos has launched a “Thanks to a Teacher” video; honored the winner of its “Thanks to a Teacher” contest; and released the results of its “The Academic Program That Inspired You” survey.
- Thanks to a Teacher video
- Kronos created this video greeting as a way to express thanks to all teachers for the important role they play in fostering a learning environment that inspires the workforce of the future. Kronos encourages viewers to share the video with teachers who inspired them.
- Thanks to a Teacher contest winner
- At an event held today, Joyce Maroney, director of The Workforce Institute at Kronos, will honor the outstanding contributions of Mike Motherway, an engineering and technology teacher at North Andover High School in Massachusetts. Mr. Motherway is the winner of the Kronos Thanks to a Teacher contest. During the celebration, Kronos will present the school with a donation and congratulate school officials for employing teachers who inspire the future workforce.
- The Academic Program That Inspired You survey
- The “Academic Program That Inspired You” survey was commissioned by The Workforce InstituteTM at Kronos and conducted online in the U.S. by Harris Poll in March among more than 2,000 U.S. adults (among which 999 are employed full or part time).
- When asked which grade-school programs provided the most inspiration in their professional and personal lives, employed adults consistently identified English, math, computer/technology programs, with English slightly in the lead in both scenarios (professional and personal lives).
- The survey found that among employed adults who agree that a Kindergarten-12th grade (K-12) program provided lessons or learnings that they currently use in their professional lives, 75 percent attribute lessons learned in an English program as learnings they leverage in their current professional lives. Math programs followed closely (71 percent), as well as computer/technology programs (65 percent).
- Employed adults who agree that a K-12 program provided lessons or learnings that they use in their personal lives are also most likely to identify English programs as having done so, with 67 percent indicating this. Computer/technology, reading, and math programs followed closely at 65, 64, and 63 percent respectively.
- While 89 percent of all U.S. adults agree that they greatly respect the teaching profession, only 37 percent indicated that they would recommend the next generation to pursue teaching as a career choice. The top-three career paths that American adults would recommend the next generation to pursue are technology (71 percent), healthcare (66 percent), and financial services (43 percent).
- Joyce Maroney, director of The Workforce Institute at Kronos
“We at Kronos thank teachers everywhere for inspiring, engaging, and teaching students. Teachers shape the workforce of the future, and for that we are grateful – today and every day.”
- Join us for a Tweet Chat on National Teacher Day, 5/6/14 at 12pm EST Hashtag: #KronosChat
- About The Harris Poll, a Nielsen Company.
- Note to editors: Cite survey as the “The Academic Program That Inspired You survey commissioned by The Workforce Institute at Kronos”.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
This survey was conducted online within the U.S. by Harris Poll on behalf of Kronos from March 24-26, 2014 among 2,167 adults ages 18 and older, among which 999 are employed FT/PT. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, please contact [email protected].
About The Workforce Institute
The Workforce Institute provides research and education on critical workplace issues facing organizations around the globe. By bringing together thought leaders, The Workforce Institute is uniquely positioned to empower organizations with the knowledge and information they need to manage their workforce effectively and provide a voice for employees on important workplace issues. A hallmark of The Workforce Institute’s research is balancing the needs and desires of diverse employee populations with the needs of organizations. For additional information, visit www.workforceinstitute.org.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
About Nielsen & The Harris Poll
On Feb. 3, 2014, Nielsen acquired Harris Interactive and The Harris Poll. Nielsen Holdings N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global information and measurement company with leading market positions in marketing and consumer information, television and other media measurement, online intelligence and mobile measurement. Nielsen has a presence in approximately 100 countries, with headquarters in New York, U.S. and Diemen, the Netherlands. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com.
© 2014 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Aug. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,530
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 276
Aug. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 380
Aug. 24, 2016 04:10 PM EDT
Aug. 24, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 332
Aug. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,429
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,820
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 405
Aug. 24, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,790
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,836
Aug. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,431
Aug. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,346
Aug. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,082
Aug. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 395
Aug. 24, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,789