|By Business Wire||
|May 5, 2014 10:01 AM EDT||
MapR Technologies, Inc., provider of the top-ranked distribution for Apache Hadoop, today announced that first quarter bookings tripled over the prior year. With approximately 90% of its sales from subscription-based product licenses, the software company has high margins and predictable revenue.
In addition to record bookings, MapR announced the following milestones:
- An enterprise customer reported that it has generated more than one billion dollars of incremental revenue from the use of MapR technology;
- At least one company in each of the following industries has purchased over a million dollars of MapR product—financial services, networking/computers, software, online/web, ad media, telecom and market research;
- MapR has expanded operations to ten countries outside of North America.
“Our tripling of year-over-year bookings demonstrates the ability of MapR to meet the demands for enterprise-grade Hadoop technology across multiple verticals,” said MapR Technologies CEO and Co-founder, John Schroeder. “Large and fast growing companies around the world have chosen MapR based on the strength of our technology and breadth of our Hadoop offering to drive robust revenue growth, reduce costs and mitigate risk.”
Other highlights in the last quarter include:
- MapR was recognized as the top-ranked Hadoop distribution in The Forrester Wave™: Big Data Hadoop Solutions, Q1 2014 report, in which the company achieved the highest score for Current Offering among all reviewed vendors.
- The company announced the tight integration of HP Vertica’s high-performance analytics platform with the MapR enterprise-grade Distribution for Hadoop. This interactive SQL-on-Hadoop solution improves analyst productivity through expanded exploration of semi-structured data as well as traditional structured data.
- MapR added new Apache Hadoop projects such as YARN for next generation resource management and the complete Apache Spark technology stack for speed, programming ease and real-time processing advantages. The company continues to provide broad support for open source projects, with over twenty of them included in the MapR Distribution.
“With the majority of MapR software deployed in production environments, Hadoop implementations are demonstrating a profound impact on operations. Companies are moving aggressively to impact business events in real time and 2014 will be another year of significant growth for MapR,” concluded Schroeder.
About MapR Technologies
MapR delivers on the promise of Hadoop with a proven, enterprise-grade platform that supports a broad set of mission-critical and real-time production uses. MapR brings unprecedented dependability, ease-of-use and world-record speed to Hadoop, NoSQL, database and streaming applications in one unified distribution for Hadoop. MapR is used by more than 500 customers across financial services, retail, media, healthcare, manufacturing, telecommunications and government organizations as well as by leading Fortune 100 and Web 2.0 companies. Amazon, Cisco, Google and HP are part of the broad MapR partner ecosystem. Investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, NEA, and Redpoint Ventures. MapR is based in San Jose, CA. Connect with MapR on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Jul. 5, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,155
Jul. 5, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,673
Jul. 5, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,372
Jul. 5, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,166
Jul. 5, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,429
Jul. 5, 2015 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,405
Jul. 5, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,594
Jul. 5, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,528
Jul. 5, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,531
Jul. 5, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,957
Jul. 5, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,475
Jul. 5, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,968
Jul. 5, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,644
Jul. 5, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,337
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 5, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,407